USMB Coffee Shop IV

Whelp..... guess who's up a tree again.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Have you considered chopping down all trees in, say, a 20 KM radius of your abode?

:D

Hmmm... I did just get a new chainsaw... :eusa_think:

With the number of trees around here and the way they grow (and the rainfall), IF I could get no new trees to sprout up I can have that done by about ... 2036.

Better get started.

How about getting Hobbs a cat tree for inside the house?
Get one that is at least 7 1/2 foot tall.
I bet he would stop if you did.

Have you considered chopping down all trees in, say, a 20 KM radius of your abode?

:D

Hmmm... I did just get a new chainsaw... :eusa_think:

With the number of trees around here and the way they grow (and the rainfall), IF I could get no new trees to sprout up I can have that done by about ... 2036.

Better get started.

How about getting Hobbs a cat tree for inside the house?
Get one that is at least 7 1/2 foot tall.
I bet he would stop if you did.

I'd have to start by cutting holes in this low ceiling... but then I do have a new chainsaw.... :lol:

Can't even use the freaking chainsaw either; after threatening to rain all day it finally sunnied-up and I went to break out then new toy. It says to use SAE 30 oil only, not bar and chain oil. NOW they tell me. :banghead:

Should have a huge label on the outside, "warning - uses nonstandard oil". Now I'll have to wait until I go to town again. And I had that oil lying around until two weeks ago when I gave it away. :mad:

Hobbes, he's just an explorer. He's going to go outside and roam no matter what. If I go out to clear the land he's always there following me, pouncing every time I pull a weed up. :lol:

The big black dog from across the street came by barking at me. He's the only one from over there that isn't friendly. When I chased him off he went up the hill towards where Hobbes is, so I had to follow him up that way and chase him away from there too. Got up to where Hobbes is, and he's just sitting in his limb, sleeping.

It pisses me off because I hire him to be a mouser, and he's not showing up for work. Then again as long as that goes on he isn't getting his food paycheck either...

Last edited:
Hey it's good to be back home again,
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long-lost friend,
and hey it's good to be back home again!

Heard John Denver sing that once at a concert. We made it back home with no problems and arrived at about 1430. Traffic and the roads around Chicago were terrible just like they always are but we sailed through and made good time getting home. I wasn't going to pick up the hound dogs from the kennel until tomorrow but I couldn't stand it any longer and went and sprang them from their compound. You would think they would have been thrilled to see me but it was Mrs. BBD that got all the doggie licks and tail wags. I'll have to remember that when they look to me for a treat. The trip was very nice, the RV seems to be perfectly fine and except for a couple of skeeter bites and being tired life is very good. I should have used bug spray but didn't think of it. I have to say it again, if you ever get the notion to roam a bit, by all means take a trip to Shipshewana, IN. Very nice place and not your typical tourist trap. If quilting is your thing, then by all means you have to go there. It's like the "Motherland" for quilters. Mrs. BBD found all sorts of neat stuff not available to her in this area. My intention was to read a couple of books on this trip. Hate to mention it but I didn't even crack the cover of them. Oh well, time for a long hot shower and maybe a little early bed time tonight. I've got a few things to do tomorrow but I will try to post a couple of interesting photos if I have time.

From Spaceweather.com, which I went to for details on yesterday's solar flare burst:

>> ELECTRIC-BLUE SUNRISE: Yesterday morning in Russia, the sunrise was electric-blue. Bright bands of noctilucent clouds zig-zagged like lightning across the twilight sky, continuing a two-day display that has delighted observers across northern Europe. Michael Zavyalov sends this picture taken July 8th from the city of Yaroslavl:

electricblue_strip.jpg

... NLCs are Earth's highest clouds. Seeded by "meteor smoke," they form at the edge of space 83 km above Earth's surface. When sunlight hits the tiny ice crystals that make up these clouds, they glow electric blue.
In the northern hemisphere, July is the best month to see them. NLCs appear during summer because that is when water molecules are wafted up from the lower atmosphere to mix with the meteor smoke. That is also, ironically, when the upper atmosphere is coldest, allowing the ice crystals of NLCs to form.

The natural habitat of noctilucent clouds is the Arctic Circle. In recent years, however, they have spread to lower latitudes with sightings as far south as Utah and Colorado. This will likely happen in 2014 as well. Observing tips: Look west 30 to 60 minutes after sunset when the Sun has dipped 6o to 16o below the horizon. If you see blue-white tendrils zig-zagging across the sky, you may have spotted a noctilucent cloud. <<​

Heard John Denver sing that once at a concert. We made it back home with no problems and arrived at about 1430. Traffic and the roads around Chicago were terrible just like they always are but we sailed through and made good time getting home. I wasn't going to pick up the hound dogs from the kennel until tomorrow but I couldn't stand it any longer and went and sprang them from their compound. You would think they would have been thrilled to see me but it was Mrs. BBD that got all the doggie licks and tail wags. I'll have to remember that when they look to me for a treat. The trip was very nice, the RV seems to be perfectly fine and except for a couple of skeeter bites and being tired life is very good. I should have used bug spray but didn't think of it. I have to say it again, if you ever get the notion to roam a bit, by all means take a trip to Shipshewana, IN. Very nice place and not your typical tourist trap. If quilting is your thing, then by all means you have to go there. It's like the "Motherland" for quilters. Mrs. BBD found all sorts of neat stuff not available to her in this area. My intention was to read a couple of books on this trip. Hate to mention it but I didn't even crack the cover of them. Oh well, time for a long hot shower and maybe a little early bed time tonight. I've got a few things to do tomorrow but I will try to post a couple of interesting photos if I have time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AVDUsklkkQ]Home sweet Home By Carrie underwood - YouTube[/ame]

I am positive Thursday will be a good day for me. How much of a good day do you need me to share?

Last edited:
I have had had finger/hand, back of leg and midway on my arm where it folds eczema since I was a kid... Along with severe allergies. It only happens on my fingers/thumbs these days when it does... I made the mistake of doing yard work, pulling weeds, trees etc without gloves more than once and now I am enjoying a chronic case of it on 2 fingers and both thumbs. I am a Designer/Engineer/OM and I use my hands from computer to puck to mouse to paper to boxes all fucking day and I am honestly about to cut my hands off.

The best part about eczema is that they don't know what causes it and they can't cure it.

There are plenty of "remedies' and the best they do is to settle it and keep it from spreading.

Holy fuck I hate this shit.

How is your morning?

:)

peace...

Mal, we should talk. I suffer from eczema, and my trigger is all processed food. Seriously. Try to find out what's triggering your outbreaks. I stay away from all fast food. Most/all of the chemicals used to preserve processed food can trigger an outbreak. It's an allergic/skin hypersensitivity issue, and the thing that's making you itch is histamine. Try to find an anti-histamine that doesn't induce drowsiness. Use a Cortizone 10 Intensive Healing cream. Ever since I stopped eating processed food in favor of bananas, grapefruits, and roasted sweet potatoes and organic carrots et al, I can control it.

Stress can trigger it, as well as chemicals, like those in soaps, laundry detergents, and fabric softeners. Do you know if you break out after you eat food? If so your trigger is related to food, and you then have something to work with in narrowing it down as to what's causing it. When I eat processed doughnuts, or cereal, or even a large Dr. Pepper, like clockwork it flares up within 15-30 minutes. By forgoing all of that while detoxifying your system, it can be controlled quite well, to the point of clearing up, I think.

I don't have eczema, but I do have psoriasis, and as far as I know they are pretty similar in symptoms. Right now I have two knuckles which have opened up a bit because of psoriasis spots on them; it's incredibly annoying to feel a sting every time I bend those fingers. Especially since one of them is my right thumb. :mad:

I don't know if psoriasis treatments work at all for eczema. Have you ever tried a coal tar based cream? Those seem to work best for me. You could also try something like Vaseline on your hand with a rubber-type glove over it for a while.

If those aren't good ideas, maybe get some fingerless gloves or very thin gloves to wear regularly?

For my psoriasis I use TriDerma Psoriasis Control, all natural, no Cortisone or Parabens. Works like a charm for me, a couple of applications and the psoriasis disappears for weeks. And there's no discernible odor associated with the cream.
I know that different "remedies" work for some but not others with varying degrees of effectiveness but if it helps...... :dunno:

Had a customer come in this afternoon very gun shy of salespersons. It is understandable that people are wary of car sales people. It is a big decision that is both expensive and long term.

He had not been to a car lot before Tuesday, when he experienced two bad sales people. Said he always bought from his uncle when the uncle was ready to get a new one. Lots of questions.

It is actually easier when customers ask questions, because you learn more about their needs and concerns. You can better serve them. So lots of more questions and he starts saying so many positive things about his visit with me I could hardly believe it.

He is suppose to return Thursday and I would be very surprised if he doesn't buy. It is a very nice 2012 Malibu I found at the auction with a great carfax and overall condition.

Ringel, have you checked your avie's skin condition recently? Might want that looked at.

Come on out to Colorado. You could try some of our more "scenic" roads.....

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

23l._MG_1795.San_Juan_Mtns_fs.jpg

Just not in your RV........ :eusa_whistle:

My granddaughter has added meow to her vocabulary. Wish I didn't stink at posting videos. Very cute.

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

Reminds me of some of the big rig drivers who head out to places like India to do contract work. Some of the roads there are downright dangerous, they are death traps. Far worse than the pics you posted.

Looking forward to a return visit with Garden of the Gods.

GOG, North and South Cheyenne Canyons, Will Rodgers Shrine of the Sun, NORAD, Cave of the Winds, Palmer Park, Old Colorado City, Pikes Peak, Florrisant Fossil Beds, Woodland Park, etc, etc, etc. :D

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

Reminds me of some of the big rig drivers who head out to places like India to do contract work. Some of the roads there are downright dangerous, they are death traps. Far worse than the pics you posted.

Seen those roads also. These roads specifically state 4wheel drive only, no vehicles over a certain length/height and many are closed during the winter months. So unlike those death roads only vehicular traffic designed to handle those type roads are allowed. Used to not be that way....... I know...... :eek:

What is this thing called "work" everyone is talking about? Is it like watering flowers and stuff? Speaking of flowers, it's that time of year when it's in the upper 90's every day. I have plants that thrive in the heat but my Hydraengea's, Hibiscus and Goober Daisies will wilt if you don't give them a good soaking. It's amazing to water a wilting plant and watch it perk up before your very eyes.

Weird. Hasn't been out of the mid-70s here. I'm kinda waiting on my tomatoes to ripen already. They're still green.

Looking forward to a return visit with Garden of the Gods.

GOG, North and South Cheyenne Canyons, Will Rodgers Shrine of the Sun, NORAD, Cave of the Winds, Palmer Park, Old Colorado City, Pikes Peak, Florrisant Fossil Beds, Woodland Park, etc, etc, etc. :D

There was a very neat little artsy town near there I want spend more time in. I wouldn't be happy at NORAD unless they let me launch something...

Pikes Peak and the Fossil Beds sound like me.

Forum List

Back