USMB Coffee Shop IV

I took my bunny outside this morning and gave him some Christmas carrots. :lol:
If you add some potatoes, onions, and gravy, you're bunnies would serve their purpose nicely.

Noooo. . . you think Thumper, not stew.
Nope! Bunnies is tasty!

Only as they appear cleaned, cut up, and unrecognizable at Albertsons. "On the hoof" they are cuddly, adorable, and somewhere on the same plain as kittens and puppies.
Cats and dogs make a connection with their owners.....Bunnies not at all........

Kittens taste terrible

cat-vnr-guns.png

Shit just got real.

The cat has already knocked down the bird cage. She's lucky I didn't beat her. We're going to have to keep the little one's door closed all the time unless we can find somewhere to put the cage that the cat can't get to it.

People need to stop getting small prey pets for the little one while we have a cat.

I train my cats that the birds are part of the family and are off limits. :)
What size 2x4 do you use?

Water squirt gun, in the face. :biggrin:
Fact!
P.S. water training with Maine Coon cats does not work.
You're right. I tried it on a very valiant, tiny rescue Mainer kitten and the little bugger got so wet I had to give up and dry him off with a bath towel. He was soaked and STILL persisted. Sometimes ya just gotta live with it.

The cat has already knocked down the bird cage. She's lucky I didn't beat her. We're going to have to keep the little one's door closed all the time unless we can find somewhere to put the cage that the cat can't get to it.

People need to stop getting small prey pets for the little one while we have a cat.

Fact!
You're right. I tried it on a very valiant, tiny rescue Mainer kitten and the little bugger got so wet I had to give up and dry him off with a bath towel. He was soaked and STILL persisted. Sometimes ya just gotta live with it.

They love to swim and play in water. :)

If you add some potatoes, onions, and gravy, you're bunnies would serve their purpose nicely.
Lol! You are so bad, gw![emoji1]
OK! OK! I'll use my recipe for Welsh Rarebit instead. No "rarebits" are harmed in concocting said delicacy.
Welsh Rarebit
I suggest Guiness in lieu of milk...I prefer the stronger flavor.

Hmmm. I never checked out a recipe for Welsh rarebit before, but it looks like a flavored cheese toast?
Use good hard cheddar and don't forget the Worcestershire. A little ale, too. It's an awesome supper over toast.

Fact!

That's a new one. You are the luckiest cat guardian on Earth, ya know.

Noooo. . . you think Thumper, not stew.
Nope! Bunnies is tasty!

Only as they appear cleaned, cut up, and unrecognizable at Albertsons. "On the hoof" they are cuddly, adorable, and somewhere on the same plain as kittens and puppies.
Cats and dogs make a connection with their owners.....Bunnies not at all........

I disagree. They might not be as personable as some dogs and cats but they definitely know who their people are, who is safe, who might not be, etc. And our cottontails up on the mountain certainly knew where their bread and butter was when we put out the birdseed because we always put some out for them too. It didn't take long until they were waiting for it.

We also had a wonderful dog then who wouldn't hurt a fly--he would catch a butterfly in his mouth, open his mouth, and the butterfly would fly out and away. But instinctively he knew he was supposed to chase a rabbit. So he would take off after one, it would jog out of sight behind a tree or bush briefly, stop, and wait. He would go charging by and you could almost hear the rabbits snicker. I think they instinctively knew he meant them no harm either.

OK! OK! I'll use my recipe for Welsh Rarebit instead. No "rarebits" are harmed in concocting said delicacy.
Welsh Rarebit

Hmmm. I never checked out a recipe for Welsh rarebit before, but it looks like a flavored cheese toast?
Use good hard cheddar and don't forget the Worcestershire. A little ale, too. It's an awesome supper over toast.

I might try it sometime. But by the time I would get out the cheddar and bread, I would be thinking our very easy and very tasty house specialty grilled cheese sandwiches. Much less prep and I would guess a lot faster.

Fact!

Actually those that have main coons, knows they like water,the little terrors. :)

My coon Rusty did this too.

Fact!

Feral farm Cats were my very 1st playmates when I was 2.
Started doctoring them from huge grain rat injuries when I was 3. :)

Last edited:
Off to the bone doctor's office. Hope he has some left-over Christmas cookies and coffee in the waiting room. Nothing makes a busted wing heal faster than cookies and coffee! It's a medical fact.

Is your arm in a cast? Or is it a hairline fracture that didn't require one?

Good news from the bone doctor. Just a hairline fracture and not such a bad one. They X-rayed it up and I'm in a cast to make sure I don't use it so much for a spell. Maybe can get the cast off in a week or so. Will know more next week. Got to admit that it feels pretty good in the sling though. Beginning to get used to this one hand typing. It does hurt a bit but no so bad anymore. Instead of taking 8 of that damn cat's 9 lives I may just take only 4.

Off to the bone doctor's office. Hope he has some left-over Christmas cookies and coffee in the waiting room. Nothing makes a busted wing heal faster than cookies and coffee! It's a medical fact.

Good news from the bone doctor. Just a hairline fracture and not such a bad one. They X-rayed it up and I'm in a cast to make sure I don't use it so much for a spell. Maybe can get the cast off in a week or so. Will know more next week. Got to admit that it feels pretty good in the sling though. Beginning to get used to this one hand typing. It does hurt a bit but no so bad anymore. Instead of taking 8 of that damn cat's 9 lives I may just take only 4.

That's good. Should heal up fairly quickly with no problems. Sure glad you did go to the doctor with it though.

That's good. Should heal up fairly quickly with no problems. Sure glad you did go to the doctor with it though.

Going to the doctor was the only way I could get Mrs. BBD to give me a little peace and quiet.

Welsh Rarebit

Pretty tasty cheese toast. It's kind of like fondue without the mess.

The plan was to get up early, get chores done, and head on up to Willow. We slept until almost noon!:eek-52: The partner because he had a wee bit too much wine last night and me because I stayed up until almost 4 am, putzing around on the internet. The propane heater had kept the place at the selected temperature which made arriving home much more pleasant. Today's temps got above freezing, too!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
Big Black Dog for healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

The way the world should be:
article-1361222-0D5C177F000005DC-644_634x462.jpg

tumblr_mz7ab3WAvC1sped3xo1_400.gif
kitty+loves+bunny+kiss+hug+cute+adorable+sleeping+together+kawaii+cat+rabbit+asian.JPG

Whelp...as you can see...I am still awake. Got up at 8am cuz I forgot to turn off the cell phone and it rang (grumble), then took at a nap at 3pm and slept til 6pm. I can't seem to shake this gut problem I am having. Then again, fast food is not the best diet in the world and is wrecking havoc on my innards. I see the doc next week and will tell him about it since the immodium is not working so well. I know, I know...TMI. But it makes homelessness even worse, if you can dig what I'm saying.

I tried calling the apartments today to see where we are on the waiting list and if we have been bumped up a bit, but everyone was closed today too. Including the bank! So tomorrow...I will be on the cell all day again, calling, calling, calling, hunting, calling. Same shit, different day. But, we do have a guy coming to look at the truck tomorrow, and if that gets sold...well..then its hunting, calling, seeking for another van like mine for MrGs replacement vehicle. He really needs a van like mine. What little we still have left will fit in there and he will have a bed as well. AND...it will be automatic..not manual. Too hard to shift any more with his screwed up knees and I can't drive the damn thing with my screwed up wrists and fingers.

Tip for the day:

Don't get old! It sucks.:lol:

Forum List

Back