USMB Coffee Shop IV

dc6e49d1c6fdc548282792aa5aab4891--cute-cat-memes-funny-animal-quotes.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
ricechickie for impending surgery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

2055525-bigthumbnail.jpg

Another frigid morning here in New England! It is currently 7 degrees, feels like temperature is 2 degrees. Highs today of 12 degrees, lows of 1 degree. :eek: I have the day off today so I won't be going to work, and I am just going to stay inside and do some housework or something. I hate this kind of cold weather. It really sucks.

I’m going to spend today talking sweetly to my furnace and cuddling my car’s battery.

Anything to get them through these temperatures.....

Last edited:
Another frigid morning here in New England! It is currently 7 degrees, feels like temperature is 2 degrees. Highs today of 12 degrees, lows of 1 degree. :eek: I have the day off today so I won't be going to work, and I am just going to stay inside and do some housework or something. I hate this kind of cold weather. It really sucks.
I’m going to spend today talking sweetly to my furnace and cuddling my car’s battery.

I hear that. Yes, such bitter cold does affect our emotional comfort I think, just as does oppressive heat. Both can be dangerous, but I think cold is moreso. So common sense does prevail here.

On the bright side, you can turn up the furnace, cuddle up to the fire, put on additional clothing etc. to get warm. But there are days you can't take off enough clothing to get cool. :)

Thinking of petro this morning. He mentioned he is in northern Minnesota. It was a record minus 37 degrees at International Falls this morning. That broke the old record of minus 32 degrees recording in 1924.

I hear that. Yes, such bitter cold does affect our emotional comfort I think, just as does oppressive heat. Both can be dangerous, but I think cold is moreso. So common sense does prevail here.

On the bright side, you can turn up the furnace, cuddle up to the fire, put on additional clothing etc. to get warm. But there are days you can't take off enough clothing to get cool. :)

Thinking of petro this morning. He mentioned he is in northern Minnesota. It was a record minus 37 degrees at International Falls this morning. That broke the old record of minus 32 degrees recording in 1924.

I like the cold much more than extreme heat. Cold weather energizes me.

But I am not feeling 100% this winter, so I can’t get out there and clear snow like I’m used to doing.

I like the cold much more than extreme heat. Cold weather energizes me.

But I am not feeling 100% this winter, so I can’t get out there and clear snow like I’m used to doing.

You should feel much better after your surgery if you treat yourself well as you recover from it. :)

Here in the upper Ohio River valley it is cold. I mean cold! It did not get out of the single digits today. The National Weather Service has issued a Brass Monkey Alert. Breathing means your nostrils stick together! Daisy the Mutt has not been to the park for a walk since Christmas Day. Our rule of not walking when the thermometer does not register at least 18 degrees is strict.

But she seems to be in cahoots with the gas company. Insisting on going outside on her leash secured in the North Lawn means opening the door, begging her out as she stands on the threshold, attaching her collar and leash then beating a retreat back into the warmth of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. It can be time consuming.

Meanwhile, a bit of a catch up. First the baptism went well. The church was packed to the gunwhales with happy Christmas congregants. The baptism itself happened at the end of the service. A drapery behind the alter concealed the baptismal pool. When it opened, we saw my nephew already holding his nose in anticipation of being dunked. The minister said it was the coldest baptismal water he had ever been in.

Christmas Eve dinner with Mom at the Big House was great. A prime rib roast had been dry aging in my refrigerator for 14 days and was cooked to perfection by my gourmand brother.

Christmas morning dawned clear but, as it had snowed during the night, beautifully White in the Bing Crosby ideal. Two inches of snow covered the lawns but not the streets. As far as aesthetically Christmas, it was perfect.

I got the obligatory socks and skivvies. Daisy got treats and some welcomed grooming supplies. All in all, it was a great Christmas.

Then it got cold. Did I mention it is cold?

Last edited:
Freezing here too. Not as cold as Minnesota, but still too cold for me. Single digits. We are at 7 degrees currently. It's terribly cold. My face is stinging when I go out in this kind of cold weather, and my nostril hairs get icy. :sad:

Freezing here too. Not as cold as Minnesota, but still too cold for me. Single digits. We are at 7 degrees currently. It's terribly cold. My face is stinging when I go out in this kind of cold weather, and my nostril hairs get icy. :sad:

I was just noticing on Accuweather that Massachusetts is now rated the #1 most healthy state to live in. I don't think that has much to do with the weather though. :)

And we folks in New Mexico are having to endure high 50's and low 60's for highs this week, above freezing for lows. Brutal! (ducks and runs.):scared1:

Forum List

Back