USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have had had finger/hand, back of leg and midway on my arm where it folds eczema since I was a kid... Along with severe allergies. It only happens on my fingers/thumbs these days when it does... I made the mistake of doing yard work, pulling weeds, trees etc without gloves more than once and now I am enjoying a chronic case of it on 2 fingers and both thumbs. I am a Designer/Engineer/OM and I use my hands from computer to puck to mouse to paper to boxes all fucking day and I am honestly about to cut my hands off.

The best part about eczema is that they don't know what causes it and they can't cure it.

There are plenty of "remedies' and the best they do is to settle it and keep it from spreading.

Holy fuck I hate this shit.

How is your morning?

:)

peace...

[MENTION=18755]mal[/MENTION]

I don't mean to make you type more but have you ever had your thyroid checked? There are a multitude of underlying symptoms associated with thyroid disease including skin issues. Peeling skin.

I went to a lecture the other night and now I'm obsessed with learning more about it. Hope you feel better at any rate.

Causes of eczema

Last edited:
There is a road that leads out of a small town called "Ouray", and that road winds around a steep mountain pass for about 10 miles until you hit the Million Dollar Highway (well, actually, that deadly road is part of the Million Dollar Highway) - the scariest moment of my life driving that stretch of road.
I've been on some mountain side roads in a foreign country where there is no railing, and the road has two way traffic. The problem occurs when you hit a blind curve, where at times the road is reduced to only one lane, even with the two way traffic. I was unable to see oncoming traffic, but was told to honk before I hit the curve, and was told that all would be ok. That is not too reassuring if the other driver coming around the turn forgets to honk. Apparently there are fatalities there every year.

Been there, done that, too. ONE LANE dirt road for 12 miles in mountainous terrain and in a Corvette, with huge trucks on the road coming our way. Yes, honking before curves is mandatory, if you want to survive the thrill of it all, which it was. :D

Oh good grief, I would hate that! Just like this thing:

Yuk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey it's good to be back home again,
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long-lost friend,
and hey it's good to be back home again!

Heard John Denver sing that once at a concert. We made it back home with no problems and arrived at about 1430. Traffic and the roads around Chicago were terrible just like they always are but we sailed through and made good time getting home. I wasn't going to pick up the hound dogs from the kennel until tomorrow but I couldn't stand it any longer and went and sprang them from their compound. You would think they would have been thrilled to see me but it was Mrs. BBD that got all the doggie licks and tail wags. I'll have to remember that when they look to me for a treat. The trip was very nice, the RV seems to be perfectly fine and except for a couple of skeeter bites and being tired life is very good. I should have used bug spray but didn't think of it. I have to say it again, if you ever get the notion to roam a bit, by all means take a trip to Shipshewana, IN. Very nice place and not your typical tourist trap. If quilting is your thing, then by all means you have to go there. It's like the "Motherland" for quilters. Mrs. BBD found all sorts of neat stuff not available to her in this area. My intention was to read a couple of books on this trip. Hate to mention it but I didn't even crack the cover of them. Oh well, time for a long hot shower and maybe a little early bed time tonight. I've got a few things to do tomorrow but I will try to post a couple of interesting photos if I have time.

Come on out to Colorado. You could try some of our more "scenic" roads.....

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

23l._MG_1795.San_Juan_Mtns_fs.jpg

Just not in your RV........ :eusa_whistle:

for a real thrill, do them in the winter

big-black-dog-albums-pictures-picture6664-jeannineandhorse.jpg

Good morning, Coffee Shop crew. Here is a photo of Mrs. BBD and her new-found friend, Kate. Kate gave us a 30 minute ride around town in the Amish buggy and a barn tour where lots of other horses were housed. It was fun and we both enjoyed it a lot. BTW, just so you don't make a mistake, Mrs. BBD is the one on the left!

Hey it's good to be back home again,
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long-lost friend,
and hey it's good to be back home again!

Heard John Denver sing that once at a concert. We made it back home with no problems and arrived at about 1430. Traffic and the roads around Chicago were terrible just like they always are but we sailed through and made good time getting home. I wasn't going to pick up the hound dogs from the kennel until tomorrow but I couldn't stand it any longer and went and sprang them from their compound. You would think they would have been thrilled to see me but it was Mrs. BBD that got all the doggie licks and tail wags. I'll have to remember that when they look to me for a treat. The trip was very nice, the RV seems to be perfectly fine and except for a couple of skeeter bites and being tired life is very good. I should have used bug spray but didn't think of it. I have to say it again, if you ever get the notion to roam a bit, by all means take a trip to Shipshewana, IN. Very nice place and not your typical tourist trap. If quilting is your thing, then by all means you have to go there. It's like the "Motherland" for quilters. Mrs. BBD found all sorts of neat stuff not available to her in this area. My intention was to read a couple of books on this trip. Hate to mention it but I didn't even crack the cover of them. Oh well, time for a long hot shower and maybe a little early bed time tonight. I've got a few things to do tomorrow but I will try to post a couple of interesting photos if I have time.

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

There is a road that leads out of a small town called "Ouray", and that road winds around a steep mountain pass for about 10 miles until you hit the Million Dollar Highway (well, actually, that deadly road is part of the Million Dollar Highway) - the scariest moment of my life driving that stretch of road.

I've been here.....

big-black-dog-albums-pictures-picture6664-jeannineandhorse.jpg

Good morning, Coffee Shop crew. Here is a photo of Mrs. BBD and her new-found friend, Kate. Kate gave us a 30 minute ride around town in the Amish buggy and a barn tour where lots of other horses were housed. It was fun and we both enjoyed it a lot. BTW, just so you don't make a mistake, Mrs. BBD is the one on the left!

She's lovely. Kate too.

Looks like a good weekend was had by all.!

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

I've been here.....

on coming traffic is a bitch

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I've been here.....

That makes me CRINGE just to look at the PICTURE...
surprised-005.gif

surprised-005.gif

i think he may need to do a little touch up on the right quarter panels and doors. probably even some clean up on the drivers seat

The picture looks too old to be photoshoped. The Jeep looks like about a 68-70, somewhere in there, WHO would have been dumb enough to do that? It looks to me to be inches from falling off... absolutely insane.

surprised-005.gif

i think he may need to do a little touch up on the right quarter panels and doors. probably even some clean up on the drivers seat

The picture looks too old to be photoshoped. The Jeep looks like about a 68-70, somewhere in there, WHO would have been dumb enough to do that? It looks to me to be inches from falling off... absolutely insane.

how did someone get out of the car to take the picture. more than likely, while it isn't photoshopped, it probablly was staged. more than likely that is a very intense section of an otherwisw more managable trail. where i grew up there was a fire road to the top of this mountain called high mountain. most of the road was pretty easy driving, but there was one section that was washed out. there was about a 30' section that had a straight drop off of about 150'. going down the hill your left tire was right on the edge of the drop off and you right was slightly on the uphill embankment. So you were tilted maybe 10- 15 degrees to the left. sitting in the driver seat you were looking directly over the edge. we used to always take picture there because it looked really intense. once you got past that section it was a regular dirt road through the woods.

how did someone get out of the car to take the picture. more than likely, while it isn't photoshopped, it probablly was staged. more than likely that is a very intense section of an otherwisw more managable trail. where i grew up there was a fire road to the top of this mountain called high mountain. most of the road was pretty easy driving, but there was one section that was washed out. there was about a 30' section that had a straight drop off of about 150'. going down the hill your left tire was right on the edge of the drop off and you right was slightly on the uphill embankment. So you were tilted maybe 10- 15 degrees to the left. sitting in the driver seat you were looking directly over the edge. we used to always take picture there because it looked really intense. once you got past that section it was a regular dirt road through the woods.
I'm not ashamed in the slightest to admit it... I'd need a clean change of drawers... :lol:

I've done my share of 4-wheelin' too. Drove in some pretty insane spots out in Montana with my old '64 GMC, 4x4. Up streams, on steep hill sides hanging out the door with the throttle pulled out... OH, one time after doing that the engine was losing power, and I noticed the middle of the hood was starting to discolor. Opened to the hood to find the engine on fire. It had an old oil bathe air cleaner on it, and I'd driven it at such a steep angle that oil ran out of the air cleaner on top of the engine. The engine was a 305 ci, GMC, V6, looked like a 348/409 with the rams horn valve covers, except the spark plugs when in the top of the heads. The oil hit the spark plugs, caused a spark and caught the engine on fire. Had to give up my shirt to put the fire out.

I'm just not real fond of sheer drop offs.

Last edited:

Colorado-Black-Bear-Pass.jpg

The back door opens on the Jeep. At any rate, You'd have to have some pretty important business up there to be there in the first place. Or a death wish.

The back door opens on the Jeep. At any rate, You'd have to have some pretty important business up there to be there in the first place. Or a death wish.

There are jeep tours that take people up these trails as well as trail clubs and individuals. Trails are categorized as easy, moderate and difficult.
That one in the picture is Black Bear Pass, only about a mile of it is considered difficult. At some of the switchbacks even short base jeeps have to do 3 point turns to navigate the switchbacks. I think the last accident resulting in death was in 2004 when a couple died when their jeep went over the edge and fell 900 feet.
Here's a writeup on the trail:
Black Bear Pass | Telluride Colorado Off-Road Trails | Trails.com
It's not a trail for the faint of heart........

There are jeep tours that take people up these trails as well as trail clubs and individuals. Trails are categorized as easy, moderate and difficult.
That one in the picture is Black Bear Pass, only about a mile of it is considered difficult. At some of the switchbacks even short base jeeps have to do 3 point turns to navigate the switchbacks. I think the last accident resulting in death was in 2004 when a couple died when their jeep went over the edge and fell 900 feet.

It's not a trail for those who value their lives...:lol:
I don't care that the last deaths were a decade ago, I would never go on that.

It's not a trail for those who value their lives...:lol:
I don't care that the last deaths were a decade ago, I would never go on that.
I wouldn't either. That looks precarious at best, just plain unsafe. I don't have that big of a lust for a thrill to suspend my better judgement to that degree.

trails like that i've done. intense yes, but that other pic is pure insanity

Here's the Kendall Mountain trail overlooking Silverton Colorado, a really cool 1880s vintage silver town.

Kendall-off-road-trail-Silverton-Colo-1.jpg

There's the Durango & Silverton narrowgage railroad, old steam train that offers many tour packages for those without a death wish..... :D

silverton_0.jpg

Durango_and_Silverton_Narrow_Gauge_Railroad_Train_1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back