USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Hombre had to be up and out for his first physical therapy session before 7 a.m. and then took the car in for its annual checkup and was still at the dealership when I called him just now. So he will be STARVED when he gets home.

But it is a gorgeous, albeit chilly, sunny day in Albuquerque and life is good. I think I am motivated to set up my new monitor in a bit. And then spend a pleasant day doing as little as possible. Other than cooking, laundry, and a few other sundry chores.
t hit 74 here today. I love a short winter that doesn't ruin the week end...

Good morning. Happy mdk is back to check in and its so good to see our old friend Lumpy 1 back in the Coffee Shop. You really do need to do this more often, both you guys.

And thank you for your American Happy Christmas greeting Dalia --I bet Christmas in France is pretty special too.

And to all our night owls and early risers, good morning. The cookie bakery is already in business here trying to get enough done to make up cookie gift boxes for the neighbors and our dinner companions tonight.

Looks to be a beautiful day though in the low 50's. They are actually predicting possibility of snow tonight. Wouldn't it be something to have a white Christmas in Albuquerque? We have had a couple of white Thanksgivings and up on the mountain we always had a white Christmas, but in all the years we've lived in the city, we've never had one.
Hello, ha yes the Christmas parties are well Foxfire for this day of December 25:)
The meal was succulent ... scallops, shrimps, oysters, salmon, Buche de noel and the best win:wine:
We were many but a few peoples at the table were more than unpleasant because all day, and all evening the only thing they did was watch their smart phone while All the time ... I allowed myself to send small remarks on this subject but nothing does.
And many people are very sick at the moment with the flu or the Gastro me I do not have it but many people around me have unfortunately catch it after Christmas day.:(

Welp, it was Boo's turn to go to the vet. He's been limping hard on his right front paw but it was getting better, then last night he disappeared, found him hiding and the whole right side of his face was so swollen he looked like a chipmunk. Took him in this morning (by this time both sides were swollen) and he has abscesses, they gave him a couple of shots (pain and penicillin) then we'll take him back in a couple of weeks to have those teeth pulled, poor little guy, could cost as much as $750.

Ouch. Poor Boo. And poor Ringels who didn't need that kind of expense. I don't recall the mongrel dogs and cats we had as kids getting these kinds of maladies. I wonder why we see it so often now?
I think we tend to spoil our house pets too much; too much soft food, too many snacks, not enough good, hard kibble.

When my birdy died I had so much bird seed left, that it took me a year to get rid of it, taking it down to the town and throwing it down for the pigeons. She was certainly well fed.

Good morning. Happy mdk is back to check in and its so good to see our old friend Lumpy 1 back in the Coffee Shop. You really do need to do this more often, both you guys.

And thank you for your American Happy Christmas greeting Dalia --I bet Christmas in France is pretty special too.

And to all our night owls and early risers, good morning. The cookie bakery is already in business here trying to get enough done to make up cookie gift boxes for the neighbors and our dinner companions tonight.

Looks to be a beautiful day though in the low 50's. They are actually predicting possibility of snow tonight. Wouldn't it be something to have a white Christmas in Albuquerque? We have had a couple of white Thanksgivings and up on the mountain we always had a white Christmas, but in all the years we've lived in the city, we've never had one.
Hello, ha yes the Christmas parties are well Foxfire for this day of December 25:)
The meal was succulent ... scallops, shrimps, oysters, salmon, Buche de noel and the best win:wine:
We were many but a few peoples at the table were more than unpleasant because all day, and all evening the only thing they did was watch their smart phone while All the time ... I allowed myself to send small remarks on this subject but nothing does.
And many people are very sick at the moment with the flu or the Gastro me I do not have it but many people around me have unfortunately catch it after Christmas day.:(

Good morning Daria though it is afternoon where you are. Your post shows us how much alike the French and Americans can be. We have the cell phone phenomenon here too.

cellphones-zombieapocalypse.jpg
cellphone_zombie_apocalypse_14.jpg
cellphone_zombie_apocalypse_3.jpg
cellphone_zombie_apocalypse_9.jpg

But good morning everybody. Another mild December day in New Mexico--a bit overcast maybe as we are expecting another round of wetter weather in a couple of days or so. But some blue sky showing through. Today I may do some housework. I'll decide that after breakfast that I am about to go prepare.

Good morning Daria though it is afternoon where you are. Your post shows us how much alike the French and Americans can be. We have the cell phone phenomenon here too.

Yes, They can no longer live without their phone on December 25th peoples had brought with them the batteries near to being recharge, one of the women she did not look at her little boy of the day sometimes she said where is he? I was watching the little boy I was not the only one to be confused a child he must be supervised (4 years) but no head bent over her smart phone

Yes, They can no longer live without their phone on December 25th peoples had brought with them the batteries near to being recharge, one of the women she did not look at her little boy of the day sometimes she said where is he? I was watching the little boy I was not the only one to be confused a child he must be supervised (4 years) but no head bent over her smart phone

I understand and can relate to this. We can hope this phase of human existence will pass quickly.

I understand and can relate to this. We can hope this phase of human existence will pass quickly.
I agree Especially how one sees the way those people are acting with their child I did say that i don't like it at the table that i was not related to this way of acting and that I could not be friends with people who spend their time on their stupid phone.
And we see them walking on the street not looking where there are going

It will pass......once we've created nanny-bots! :lol: Then people will no longer worry about unsupervised children. :p

It will pass......once we've created nanny-bots! :lol: Then people will no longer worry about unsupervised children. :p
Bonsoir Montrovant, i agree it will not pass sadly ...this gadget is a money maker, i rerember in 2009 i think one of my friend told me you will see that the portable ( phone) will do almost everything in the futur he was right.
Good grace a phone is made to call someone but now nobody call with it anymore :badgrin:

Personally I think a harness and leash was a perfect solution for restraining active toddlers in public places--much less confining than putting them in a stroller or whatever and much safer for them than allowing them to run loose. But some thought it horrible and demeaning for the kids.

Sort of like the guy who tried to help out the homeless by building little mini shelters for them that would keep out some of the cold and that protected them from the wind or rain. But some thought it was horrible and demeaning--too much like dog houses.

Sometimes good intentions get ahead of just plain being practical.

Nanny bots? I'm not ready for that though.

Personally I think a harness and leash was a perfect solution for restraining active toddlers in public places--much less confining than putting them in a stroller or whatever and much safer for them than allowing them to run loose. But some thought it horrible and demeaning for the kids.

Sort of like the guy who tried to help out the homeless by building little mini shelters for them that would keep out some of the cold and that protected them from the wind or rain. But some thought it was horrible and demeaning--too much like dog houses.

You? It would put me out of a job. :lol:

One day we'll probably have both good enough AI and good enough robotics to actually make a robot that can care for a young child. Not it our lifetimes, though, most likely.

There have been many times my idea of a child's harness was this.........

noose.jpg

I'm sure my mom would have agreed....... :lol:

One day we'll probably have both good enough AI and good enough robotics to actually make a robot that can care for a young child. Not it our lifetimes, though, most likely.
The 80th before the change was the best years with those old cash register and eveyone pay with paper money We were in an era of proximity

I don't even want to think of a child being raised by a robot though--no human warmth, smile, spirit, love, touch or whatever. Let's hope it never comes to that.

I don't even want to think of a child being raised by a robot though--no human warmth, smile, spirit, love, touch or whatever. Let's hope it never comes to that.

At some point we may have robots with warmth, or at least a convincing facsimile thereof. ;)

Forum List

Back