USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ummm yummmm, I love Meatloaf. You gotta put some Heinz57 sauce in it too.....you can use the leftovers as sandwich meat, too.

Now you made me want to make one tomorrow.....with mashed potatoes and salad...:)

Well there's at least three households that will be having meatloaf tomorrow... :lol:

Mine will be by Stouffers. :D Meatloaf ( good ) mashed potatoes, controlled but sizable portions and no dishes. :D Just one of the joys of living without another. :thup:

OOOOH yeah... Stouffers IS good stuff. The little individual servings of meatloaf and mashed taters is GOOD.

Thanks a lot for that info, I am slightly less confused.

I use Gmail. Huge application. Much more than I need. I miss the IncrediMail I had for 12 years, but the geeks there now, will mess with your site unless you pay them money for various features that used to be free. Gmail IS free and has everything I need and want, except they have discontinued the most important feature I loved with IncrediMail and that is a sound notifier, when email comes in. :( Gmail.com

Far as I've seen all online e-mail systems take a lot of resources, so I got into a habit of closing them up once I've caught up so the computer is less loaded down.

One other thing Gmail gives you is free phone calls. I've made extensive use of that. :thup:
They DO? ...
surprised-022.gif

I have a gmail account and never noticed that... now I'll have to investigate... but later, got lots of more pressing things to do right now.

I have had had finger/hand, back of leg and midway on my arm where it folds eczema since I was a kid... Along with severe allergies. It only happens on my fingers/thumbs these days when it does... I made the mistake of doing yard work, pulling weeds, trees etc without gloves more than once and now I am enjoying a chronic case of it on 2 fingers and both thumbs. I am a Designer/Engineer/OM and I use my hands from computer to puck to mouse to paper to boxes all fucking day and I am honestly about to cut my hands off.

The best part about eczema is that they don't know what causes it and they can't cure it.

There are plenty of "remedies' and the best they do is to settle it and keep it from spreading.

Holy fuck I hate this shit.

How is your morning?

:)

peace...

I also have it. :)
The Bleach bath works for me when it gets really bad. I have used it for years and it works.
Plus the Aloe Vera. I grow it and just cut off the leaves and rub it on. Stops the itching and heals it right up when I catch it early.
How to Get Rid of Eczema - How to remove that

•When dealing with chronic eczema worsened with Staph infection, you can take a dilute bleach bath. For this, you need to add a quarter to half a cup of bleach in a tub filled with lukewarm water.You can use regular chlorine bleach for this purpose. Just soak in the solution for about 10 minutes, at most twice a week.

Soak your fingers and thumbs in the sink with the bleach bath solution only just use 1/8 th of cup of bleach.

Last edited:
Whelp..... guess who's up a tree again.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You have to provide a safe outdoor enclosure for Hobbes. Seriously, he's going to cause harm to himself.

That just isn't possible here. It's the forest primeval, and it's thick. He's just gonna have to figure this out on his own. I've had it with this shit. :mad:

I just found him in the dark after calling him for hours, by flashing my flashlight around until I caught his eyes. So I have an idea where he is but it's too dark to get a good look at this point. I'll take a look in the morning, but he's gotta come down on his own. This is absurd.

I have a chain link kennel fence I use to enclose the front of my "house". I have an escape artist, too, though. First, I had to skirt the trailer so he couldn't slip under the pallet deck. Then he learned to climb the chain link, so I put up some bird netting. He's found just about every weak link there was. Now, he tries rushing the gate whenever I open it. Sherman is a true PITA but I'm afraid that if he gets out and wanders too far, he will encounter the barn ferals and that will end up ugly. While the feral cats are very tolerant of others in their "clan", they are very territorial when it comes to strangers.
I wonder why Hobbes keeps climbing trees when he's obviously so frightened of coming back down? Good luck with him, I hope he returns safely.

Morning Coffee Mates. Absolutely nothing on my schedule today...except to keep one of my kittens out of the fireplace. She's fascinated by it. WTF?

When Hobbes and I went visiting a friend with a working chimney, he was up fascinated with it too. Even found a way to go up. Pretty soon we found a starling in the house hiding -- there's a nest up the chimney. We got the starling outside and set it free, and Hobbes went up there again for more.

Make sure your flue is closed. Hobbes I think went up there because he could hear them twittering and rustling from below.

I don't know about that. I had a cat manage to bump the flue open and dump a ton of oily soot on himself (place was a rental). Three baths later he was almost clean. They can be pretty determined when they want to be.

While y'all are celebrating hump day, I'm getting ready for my "Monday". Of course, working 4/10 shifts means I don't get a hump day. I'm not going to complain. I like my shift and don't care that I get Sun-Mon-Tue for a weekend...notice the third day in that weekend?

While y'all are celebrating hump day, I'm getting ready for my "Monday". Of course, working 4/10 shifts means I don't get a hump day. I'm not going to complain. I like my shift and don't care that I get Sun-Mon-Tue for a weekend...notice the third day in that weekend?
Shift work doesn't bother me. I did lots of shift work while I was in college, and worked 6 days per week during my summers in college. My only restriction is that I will not work on Sundays. :)

Good morning everyone! It's been awhile.

So I discovered the sheer awesomeness of grilling. I was told that at the tender age of 26, a young man like me should know how to grill his own food. Grill them. Grill them well.

Bought some ribeye steaks, slathered them with A1 sauce, and grilled them on both sides until seared and delicious, with just a tad of pink on the inside. Have also been experimenting with sliced eggplant with olive oil, and am going to try grilling some sliced young zucchini today. I love that char-like taste on my food, too. Next I want to try some ribs slathered with sweet BBQ sauce with honey and brown sugar.

Outlook Express is gone. What they have now is Windows Live Essentials, mail is inside ot this. Don't ask me how it works as I don't use it.
I use Google, AOL and Yahoo.
Here's a video setting up a mail account:

Here's where Outlook email has gone... Outlook.com Microsoft free personal email

I use it. It's one of three email accounts I have, and it's the quirkiest of them all.

In my opinion, yahoo email is the best email there is.

The problem I am having is I already have two email addresses that I make extensive use of, and I don't know how to configure my windows 7 system to use them. Oh well, I can always call in a computer man from the shop I purchased it from. I doubt it would cost much to have them do it for me.

Here's where Outlook email has gone... Outlook.com Microsoft free personal email

I use it. It's one of three email accounts I have, and it's the quirkiest of them all.

The problem I am having is I already have two email addresses that I make extensive use of, and I don't know how to configure my windows 7 system to use them. Oh well, I can always call in a computer man from the shop I purchased it from. I doubt it would cost much to have them do it for me.

There is no "configuration" needed. Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail etc are simply websites, like this one is. You just load the page and do it.

Shift work doesn't bother me. I did lots of shift work while I was in college, and worked 6 days per week during my summers in college. My only restriction is that I will not work on Sundays. :)

Well, I get off work Sunday morning and go back Wed night. I work a flex-shift, depending on when my first flight is assigned. I can be in as early as 8 pm (almost never happens) or as late as midnight. So I keep tabs on the flight schedules starting late Wed afternoon. I actually like working graves better than any other shift. Hated mids when I was assigned to that shift. And my days off correspond with the class schedule I teach at the Uni. I pretty much have things set up the way I like, so I have few complaints about work.

I use Gmail. Huge application. Much more than I need. I miss the IncrediMail I had for 12 years, but the geeks there now, will mess with your site unless you pay them money for various features that used to be free. Gmail IS free and has everything I need and want, except they have discontinued the most important feature I loved with IncrediMail and that is a sound notifier, when email comes in. :( Gmail.com

Far as I've seen all online e-mail systems take a lot of resources, so I got into a habit of closing them up once I've caught up so the computer is less loaded down.

One other thing Gmail gives you is free phone calls. I've made extensive use of that. :thup:
They DO? ...
surprised-022.gif

I have a gmail account and never noticed that... now I'll have to investigate... but later, got lots of more pressing things to do right now.

Oh yes, been doing it for I'd say a couple of years now.

I noticed one day when I put a phone number in an email and it went blue, and I thought, "why is that a link?" -- when I clicked on the number it opened up a box on the voice plug-in, you download that and then you have a phone icon on the left. Plug in a headset, click on that phone icon that and it pops up a keypad. Type or paste your number in and you hear "ringy ringy" in your ear. Good quality, unlimited time to anywhere in North America, absolutely free. Outgoing only, but saves LD tolls.

Your other party sees a number in Escondido, California as the calling number so you may have to tell them what your number is if you want a call back. But other than that, very stable. I have a bluetooth headset so I can walk around with it.

FREE I tell you.

I have had had finger/hand, back of leg and midway on my arm where it folds eczema since I was a kid... Along with severe allergies. It only happens on my fingers/thumbs these days when it does... I made the mistake of doing yard work, pulling weeds, trees etc without gloves more than once and now I am enjoying a chronic case of it on 2 fingers and both thumbs. I am a Designer/Engineer/OM and I use my hands from computer to puck to mouse to paper to boxes all fucking day and I am honestly about to cut my hands off.

The best part about eczema is that they don't know what causes it and they can't cure it.

There are plenty of "remedies' and the best they do is to settle it and keep it from spreading.

How is your morning?

peace...

noxzema-cleanser-sensitive-large.jpg

I'm dealing with recurring poison ivy. It wouldn't recur if I stayed out of the jungle but it's gotta be cleared.

At least I don't climb trees and then go "duh, how do I get down". :rolleyes:

That work for you?...

peace...

No, I just put that up because the name "Noxzema" comes from "no eczema", which was its original purpose. :eusa_angel:

Me, I'm just pouring on the calamine.

One of my favorite Lieber-Stoller lines:

"You're gonna need an ocean... (dum-dadum dum dum)
Of calamine lotion..."

When you set up your Hotmail, Gmail, AOL or Yahoo account(s) they give you the option of transferring mail from other existing accounts for up to 30 days. This gives you time to notify everyone of your new email address(s).

How is your morning?

peace...

noxzema-cleanser-sensitive-large.jpg

I'm dealing with recurring poison ivy. It wouldn't recur if I stayed out of the jungle but it's gotta be cleared.

At least I don't climb trees and then go "duh, how do I get down". :rolleyes:

That work for you?...

peace...

Supposedly the dry heat (infrared) saunas are supposed to be really good for treating skin conditions like eczema.
By curious happenstance I just happen to have a slightly used one for sale....... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
What is this thing called "work" everyone is talking about? Is it like watering flowers and stuff? Speaking of flowers, it's that time of year when it's in the upper 90's every day. I have plants that thrive in the heat but my Hydraengea's, Hibiscus and Goober Daisies will wilt if you don't give them a good soaking. It's amazing to water a wilting plant and watch it perk up before your very eyes.

Forum List

Back