USMB Coffee Shop IV

I guess it's that time of year where everyone is getting sick. Make sure you wash your hands a lot and drink lots of orange juice! :D Okay kids?

I avoid oranges, bad for reflux. :p

But citrus, especially a whole orange but also orange juice, is good for you in moderation. It helps with iron absorption for healthy blood, skin, hair, nails, etc. as well as providing natural Vitamin C plus a good dose of Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and the B vitamins.

The best thing about orange juice though, is if you're throwing up, it stays cold and tastes almost the same when you throw it up! :lol:

I usually switch to a good slightly sweetened tea for hydration during a stomach flu. Most pleasant thing to throw up. :)

Well our faces are red. We were both shivering and huddled in sweaters this morning thinking it was just that we weren't acclimated to winter cold. And just before he left to go do his volunteer job beginning at noon he noticed that neither of us had ever turned the furnace up this morning. We turn it down to just above 60 at night when we go to bed.

Makes a big difference. :)

I guess it's that time of year where everyone is getting sick. Make sure you wash your hands a lot and drink lots of orange juice! :D Okay kids?

But citrus, especially a whole orange but also orange juice, is good for you in moderation. It helps with iron absorption for healthy blood, skin, hair, nails, etc. as well as providing natural Vitamin C plus a good dose of Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and the B vitamins.

I try not eat or drink any citrus. I do take a multivitamin every day to try to make up for my picky eating, whether because I don't like things or worry they will hurt. ;)

I try not eat or drink any citrus. I do take a multivitamin every day to try to make up for my picky eating, whether because I don't like things or worry they will hurt. ;)

That's a good thing to do. I hope your doctor is ordering a full battery of blood tests every year too just in case you're developing a severe deficiency in something.

Welcome Dalia. Many years ago when I was in the Navy I found myself in France a few times. I enjoyed it there and had a great time.
Thank you Big Black Dog...the food is great and so good and like a lot frog legs with butter garlic and parsley where i am going for christmas the French woman cook so well French as a thing with cooking and we stay at the table for a long long time.

French food is right up at the top among my favorite cuisines. And I love a good French restaurant.
Bonsoir, Frog legs are not a meal that American or English peoples like a lot but French Peoples don't like Eggnog :) i mean they will never be able to try it. i like Eggnog with a little bit of rhum :)

Welcome Dalia. Many years ago when I was in the Navy I found myself in France a few times. I enjoyed it there and had a great time.
Thank you Big Black Dog...the food is great and so good and like a lot frog legs with butter garlic and parsley where i am going for christmas the French woman cook so well French as a thing with cooking and we stay at the table for a long long time.

French food is right up at the top among my favorite cuisines. And I love a good French restaurant.
Bonsoir, Frog legs are not a meal that American or English peoples like a lot but French Peoples don't like Eggnog :) i mean they will never be able to try it. i like Eggnog with a little bit of rhum :)

That must be the Canadian influence. :) From our perspective France and England have never been really warm friends, so I guess the French wouldn't appreciate a drink that originated in England. I do love good eggnog though. I just don't love the really high calorie content that is typical of American recipes.

That's a good thing to do. I hope your doctor is ordering a full battery of blood tests every year too just in case you're developing a severe deficiency in something.

Doctor? I haven't seen a doctor since I was in my teens. :lol:

The best thing about orange juice though, is if you're throwing up, it stays cold and tastes almost the same when you throw it up! :lol:

I usually switch to a good slightly sweetened tea for hydration during a stomach flu. Most pleasant thing to throw up. :)

I just don't throw up. Much more pleasant. :lol:

You seem to have a gastro-enteritis take of yourself drink a lot of water so you will be hydrate:)

As long as you are healthy you can get away with that. But after spending a week in ICU a year ago September, I have learned there is some stuff that is a teensy problem if detected early that becomes a really big deal if it isn't taken care of.

As long as you are healthy you can get away with that. But after spending a week in ICU a year ago September, I have learned there is some stuff that is a teensy problem if detected early that becomes a really big deal if it isn't taken care of.

I'll go to a doctor when I get insurance. I haven't had it since I got too old to be carried on my father's plan. :p

You seem to have a gastro-enteritis take of yourself drink a lot of water so you will be hydrate:)

I drink a lot of decaf tea. :D

No I lifted it off of Facebook. When I was a kid my aunt had a pet deer.

Sweet!
I had a pet turkey when I was a kid at 2 1/2 yrs old.
He was my guard turkey, just like a guard dog, maybe even better. He keep me away from the farms irrigation ditches. :biggrin:

Hombre and I once had a contract to look at every farm and ranch property that State Farm insured in New Mexico. When we called ahead to speak to the property owners, we always asked if there was a dog we needed to worry about. The few that had serious guard dogs would assure us the dog would be inside or penned up when we got there. And some along the east side of the state would tell us they would lock up their guard turkeys. :) Those suckers were mean.

Yes they are including mine.
Everbody yelled at me to come and get him before they came near the farm house.

The farmers/ranchers were good to pen their 'bad' turkeys up when we were there but at one place I was measuring the buildings when here came the turkey--ENORMOUS turkey. I was not sure of his intentions, and we had already been well schooled in guard turkeys so I put my rol-a-tape against his chest to keep him from getting all the way to me--I was careful not to hurt him. And he started walking around so here I was in the middle of clearing holding a turkey off me as he circled me--around and around and around we went until finally the farmer's wife saw the situation and came out to rescue me.

They said he probably wouldn't have hurt me. Probably????
As a child my grandmother kept goats and you had to watch for the billies and not turn your back on them or you would get bruised cheeks. I carried a stick in the barnyard and when they came at me, I would run at them, they would stop and then they'd get a good wack on the horns. Two or three times and they would get the message. The kids would butt anything that moved and would be one or more years old before a whack on the horns would do any good.
I count myself fortunate that I've not had a goat like that...yet. I have known people who had billies (bucks) you couldn't turn your back on, though. And it seems the smaller guys are worse than the full-sized goats.

Good morning everybody. Brrrrr--the sun has been up for awhile and it is still 27 degrees out there with a dusting of snow on the ground. Hombre and I aren't adapting to it very well either--we went from pleasant warm fall weather to what feels like bone chilling cold overnight. Once we get acclimated, it will be okay but wow. . .
27 degrees would have been toasty-warm here. It got down to 0 but went back to 9 degrees before the sun set. Still no snow, though. The white we have comes from mega-frost. I'd prefer snow, actually. My little Jeep did not want to keep running this afternoon, either!

Real orange juice with vitamin C, not that frozen concentrated stuff. :)

But fresh squeezed right? Remember when i was a kid and lived in Orange Grove country in So. Cal. they had these turn offs right next to the freeway where you could drive your car through, kind of like a Starbucks :eusa_angel: but they gave you a cup of fresh juice right out of the grove.

Forum List

Back