USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning all. A chilly 20f at our house this morning and it will stay cold today with highs only in the low to mid 30s. It is just a reminder that it is still mid winter and cold weather is normal for winter on the high desert. But the sun is shining and all is good. We have our weekly 42 game this afternoon and will take my 90-yr-old aunt pizza and have dinner with her this evening.
HaHaHa!!! A chilly 40+ here. Of course, everything is melting and the roads are made of ice. No sun to speak of, but lots of chinook winds. Can you believe this, Alaska is warmer than you are, and windier, too!

Sometimes it is strange that way-- like when we are warmer than Florida, etc. Got up to 35 today but now below 30 and the thermometer is sinking fast. We'll be in the mid teens overnight.
We got up to 38-40 yesterday and have been hanging around 28-32 today. So, I guess we're about the same as you!

We also have gotten into the teens.
Very cold.
Hubbie doesn't like it because he can't go out until it's in the 40's. Usually gets that temps around early afternoon.
Docs don't want him to breathe that cold crisp air.

Just finished watching a WWII movie that actually left me in tears, Hacksaw Ridge.
It's about Desmond Doss, a conscientious objector who became an Army medic and during the bloodiest battle on Okinawa managed to win the Congressional Medal of Honor without ever firing a shot.
It's a brutally realistic movie but what he did was beyond heroic, it was miraculous.

Just finished watching a WWII movie that actually left me in tears, Hacksaw Ridge.
It's about Desmond Doss, a conscientious objector who became an Army medic and during the bloodiest battle on Okinawa managed to win the Congressional Medal of Honor without ever firing a shot.
It's a brutally realistic movie but what he did was beyond heroic, it was miraculous.

The looks damned good, riveting. Maybe I'll try to stream that at work if I get some time between flights. The other guys will enjoy it, too.

That one is on my to-watch list. The previews look good and the subject is an interesting one.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Grace for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, and all others who need to find their way back.

This cloud over two ski resorts in Sweden this week had folks wondering if the Martians were dropping in for a few runs on the slopes:

70a812ccfd6ff738342caef48c00f94d44bd4c683c1af3ed445b539d40a35264.jpg

Morning Chris and everybody. Sunny but cold in Albuquerque this morning. Hombre and I have grocery shopping on the agenda. That's always fun. Really.

Morning !

I totally crashed yesterday afternoon, woke up , then crashed again after dinner in the early evening. I slept through all of my friday evening shows and woke up around 1:00 am.
I didn't realize how wore out I was. I feel better today , but I need to take a break and take it easy today too.
I think the turtle water was what got to me. :) Used up the little energy I had left.
After all I'm not in my fifties , which was the last time he went through a life threating crises of illness. :)
Caught up on some very much needed sleep.
Today Mr. P's best buddie is coming to get him and take him to lunch at their fav restaurant.
He is very happy man. Both of the guys have missed being together.

Morning !

I totally crashed yesterday afternoon, woke up , then crashed again after dinner in the early evening. I slept through all of my friday evening shows and woke up around 1:00 am.
I didn't realize how wore out I was. I feel better today , but I need to take a break and take it easy today too.
I think the turtle water was what got to me. :) Used up the little energy I had left.
After all I'm not in my fifties , which was the last time he went through a life threating crises of illness. :)
Caught up on some very much needed sleep.
Today Mr. P's best buddie is coming to get him and take him to lunch at their fav restaurant.
He is very happy man. Both of the guys have missed being together.
Take a nap while he's gone. You won't have the guilt of leaving him unattended and should sleep soundly.

Sun is out, but it's still cold. Feel a bit better but my gut muscles feel like they have been punched and are still sore. Still at motel but checking out in about an hour, then heading back to the toadstool damp cave.

Less than two weeks to go...Then we get a real room in a real house with a real kitchen and my PC, our own bathroom. I am so looking forward to it but dreading the 6 hour drive.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Couple of days ago we went up to Alamogordo and looked at a couple of houses, perfect reason never to select a property without looking at it in person. The pictures always seem to make the places look much better than they really are. Looking in New Mexico is sort of a plan B as we're in a holding pattern, the wife has a phone interview next week for a position in Tucson so we'll see how that goes first. Most likely we'll end up choosing a large(r) city, major metropolitan area due to the greater availability of job opportunities, Tucson, Phoenix, Las Cruces or Albuquerque the only real drawback is the cost per sqr footage is typically higher so less room for the money.
What makes it even harder for us is we want a single family not a townhouse or condo and preferably a single level, most of what's available in our price range are manufactured or mobile homes. No mobile home parks as lot rents can be as high as $400 per month and even most 55+ retirement parks have a $130 to $400 per month fee. Like I mentioned before we can get some great homes on acreage in Painted Rocks or Three Points but the water bills are around $500 per month from what we've seen online.

That one is on my to-watch list. The previews look good and the subject is an interesting one.

Bonsoir, i like this forum but i find strange that some of my threat are not working well

Hello, it's strange that the subjects I create do not interest the members ... I have presented nice little games and nobody play.

Bonsoir, i like this forum but i find strange that some of my threat are not working well

Hello, it's strange that the subjects I create do not interest the members ... I have presented nice little games and nobody play.

Sometimes USMB isn't much of a fun site. My lighter more fun threads don't get much attention either. Probably if you just post on threads you can stand to post on for awhile--some are too offensive for me--you'll become one of the bunch more. When people see your name and feel like they know you, it might go better. But I've been here forever and fun threads just don't get much attention if any. So don't take it that people don't like you. You just aren't mean enough for some. :)

Sometimes USMB isn't much of a fun site. My lighter more fun threads don't get much attention either. Probably if you just post on threads you can stand to post on for awhile--some are too offensive for me--you'll become one of the bunch more. When people see your name and feel like they know you, it might go better. But I've been here forever and fun threads just don't get much attention if any. So don't take it that people don't like you. You just aren't mean enough for some. :)

Thank you for the reply, you know I had created a forum on the history of France and the members came to register but nobody or almost did post and in the long after a lot of work I threw in the towel and I Have come here because I want to practice my English and follow the American news and it is true I am not a mean person I have character while not being too shy.:)

Happy Saturday! I hope the day finds everyone well. I am in the middle of a board game tourney with friends. Not doing well, but I am not doing terrible either. Cheers!

I usually only go to certain parts of the board. Most of those areas probably won't have games. The Coffee Shop is probably the only place I look at regularly that I'd expect any sort of games to show up.

A lot of posters are probably looking for an argument rather than a game. :p

I usually only go to certain parts of the board. Most of those areas probably won't have games. The Coffee Shop is probably the only place I look at regularly that I'd expect any sort of games to show up.

I agree but my little games do not date long and finally other games have more success than mine, but hey I'm French of language it may also stuck.
I also like coffee Shop although I am new if I can say so.

I agree but my little games do not date long and finally other games have more success than mine, but hey I'm French of language it may also stuck.

And we like you. :)

And we like you. :)

I like the peoples at the Coffee Shop :) there is something about it that i and i think we feel more free to talk that is why i came here to talk about my little game others places at the forum the way peoples reply is not in Honest and sympathetic manner, Voilà !:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Forum List

Back