USMB Coffee Shop IV

Another great WWI film is The Lost Battalion, mostly accurate with some meaningless and negative creativity mingled in. The Battalion went into the Argonne Forest with 670 men, the Germans surrounded them and after a 5 day siege the Americans finally broke through to relieve them, only 191 were able to walk back to the American lines.

I've seen Gone With the Wind! Beautiful movie! :)
Rossella O'Hara was splendid :bow2:

Was it the original? Vivian Leigh played Scarlett O'Hara. :) I love the dresses! Imagine getting all dressed up like that?

Leigh,%20Vivien%20(Gone%20With%20the%20Wind)_01.jpg

What a beauty she was. It's a shame how she suffered so much with mental illness.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Grace for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset over White Sands NM
whitesands2.jpg

Finally, a day at home to catch up on cleaning and much needed rest.
Yesterday was very busy with all of the business needed.
Like getting the new car insured and old car taken off. Then doing lawyer papers to upgrade my medical power of attorney and the living will. I put the update of will off, but needed to take my Mom off of the living will.
DON'T DO WHAT I DID AND SLUFF THIS OFF JUST CUZ YOU THINK YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH IT FOR A TIME! :biggrin:
Never ending it seems.
It's nice to have a breather its been very hectic for the last week and half. :)

Last edited:
Finally, a day at home to catch up on cleaning and much needed rest.
Yesterday was very busy with all of the business needed.
Like getting the new car insured and old car taken off. Then doing lawyer papers to upgrade my medical power of attorney and the living will. I put the update of will off, but needed to take my Mom off of the living will.
DON'T DO WHAT I DID AND SLUFF THIS OFF JUST CUZ YOU THINK YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH IT FOR A TIME! :biggrin:
Never ending it seems.
It's nice to have a breather its been very hectic for the last week and half. :)

I hear that. There does seem to be some loose end that needs tying up.

I got so sick last night. That was just awful...So we are going to stay another night in the motel so I can rest.

I couldn't control my body at all as I was heaving...Head was bobbing around, both hand went numb, which was weird. I think every pore of my body opened up because I was a mass of cold clammy sweat. Scared mrg something fierce cuz he wanted to call an ambulance. I wasn't scared...I was in another world of nothing but numbing fog and pain.

I think I have been sick because of that RV, to be honest. They aren't meant to live in..Especially when mushrooms are growing under the couch bed spewing spores, and inhaling bleach from trying to kill them. And no telling what kind of toxic mold is growing inside the walls.

I wish we could stay in the motel until the 8th, but it costs too much. We will come back to it for the 5,6,7th and move on the eighth, but from tomorrow to the 5th...We are back in the RV. I dread it.

Anyway mrg is running around doing what needs done and it's just me and karma at the motel. When he gets back here, I am going to shower all the dried swear from last night's hell, then take a nap. I feel like someone punched the hell out of my chest and stomach. Not sick...Just really sore from the spasms last night I guess.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

So sorry Gracie. Is there any way you can leave for your new home earlier? I forget why the delay this last two weeks.

I can't believe what I just did!
I fell asleep filling up the turtle's 125 gallon tank. It takes an hour to fill it up.
Water every where. Geez!!!
I was more tired than I thought.
What in the world, if it ain't one thing it's another! :)
Am I trying to mirror Ernies flood or what? :eek-52:
At leat I have a 10 gallon wet vac, so it didn't take long to get it all vacuumed up.
The other good thing is its dry here and we don't get black mold here, like in a very humid climate.

I fell asleep filling up the turtle's 125 gallon tank. It takes an hour to fill it up.
At leat I have a 10 gallon wet vac, so it didn't take long to get it all vacuumed up.
The other good thing is its dry here and we don't get black mold here, like in a very humid climate.

I did that filling the sink to wash up some dishes the other night. Didn't fall asleep but started the water running and left the kitchen and forgot about it. And the stopper was in both sinks. So. . . .I had some major clean up to do. But, the floors are mopped and at least it didn't make it to carpeted areas before I saw the mess.

I got so sick last night. That was just awful...So we are going to stay another night in the motel so I can rest.

I couldn't control my body at all as I was heaving...Head was bobbing around, both hand went numb, which was weird. I think every pore of my body opened up because I was a mass of cold clammy sweat. Scared mrg something fierce cuz he wanted to call an ambulance. I wasn't scared...I was in another world of nothing but numbing fog and pain.

I think I have been sick because of that RV, to be honest. They aren't meant to live in..Especially when mushrooms are growing under the couch bed spewing spores, and inhaling bleach from trying to kill them. And no telling what kind of toxic mold is growing inside the walls.

I wish we could stay in the motel until the 8th, but it costs too much. We will come back to it for the 5,6,7th and move on the eighth, but from tomorrow to the 5th...We are back in the RV. I dread it.

Anyway mrg is running around doing what needs done and it's just me and karma at the motel. When he gets back here, I am going to shower all the dried swear from last night's hell, then take a nap. I feel like someone punched the hell out of my chest and stomach. Not sick...Just really sore from the spasms last night I guess.

I don't know how much you can do it, but spend as little time actually in the RV as you can. Maybe spend the day at a park, or a library, someplace like that you can go for free but still be at least somewhat entertained. If you are at all worried about potentially harmful fungus in the RV stay away as much as possible.

I hope the weather works out to give you outdoor options.

I did that filling the sink to wash up some dishes the other night. Didn't fall asleep but started the water running and left the kitchen and forgot about it. And the stopper was in both sinks. So. . . .I had some major clean up to do. But, the floors are mopped and at least it didn't make it to carpeted areas before I saw the mess.

Mine is on the carpet, so now later on I have to use my carpet shampoo machine, once it dries.
It's Ode De turtle cologne! :laugh:
Yuck!

So I'm not the only one who is trying to mirror Ernie's flooded floors. :biggrin:

We seem to be at the same place all the time.
The trauma from my flood continues. It seems that the sheet flooring in the bathroom got water between it and the sub floor. The good news is that I have enough tile left over from the bar that I can do the 6 x 12 foot guest bathroom floor, The bad news is the lack of time.
The other problem was when I shut off the water, I shut off the water heater as well. The next morning, with 2 sips of coffee in me, it took quite a while to realize why the shower didn't get hot. I went to open up without my shower.
Since then, the young lady who broke the toilet, fell and broke her leg. I got her to the hospital the next day and she has since found another sofa to inhabit while she convalesces.

Yes you can get black or any other kind of mold where you are if the humidity in the house rises above 45%, a swamp cooler will do that. Black mold is no more and no less dangerous than any other kind of mold, it's used as a scare tactic by many less than scrupulous companies to drum up business.
Mold can be a serious health hazard regardless of what kind it is, unless the water source is first dealt with and remediation will be temporary, once mold is introduced to a moist environment it only takes 24 hours to grow ans spread.

So I'm not the only one who is trying to mirror Ernie's flooded floors. :biggrin:
Pretty sure most of us have had self made flooding issues. :D

Yes you can get black or any other kind of mold where you are if the humidity in the house rises above 45%, a swamp cooler will do that. Black mold is no more and no less dangerous than any other kind of mold, it's used as a scare tactic by many less than scrupulous companies to drum up business.
Mold can be a serious health hazard regardless of what kind it is, unless the water source is first dealt with and remediation will be temporary, once mold is introduced to a moist environment it only takes 24 hours to grow ans spread.

I have a heat pump and air conditioner. It gets very dry in the house. :)

Last edited:

Pretty sure most of us have had self made flooding issues. :D

Yes, but this is an added headache that I don't need right now, my plate is full and running overboard.
Crimeanitly!!!

Good morning all. A chilly 20f at our house this morning and it will stay cold today with highs only in the low to mid 30s. It is just a reminder that it is still mid winter and cold weather is normal for winter on the high desert. But the sun is shining and all is good. We have our weekly 42 game this afternoon and will take my 90-yr-old aunt pizza and have dinner with her this evening.
HaHaHa!!! A chilly 40+ here. Of course, everything is melting and the roads are made of ice. No sun to speak of, but lots of chinook winds. Can you believe this, Alaska is warmer than you are, and windier, too!

Sometimes it is strange that way-- like when we are warmer than Florida, etc. Got up to 35 today but now below 30 and the thermometer is sinking fast. We'll be in the mid teens overnight.
We got up to 38-40 yesterday and have been hanging around 28-32 today. So, I guess we're about the same as you!

There are two Aussie films that are very good to great, one is The Lighthorsemen set in what is now southern Israel during WWI. The Lighthorsemen were mounted infantry which charged the Turkish lines at Beersheba, a 5 mile charge which broke the Turkish lines and took the town with its all important wells.
The movie events pretty much follow the actual events and the charge shown in the movie was actually recreated, not digital. Amazingly no horses were injured during the filming.

The other is Kokoda about the Aussies during the Kokoda Track campaign in Paupa during WWII. This one spares nothing in the showing of what these men endured fighting the Japanese in the jungle. This is a brutally honest movie.

One other I almost forgot about is Days of Glory, Indigènes (Natives) is the mildly offensive French title.
It's about the Third Algerian Infantry Division, Muslim men who saw France as their "homeland" and willingly signed up to fight with the Free French. The characters are fictional but the story is mostly accurate especially in the treatment of the Algerians by the French and their heroism despite that treatment.
In the Italian campaign they were used as cannon fodder......... They eventually helped liberate Marseilles.

I've seen "The Lighthorsemen" and it was good. The others, I'll have to add those to my bucket list.

So sorry, Gracie! Hang in there, it's only a little longer...

Forum List

Back