USMB Coffee Shop IV

Finally got our Christmas tree up a few days ago.

aecdbade1aa64bbeaf90ee9c6691b3d2--lighted-christmas-trees-christmas-decorations.jpg

Even hung a wreath on the door. :thup:

I doubt we'l put one up this year but we might. We have one with lights already on it that we pull out of the box and fluff out. We will put a wreath on the door and might put the lights around the garage door and the MERRY CHRISTMAS in big magnetic letters on the door.

The local news reported that a lot of Xmas trees have bugs in them -- mites, aphids, and praying mantists being the worst.

The mites will bite you.

The aphids will eat your indoor plants.

The praying mantists will invate your home in the hundreds. They eat other bugs which makes them good. But hundreds ??

Good Tuesday morning! I am almost done with my Christmas shopping. I just have to pick up a couple of gift certificates and maybe some wrapping paper. I have to check on my supply of wrapping paper to make sure I have enough!

d7b9e92e53616ee2e0d2c90d544bfc84-tuesday-greetings-happy-tuesday-min-300x300.jpg

I only have one present to buy now, and that is for my sister, who is the only family I have left.. I looked for a single sheet of Christmas paper but could not find one so I had to buy a roll. Now my sister will get the same Christmas paper for the next five years.
I am buying restaurant cards for everybody.

Have tree frogs here. Tiny tiny little bitty tree frogs, and they have the loudest mouths!

Good Tuesday morning! I am almost done with my Christmas shopping. I just have to pick up a couple of gift certificates and maybe some wrapping paper. I have to check on my supply of wrapping paper to make sure I have enough!

d7b9e92e53616ee2e0d2c90d544bfc84-tuesday-greetings-happy-tuesday-min-300x300.jpg

I only have one present to buy now, and that is for my sister, who is the only family I have left.. I looked for a single sheet of Christmas paper but could not find one so I had to buy a roll. Now my sister will get the same Christmas paper for the next five years.
I am buying restaurant cards for everybody.

For me too???

aecdbade1aa64bbeaf90ee9c6691b3d2--lighted-christmas-trees-christmas-decorations.jpg

I doubt we'l put one up this year but we might. We have one with lights already on it that we pull out of the box and fluff out. We will put a wreath on the door and might put the lights around the garage door and the MERRY CHRISTMAS in big magnetic letters on the door.

Just be careful if you get a live tree! :D

The Advent season marches on and we are less than three weeks from Christmas. The houses around here are flowing with lights and inflatable Santas and snowmen. The flow starts up around 5:00 pm as it is pitch black by that early hour. If Daisy the Mutt and I haven't wrapped up our daily activities by 3:30, we don't enjoy enough daylight to get outside.

This Sunday, by way of a Christmas gift, I'm taking Mom and my brother and his wife to tour the Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens. The mansion was built by John Seinerlimg who founded Firestone Tire in Akron. It is a magnificent Tudor mansion that is lavishly decorated for the Yuletide.

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

The tour begins at 5:00 so watching my beloved Steelers will be by the magic of the DVR.

Oh my Nosmo. How elegantly gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. I am posting the specific photos you linked and there are a lot more at the site itself.

12a9d2337c9b289183dd42c169e16e82.jpg

Great-Hall-2.jpg

deckthehalljpg-7feb4bb8cf607bba.jpg

Imagine having to set all of that out and then put it all away again?? Too much work if you ask me. Looks beautiful if someone else is doing it though! ;)

Just be careful if you get a live tree! :D

We haven't used a live tree in decades.

I love the look and smell of a real tree, but hate the guilt of cutting it down and throwing it away for a couple week’s decoration.

If I ever put up a real tree again, I’ll make it a potted tree that can be replanted. But right now I don’t have any room to plant trees in my yard.

I just want a tree that is easy to set up. I am sick of struggling with the lights. I have a tree in a box upstairs but I still haven't brought it out. I am going to wait until like a week before Christmas. I am going to look for a prelit tree for next year.

I love the look and smell of a real tree, but hate the guilt of cutting it down and throwing it away for a couple week’s decoration.

If I ever put up a real tree again, I’ll make it a potted tree that can be replanted. But right now I don’t have any room to plant trees in my yard.

I love the smell of the real trees. They are very pretty and I love them, but they are too much of a PITA. Picking out the right one, getting it home, setting it up, lighting it, watering it, having to clean up the pine needles (which you still find hidden around the house 6 months later) and then finally having to get rid of it. I just don't have a lot of time for all of that right now! :(

I could lose power at any moment because it is SO windy outside! Wind blown rain, but it is really pretty warm, especially considering it is December! It is 58 degrees right now, and that is really unusual. We must be in an El Nino season or something. It's been unusually warm so far this year. I've noticed that the birds nests are closer to the ground, and that means no snow! Or so I've been told. :D

Forum List

Back