USMB Coffee Shop IV

DR9zsXkX4AAIW0r.jpg

Was just idly surfing the web while on interminable hold and ran across this little human interest story. Seems two guys had been best friends for 60 years when they each had their DNA tested as is the popular thing to do these days. Turns out they were brothers! And it made them very happy.

Best Friends For 60 Years Discover They Are Brothers

Update on the eagle cam - this morning we had PIPS, i.e. tiny holes the babies have pecked through the shell from the inside. They'll keep working and it could take up to 48 hours for them to fully hatch. Egg 1 was late hatching--right at the maximum after which it would have been declared inviable. Egg 2 was right on time at the earliest it could be expected to begin to hatch. So the two fledglings could appear approximately at the same time and that could be anytime from later today or hopefully sometime tomorrow. Certainly by Thursday A.M. Exciting times for eagle watchers.

Live Eagle Cam

So this morning I get off the bus and some idiot decides to blow himself up in the bus terminal. I was never in any real danger. I was in the same building but about half a block away. I heard the explosion and saw a few hundred people come running in my direction screaming bomb, and active shooter. the guy did more damage to himself than anyone else fortunately

It was a bus terminal? I thought it was the subway system? I guess I didn't understand what the port terminal was. Happy you weren't near the guy though I guess the few injuries he caused others were fairly minor--the worst he did to himself if the media got it right.

yes, the subway tunnel leads into the port authority. it is both a bus terminal and subway hub. turns out the only real injury was to himself. the other people just had ringing in the ears from the explosion

Spoonman .. Hello old Pal... :beer:
Lumpy, how the heck are you

I'm fine, a few things to whine about here and there but keeping my smile mostly. Your disappearance was noticed old friend, a definite dip in fun, laughter and the good stuff around here.

It should be noted that in many of the more liturgical and orthodox traditions, the four Sundays/weeks leading up to Christmas is Advent or preparation for Christmas. Christmas Day BEGINS the 12 days of Christmas instead of ending Christmas.

So on the second day of Christmas I offer this special treat of a (cough) barbershop quartet stranded in a snowstorm at some church:

youtube four kids lip synching Christmas carol - Bing video

The Twelfth day is when you take your tree down.

Merry Christmas to all...View attachment 167837
Bitter nasty cold today...-20 windchill this morning with nearly -40 to -50 windchills in northern Mn. Stay warm northern Hemi folks.

I overlooked your Christmas greeting in the flurry of posts petro, but happy you stopped by. By oh my, what nasty weather for Christmas you folks had.

And it doesn't look any better for New Years. While we here in the southwest are having to endure horrible high 50's and low 60's--well above average for us this time of year--I copied these headlines off the Drudge Report just now:

Record -36° in Minnesota...
NEW YEAR'S EVE IN NYC COLDEST IN HISTORY?
Temps 30° BELOW normal...
Some of most extreme cold 'ever observed' in central Missouri...
Arctic Blast: Canada...
MYSTERY: BLUE snow Russia...
UPDATE: Erie, PA pummeled by record 5 feet of snow...
NATIONAL GUARD MOBILIZED...

LIVE CHILL MAP... (showing lows I presume)

uschill.gif

So mercy. You folks in the upper midwest and northeast, bundle up.

It should be noted that in many of the more liturgical and orthodox traditions, the four Sundays/weeks leading up to Christmas is Advent or preparation for Christmas. Christmas Day BEGINS the 12 days of Christmas instead of ending Christmas.

So on the second day of Christmas I offer this special treat of a (cough) barbershop quartet stranded in a snowstorm at some church:

youtube four kids lip synching Christmas carol - Bing video

The Twelfth day is when you take your tree down.

If you follow the liturgical calendar yes. For us, it is usually New Year's Day.

Bitter nasty cold today...-20 windchill this morning with nearly -40 to -50 windchills in northern Mn. Stay warm northern Hemi folks.

I overlooked your Christmas greeting in the flurry of posts petro, but happy you stopped by. By oh my, what nasty weather for Christmas you folks had.

And it doesn't look any better for New Years. While we here in the southwest are having to endure horrible high 50's and low 60's--well above average for us this time of year--I copied these headlines off the Drudge Report just now:

uschill.gif

Here we sit at noon and -4 for a high today.
Looks nice and sunny from my window.

I took my rabbit outside this morning and I wore my snow pants. I was still cold. Bunny was loving it though. Currently around 20, lows around 3 today. Feels like temperature is 15. Brrrrr! I am just hanging around at home today until it's time to go to work.

freezing-cold-smiley-emoticon.gif

I took my rabbit outside this morning and I wore my snow pants. I was still cold. Bunny was loving it though. Currently around 20, lows around 3 today. Feels like temperature is 15. Brrrrr! I am just hanging around at home today until it's time to go to work.

freezing-cold-smiley-emoticon.gif

I would enjoy more winter like weather here as we really NEED winter here. 20's I can handle nicely. 3 not so much.

uschill.gif

Here we sit at noon and -4 for a high today.
Looks nice and sunny from my window.

All I can say is brr.

A WINTER POEM by Juanita Doe Whatever
607d4c826b95d853367ae45ed1ca5a0f.jpg

Shit it's cold!

the end

Forum List

Back