USMB Coffee Shop IV

LOL. Continuing yesterday's discussion, a member started a thread asking for honest opinions of his first attempt at painted art. I responded with what was intended as an encouraging post. I swear it was in general discussion but somehow or other it got bumped into the FZ and I got my first ever STFU. :) Oh well. I guess it had to happen sooner or later. But that's just one of many reasons I say out of there.
STFU is a badge of honor - and admission of loss. It only happens when they have nothing else to say, but have a perverse need to hear their own voice echoing in the empty chambers of their mind.

Wear it with pride ---

LOL. Continuing yesterday's discussion, a member started a thread asking for honest opinions of his first attempt at painted art. I responded with what was intended as an encouraging post. I swear it was in general discussion but somehow or other it got bumped into the FZ and I got my first ever STFU. :) Oh well. I guess it had to happen sooner or later. But that's just one of many reasons I say out of there.
I pmd him cuz I saw it was in the FZ. I refuse to post down there.
He does well in painting and I told him to keep it up and go to youtube where many self taught artists learned. I am a self taught myself..but that was before the internet. I used the library for books on How To. ;)

Believe me, if I had thought the thread was in the FZ I wouldn't have been posting there. :)

And you can learn a lot from the 'how to' instructions

He does well in painting and I told him to keep it up and go to youtube where many self taught artists learned. I am a self taught myself..but that was before the internet. I used the library for books on How To. ;)

Believe me, if I had thought the thread was in the FZ I wouldn't have been posting there. :)

I was going to reply in one of the two Charlie Sheen threads but just before I did..I realized where it was so I left with no comment. I can't find the other one.

I sure hope USMB doesn't wind up with ALL threads winding up in the cess pit.

Wow. New Mexico is beautiful! Alas, probably above our means in renting. And not being familiar with the state would be a bummer since we need government help. We are set where we are until the beach calls us back home sometime next year..IF it happens at all. We are just going with day by day. Thats all we can do. But those sure are pretty pics!!!
New Mexico is a mix of deserts, mountain ranges and high plains and there are relatively cheap areas for housing either in the southern deserts or the northwest and eastern parts of the state, just depends on where you want to be. It's a great alternative retirement state to say places like Arizona.
I might wander around rentals there later tonight when I am on walkabout. That is when I am most active..in the wee hours. :)

What town do you reside in where you took those quaint pics? I'd like to live somewhere such as that. :)

I was going to reply in one of the two Charlie Sheen threads but just before I did..I realized where it was so I left with no comment. I can't find the other one.

I sure hope USMB doesn't wind up with ALL threads winding up in the cess pit.

It is difficult for me to say what the mods go through here as I read in and/or post in so few threads. Where I mod is so easy and trouble free I feel guilty taking the zero salary I get. :) But given the rather loose moderation and generous rules of permission here, they still probably get a lot of crap threads that are beyond redemption. Otherwise I would hope the trolls and trouble makers are bumped out and allow those who actually want to discuss a topic do so. Otherwise the trouble makers win.

There is plenty of room for just about everybody's cup of tea here at USMB. I'm just so glad to know those of you who enjoy the Coffee Shop as their cup of tea every now and then keep this place going. :)

Wow. New Mexico is beautiful! Alas, probably above our means in renting. And not being familiar with the state would be a bummer since we need government help. We are set where we are until the beach calls us back home sometime next year..IF it happens at all. We are just going with day by day. Thats all we can do. But those sure are pretty pics!!!
New Mexico is a mix of deserts, mountain ranges and high plains and there are relatively cheap areas for housing either in the southern deserts or the northwest and eastern parts of the state, just depends on where you want to be. It's a great alternative retirement state to say places like Arizona.

How cheap is it if you prefer the temperature in your home in the low 70s? I imagine that could be a huge A/C bill! The house is cheap, the expenses not so much? :lol:

I might wander around rentals there later tonight when I am on walkabout. That is when I am most active..in the wee hours. :)

What town do you reside in where you took those quaint pics? I'd like to live somewhere such as that. :)
I live in Albuquerque but there are lots of cute little towns all over the state.
Here's one up near Ruidoso in the Sacramento Mountains.

933 Gavilan Canyon Rd, Ruidoso, NM 88316

I wish we could put forums on ignore. All of downstairs would be immediatly added to mine. Badlands, fz and rubber room. The whole basement. Only ones that hang out down there are the ones I want nothing to do with. SOME are ok, though. Problem is..SOME of them never come out of the shithole and stay down there only. Such a shame too because if you stay down there long enough..ya get poisoned.

I live in Albuquerque but there are lots of cute little towns all over the state.

One (out of many) down in Alamogordo, high desert at the foot of the Sacramento Mountains. Ten minutes and you're up in the mountains.

1413 Mountain View Ave, Alamogordo, NM 88310 | MLS #157564 | Zillow

I lived in Sandia Heights as a kid.

How cheap is it if you prefer the temperature in your home in the low 70s? I imagine that could be a huge A/C bill! The house is cheap, the expenses not so much? :lol:

Here in Albuquerque i think low 70's is not that expensive to achieve in the winter. We have all four seasons so homes are generally reasonably well insulated, and because we get sun almost every single day, it helps with heating. And since probably most Albuquerqueans shoot for mid 70's as a comfortable temperature in the summer and swamp coolers work really well here and are economical to run.

Luminaries-ruins-church-Jemez-4135-Edit.jpg

Here's one of my favorite vistas, the Sacramento Mountains in winter.

Sac_MT_at_sunset.jpg

One view looking west, the white patch off to the left is White Sands.

stelprdb5194989.jpg

Some pictures of Ruidoso.

midtown.jpg

1200px-DowntownRuidosoNM.jpg

Inn of the Mountain Gods between Alamogordo and Ruidoso.

lodging.jpg

Looks like my foot is in the door at UPS as a Driver Helper. I call it a UPS elf. We run the packages to the door. Five or six weeks of part time work.

Forum List

Back