USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Friday!! I hope everyone has a great weekend.:) Tomorrow we'll be driving out to visit with WQ's family, and then out for some yummy seafood on the waterfront.:thup:

patio-at-harborside-restaurant.jpg

m0165.gif
hungry.gif
Have you arrived safely in North Carolina Hossfly?

Last edited:
Happy Friday!! I hope everyone has a great weekend.:) Tomorrow we'll be driving out to visit with WQ's family, and then out for some yummy seafood on the waterfront.:thup:

Hope Nate doesn't veer too far east and ruin your weekend. However it looks more like Kat and Ernie S. could be in the bullseye of this one.

This is annoying. I use an old laptop to play videos on my TV. It's running Linux Mint 17. I sometimes find that the VLC player on the laptop won't play files that the VLC player on my Windows machines will play. Well, I put Linux Mint 18 on this PC, and the VLC in this version seems to play the videos without trouble. Unfortunately, I can't load Mint 18 on the laptop. I've tried, but it just freezes up when I try to boot 18 from a USB. I don't know what it is in 18 that is different, if there's some codec or what.

I can convert the files and get them to play on the laptop, but it's annoying. :p

Not feeling any worse. Time pretty well tied up with our house guests this weekend but will check in when I can.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Comfort to Mrs. Saveliberty & family in the loss of her brother,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Beautiful late harvest moon tonight
corn-moon1a.jpg
Yes, it was so bright that when I looked out toward the garage, I wondered where the lights were coming from. Cast a shadow, I'm sure.
Also made folks generally more cranky and nutty than usual.

This is annoying. I use an old laptop to play videos on my TV. It's running Linux Mint 17. I sometimes find that the VLC player on the laptop won't play files that the VLC player on my Windows machines will play. Well, I put Linux Mint 18 on this PC, and the VLC in this version seems to play the videos without trouble. Unfortunately, I can't load Mint 18 on the laptop. I've tried, but it just freezes up when I try to boot 18 from a USB. I don't know what it is in 18 that is different, if there's some codec or what.

I can convert the files and get them to play on the laptop, but it's annoying. :p
Try it via Terminal.

How to upgrade to Linux Mint 18 from Linux Mint 17

Try it via Terminal.

How to upgrade to Linux Mint 18 from Linux Mint 17

I'll give that a try. However, since I have a ton of stuff on the laptop I'd want to save, and I don't want to go through the process of moving it onto the external HD yet again, I'll probably wait until Monday or Tuesday when no one is home. :lol:

Hope Nate doesn't veer too far east and ruin your weekend. However it looks more like Kat and Ernie S. could be in the bullseye of this one.
It's raining pretty heavily here and winds are on and off to maybe 35 MPH. From NOAA's last advisory, landfall should be about midnight at the Mississippi/Lousiana border. We can expect winds about 60 MPH here in Foley. Really no big deal for an area that has survived 140 MPH winds.

Special vibes for wisdom and safety for those in the path of Hurricane Nate.

Not feeling any worse. Time pretty well tied up with our house guests this weekend but will check in when I can.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Comfort to Mrs. Saveliberty & family in the loss of her brother,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Beauty in the storm
beautiful-lightning-storms-wallpaper-3.jpg

We've been tied up with houseguests for the last three days and I just realized I am a terrible birthday host for the Coffee Shop as I missed Montro's birthday two days ago on October 5.

So a belated but heartfelt. . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTROVANT!!!!!!

and blessings for many more to come!!!

coop_computer-cake-1.jpg

It's raining pretty heavily here and winds are on and off to maybe 35 MPH. From NOAA's last advisory, landfall should be about midnight at the Mississippi/Lousiana border. We can expect winds about 60 MPH here in Foley. Really no big deal for an area that has survived 140 MPH winds.
Strap 'me on tight, Ernie! Godspeed!

We've been tied up with houseguests for the last three days and I just realized I am a terrible birthday host for the Coffee Shop as I missed Montro's birthday two days ago on October 5.

coop_computer-cake-1.jpg
What she said! Happy birthday, montrovant! Many happy returns of the day!

coop_computer-cake-1.jpg

The little one made me this for my birthday:
Edited Bday Card.jpg

My employer took me for an eye exam (which I asked for). I hadn't had one in 6 1/2 years. I had planned to go with a deal the place offered, where you get 2 pairs of glasses with cheaper frames for $70 and a free eye exam. Unfortunately, after the exam, I was told they needed to do high index lenses because my eyesight is so crappy, and it would instead cost $200 for 2 pairs of cheaper framed glasses. I just got the prescription, then came home and ordered a pair of glasses online for $26. :p Hopefully they aren't horrible quality!

coop_computer-cake-1.jpg

The little one made me this for my birthday:
View attachment 153211

My employer took me for an eye exam (which I asked for). I hadn't had one in 6 1/2 years. I had planned to go with a deal the place offered, where you get 2 pairs of glasses with cheaper frames for $70 and a free eye exam. Unfortunately, after the exam, I was told they needed to do high index lenses because my eyesight is so crappy, and it would instead cost $200 for 2 pairs of cheaper framed glasses. I just got the prescription, then came home and ordered a pair of glasses online for $26. :p Hopefully they aren't horrible quality!

Odd fact about my prescription: My left eye got a bit worse, going from -8.00 to -8.50, but my right eye actually got better as far as the spherical number, going from -5.50 to -5.00. With this prescription, though, I got a cylinder number, which I hadn't had before, and I guess means I have astigmatism? I'm actually a bit surprised that my prescription didn't change more, but now I wonder if my last exam missed the astigmatism and that's why the regular number was worse before, or if this exam mistakenly picked up astigmatism. Not that it matters much, I just need to see clearly. :lol:

Forum List

Back