USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have been a long time Bev Doolittle, eclectic artist, fan and post this one for anybody who is bored this evening or to keep our night owls entertained.

15319166_1141235052662786_3567771335002586376_n.jpg
Nine.
Did you count the face of the horseman?
aaaAAAaaahh... good catch... TEN!

We've been talking about Alaska a lot in the Coffee Shop lately. One of the things I dearly loved when we were there is that we saw bald eagles every day. But it would be one or two at most at a time. I never thought about them being flock birds, but this is a recent photo in Iowa--more than 50 of them I believe:

15349605_10154711311705775_8616705301827532728_n.jpg
They're a very common sight here in SW WI along the Wisconsin river. I had just turned a corner on a back road and a Bald Eagle had just taken flight and flew straight towards my truck. I slowed because I didn't know what it was up to and didn't want to hit it. It literally flew right over the hood of the Tahoe. If I'd have only had a dash cam. I've been thinking about getting one.

I suppose one flies into New Mexico now and then but I've never seen one here. For us it is as Peach said, the falcons, an aggressive hawk or owl now and then, and golden eagles.
Had a bald eagle fly along with me for a quarter mile as I left the house one day. He acted like it was a race. I beat him to the curve and he turned up the hill towards the peanut farm.

The last final was this morning. Now I'll have to grade it and post my grades to Blackboard. I promised my paperwork by Friday and plan on sticking to that. That way, I won't have all this paperwork hanging over me like a black storm cloud for the next week, or so.
I think I have one more semester of teaching left before I "retire". I'll have been doing this University thing for 17 years this coming semester. But moving to Willow makes it absolutely impractical to drive to Anchorage for a 3-4 hour class twice a week.
It's been bitterly cold these last few days. I dread going to work because my tired, old body just doesn't seem to deal with this kind of cold as well as it once did. I did secure some of my heavy duty cold weather gear from the cabin this weekend, though. Boots, pants, etc. are no big problem but I do have a tough time keeping my hands warm.

How about real fur lined gloves.
These guys are in Canada, may not cost as much to fly an order up to you. :)
Mens Winter Gloves & Mittens: FurHatWorld.comyy
I have fox fur lined gloves. Works great.

Mine are rabbit fur, but if its the real deal, fur is fur and it does keep you warmer.

I'm allergic to rabbit fur and wool :)

I can't handle direct contact with processed wool, but sheepskin with the wool on it like for throws or rugs doesn't bother me. Weird huh. Rabbit fur no problem.

I have been a long time Bev Doolittle, eclectic artist, fan and post this one for anybody who is bored this evening or to keep our night owls entertained.

15319166_1141235052662786_3567771335002586376_n.jpg
Nine.
Did you count the face of the horseman?
aaaAAAaaahh... good catch... TEN!

Don't forget the horses' faces. :) I haven't really worked at it, but some folks are reporting 11 or 12 faces at least not counting the rider and horses. (You've found more than I have so far though.)

Last edited:
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

A good deal of the USA is in for some major winter this week.

Winter+Scene-Wallpaper-Background-Snow+(19).jpg

The last final was this morning. Now I'll have to grade it and post my grades to Blackboard. I promised my paperwork by Friday and plan on sticking to that. That way, I won't have all this paperwork hanging over me like a black storm cloud for the next week, or so.
I think I have one more semester of teaching left before I "retire". I'll have been doing this University thing for 17 years this coming semester. But moving to Willow makes it absolutely impractical to drive to Anchorage for a 3-4 hour class twice a week.
It's been bitterly cold these last few days. I dread going to work because my tired, old body just doesn't seem to deal with this kind of cold as well as it once did. I did secure some of my heavy duty cold weather gear from the cabin this weekend, though. Boots, pants, etc. are no big problem but I do have a tough time keeping my hands warm.

Mine are rabbit fur, but if its the real deal, fur is fur and it does keep you warmer.

I can't handle direct contact with processed wool, but sheepskin with the wool on it like for throws or rugs doesn't bother me. Weird huh. Rabbit fur no problem.

Can't wear any jewerly either. :)
I'm allergic to all metal including surgical steal.
Every time I get blood tests I breakout where the needle was.
It Itches for about a week.

I can't sleep. Moody again. Restless. So...I took my flashlight and had a little stroll down the street. Not very far though. I went 3 doors down and wandered my old back yard...sat on the pavers I laid on the back patio, listened to non familiar sounds since he had all the Hummer feeders, bird feeders removed, along with both sheds. All the critters that called the yard home have lost theirs as well as we did.

After t touched a few trees still there to say my hello, i thought...what the hell...may as well try the back door I installed from the master bedroom and lo...it was unlocked. So, of course I entered. He painted every room, re-popcorned the ceilings, but left the tree I painted in the entryway. He also replaced all the doors that had doggy doors installed. I meandered thru each and every room at my leisure, knowing that very soon it will no longer be an empty house. I also looked in the kitchen cabinets, and was surprised to see the dishes, pots, pans, utensils I left for him to use if he wished. Actually, I left many things for him because he said to. Cleansers still under the sinks, the new washer, the dryer, the fridge, toaster, etc.

He erased us, but I was still there. So, I saw my second favorite coffee cup and my favorite spatula I forgot to pack and...I took them both. They are now with me in the RV. I almost took the big cement pelican and vac cleaner too but didn't. I felt like it would be stealing..even though they are mine. So I left them there. I also smiled wryly seeing my name still on a tag on a cabinet for when I had roomies to show which cabinet belonged to whom. Good. I hope it never peels off. He can see my name forever and be reminded of the person now homeless because he went back on his word.

For me, your word is your bond. He is NOT sick. He lied to us. So, paybacks is my name on a cabinet, a tree painted on his entryway wall, a missing cup and a old, used round spatula.

Do I feel better? Nope. Just more bummed.

What I just flat don't understand is why he tore down the sheetrock, ceiling, insulation in the garage. That was improvement to the property,because it was still a garage...but with walls. And why he tore down the patio room. Another improvement. And over 1200.00 WE invested in doing it out of our own money. Weird.

He did repaint some of the exterior with the same color I picked and named with his own name. I guess he liked my taste in color. Maybe his new girlfriend did too. Yes, he has a lady now. And I am betting SHE had a big part in his find to get us out so she could move in with him in his house.

Anyway...I got to hug my trees, touch the dirt under the one holding the ashes of 3 of my furkid buried there, got my coffee mug and spatula and walk the home that was mine for 13 years this recent past November..or rather would have been but we gave him back his house Sept 17th...so 2 months shy of 13 years.

Maybe I can sleep now. I got to go "home" for a brief period of time. All by myself, too. I enjoyed it, and was saddened all at the same time. Talk about battles of emotions during that brief trespass! I think I am mentally worn out now. But tomorrow morning...the coffee I will be drinking will be from that cup!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Finals are over and it's time to take a nice two week hiatus from school work (although I am likely the only nerd who will be playing with quadratics for the hell of it).

I hope Montrovant did great this semester and I hope everyone has an amazing Christmas without any of the 2016 BS we've all suffered this year.

God bless, everyone!

-6 here this morning. Put a new pleated filter in the furnace yesterday and slept like a log last night. No burning nose, no sneezing this morning, the air in here seems very clean and easy to breath. The new pleated filter will filter out allergens, microbes, pet dander and such as well as common dust. I always used to use those filters made of the stingy stuff thinking I'd benefit from the extra air flow. Thing is you can see through those filters so they're really not doing much as far as cleaning the air. What a difference a good filter on your furnace makes. I'm going with the better pleated filters from now on.

Last edited:

Can't wear any jewerly either. :)
I'm allergic to all metal including surgical steal.
Every time I get blood tests I breakout where the needle was.
It Itches for about a week.

Bummer. The dermatologists have a method now where they place tiny needles in your ear that you wear for a week or so--absolutely painless procedure from those who have had it--but each placement cures a specific allergy one at a time. My shirt tail cousin was allergic to EVERYTHING she at just about--I mean it was ridiculous especially since she is a Type II diabetic that restricted her even more. And one at a time, she has been able to add foods to her diet. I have no clue how it works but apparently it does. But if you're allergic to the needles. . .hmmm

Finals are over and it's time to take a nice two week hiatus from school work (although I am likely the only nerd who will be playing with quadratics for the hell of it).

I hope Montrovant did great this semester and I hope everyone has an amazing Christmas without any of the 2016 BS we've all suffered this year.

God bless, everyone!

Back at you friend. And someday, maybe I'll have a clue what a quadratic is.

I do still remember my multiplication tables. :)

-6 here this morning. Put a new pleated filter in the furnace yesterday and slept like a log last night. No burning nose, no sneezing this morning, the air in here seems very clean and easy to breath. The new pleated filter will filter out allergens, microbes, pet dander and such as well as common dust. I always used to use those filters made of the stingy stuff thinking I'd benefit from the extra air flow. Thing is you can see through those filters so they're really not doing much as far as cleaning the air. What a difference a good filter on your furnace makes. I'm going with the better pleated filters from now on.

Brrr. Too cold for me. 40 degrees at our house at this hour and will be in the 60's for highs through Friday when it drops back into the low 40's and maybe 30's for highs, entirely seasonal for us. But the weatherman keeps telling us we're in for some major snow in the higher elevations, so we'll see. We sure do need it.

God bless, everyone!

Back at you friend. And someday, maybe I'll have a clue what a quadratic is.

I do still remember my multiplication tables. :)
Along with Trigonometry and Calculus, I had Quadratics in college when I was taking Electrical Engineering. I got straight A's in all of it. I rather enjoyed it. If you have a good working knowledge of how to operate a scientific calculator, it's easy.

Brrr. Too cold for me. 40 degrees at our house at this hour and will be in the 60's for highs through Friday when it drops back into the low 40's and maybe 30's for highs, entirely seasonal for us. But the weatherman keeps telling us we're in for some major snow in the higher elevations, so we'll see. We sure do need it.
Since my house isn't all that large, the oven does heat it up in here when you use it, so I decided since it's so cold that it was a good day to throw in a nice pork roast, should be done around lunch time. I can already smell it and its making me hungry.

Forum List

Back