USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have had had finger/hand, back of leg and midway on my arm where it folds eczema since I was a kid... Along with severe allergies. It only happens on my fingers/thumbs these days when it does... I made the mistake of doing yard work, pulling weeds, trees etc without gloves more than once and now I am enjoying a chronic case of it on 2 fingers and both thumbs. I am a Designer/Engineer/OM and I use my hands from computer to puck to mouse to paper to boxes all fucking day and I am honestly about to cut my hands off.

The best part about eczema is that they don't know what causes it and they can't cure it.

There are plenty of "remedies' and the best they do is to settle it and keep it from spreading.

Holy fuck I hate this shit.

How is your morning?

:)

peace...

Mal, we should talk. I suffer from eczema, and my trigger is all processed food. Seriously. Try to find out what's triggering your outbreaks. I stay away from all fast food. Most/all of the chemicals used to preserve processed food can trigger an outbreak. It's an allergic/skin hypersensitivity issue, and the thing that's making you itch is histamine. Try to find an anti-histamine that doesn't induce drowsiness. Use a Cortizone 10 Intensive Healing cream. Ever since I stopped eating processed food in favor of bananas, grapefruits, and roasted sweet potatoes and organic carrots et al, I can control it.

Stress can trigger it, as well as chemicals, like those in soaps, laundry detergents, and fabric softeners. Do you know if you break out after you eat food? If so your trigger is related to food, and you then have something to work with in narrowing it down as to what's causing it. When I eat processed doughnuts, or cereal, or even a large Dr. Pepper, like clockwork it flares up within 15-30 minutes. By forgoing all of that while detoxifying your system, it can be controlled quite well, to the point of clearing up, I think.

Last edited:
This show is so cool, Taste of History

[ame=http://youtu.be/Q7HxmwSExSs]A Taste of History: Weekend Warriors - YouTube[/ame]

That's a whole episode. What he does is cook just how they did in he 18th century with history lessons and wonderful tips. I need a walk in fireplace now :lol:

noxzema-cleanser-sensitive-large.jpg

I'm dealing with recurring poison ivy. It wouldn't recur if I stayed out of the jungle but it's gotta be cleared.

At least I don't climb trees and then go "duh, how do I get down". :rolleyes:

That work for you?...

peace...

Supposedly the dry heat (infrared) saunas are supposed to be really good for treating skin conditions like exema.
By curious happenstance I just happen to have a slightly used one for sale....... :eusa_whistle:

Nice... I might have to go over to the Westminster SwimFit... :thup:

neosporin-eczema-essentials-daily-moisturizing-cream-6oz.jpg

^Has stopped the spread and sooths... Is not reversing.

Changing diet and not drinking any booze for the time being to see of that has any affect.

Frustrating Allergies are Frustrating... At least I am not sneezing uncontrollably.

My Sister was covered head to toe in eczema. :(

I shouldn't bitch about 6 finger patches. :thup:

peace...

Yeah, I have hamburger, ground pork and ground veal.... Considering a meatloaf (for tomorrow) myself.
Generally I use Ritz crackers, pureed onions, garlic, finely chopped carrots, shredded cheese, a little Worcestershire and a couple of eggs. :thup
Wow... well... let's see... along with the burger I usually put eggs, store bought bread crumbs, onions, celery, (finely chopped), ketchup, yellow mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and a little dash of powdered garlic in mine, with the traditional ketchup on top. Meatloaf is one of those foods that as far as myself goes, I have to stop myself from eating it, or I'd just keep eating. Gotta have it with mashed taters and corn, or peas...

Meatloaf-121_zpse4489a19.jpg
Looking at that picture brings back memories back when I was just a child and my mom would make meatloaf once a week, just like clockwork. It's somewhat nostalgic when I think about it.

First, dear colleague [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION]:

FOOD!

Second, for all our friends in USMB, the German for meatloaf will make you laugh:

Falscher Hasen
(False Rabbit)

Really, no kidding.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
That work for you?...

peace...

Supposedly the dry heat (infrared) saunas are supposed to be really good for treating skin conditions like exema.
By curious happenstance I just happen to have a slightly used one for sale....... :eusa_whistle:

Nice... I might have to go over to the Westminster SwimFit... :thup:

neosporin-eczema-essentials-daily-moisturizing-cream-6oz.jpg

^Has stopped the spread and sooths... Is not reversing.

Changing diet and not drinking any booze for the time being to see of that has any affect.

Frustrating Allergies are Frustrating... At least I am not sneezing uncontrollably.

My Sister was covered head to toe in eczema. :(

I shouldn't bitch about 6 finger patches. :thup:

peace...

My problem is I developed a mild case of plaque psoriasis a few years back. The all natural creams work great for me. The dry Colorado climate on the other hand....... Plaque psoriasis loves dry climates......

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Wow... well... let's see... along with the burger I usually put eggs, store bought bread crumbs, onions, celery, (finely chopped), ketchup, yellow mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and a little dash of powdered garlic in mine, with the traditional ketchup on top. Meatloaf is one of those foods that as far as myself goes, I have to stop myself from eating it, or I'd just keep eating. Gotta have it with mashed taters and corn, or peas...

Meatloaf-121_zpse4489a19.jpg
Looking at that picture brings back memories back when I was just a child and my mom would make meatloaf once a week, just like clockwork. It's somewhat nostalgic when I think about it.

FOOD!

Second, for all our friends in USMB, the German for meatloaf will make you laugh:

Falscher Hasen
(False Rabbit)

Really, no kidding.

Stat...that actually looks really good. Can you whip some up and overnight it to the States? Much appreciated. :eusa_clap:

That just isn't possible here. It's the forest primeval, and it's thick. He's just gonna have to figure this out on his own. I've had it with this shit. :mad:

I just found him in the dark after calling him for hours, by flashing my flashlight around until I caught his eyes. So I have an idea where he is but it's too dark to get a good look at this point. I'll take a look in the morning, but he's gotta come down on his own. This is absurd.
Before I made my cat an indoor cat, she'd climb trees like a squirrel, and had no problem what so ever coming back down. I can't imagine why that cat of your's climbs a tree and then stays up there. It's almost as though he wants to be up there, because if he wanted to come down bad enough, he would.

I agree. I'm done enabling this shit by always providing him a way down. He's on his own. :eusa_snooty:

Well, we'll see how long it takes before you cave...

FOOD!

Falscher Hasen
(False Rabbit)

Really, no kidding.

Stat...that actually looks really good. Can you whip some up and overnight it to the States? Much appreciated. :eusa_clap:

Well, let me go put on my false rabbit hunting outfit...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all. We delivered our house guest back to return convoy a little while ago arriving back home around 11 a.m. MDT. I have been spending the last hour or so trying to clean out my PM box. If I failed to thank somebody properly please forgive me. It was entirely inadvertent.

So reading back for several pages trying to get the gist of what I have missed the last several days. . . .

Hobbes may or may not come down on his own. He may be one of those rare cats who goes up but is incapable of the return trip.

I fully understand those who are atoning for vacations. I always needed another one after returning to work and doing all the catch up.

Eczema is a sometimes thing for me and a good OTC topical lotion usually clears it right up. I have not been able to identify a trigger. Psoriasis is much bigger problem for me, something I have been fighting for 30 years.

Poison Ivy is no problem for me--don't ever get it. Could probably roll around in the stuff without harm. But for those sensitive to it, I know it can be awful.

Sympathy to Saveliberty and all those bills--we have had some unusual ones lately too and it does rearrange the budget considerably. Good to see Save back in the CS though.

I love Stouffers lasagna. Never tried the meatloaf but might do that as it is one of Hombre's favorite meals.

For e-mail, I have tried them all and keep coming back to AOL. It is about the only thing I use AOL for, but I love their e-mail system--multi screen names and effortless to cycle between them so you can use different ones for different purposes. Excellent address book and ability to systematically organize your e-mail lists. Unlimited mail storage with a good search feature to find old mail. And almost unlimited ways to use different backgrounds, fonts, photos, graphics if you want to fancy things up. Good security if you use common sense for passwords, and it scans incoming mail for viruses. It is pretty idiot proof and it's free.

So now I have other chores to catch up on. I can feel my stress level beginning to drop. And that's a good feeling. :)

This show is so cool, Taste of History

A Taste of History: Weekend Warriors - YouTube

That's a whole episode. What he does is cook just how they did in he 18th century with history lessons and wonderful tips. I need a walk in fireplace now :lol:

Loved it!! I wonder whether they have it on DVD? I am so going to try that mushroom toast, as soon as I make the bread. A friend of mine will be harvesting boletes soon and he always brings me some fresh.

Whelp..... guess who's up a tree again.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Have you considered chopping down all trees in, say, a 20 KM radius of your abode?

:D

Hmmm... I did just get a new chainsaw... :eusa_think:

With the number of trees around here and the way they grow (and the rainfall), IF I could get no new trees to sprout up I can have that done by about ... 2036.

Better get started.

I have had had finger/hand, back of leg and midway on my arm where it folds eczema since I was a kid... Along with severe allergies. It only happens on my fingers/thumbs these days when it does... I made the mistake of doing yard work, pulling weeds, trees etc without gloves more than once and now I am enjoying a chronic case of it on 2 fingers and both thumbs. I am a Designer/Engineer/OM and I use my hands from computer to puck to mouse to paper to boxes all fucking day and I am honestly about to cut my hands off.

The best part about eczema is that they don't know what causes it and they can't cure it.

There are plenty of "remedies' and the best they do is to settle it and keep it from spreading.

How is your morning?

peace...

Mal, we should talk. I suffer from eczema, and my trigger is all processed food. Seriously. Try to find out what's triggering your outbreaks. I stay away from all fast food. Most/all of the chemicals used to preserve processed food can trigger an outbreak. It's an allergic/skin hypersensitivity issue, and the thing that's making you itch is histamine. Try to find an anti-histamine that doesn't induce drowsiness. Use a Cortizone 10 Intensive Healing cream. Ever since I stopped eating processed food in favor of bananas, grapefruits, and roasted sweet potatoes and organic carrots et al, I can control it.

Stress can trigger it, as well as chemicals, like those in soaps, laundry detergents, and fabric softeners. Do you know if you break out after you eat food? If so your trigger is related to food, and you then have something to work with in narrowing it down as to what's causing it. When I eat processed doughnuts, or cereal, or even a large Dr. Pepper, like clockwork it flares up within 15-30 minutes. By forgoing all of that while detoxifying your system, it can be controlled quite well, to the point of clearing up, I think.

That's a worthy thought.

I don't know much about eczema but I have friends whose dogs have suffered from skin rashes, horrible itching, scratching to the point of sore pelts and hair loss. Upon further research we seem to have found the (GMO) corn and other cheap grains that make up so much commercial dog food may have been the culprit. Once my friend switched to Blue Buffalo brand that avoids all that crap, the skin problems ceased.

That may be your answer Mal --- quit eating all that cheap dog food and move up the chain. :thup:

Knowing about that, I've carefully screened Hobbes' kibble (and even the canned stuff) for inordinate amounts of corn and grains, especially since cats are carnivores, not vegetarians.

How is your morning?

peace...

I don't have eczema, but I do have psoriasis, and as far as I know they are pretty similar in symptoms. Right now I have two knuckles which have opened up a bit because of psoriasis spots on them; it's incredibly annoying to feel a sting every time I bend those fingers. Especially since one of them is my right thumb. :mad:

I don't know if psoriasis treatments work at all for eczema. Have you ever tried a coal tar based cream? Those seem to work best for me. You could also try something like Vaseline on your hand with a rubber-type glove over it for a while.

If those aren't good ideas, maybe get some fingerless gloves or very thin gloves to wear regularly?

Forum List

Back