USMB Coffee Shop IV

Goodnight darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Grace for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.
Comfort for the Ringels as they say goodbye to Boo

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, and all the others that we miss and who need to find their way back to us.

rainbow_bridge_by_michaelbittick-d4bfsmx.jpg

Warm here tonight. Between the time I left school until I got home about an hour later, we had at least a 10 degree increase in temperature. There will probably be new snow tomorrow morning. I'm glad it's my day off and I don't have to go into town. I'll stick close to home and get some work done around the place.

I don't want pets because when my cat Willy died ten years ago I suffered so much for his death. So I said to myself "I don't want pets anymore" :(

I've lost one of my sons, my father, my two grandfathers, my little cousin and various other family members and friends. I've had enough sadness and death, and if I can avoid it, I will!

My grandmother will be next. She is suffering from Alzheimer's now and barely recognizes me. On Christmas, I went and sat next to her, gave her a hug and a kiss, and she just stared blankly at me for like 10 minutes. I just sat there and looked and smiled at her (trying to not cry) and she finally smiled back at me. I think I might have seen some recognition in her face, but I can't be sure if she was just smiling back at a smiling face. :( My grandmother's death is going to be difficult because we've always been really close. It sucks. Life sucks.

My grandmother will be next. She is suffering from Alzheimer's now and barely recognizes me. On Christmas, I went and sat next to her, gave her a hug and a kiss, and she just stared blankly at me for like 10 minutes. I just sat there and looked and smiled at her (trying to not cry) and she finally smiled back at me. I think I might have seen some recognition in her face, but I can't be sure if she was just smiling back at a smiling face. :( My grandmother's death is going to be difficult because we've always been really close. It sucks. Life sucks.

Sometimes it does suck Chris, it's part of life and hard to take.
I don't know what life would be like without my soul mate.
I know I will be a lost soul with no family here if something happens to him.
I have never felt so alone in my life as right now.
It's very frighting and terrifying at times.
But life does go on and with time it does get better eventually.

Someone mentioned the tragedies you've had in your life, Chris and now this. So sorry to hear. It must really hurt you because I've never heard you bring these things up.

Alzheimer's is a terrible ending for anyone, it takes you before actually taking you. Take care.

I don't want pets because when my cat Willy died ten years ago I suffered so much for his death. So I said to myself "I don't want pets anymore" :(

I've lost one of my sons, my father, my two grandfathers, my little cousin and various other family members and friends. I've had enough sadness and death, and if I can avoid it, I will!

Ten years ago there were a crowd of family members around, now I am down to just my sister.

Been thinking about the Ringels all day, and their Boo.
Haven't done it yet, we waffled back and forth yesterday and this morning he's up, moving around and alert, he's outside but still didn't eat anything this morning. We still know it's only a matter of time but my biggest challenge is the internal fight I have against euthanasia vs natural death. Hell I'm constantly in pain but not looking to be put down so it's a moral dillema with me. Baby was the only one we ever put down, Mugsy and Little Boy passed "naturally", to this day I still wrestle with putting Baby down and not letting her go naturally and that was eleven years ago.

Been thinking about the Ringels all day, and their Boo.
Haven't done it yet, we waffled back and forth yesterday and this morning he's up, moving around and alert, he's outside but still didn't eat anything this morning. We still know it's only a matter of time but my biggest challenge is the internal fight I have against euthanasia vs natural death. Hell I'm constantly in pain but not looking to be put down so it's a moral dillema with me. Baby was the only one we ever put down, Mugsy and Little Boy passed "naturally", to this day I still wrestle with putting Baby down and not letting her go naturally and that was eleven years ago.

Yeah, I feel the same with my mastiff Gracie.

Just went out back and no sign of the ever present pigeons, sparrows and doves then I heard a hawk....... It's standing on my roof, obviously the usual birds have known where to find food in my back yard and now so has at least one hawk........

Just went out back and no sign of the ever present pigeons, sparrows and doves then I heard a hawk....... It's standing on my roof, obviously the usual birds have known where to find food in my back yard and now so has at least one hawk........
One Christmas years ago, Pop mentioned that he would like a bird feeder for the lawn at the Big House. So, for the next four or five Christmases, Pop got bird feeders. His interest in birds grew as more of them flocked to his buffet.

One day a Cooper Hawk swooped in and grabbed a Blue Jay, not an unsubstantial bird itself. The hawk took his prey to the lintel that supported a big cast iron kettle in which Mom had planted petunias. The Great Circle of Life spilled away, along with all the feathers and most of the guts of the Blue Jay as the hawk tore it apart and fed itself. Pop stood amazed, Mom shrieked in horror and a little bit of Marlin Perkins Wild Kingdom played on the west lawn.

Yeah, it curtailed a lot of activity at the bird feeders for a while, but the finches and starlings were back within the week.

One Christmas years ago, Pop mentioned that he would like a bird feeder for the lawn at the Big House. So, for the next four or five Christmases, Pop got bird feeders. His interest in birds grew as more of them flocked to his buffet.

One day a Cooper Hawk swooped in and grabbed a Blue Jay, not an unsubstantial bird itself. The hawk took his prey to the lintel that supported a big cast iron kettle in which Mom had planted petunias. The Great Circle of Life spilled away, along with all the feathers and most of the guts of the Blue Jay as the hawk tore it apart and fed itself. Pop stood amazed, Mom shrieked in horror and a little bit of Marlin Perkins Wild Kingdom played on the west lawn.

Yeah, it curtailed a lot of activity at the bird feeders for a while, but the finches and starlings were back within the week.
Think this was a Red Shouldered Hawk but I'm not sure about that, it definitely had caught one of the birds and was up on the roof feasting.
The one on the roof had thicker legs than the one in the picture.

Red-shoulderedHawk.jpg

Think this was a Red Shouldered Hawk but I'm not sure about that, it definitely had caught one of the birds and was up on the roof feasting.

Red-shoulderedHawk.jpg

We don't feed the birds here in the city because in so confined a space as our small back yard, it was attracting rodents and making a colossal mess. But we did put out feeders when we lived on the mountain with natural landscaping and thoroughly enjoyed the huge variety of birds who came to visit. In the winter we sometimes didn't try to negotiate snow covered steps down to the feeder from our back deck, but just put out the food in pans on the far side of the deck. And the birds quickly adjusted.

But it was interesting to watch them when a shadow of a passing golden eagle or hawk moved over the deck. All of them--jays, doves, finches, etc.--flattened to the deck, breast down on the boards and they would stay that way motionless for several seconds. They know.

So sorry Chris. I agree that Alzheimers and dementia is one of the cruelest long goodbyes. Kat's mom who recently passed away suffered from Alzheimers and we have lost two close family members to Alzheimers and/or dementia. It is a most painful thing to watch/experience.

Red-shoulderedHawk.jpg

We don't feed the birds here in the city because in so confined a space as our small back yard, it was attracting rodents and making a colossal mess. But we did put out feeders when we lived on the mountain with natural landscaping and thoroughly enjoyed the huge variety of birds who came to visit. In the winter we sometimes didn't try to negotiate snow covered steps down to the feeder from our back deck, but just put out the food in pans on the far side of the deck. And the birds quickly adjusted.

But it was interesting to watch them when a shadow of a passing golden eagle or hawk moved over the deck. All of them--jays, doves, finches, etc.--flattened to the deck, breast down on the boards and they would stay that way motionless for several seconds. They know.
Don't have a rodent problem, I don't leave food out. They're waiting to get the left over popcorn or the old bread, it's typically gone within a matter of minutes so nothing left for anything else.

Yesterday the Stanley Steemer guy came by and did a nice job on cleaning the carpets. I haven't put the furniture back yet because the carpet hasn't finished drying yet. Just let the two dogs out (Nellie and Taco) and they came back a muddy mess. They are confined to the kitchen until they get a bath which will be very shortly. The last thing I said to them when I let the out was to stay out of trouble. Instead they decided to chase one of the outdoor cats who jumped the creek and ran into the woods. The dogs didn't jump the creek but instead ran through it. If anybody wants two dogs I'll sell them each for 50 cents as long as Mrs. BBD approves. I'm a tad hot under the collar...

Yesterday the Stanley Steemer guy came by and did a nice job on cleaning the carpets. I haven't put the furniture back yet because the carpet hasn't finished drying yet. Just let the two dogs out (Nellie and Taco) and they came back a muddy mess. They are confined to the kitchen until they get a bath which will be very shortly. The last thing I said to them when I let the out was to stay out of trouble. Instead they decided to chase one of the outdoor cats who jumped the creek and ran into the woods. The dogs didn't jump the creek but instead ran through it. If anybody wants two dogs I'll sell them each for 50 cents as long as Mrs. BBD approves. I'm a tad hot under the collar...

Difference in climates. Here on the high desert, when we have our carpets cleaned, they are almost always completely dry within a few hours. And we don't have any critters or munchkins to worry about tracking them up. Sometimes I wish we did though.

Forum List

Back