USMB Coffee Shop IV

Like Chris, I googled it so I know. But how cute.

What search terms can you have used to find a picture like that? Tiny fur ball in the palm of hand?

You search the picture itself. If you have Chrome, you just right click on it and choose search image on google. And the picture will come up.

And it is amazing how often it is right. When I right clicked and searched on your avatar, however, it came back with an identification of 'autumn'. :)

My avatar gets an I.D. of 'cartoon'.

Nosmo's avatar of "Daisy" is IDed as "companion dog",

Montro's bears is IDed as "do brown bears eat. . .",

Drifter's avatar is "Christmas fashion sketch",

and Ringel's is accurately identified as "pirates of the caribbean jack". :)

That was all of us that appear on the page right now.
"Companion Dog" is a generous description. I often say Daisy is less a dog and more like a... One of my sister-in-law's friends stopped me, rolled her eyes and said "more like a child?"

"No. I was going to say 'more like something you could win at a carnival'."

Daisy the Mutt does a better job at vacuuming out my wallet than anything else. Tomorrow afternoon she has an appointment across the street with the groomer in an effort to ready herself for the attention she will draw at Christmas with the whole family there.

I did look into licensing her as a therapy dog. I think she would do great in the children's ward at City Hospital or the day room at a nursing home. She could lay on laps and be petted and stroked and adored (some of her favorite activities). But the licensing procedure is arduous. 18 hours of training by state certified animal trainers, and that can only happen at their facilities, the nearest one being an hour and a half away near Cleveland. Then I would have to add an addendum to my home owner's insurance policy to protect me from any harm a 14 pound miniature poodle could do.

My sister-in-law's mother suffers from Alzheimer's disease, a most brutal condition. She now lives in an Alzheimer's facility here in the county. Last weekend Mom and my sister-in-law paid her a visit. While there someone brought in a therapy dog. They came into the Day Room with an English Bulldog on a leash. From the accounts both Mom and my sister-in-law recounted, every patient immediately went to the dog. All other conversation stopped and the patients surrounded the dog and began smiling and petting it.

With Daisy's repertoire of tricks and playful behavior, both Mom and my sister-in-law both said she would be the Belle of the Ball. But I don't want to bundle her in the car three nights a week and drive her to Cleveland and back just to make that happen. It sounds terribly selfish on my part, but I think the strain of a three hour round trip might be more than Daisy could tolerate. Then I would find out how much insurance I would need to repair the wrath of a miniature poodle! But I think the upholstery in my car would take the brunt of it. And by 'brunt' I mean pee.

Last edited:

Like Chris, I googled it so I know. But how cute.

What search terms can you have used to find a picture like that? Tiny fur ball in the palm of hand?

You search the picture itself. If you have Chrome, you just right click on it and choose search image on google. And the picture will come up.

And it is amazing how often it is right. When I right clicked and searched on your avatar, however, it came back with an identification of 'autumn'. :)

My avatar gets an I.D. of 'cartoon'.

Nosmo's avatar of "Daisy" is IDed as "companion dog",

Montro's bears is IDed as "do brown bears eat. . .",

Drifter's avatar is "Christmas fashion sketch",

and Ringel's is accurately identified as "pirates of the caribbean jack". :)

That was all of us that appear on the page right now.

I just googled mine and it came back "internet forum." :dunno:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
Boedicca's dad and family,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

55075bdc9ed0955b02ad655b0712701a.jpg

And even after it you could remember, Russian alphabet has 33 letters, so you can try a bit more else :)))

24991433_1402036366585568_6738613473430546609_n.jpg

Winter has come...

Is it time to sit at home, or a time to travel? :)

Good morning everybody. And to Sbiker, I always looked at winter as the time to be guilt free that I wasn't outside doing something constructive, a time for hot chocolate and hearty stews and jigsaw puzzles that just don't feel right in the summer. I don't think of it as a time to travel, but if one does travel, it feels like it is supposed to get away from ice, snow, and cold and to palm trees and wonderful beaches.

I love that tall ship in your photo though. A museum piece? I have always wanted to attend the event in Boston Harbor where the tall ships are sailed and are on display. On my bucket list of things to do before I die.
tumblr_m6qvibFotC1qewb27o1_1280.jpg

It's a museum reconstruction of ship of XVIII century. A good example, what people in my town built at this place 300 years ago... Cannons are original :)

I agree with you about hot chocolate - and I drinking hot coffee right now... But ancient Russians used winter for travels, because it's time, when they could use rivers as roads - an only good roads here for a centuries :))) And I understand them after some years of working trips during winter :) It's a real good, silent time to visit many interesting places in different towns... Offcourse, periodically having hot tea, coffee, maybe hot wine or vodka or cognac or something else :)
We still use ice roads in Alaska. A lot of heavy equipment is moved over ice that would never get where it is needed an other way.

As I know, a lot of roads in North Siberia work only in winter too :) But it's a good rule, not to drive alone after -30C...

I remember, how I started old car in -30C, after a party in a country house in winter... It didn't want to start anyhow, so I unscrew spark plugs and warmed them at gas furnace, in kitchen...It was successful try :)))

Last edited:

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

acc9659734ed7c5380aca8b5dfbc595d.jpg

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

acc9659734ed7c5380aca8b5dfbc595d.jpg

6506e1af3f064759c52147e6d5192d34.jpg

I have gone through major fits trying to get Obamacare started for 2018. Finally got the coupon book for my plan yesterday. I have to send it in before 1/1/2018. Problem is I am eligible for an Obamacare plan through the post office now. That one looks to cost eighty dollars a month more, but lower copays and it has dental insurance included. Hopefully I can get this figured out tonight and either send in the check or sign up for the other plan. Insurance, thy name is not simplicity.

I haven't had insurance (or seen a doctor) in 20+ years. Complicated insurance might be better than none. :p

Other than last year when I had pneumonia, I rarely need health insurance. Even then I managed the costs to under $400, so not having it for me would be a savings. Thing is Mrs. Liberty had knee surgery in April and that would have been terribly expensive. Being older just means you are far more likely to use health insurance.

The post office coverage is twice as expensive, but better coverage and I suspect I will earn more than I used to calculate my Obamacare premium. By the time I repay that difference on 2019 federal taxes, I am probably better off to get more complete coverage and avoid a big bill. We cancelled Mrs. Liberty's dental plan to save $110 a month, so that can ease the other premium adjustment.

Morning friends. I applied for 4 jobs. I am excited about Xmas. It finally snowed a lot and I love it.

Searching for a job is so different these days. I thought showing up in person might be helpful, but some places only want email contact.

I have a week of training coming up in January and on the 12th is a test....

...if you don't get a passing score, you are fired. Right after that is a 30 evaluation, where they can let you go. Really?

Morning friends. I applied for 4 jobs. I am excited about Xmas. It finally snowed a lot and I love it.

Searching for a job is so different these days. I thought showing up in person might be helpful, but some places only want email contact.

I have a week of training coming up in January and on the 12th is a test....

...if you don't get a passing score, you are fired. Right after that is a 30 evaluation, where they can let you go. Really?

You're smart I know you will pass easily. People are lucky to have you on the team.

Forum List

Back