USMB Coffee Shop IV

What size 2x4 do you use?

Water squirt gun, in the face. :biggrin:
Fact!
P.S. water training with Maine Coon cats does not work.
You're right. I tried it on a very valiant, tiny rescue Mainer kitten and the little bugger got so wet I had to give up and dry him off with a bath towel. He was soaked and STILL persisted. Sometimes ya just gotta live with it.

They love to swim and play in water. :)
That's a new one. You are the luckiest cat guardian on Earth, ya know.

Feral farm Cats were my very 1st playmates when I was 2.
Started doctoring them from huge grain rat injuries when I was 3. :)
The little guy I rescued was the only survivor of his litter. He was a handful of skin and bones and DETERMINATION to get to food. Straight up my leg when I had food in my hand. In my plate on the table. And he loved to nip and chew my hands. I've never had trouble with any other kitten getting them to gentle, but not him. Sadly, he was killed by a car before he was a year old--chasing a bird. At least he died happy; he loved birding.

Whelp...as you can see...I am still awake. Got up at 8am cuz I forgot to turn off the cell phone and it rang (grumble), then took at a nap at 3pm and slept til 6pm. I can't seem to shake this gut problem I am having. Then again, fast food is not the best diet in the world and is wrecking havoc on my innards. I see the doc next week and will tell him about it since the immodium is not working so well. I know, I know...TMI. But it makes homelessness even worse, if you can dig what I'm saying.

I tried calling the apartments today to see where we are on the waiting list and if we have been bumped up a bit, but everyone was closed today too. Including the bank! So tomorrow...I will be on the cell all day again, calling, calling, calling, hunting, calling. Same shit, different day. But, we do have a guy coming to look at the truck tomorrow, and if that gets sold...well..then its hunting, calling, seeking for another van like mine for MrGs replacement vehicle. He really needs a van like mine. What little we still have left will fit in there and he will have a bed as well. AND...it will be automatic..not manual. Too hard to shift any more with his screwed up knees and I can't drive the damn thing with my screwed up wrists and fingers.

Tip for the day:

Don't get old! It sucks.:lol:
Try Wendy's baked potatoes and salads. Easiest thing on queasy stomachs.

Kittens taste terrible

cat-vnr-guns.png

Shit just got real.
3994A47900000578-0-image-a-41_1477054754066.jpg

Good morning everybody. Hombre had to be up and out for his first physical therapy session before 7 a.m. and then took the car in for its annual checkup and was still at the dealership when I called him just now. So he will be STARVED when he gets home.

But it is a gorgeous, albeit chilly, sunny day in Albuquerque and life is good. I think I am motivated to set up my new monitor in a bit. And then spend a pleasant day doing as little as possible. Other than cooking, laundry, and a few other sundry chores.

Looking at the vigil photo from last night I am reminded of strange friendships forged by various critters. Our horse years ago hated everybody--ornery cuss that he was--but he befriended a goat and the two were inseparable. Amazing tenderness demonstrated between the two.

And when we lived in Kansas, the next door neighbors had a huge brown rabbit named Peanutbutter because that was the color of brown he was. And our Siamese tomcat and Peanutbutter became great friends. There was a chainlink fence separating our back yards and Romeo (the tomcat) and Peanutbutter would meet at the corner of the fence, shoulders almost touching with the fence between them, both facing the other end of the fence.

They would crouch motionless for several seconds and then as if a starter pistol had gone off they would both sprint as hard as they could go to the far corner of the fence. Turn around. Repeat. It was fun to watch.

And sometimes Romeo would jump the fence and just hang out with Peanutbutter. The neighbor and we watched very closely at first, very nervous about that, but they really were friends. Anyway Peanutbutter was bigger than Romeo and I think probably could have held his own in a fair fight. Rabbits can be pretty tough when they need to be.

Here's one bad ass bunny defending its young:

Welp, it was Boo's turn to go to the vet. He's been limping hard on his right front paw but it was getting better, then last night he disappeared, found him hiding and the whole right side of his face was so swollen he looked like a chipmunk. Took him in this morning (by this time both sides were swollen) and he has abscesses, they gave him a couple of shots (pain and penicillin) then we'll take him back in a couple of weeks to have those teeth pulled, poor little guy, could cost as much as $750.

Welp, it was Boo's turn to go to the vet. He's been limping hard on his right front paw but it was getting better, then last night he disappeared, found him hiding and the whole right side of his face was so swollen he looked like a chipmunk. Took him in this morning (by this time both sides were swollen) and he has abscesses, they gave him a couple of shots (pain and penicillin) then we'll take him back in a couple of weeks to have those teeth pulled, poor little guy, could cost as much as $750.

Ouch. Poor Boo. And poor Ringels who didn't need that kind of expense. I don't recall the mongrel dogs and cats we had as kids getting these kinds of maladies. I wonder why we see it so often now?

Ouch. Poor Boo. I don't recall the mongrel dogs and cats we had as kids getting these kinds of maladies. I wonder why we see it so often now?
Don't know, He likes his hard dry food and the treats we give them are "dental approved". It's possible he has FIV but we won't know till the lab work's done. He's 13 1/2 years old and he's never been sick but he was seriously overweight for years, he's down 10 pounds since he's had Giz to play with, he was 26 pounds at his heaviest.

Looking at the vigil photo from last night I am reminded of strange friendships forged by various critters. Our horse years ago hated everybody--ornery cuss that he was--but he befriended a goat and the two were inseparable. Amazing tenderness demonstrated between the two.

And when we lived in Kansas, the next door neighbors had a huge brown rabbit named Peanutbutter because that was the color of brown he was. And our Siamese tomcat and Peanutbutter became great friends. There was a chainlink fence separating our back yards and Romeo (the tomcat) and Peanutbutter would meet at the corner of the fence, shoulders almost touching with the fence between them, both facing the other end of the fence.

They would crouch motionless for several seconds and then as if a starter pistol had gone off they would both sprint as hard as they could go to the far corner of the fence. Turn around. Repeat. It was fun to watch.

And sometimes Romeo would jump the fence and just hang out with Peanutbutter. The neighbor and we watched very closely at first, very nervous about that, but they really were friends. Anyway Peanutbutter was bigger than Romeo and I think probably could have held his own in a fair fight. Rabbits can be pretty tough when they need to be.

Here's one bad ass bunny defending its young:

When my daughter went through her pet snake phase, we had a fairly large boa constrictor. This thing was large enough to eat bunnies (small). It is recommended that you kill the bunny before feeding it to the snake because a rabbit can do serious damage to, or even kill, a snake.

Ouch. Poor Boo. And poor Ringels who didn't need that kind of expense. I don't recall the mongrel dogs and cats we had as kids getting these kinds of maladies. I wonder why we see it so often now?
I think we tend to spoil our house pets too much; too much soft food, too many snacks, not enough good, hard kibble.

Ouch. Poor Boo. I don't recall the mongrel dogs and cats we had as kids getting these kinds of maladies. I wonder why we see it so often now?
Don't know, He likes his hard dry food and the treats we give them are "dental approved". It's possible he has FIV but we won't know till the lab work's done. He's 13 1/2 years old and he's never been sick but he was seriously overweight for years, he's down 10 pounds since he's had Giz to play with, he was 26 pounds at his heaviest.
He's getting pretty old, there, pard. Many of my cats were problem free until a ripe old age, then it's like their systems just start failing. Good luck, hope things turn out for the best for Boo...and you!

Slept another 12 hours last night. I'm pretty sure my old systems are slowing down, too. I don't weather the cold as well as I used to, it just sucks my vitality away.
The partner won't leave the lights alone so every now and then it's like a disco light show in here, flickering and flashing. He was in here earlier pondering what the problem might be. I've told him the solution dozens of times, but he'd rather just tell me to "shut up" because he doesn't like what I have to say. He thinks I don't care about his project but the fact is, if I decided to, I'd put the thing together and it would work. I tend to do research and work things out on paper before I start tossing money at it like I have all the money in the world. I call his method the "shotgun approach".

I think we tend to spoil our house pets too much; too much soft food, too many snacks, not enough good, hard kibble.

That may be some of it. But I think maybe its partly over breeding--puppy mills and the such--or trying to match genetics to achieve a certain perfection or whatever that could be responsible for much of it too.

That may be some of it. But I think maybe its partly over breeding--puppy mills and the such--or trying to match genetics to achieve a certain perfection or whatever that could be responsible for much of it too.

I think its a combo of both.

Good point!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Hombre for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo,
Big Black Dog for healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

winter+night+(14).jpg

Forum List

Back