USMB Coffee Shop IV

Got a nice surprise when Mrs. Liberty came back from seeing her mom. Apparently she does want to get better and a nursing home placement has begun. Between the interview call and that our day took a very nice 180.
That is wonderful, saveliberty. I, too, had wonderful news today. I feel reborn. :)

But you are going to keep us guessing, yes? :) Just teasing. Wonderful news is wonderful news no matter what it is.

By the way, we are similar temperament types.

I am 1/2 ENTJ and 1/2 ENFJ :)
Good morning FF. Interestingly, I have infrequently received the ENFJ along with INTJ results but just barely as the F and the T were about 1% apart. Over the years I consistently receive the INTJ results with an occasional ENTJ. This personality type scoring is still considered with many corporations along with other tests for determining placement best suitable for an applicant responding to a job opportunity. I find it quite accurate, myself, Fun, at the very least. ;)

Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

Also, the good news I received yesterday was of a close relative coming out of ICU after eleven long days. :eusa_pray:

Took the test in your link and came out ENTP. A P I am absolutely not--I am a strong J--but will take it again in a week or two when today's events that are a bit strange and uncertain aren't affecting me.

My only problem with the test at your link is it encourages too much soul searching for each question giving too many options for too many factors. The Kiersey Bates test for instance calls for your most immediate response to the options apart from anything specific and I think might produce a more accurate result. I tell people not to think about it. Just check the response they think really is more them and if they don't know, pick the WORD they like the best.

Last edited:
Got a nice surprise when Mrs. Liberty came back from seeing her mom. Apparently she does want to get better and a nursing home placement has begun. Between the interview call and that our day took a very nice 180.
That is wonderful, saveliberty. I, too, had wonderful news today. I feel reborn. :)

But you are going to keep us guessing, yes? :) Just teasing. Wonderful news is wonderful news no matter what it is.

Good morning FF. Interestingly, I have infrequently received the ENFJ along with INTJ results but just barely as the F and the T were about 1% apart. Over the years I consistently receive the INTJ results with an occasional ENTJ. This personality type scoring is still considered with many corporations along with other tests for determining placement best suitable for an applicant responding to a job opportunity. I find it quite accurate, myself, Fun, at the very least. ;)

Also, the good news I received yesterday was of a close relative coming out of ICU after eleven long days. :eusa_pray:

I usually pretty consistently test as ENT/FJ and that has served me well as both a manager and as a facilitator/teacher. I took a pretty intensive training of the Kiersey Bates concept of temperament typing along with some Myers Briggs. Having applied both--and they share a lot in common of course both based on Jungian philosophy--I have come to appreciate and prefer the Kiersey Bates approach. I have been paid to teach the core concepts from time to time and of course have volunteered to do that at church or other organizations I belonged to.

If you aren't familiar with the Kiersey Bates concept I recommend their little book Please Understand Me. ($12.99 at Amazon I think). An easy read and really explains it without a lot of psychobabble.

The hardest part about testing people is to convince them there are no right or wrong answers on the quick temperament test at the front of the book and to check the answer they know themselves to be rather than the one they think they should be.

For the uninitiated there are eight components to temperament typing that makes up a great deal of our decision making, response to things, and process of organizing and approaching tasks and problems.

E - Extravert
I - Introvert
N - Intuitive
S - Sensing
T - Thinking
F - Feeling
J - Judging
P - Perceiving

I used AquaAthena's link and got ISTJ, with percentages of 48%, 6%, 47%, and.....I forgot the last one, maybe 15%?

Based on the limited amount I can say I really know you through this weird medium we communicate through, I could believe that is a pretty accurate ranking.

From the book:

ISTJs are characterized by decisiveness in practical affairs, are the guardians of time honored institutions, and, if only one adjective could be selected, dependable would best describe this type which represents about 6 percent of the general population. The word of the ISTJ is their bond.

(Paraphrased)Thorough and detail oriented - can handle difficult detailed figures and make sense of them - patient with their work and procedures - practical - sensible - distaste for fanciness in speech, dress, environment - enjoys traditional rituals/occasions.​

So what do you think? Is that you?

Took the test in your link and came out ENTP. A P I am absolutely not--I am a strong J--but will take it again in a week or two when today's events that are a big strange and uncertain aren't affecting me.

My only problem with the test at your link is it encourages too much soul searching for each question giving too many options for too many factors. The Kiersey Bates test for instance calls for your most immediate response to the options apart from anything specific and I think might produce a more accurate result. I tell people not to think about it. Just check the response they think really is more them and if they don't know, pick the WORD they like the best.

I took it also. Answered the questions with rapid-fire responses...going pretty much with initial reactions. Came out ENFJ - with the E not far removed from an I. The descriptions were not dead on in all ways, by my perception anyway, but the career options were.

Took the test in your link and came out ENTP. A P I am absolutely not--I am a strong J--but will take it again in a week or two when today's events that are a big strange and uncertain aren't affecting me.

I took it also. Answered the questions with rapid-fire responses...going pretty much with initial reactions. Came out ENFJ - with the E not far removed from an I. The descriptions were not dead on in all ways, by my perception anyway, but the career options were.

I haven't been communicating with you as long as I have Montro, Seagal, but here's what the book says about ENFJ shared by 1/2 of me:

ENFJs are outstanding leaders of groups, both task groups and growth groups. They have the charming characteristic of seeming to take for granted that they will be followed, never doubting that people will want to do what they suggest. (Boy are we wrong at times in that though. :) ). . .ENFJs place a high value on cooperation from others and are most willing to cooperate themselves.

(paraphrase) They are about 5% of the general population. They place people as being of high importance and priotity - feel responsible for the feelings of others - communicate caring, concern, and willingness to become involved to the point it can become overwhelming to both the ENFJ and the recipient of the concern. :)
If necessary or advisable not to get involved, the ENFJ often feels guilty about it.

Only 1% of the population are INFJ - shares some traits with the ENFJ but may have greater empathy, and a vision of human events past, present, and future. Good students, achievers, rich inner life but sometimes hard to get to know.

I usually pretty consistently test as ENT/FJ and that has served me well as both a manager and as a facilitator/teacher. I took a pretty intensive training of the Kiersey Bates concept of temperament typing along with some Myers Briggs. Having applied both--and they share a lot in common of course both based on Jungian philosophy--I have come to appreciate and prefer the Kiersey Bates approach. I have been paid to teach the core concepts from time to time and of course have volunteered to do that at church or other organizations I belonged to.

If you aren't familiar with the Kiersey Bates concept I recommend their little book Please Understand Me. ($12.99 at Amazon I think). An easy read and really explains it without a lot of psychobabble.

The hardest part about testing people is to convince them there are no right or wrong answers on the quick temperament test at the front of the book and to check the answer they know themselves to be rather than the one they think they should be.

For the uninitiated there are eight components to temperament typing that makes up a great deal of our decision making, response to things, and process of organizing and approaching tasks and problems.

E - Extravert
I - Introvert
N - Intuitive
S - Sensing
T - Thinking
F - Feeling
J - Judging
P - Perceiving

I used AquaAthena's link and got ISTJ, with percentages of 48%, 6%, 47%, and.....I forgot the last one, maybe 15%?

Based on the limited amount I can say I really know you through this weird medium we communicate through, I could believe that is a pretty accurate ranking.

From the book:

ISTJs are characterized by decisiveness in practical affairs, are the guardians of time honored institutions, and, if only one adjective could be selected, dependable would best describe this type which represents about 6 percent of the general population. The word of the ISTJ is their bond.

(Paraphrased)Thorough and detail oriented - can handle difficult detailed figures and make sense of them - patient with their work and procedures - practical - sensible - distaste for fanciness in speech, dress, environment - enjoys traditional rituals/occasions.​

Not exactly, no. I'm far from patient. I also am not so much traditional as stagnant; I don't actually care about what most people would consider traditional, it's more that I don't particularly care for change in my own life. :p

I do tend to look at details, at least when I complain about things. :lol:

E - Extravert
I - Introvert
N - Intuitive
S - Sensing
T - Thinking
F - Feeling
J - Judging
P - Perceiving

From the book:

Not exactly, no. I'm far from patient. I also am not so much traditional as stagnant; I don't actually care about what most people would consider traditional, it's more that I don't particularly care for change in my own life. :p

I do tend to look at details, at least when I complain about things. :lol:

The "J" in the temperament type is sometimes or maybe even often resistant to change. The J wants things decided, the decision made, the responsibility assigned, and thus he/she can proceed with accomplishing whatever needs to be accomplished. It can be really annoying when things don't go as they are supposed to go as you have envisioned it. What you define as 'stagnant' could just as easily be comfortable with the way things are and not particularly looking forward to things significantly changing.

You have demonstrated that you do think and reason in complex ways and you understand math problems etc. much more easily than I do and that is often a trait of the ISFJ.

A J paired with a P who wants things more flexible and open ended can sometimes have more conflict or difficulty in agreeing on things than when both are J's or both are P's. Of course when two J's strongly disagree, sometimes compromise is extremely difficult to achieve. :)

Well, Foxfyre - somewhere between the 'E' and the 'I' is also a strong dose of humility. Soooo...I called in an expert - a former classmate of mine from 9th grade on and husband of 48 years to give his opinion.

He read the first two sentences and rolled around on the floor laughing hysterically...and said, 'Ya think?!?'. He says the rest is accurate also, and can see some of the 'I' traits - especially the last one.

But hey, it's just an internet quiz. ;)

I recently met 87 year old Lord Penswick the legendary big game hunter. He told me a fascinating tale of hunting tigers in India.

"I hacked my way through the dense underbrush and came into a clearing. There stood a magnificent 650 pound Bengal tiger!" said Lord Penswick. "We caught each other's eye. Roarrrr! And I shit my pants."

"Naturally, your Lordship. When confronting such a beast a normal human reaction might include soiling one's self." I answered respectfully.

"Not then, you dolt!" responded Lord Penswick "Just now when I said 'Roarrrr!"

Mr. P's leg stared swelling on Tue. which means he is not getting good blood flow.
He saw the wound doc on Thursday and he told him to keep off his leg and elevate it.
Had to keep a close eye on it but it finally went down this morning. :)
This means it's complications due to the wound healing and not a blood clot.
He goes back on Monday, so we will see what the doc says.

Me- I'm pretty much worn out. :)

I haven't been communicating with you as long as I have Montro, Seagal, but here's what the book says about ENFJ shared by 1/2 of me:

ENFJs are outstanding leaders of groups, both task groups and growth groups. They have the charming characteristic of seeming to take for granted that they will be followed, never doubting that people will want to do what they suggest. (Boy are we wrong at times in that though. :) ). . .ENFJs place a high value on cooperation from others and are most willing to cooperate themselves.

(paraphrase) They are about 5% of the general population. They place people as being of high importance and priotity - feel responsible for the feelings of others - communicate caring, concern, and willingness to become involved to the point it can become overwhelming to both the ENFJ and the recipient of the concern. :)
If necessary or advisable not to get involved, the ENFJ often feels guilty about it.

Only 1% of the population are INFJ - shares some traits with the ENFJ but may have greater empathy, and a vision of human events past, present, and future. Good students, achievers, rich inner life but sometimes hard to get to know.

That's what I got when I just took it.
I'm a INFJ.
Hmm says I'm 47% introvert.
People do say I'm hard to get to know.:)

I'm a INFJ.

The point is that all the temperament types have their own traits or special gifts/intelligence that serve them well if they understand them and allow them to just be. We might wish we were more like somebody else but be assured there are others who wish they were more like us

The whole idea is to a) understand we are okay as we were created and even gifted being who we are but that all temperament types have their strengths and weaknesses. So when we know we are likely weak in some trait, the best option when picking our team is to look for somebody who is strong in that trait.

Two people of the same temperament type may be totally different individuals with different interests and different aptitude or abilities and different personalities. The only thing they may share is how they process information and are more likely to approach an assignment or solve problems,

I'm a INFJ.

The point is that all the temperament types have their own traits or special gifts/intelligence that serve them well if they understand them and allow them to just be. We might wish we were more like somebody else but be assured there are others who wish they were more like us

The whole idea is to a) understand we are okay as we were created and even gifted being who we are but that all temperament types have their strengths and weaknesses. So when we know we are likely weak in some trait, the best option when picking our team is to look for somebody who is strong in that trait.

Two people of the same temperament type may be totally different individuals with different interests and different aptitude or abilities and different personalities. The only thing they may share is how they process information and are more likely to approach an assignment or solve problems,

Originally I always got INFP, but more recently INFJ

Oh I'm very happy to be a recluse as much as possible ! :biggrin:
Always have been. I think that's because I had no real interaction with other children from when I was 2 1/2 till 5 1/2.
I really don't like to socialize, hubby loves it though.

I'm a 50/50 kinda guy..Half the time I want to, the other half I want to be left alone...

I think that is a lot of us. Only the very strong extraverts are often restless if left to themselves for awhile and that kind of person actually draws energy from interaction from others and can be invaluable if you need somebody to deal with people a lot in a complex manner. I am not an especially strong extravert so I am happy to be alone for awhile, but sooner or later I do want to be around folks. I'm not shy about approaching people I don't know. Hubby is. Hubby is not strongly introverted and very much enjoys social gatherings but looks forward to being with people he enjoys being with. He does make friends easily which I don't all that much. But once I do develop a friendship it is usually for life. He is usually more quickly pooped by the party than I am.

Mr. P's leg stared swelling on Tue. which means he is not getting good blood flow.
He saw the wound doc on Thursday and he told him to keep off his leg and elevate it.
Had to keep a close eye on it but it finally went down this morning. :)
This means it's complications due to the wound healing and not a blood clot.
He goes back on Monday, so we will see what the doc says.

Me- I'm pretty much worn out. :)

Well you're both still on the list and we'll just keep you there for awhile.

Always have been. I think that's because I had no real interaction with other children from when I was 2 1/2 till 5 1/2.

Okay what the book says about the INFJ:

INFJ's focus on possibilities, think in terms of values and come easily to decisions. The small number of this (most rare of) type (1%) is regrettable since INFJ's have an unusually strong drive to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their fellow humans. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

(paraphrased) --likely to have visions of human events past, present, and future. --often understand psychic phenomenon better than most others. --strong empathetic abilities and are often aware of another person's emotions or intent before the person himself/herself.
--good students, achievers, often exhibit an unostentatious creativity but can also exhibit qualities of over perfectionism and put more effort into something than is warrented. --rich inner life but often hard to get to know. --can be hurt more easily than most other types and this contributes to them being private people.

There's a lot more in the book of course--I think this may be one of Kiersey's or Bate's favorite types :)

But what do you think? Is this you? (I am suspecting that it nails it pretty closely.)​

Last edited:

Okay what the book says about the INFJ:

INFJ's focus on possibilities, think in terms of values and come easily to decisions. The small number of this (most rare of) type (1%) is regrettable since INFJ's have an unusually strong drive to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their fellow humans. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

(paraphrased) --likely to have visions of human events past, present, and future. --often understand psychic phenomenon better than most others. --strong empathetic abilities and are often aware of another person's emotions or intent before the person himself/herself.
--good students, achievers, often exhibit an unostentatious creativity but can also exhibit qualities of over perfectionism and put more effort into something than is warrented. --rich inner life but often hard to get to know. --can be hurt more easily than most other types and this contributes to them being private people.

There's a lot more in the book of course--I think this may be one of Kiersey's or Bate's favorite types :)

But what do you think? Is this you? (I am suspecting that it nails it pretty closely.)​

Yes it is. :redface:

E - Extravert
I - Introvert
N - Intuitive
S - Sensing
T - Thinking
F - Feeling
J - Judging
P - Perceiving

INTJ here

E - Extravert
I - Introvert
N - Intuitive
S - Sensing
T - Thinking
F - Feeling
J - Judging
P - Perceiving

INTJ here

Okay, what the book say about the INTJ:

INTJ's are the most self confident of all types having "self power" awareness. Like the INFJ, the iNTJ is about 1% of the general population. Lives in an introspective reality focusing on possibilities, using thinking in the form of empirical logic and preferring that events and people serve some positive use. Decisions come naturally to INTJ's; once a decision is made, INTJs are at rest. INTJs look to the future rather than the past, and word which captures the essence of INTJs is builder--a builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models.

(paraphased) --impressed by ability much more than by credentials, rank, title, etc. --unlikely to succumb to slogans, watchwords and such. --An idea or suggestion has to make sense in order to be adopted. --follows useful rules because they are practical rather than out of duty. --what exists is not how it must be to the INTJ who will utilize the present reality when prudent or reject it in favor of possibilities that make more sense.--natural brainstormers open to new concepts, ideas, what may be possible.

Much more to be said in the book though but that hits the highlights. So what do you think? Is this you?

Forum List

Back