USMB Coffee Shop IV

The dog did it again, left a bunch of diarrhea on my employer's bedroom floor. There are people visiting, and lots of food has been made, so it may be that he ate something else he shouldn't have. Still, he better not keep this up, or he could end up living elsewhere. :p

I cleaned up my signature (kinda political) and now I'd like to wish Y'all a Thanksgiving full of sweet memories and loving family and friends to share it with or whatever you do is fine with me, really.. don't worry about it...:)

It's going to be a huge mess at my house, all my children, their children, assorted family and friends, probably a few strays, a huge dog, a yappy small dog, a cat and a vicious turtle .. and YUP it's going to be Great...

Again, all the best and Happy Thanksgiving... :smiliehug:

.View attachment 162140

And to you Lumpy. Political sigs don't count though I'll personally wrinkle my nose at really ugly ones. Folks can employ the protocol that lets them turn off signatures. But sounds like a great day at your house.

And Happy Thanksgiving everybody. I decided to forego wrestling with the turkey this year and last night put a beautiful roast into the slow cooker--woke up to a devine aroma throughout the house. Will have some traditional sides though and some very expensive sliced smoked turkey from the deli for those who think Thanksgiving without turkey is. . .well. . .Thursday. Having a relaxed and beautiful day so far.

I consider the Coffee Shop the warming heart of the USMB and my political instigating ways not so appropriate. I figure it will be a few more years before I'll be feeling the calm and comfort at Thanksgiving that you are blessed with. Although, other that my namesake Lumpy grandchild (still in diapers) our aroma was pretty divine.. :lol:

It was crazy, fun and overall a great Thanksgiving with only one major exception, in a fit of Thanksgiving thankfulness I offered to do all the clean-up solo.. sheesh, my wife generally reminds me when I say something goofy but noooo not this time, she just said, "Thanks" .... so dishes and clean up until sunrise.. :eusa_doh:& :lol:

Last edited:
I cleaned up my signature (kinda political) and now I'd like to wish Y'all a Thanksgiving full of sweet memories and loving family and friends to share it with or whatever you do is fine with me, really.. don't worry about it...:)

It's going to be a huge mess at my house, all my children, their children, assorted family and friends, probably a few strays, a huge dog, a yappy small dog, a cat and a vicious turtle .. and YUP it's going to be Great...

.View attachment 162140

And to you Lumpy. Political sigs don't count though I'll personally wrinkle my nose at really ugly ones. Folks can employ the protocol that lets them turn off signatures. But sounds like a great day at your house.

And Happy Thanksgiving everybody. I decided to forego wrestling with the turkey this year and last night put a beautiful roast into the slow cooker--woke up to a devine aroma throughout the house. Will have some traditional sides though and some very expensive sliced smoked turkey from the deli for those who think Thanksgiving without turkey is. . .well. . .Thursday. Having a relaxed and beautiful day so far.

I consider the Coffee Shop the warming heart of the USMB and my political instigating ways not so appropriate. I figure it will be a few more years before I'll be feeling the calm and comfort at Thanksgiving that you are blessed with. Although, other that my namesake Lumpy grandchild (still in diapers) our aroma was pretty divine.. :lol:

It was crazy, fun and overall a great Thanksgiving with only one major exception, in a fit of Thanksgiving thankfulness I offered to do all the clean-up solo.. sheesh, my wife generally reminds me when I say something goofy but noooo not this time, she just said, "Thanks" .... so dishes and clean up until sunrise.. :eusa_doh:& :lol:

I have been and will be doing dishes off and on through the weekend. I normally do the dishes here, but there's a lot more of them than usual right now. :p

.View attachment 162140

I have been and will be doing dishes off and on through the weekend. I normally do the dishes here, but there's a lot more of them than usual right now. :p

Me too. :)

Hubby went for a ride on his can am this morning with a great big grin on his face. :)

He's going to the quality inn to thank them for keeping a eye on his trike for 2 days!
Yesterday he won the daily quarter draw at the Eagles club. 83.75
Nice,
we needed some good karma for a change after 11 months of fighting off bad karma. :lol:

I keep my clothes in my closet, either hung up or folded in laundry baskets on the floor. I don't have a dresser, nor really room for one, unless I kept it in the closet. :)

Sometimes the animals will climb into a basket with my clothes to sleep. I generally don't mind, since it's not all that common.

My employer has relatives here for Thanksgiving and the weekend. They brought 2 dogs with them. The dogs are fairly small, just a bit bigger than our chihuahua, and seem pretty good-tempered. Despite that, the cat wants nothing at all to do with them, or the various people that have been in the house for the holiday. Because of that, she has been spending all of her time hiding in my room. We've been a bit worried, because she doesn't seem to be eating her food, not even at night when the dogs are put away in a bedroom. I also have noticed she doesn't seem to be using her little box, which probably has to do with her not eating or drinking like she should, but I haven't seen nor smelled anything......until today. Today, I reached into one of the laundry baskets in my closet to get a piece of clothing, and it was covered in urine.

I suppose it's possible it was the dog, who's also been in my room during this holiday, but he goes outside multiple times a day as normal, even with the other dogs here. I also haven't noticed him on my clothes, as I brought his bed back into my room. Instead, I'm pretty sure the cat was unwilling to go out to her little box, so she just used my clothes instead.

This holiday has been pretty bad for the animals. And the little one said she wanted to keep one of the relative's dogs here when they leave....:lol: I'd rather see the animals go than more come to the house. :mad:

I keep my clothes in my closet, either hung up or folded in laundry baskets on the floor. I don't have a dresser, nor really room for one, unless I kept it in the closet. :)

Sometimes the animals will climb into a basket with my clothes to sleep. I generally don't mind, since it's not all that common.

My employer has relatives here for Thanksgiving and the weekend. They brought 2 dogs with them. The dogs are fairly small, just a bit bigger than our chihuahua, and seem pretty good-tempered. Despite that, the cat wants nothing at all to do with them, or the various people that have been in the house for the holiday. Because of that, she has been spending all of her time hiding in my room. We've been a bit worried, because she doesn't seem to be eating her food, not even at night when the dogs are put away in a bedroom. I also have noticed she doesn't seem to be using her little box, which probably has to do with her not eating or drinking like she should, but I haven't seen nor smelled anything......until today. Today, I reached into one of the laundry baskets in my closet to get a piece of clothing, and it was covered in urine.

I suppose it's possible it was the dog, who's also been in my room during this holiday, but he goes outside multiple times a day as normal, even with the other dogs here. I also haven't noticed him on my clothes, as I brought his bed back into my room. Instead, I'm pretty sure the cat was unwilling to go out to her little box, so she just used my clothes instead.

This holiday has been pretty bad for the animals. And the little one said she wanted to keep one of the relative's dogs here when they leave....:lol: I'd rather see the animals go than more come to the house. :mad:

That’s a sign of stress in cats. When we moved, we had weeks of one of our three cats not using the litter box.

Good luck.

That’s a sign of stress in cats. When we moved, we had weeks of one of our three cats not using the litter box.

Good luck.

She did at least go and eat some of her food today while the 2 new dogs are locked in my employer's bathroom (I'm here alone, everyone else went out to Stone Mountain). She's out of my room and wandering the house as normal, except that all of the bedroom doors other than mine are closed. She only has to deal with it for part of one more day, then the dogs will be gone and things can go back to normal.

I probably didn't really need to, but I washed everything in the basket she peed in. Now I just need to wait for it to finish drying so I can put on what I wanted to wear in the first place. :lol:

Good luck.

She did at least go and eat some of her food today while the 2 new dogs are locked in my employer's bathroom (I'm here alone, everyone else went out to Stone Mountain). She's out of my room and wandering the house as normal, except that all of the bedroom doors other than mine are closed. She only has to deal with it for part of one more day, then the dogs will be gone and things can go back to normal.

I probably didn't really need to, but I washed everything in the basket she peed in. Now I just need to wait for it to finish drying so I can put on what I wanted to wear in the first place. :lol:

She’s probably enjoying the quiet. I have two cats that love people, even a house full of them, and one very skittish cat who hides when company comes.

Good morning all. We just hugged our son and his family goodbye and sent them with blessings and prayers back to west Texas. Has been a great, relaxed few days full of good food, love, and laughter. It just doesn't get better than that.

Aunt Betty will come today for an early lunch and a movie. She offered to forego that weekly tradition as she figured we would be tired out from our company, but we are not tired out at all--and don't want to miss our day with her. As she is 91, how much longer can we continue it? I have finally learned at my own older age that the only thing certain in life is that it changes and we are happiest if we just enjoy what blessings we have for as long as they last.

To quote from the latest movie "Cinderella" which is absolutely 100% wonderful--perfect in concept. The Fairy Godmother gives her a final instruction that the magic will only last for so long, and at the last stroke of midnight all would return to what it was.

Cinderella, upon exiting the coach and looking at the long series of steps to the palace: "I'm frightened Mr. Lizard. I am only a girl, not a princess."

Mr. Lizard (temporarily transformed by Fairy Godmother): "And I am only a lizard, not a footman."

Then he looks at her earnestly: "Enjoy it while it lasts."

Good advice for all of us I think during those times that everything is good.

Good morning all. We just hugged our son and his family goodbye and sent them with blessings and prayers back to west Texas. Has been a great, relaxed few days full of good food, love, and laughter. It just doesn't get better than that.

Aunt Betty will come today for an early lunch and a movie. She offered to forego that weekly tradition as she figured we would be tired out from our company, but we are not tired out at all--and don't want to miss our day with her. As she is 91, how much longer can we continue it? I have finally learned at my own older age that the only thing certain in life is that it changes and we are happiest if we just enjoy what blessings we have for as long as they last.

To quote from the latest movie "Cinderella" which is absolutely 100% wonderful--perfect in concept. The Fairy Godmother gives her a final instruction that the magic will only last for so long, and at the last stroke of midnight all would return to what it was.

Cinderella, upon exiting the coach and looking at the long series of steps to the palace: "I'm frightened Mr. Lizard. I am only a girl, not a princess."

Mr. Lizard (temporarily transformed by Fairy Godmother): "And I am only a lizard, not a footman."

Yes, because normally the only thing that comes out of a lizard's mouth is flies.

Yes, because normally the only thing that comes out of a lizard's mouth is flies.

I rather think more flies probably enter the lizard's mouth than come out of it. :)

After the past few days I think this just about sums it up for me......

sleepy-baby-turkey.jpg

sleepy-baby-turkey.jpg

I've been eating half a pie a day since Thanksgiving. A pumpkin pie on Thursday and Friday, half an apple pie yesterday, and I will be back to pumpkin in a few minutes. ;)
It's almost like complaining that your wallet is too small to hold your fifties or that your diamond shoes are too loose.

sleepy-baby-turkey.jpg

I've been eating half a pie a day since Thanksgiving. A pumpkin pie on Thursday and Friday, half an apple pie yesterday, and I will be back to pumpkin in a few minutes. ;)

I'm glad it's homemade pie season again, alas, I'm pie-less at the moment so .. sheesh for me... :( and:woohoo:for you..

sleepy-baby-turkey.jpg

I'm glad it's homemade pie season again, alas, I'm pie-less at the moment so .. sheesh for me... :( and:woohoo:for you..

These aren't homemade pies, but I have no problem at all with store-bought. :D

I'm only eating 1/4 of the pumpkin pie tonight. The pies I hate half of at a time were 8" pies, this one is more like a 10", so I'm moderating. :lol:

Forum List

Back