USMB Coffee Shop IV

Come on out to Colorado. You could try some of our more "scenic" roads.....

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

23l._MG_1795.San_Juan_Mtns_fs.jpg

Just not in your RV........ :eusa_whistle:

There is a road that leads out of a small town called "Ouray", and that road winds around a steep mountain pass for about 10 miles until you hit the Million Dollar Highway (well, actually, that deadly road is part of the Million Dollar Highway) - the scariest moment of my life driving that stretch of road.

I've been here.....

No shit, I have been in places like that.

Also travelled some roads in the Provence (France) that weren't fit for man nor beast...

Whelp..... guess who's up a tree again.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Have you considered chopping down all trees in, say, a 20 KM radius of your abode?

:D

Hmmm... I did just get a new chainsaw... :eusa_think:

With the number of trees around here and the way they grow (and the rainfall), IF I could get no new trees to sprout up I can have that done by about ... 2036.

Better get started.

A chainsaw would get Hobbes out of a tree, surely. At least, it would make the tree more accessible to you in order to save him.

Here's the Kendall Mountain trail overlooking Silverton Colorado, a really cool 1880s vintage silver town.

Kendall-off-road-trail-Silverton-Colo-1.jpg

There's the Durango & Silverton narrowgage railroad, old steam train that offers many tour packages for those without a death wish..... :D

silverton_0.jpg

Durango_and_Silverton_Narrow_Gauge_Railroad_Train_1.jpg

On the road out of Denver heading for Golden there is a railway museum with some really cool exhibits.

Great Afternoon - Review of Colorado Railroad Museum, Golden, CO - TripAdvisor

I recommend looking through the slideshow on that link. The one steam engine really does have 6' diameter wheels.

I don't bloody believe it. I have been offline for three hours and I thought my new computer had gone wrong. Then I tried the old computer and that did not go online either. So I figured it must be my modem. But then I calmed down and thought it might be the server. Well I waited half an hour then tried again and now it is working.

After all that I tried to install Wolfenstein the new order, only to discover that I do not have the activation code. There is a blank space in the accompanying booklet where the code is supposed to be.

I went with Steam, some of my old favorites won't work on win 7. Yeah I had to repurchase them but at a discounted price and they stay updated on steam.

I have still got my win xp computer running, and I even have an old one with win 98 to play very old games on.

But I won't be bothering with those now because I finally found the registration number for wolfenstein the new order. It was concealed under a silver strip that you have to scrape off to reveal the number. But it took me a bloody hour of surfing the web to find that out. I found it on a forum where someone had the same problem.

I have had had finger/hand, back of leg and midway on my arm where it folds eczema since I was a kid... Along with severe allergies. It only happens on my fingers/thumbs these days when it does... I made the mistake of doing yard work, pulling weeds, trees etc without gloves more than once and now I am enjoying a chronic case of it on 2 fingers and both thumbs. I am a Designer/Engineer/OM and I use my hands from computer to puck to mouse to paper to boxes all fucking day and I am honestly about to cut my hands off.

The best part about eczema is that they don't know what causes it and they can't cure it.

There are plenty of "remedies' and the best they do is to settle it and keep it from spreading.

Holy fuck I hate this shit.

How is your morning?

:)

peace...

Somewhere the other day, I read that hydrogen peroxide was good for allergic skin reactions. I've never tried it, but you never know. I've always used it to kill bacteria on wounds, and it works. Maybe I should try it on my arm that looks like a bumpy beet from poison ivy or something. :dunno:

Anyway, best wishes and hope it gets better. :smiliehug:

Hi, Becki! Have you ever tried a plantain poultice?

Plantain, And How to Make A Spit Poultice | Natural Health by Karen

HOW TO MAKE A POULTICE FOR SKIN INFECTIONS AND MORE!

Here's the Kendall Mountain trail overlooking Silverton Colorado, a really cool 1880s vintage silver town.

Kendall-off-road-trail-Silverton-Colo-1.jpg

There's the Durango & Silverton narrowgage railroad, old steam train that offers many tour packages for those without a death wish..... :D

silverton_0.jpg

Durango_and_Silverton_Narrow_Gauge_Railroad_Train_1.jpg

I loved riding on that train when I lived in Colo. :D
I got a record album with the song about the Train.
I still love this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
big-black-dog-albums-pictures-picture6665-buggy.jpg

Here is the perfect vehicle for 007. It's got four-wheel drive, doesn't use a lot of gas, and can be driven year round.

In conversation with an Amish fellow I met in Shipshewana named Ezrah, the horse would cost you about $2,000.00. The buggy would cost you about $5,000.00. The buggy has lights powered by battery so it can be used at night and it also has a LP gas tank that stores under the driver's seat so it can be heated in the winter. Some Amish communities allow for rubber rimmed wheels but some Amish communities insist on steel rimmed wheels. Women drive the buggies as well as men. You also have to get a license tag from the state that is displayed on the back of the buggy. The tag cost $60.00 a year. Most places where the Amish shop have a hitching post outside so the horses can be tied when they are inside shopping. This particular buggy is in the rear parking lot of a bank and it's adjacent to the RV parking lot across the street from the Blue Gate Theater where I was parked when I took this photo. I was surprised to see so many Amish folks going into and out of the bank. The Amish also ride bicycles a lot too. One other thing of interest I found out is that the Amish obtain a lot of the horses they use to pull the buggies from race tracks when they are retired from racing or if the horse turns out to not be fast enough for racing. They almost always use Standard bred horses to pull their buggies but now and then you will see a draft horse of some breed being used.

Standard Bred is kinda like driving a sporty sedan, sleek and stylish, but still practical.

big-black-dog-albums-pictures-picture6665-buggy.jpg

Here is the perfect vehicle for 007. It's got four-wheel drive, doesn't use a lot of gas, and can be driven year round.

In conversation with an Amish fellow I met in Shipshewana named Ezrah, the horse would cost you about $2,000.00. The buggy would cost you about $5,000.00. The buggy has lights powered by battery so it can be used at night and it also has a LP gas tank that stores under the driver's seat so it can be heated in the winter. Some Amish communities allow for rubber rimmed wheels but some Amish communities insist on steel rimmed wheels. Women drive the buggies as well as men. You also have to get a license tag from the state that is displayed on the back of the buggy. The tag cost $60.00 a year. Most places where the Amish shop have a hitching post outside so the horses can be tied when they are inside shopping. This particular buggy is in the rear parking lot of a bank and it's adjacent to the RV parking lot across the street from the Blue Gate Theater where I was parked when I took this photo. I was surprised to see so many Amish folks going into and out of the bank. The Amish also ride bicycles a lot too. One other thing of interest I found out is that the Amish obtain a lot of the horses they use to pull the buggies from race tracks when they are retired from racing or if the horse turns out to not be fast enough for racing. They almost always use Standard bred horses to pull their buggies but now and then you will see a draft horse of some breed being used.
There's lots of Amish around here too, pard. One Sunday when I was headed over to my son's place I must of passed 20 of those buggies full of Amish. I can only figure they were all headed to church, since they hold their church in each other's houses, a different house each Sunday. I don't mind passing them on a little back road, but all the horse dung is a little much...
dazed-2.png

The picture looks too old to be photoshoped. The Jeep looks like about a 68-70, somewhere in there, WHO would have been dumb enough to do that? It looks to me to be inches from falling off... absolutely insane.

how did someone get out of the car to take the picture. more than likely, while it isn't photoshopped, it probablly was staged. more than likely that is a very intense section of an otherwisw more managable trail. where i grew up there was a fire road to the top of this mountain called high mountain. most of the road was pretty easy driving, but there was one section that was washed out. there was about a 30' section that had a straight drop off of about 150'. going down the hill your left tire was right on the edge of the drop off and you right was slightly on the uphill embankment. So you were tilted maybe 10- 15 degrees to the left. sitting in the driver seat you were looking directly over the edge. we used to always take picture there because it looked really intense. once you got past that section it was a regular dirt road through the woods.
Ask Bloodrock about some ordinary roads in northern West Virginia. We call them WV Turnpikes and they're so scary you want to drive with your eyes closed.

Oh lordy, we lived in W VA for four months in the mid 80's and it was white knuckle time for me whenever we went anywhere the whole time. And we were going pretty much the whole time, especially on weekends. Folks out there not only were driving on impossible roads but the only speed they knew was 'bat out of hell' and faster than that. And a lot of the paved roads were fascinating in that they were only paved in the middle so you could keep one side of our car on pavement to keep you from getting stuck in the mud during the frequent heavy down pours. Absolutely gorgeous country though. I am so glad we did it.

Now for the more lighthearted Colorado events/attractions.......

Manitou Springs Emma Crawford Coffin Races
121026%5C1C4475020-121026-emmacrawfordcoffinrace1.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

5147802426_ee8d6188ab_z.jpg

Emma_Crawford_Parade.jpg

Coffin races?!?!?!?

Wow... bet people are just dying to compete in that...

:lol:

Nice to see they have recovered from the flooding !---( best chiropractor in the world has a walk in office there--10 bucks. ) for the whole treatment--( not 10$ a pop ). :D

What is this thing called "work" everyone is talking about? Is it like watering flowers and stuff? Speaking of flowers, it's that time of year when it's in the upper 90's every day. I have plants that thrive in the heat but my Hydraengea's, Hibiscus and Goober Daisies will wilt if you don't give them a good soaking. It's amazing to water a wilting plant and watch it perk up before your very eyes.

Weird. Hasn't been out of the mid-70s here. I'm kinda waiting on my tomatoes to ripen already. They're still green.

They're still green? My tomato plants are almost giving out....I've had so many turn red all at the same time. I chopped a bunch of them and froze them, I've made tons of salsa and even made some pickled green tomatoes...you need some of our sun.

It's been really hot today....in the 90's and we're supposed to get some rain...but it doesn't look like it to me....

Start making "green fried tomatoes" - they are delicious.

Hey guys! I told CeeCee to come have some coffee with youse guys, so I hope she does. :)

Forum List

Back