USMB Coffee Shop IV

What is this thing called "work" everyone is talking about? Is it like watering flowers and stuff? Speaking of flowers, it's that time of year when it's in the upper 90's every day. I have plants that thrive in the heat but my Hydraengea's, Hibiscus and Goober Daisies will wilt if you don't give them a good soaking. It's amazing to water a wilting plant and watch it perk up before your very eyes.

Hydrangea really are amazing going from wilt to recovery.

Looking forward to a return visit with Garden of the Gods.

GOG, North and South Cheyenne Canyons, Will Rodgers Shrine of the Sun, NORAD, Cave of the Winds, Palmer Park, Old Colorado City, Pikes Peak, Florrisant Fossil Beds, Woodland Park, etc, etc, etc. :D

There was a very neat little artsy town near there I want spend more time in. I wouldn't be happy at NORAD unless they let me launch something...

Pikes Peak and the Fossil Beds sound like me.

You were most likely up in Manitou Springs, both that and Old Colorado City border GOG (Garden of the Gods). There's also the Cog Railway and Barr Trail that originate in Manitou and go up to the top of Pikes Peak.
South Cheyenne Canyon has Seven Falls, a real tourist trap but North Cheyenne Canyon is awesome with loads of climbing and trails. It's paved up to Lower Gold Camp road which eventually comes out at old Colorado City.
It was the primary route up to Cripple Creek during the gold rush period. Upper Gold Camp is closed except for hiking, tunnel #3 caved in decades ago and they never reopened the tunnel.

Morning Coffee Mates. Absolutely nothing on my schedule today...except to keep one of my kittens out of the fireplace. She's fascinated by it. WTF?

She must've heard this song...

[ame=http://youtu.be/k_mpaF5-SlU]Chim Chim Cher-ee (from "Mary Poppins") - YouTube[/ame]

I have had had finger/hand, back of leg and midway on my arm where it folds eczema since I was a kid... Along with severe allergies. It only happens on my fingers/thumbs these days when it does... I made the mistake of doing yard work, pulling weeds, trees etc without gloves more than once and now I am enjoying a chronic case of it on 2 fingers and both thumbs. I am a Designer/Engineer/OM and I use my hands from computer to puck to mouse to paper to boxes all fucking day and I am honestly about to cut my hands off.

The best part about eczema is that they don't know what causes it and they can't cure it.

There are plenty of "remedies' and the best they do is to settle it and keep it from spreading.

Holy fuck I hate this shit.

How is your morning?

:)

peace...

noxzema-cleanser-sensitive-large.jpg

I'm dealing with recurring poison ivy. It wouldn't recur if I stayed out of the jungle but it's gotta be cleared.

At least I don't climb trees and then go "duh, how do I get down". :rolleyes:
I have a large patch on my arm this week. :( Hope yours heals faster than mine!

[ame=http://youtu.be/ZRfRITVdz4k]The Coasters - Poison Ivy (Original) - YouTube[/ame]

Hey it's good to be back home again,
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long-lost friend,
and hey it's good to be back home again!

Heard John Denver sing that once at a concert. We made it back home with no problems and arrived at about 1430. Traffic and the roads around Chicago were terrible just like they always are but we sailed through and made good time getting home. I wasn't going to pick up the hound dogs from the kennel until tomorrow but I couldn't stand it any longer and went and sprang them from their compound. You would think they would have been thrilled to see me but it was Mrs. BBD that got all the doggie licks and tail wags. I'll have to remember that when they look to me for a treat. The trip was very nice, the RV seems to be perfectly fine and except for a couple of skeeter bites and being tired life is very good. I should have used bug spray but didn't think of it. I have to say it again, if you ever get the notion to roam a bit, by all means take a trip to Shipshewana, IN. Very nice place and not your typical tourist trap. If quilting is your thing, then by all means you have to go there. It's like the "Motherland" for quilters. Mrs. BBD found all sorts of neat stuff not available to her in this area. My intention was to read a couple of books on this trip. Hate to mention it but I didn't even crack the cover of them. Oh well, time for a long hot shower and maybe a little early bed time tonight. I've got a few things to do tomorrow but I will try to post a couple of interesting photos if I have time.

Come on out to Colorado. You could try some of our more "scenic" roads.....

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

23l._MG_1795.San_Juan_Mtns_fs.jpg

Just not in your RV........ :eusa_whistle:

There is a road that leads out of a small town called "Ouray", and that road winds around a steep mountain pass for about 10 miles until you hit the Million Dollar Highway (well, actually, that deadly road is part of the Million Dollar Highway) - the scariest moment of my life driving that stretch of road.

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, Sunshine, Jake and Hobbes.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Song for Thursday!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97jIQGbGql0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97jIQGbGql0[/ame]

And a bonus song! :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YxczPEPrs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YxczPEPrs[/ame]

Last edited:
Hey it's good to be back home again,
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long-lost friend,
and hey it's good to be back home again!

Heard John Denver sing that once at a concert. We made it back home with no problems and arrived at about 1430. Traffic and the roads around Chicago were terrible just like they always are but we sailed through and made good time getting home. I wasn't going to pick up the hound dogs from the kennel until tomorrow but I couldn't stand it any longer and went and sprang them from their compound. You would think they would have been thrilled to see me but it was Mrs. BBD that got all the doggie licks and tail wags. I'll have to remember that when they look to me for a treat. The trip was very nice, the RV seems to be perfectly fine and except for a couple of skeeter bites and being tired life is very good. I should have used bug spray but didn't think of it. I have to say it again, if you ever get the notion to roam a bit, by all means take a trip to Shipshewana, IN. Very nice place and not your typical tourist trap. If quilting is your thing, then by all means you have to go there. It's like the "Motherland" for quilters. Mrs. BBD found all sorts of neat stuff not available to her in this area. My intention was to read a couple of books on this trip. Hate to mention it but I didn't even crack the cover of them. Oh well, time for a long hot shower and maybe a little early bed time tonight. I've got a few things to do tomorrow but I will try to post a couple of interesting photos if I have time.

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

There is a road that leads out of a small town called "Ouray", and that road winds around a steep mountain pass for about 10 miles until you hit the Million Dollar Highway (well, actually, that deadly road is part of the Million Dollar Highway) - the scariest moment of my life driving that stretch of road.
I've been on some mountain side roads in a foreign country where there is no railing, and the road has two way traffic. The problem occurs when you hit a blind curve, where at times the road is reduced to only one lane, even with the two way traffic. I was unable to see oncoming traffic, but was told to honk before I hit the curve, and was told that all would be ok. That is not too reassuring if the other driver coming around the turn forgets to honk. Apparently there are fatalities there every year.

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

I've been on some mountain side roads in a foreign country where there is no railing, and the road has two way traffic. The problem occurs when you hit a blind curve, where at times the road is reduced to only one lane, even with the two way traffic. I was unable to see oncoming traffic, but was told to honk before I hit the curve, and was told that all would be ok. That is not too reassuring if the other driver coming around the turn forgets to honk. Apparently there are fatalities there every year.

For me, it was hell on wheels, cuz we had just finished 4th of July festivities in Ouray, went around a bend around midnight, a big 18-wheeler who knew the terrain was honking behind, and I almost drove the truck off the cliff. It was horrifying. NO signs before warning of dangerous curves, nothing. It was, I think, the scariest moment of my life.

I have had had finger/hand, back of leg and midway on my arm where it folds eczema since I was a kid... Along with severe allergies. It only happens on my fingers/thumbs these days when it does... I made the mistake of doing yard work, pulling weeds, trees etc without gloves more than once and now I am enjoying a chronic case of it on 2 fingers and both thumbs. I am a Designer/Engineer/OM and I use my hands from computer to puck to mouse to paper to boxes all fucking day and I am honestly about to cut my hands off.

The best part about eczema is that they don't know what causes it and they can't cure it.

There are plenty of "remedies' and the best they do is to settle it and keep it from spreading.

Holy fuck I hate this shit.

How is your morning?

:)

peace...

Somewhere the other day, I read that hydrogen peroxide was good for allergic skin reactions. I've never tried it, but you never know. I've always used it to kill bacteria on wounds, and it works. Maybe I should try it on my arm that looks like a bumpy beet from poison ivy or something. :dunno:

Anyway, best wishes and hope it gets better. :smiliehug:

And today's coffee funnies:

Thirsty-Thursday-and-coffee-TLH-pic.jpg

From the past:

ed1b6675df8381a3657f33ebb65cf97b.jpg

Lol:

woodcut_coffee.jpg

And, learning some manners in France (lol):

french-rude-cafe.jpg

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

giggle.gif

They left out the outer ranges:

"Salut chère, tu es ravissante aujourd'hui" ..... Gratuit

"Mmmfff" ........ 15 €

french.gif

Last edited:

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

Went on a road like that last pic in Ireland -- not with that kind of mountain range but a cliff with a steeper drop, steep enough we could see the last car way down there that didn't quite stay on the road. We saw that and both took our seatbelts off. What a great drive. One-lane dirt roads were pretty common; you didn't build up a lot of speed but when something came the other way it was time to get creative. Love those roads.

976862456_iJH92-O.jpg

Been there, done that, too. ONE LANE dirt road for 12 miles in mountainous terrain and in a Corvette, with huge trucks on the road coming our way. Yes, honking before curves is mandatory, if you want to survive the thrill of it all, which it was. :D

Wow, windows 7 at high definition has certainly improved my viewing.

And your PC probably seems much faster?? My new W-7 PC is. Of course it hasn't had 6 years to accumulate garbage from Internet browsing, that is planted into our systems..:lol:

Forum List

Back