USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wow, I just logged on and have been looking at those wonderful pictures you have put up, FF. They are all so beautiful and resplendent of this wonderful season we are privileged to enjoy.

I do wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I also wish for continued prosperity for the USMB Coffee Shop. I am having a terrible time typing correctly as I slit the index finger on my left hand at work yesterday. lol. It is better today. That antibiotic cream works wonders and fast but it is the bandaid that is causing me to slow down and just be grateful it wasn't my hand I chopped off while trying to wrap a 3 x 4 feet framed picture with cardboard and a huge tape gun, for a customer.

How great to see BBD again. I hope he and his beautiful wife are doing fantastically, as always. What a handsome couple they are. I remember pics he put up a few years ago.

Well, cheers to all CS regulars and to the owner hersef who makes her place the sweetest of all in USMB land to come to. I can just smell the hot cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate with marshmallows right this very minute and wish I had some. :) :coffee:

And a very Merry Christmas to you my friend. Happy you are checking back in at the CS again too. I don't 'own' the Coffee Shop though. We all do. I am just privileged to be the nosiest, bossiest one here. :)
LOL, I wondered what you'd find to correct. lol

36fc1f780e6d57ec4c7bcdb2ecde61aa28e7b798b0f5dbc1664734da052f5242.jpg

Needed one more gift for the wife, this morning her Keurig gave out. Problem solved. Nice way to sell same amount of coffee for more money but she loves it so off I go.

May not post much but I drop in couple times a week to try to keep up,,,,so Merry Christmas and hope things look up in New Year for those having tough go of it.

Wow, I just logged on and have been looking at those wonderful pictures you have put up, FF. They are all so beautiful and resplendent of this wonderful season we are privileged to enjoy.

I do wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I also wish for continued prosperity for the USMB Coffee Shop. I am having a terrible time typing correctly as I slit the index finger on my left hand at work yesterday. lol. It is better today. That antibiotic cream works wonders and fast but it is the bandaid that is causing me to slow down and just be grateful it wasn't my hand I chopped off while trying to wrap a 3 x 4 feet framed picture with cardboard and a huge tape gun, for a customer.

How great to see BBD again. I hope he and his beautiful wife are doing fantastically, as always. What a handsome couple they are. I remember pics he put up a few years ago.

Well, cheers to all CS regulars and to the owner hersef who makes her place the sweetest of all in USMB land to come to. I can just smell the hot cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate with marshmallows right this very minute and wish I had some. :) :coffee:

Merry Christmas, sis......

And Merry Christmas to you PC!! So happy you stopped in.

Needed one more gift for the wife, this morning her Keurig gave out. Problem solved. Nice way to sell same amount of coffee for more money but she loves it so off I go.

May not post much but I drop in couple times a week to try to keep up,,,,so Merry Christmas and hope things look up in New Year for those having tough go of it.

And a Merry Christmas to you mots. We're always happy whenever our friends have time to stop by.

Was getting stuff together for tomorrow's dinner, was planning on a pot roast until I realized I had no beef roast in either freezer........ (Another) quick run to Albertsons and I'm glad I did, yup I picked up the pot roast at half price but sitting in front of it was a $70 beef crown roast marked down to $7........... Now I have to look up how to cook a crown roast. :D

Last edited:
I just got home about an hour ago after spending the weekend with my friends about an hour north of here. It's been a pretty good weekend. I exchanged presents with my friends, and they mostly went over well (although I got one gift that they already had) and they got me some very nice 49ers stuff. Those 49ers are currently beating the Jaguars, completely unexpectedly. The Jags have had the best D pretty much all year long, and the Niners have put up 36 points as of 6 minutes into the 4th quarter, while only giving up 19. The big part of the weekend was me buying a used car. Despite my age, it's the first car I've owned. I actually don't have it; it's paid for and mine, but I left it with my friends as he is somewhat of a car guy, while I don't know a thing about them. He's going to replace the housing over the rear lights, as it was damaged on both sides, and he'll do a quick check in a few days to see if there seem to be any issues. I'm going back up there this New Year's weekend, and will bring it back when I return from that, next Sunday or Monday.

It was a cheap used car, a 2002 Saturn station wagon, but I don't need it for much. It has space in case I need to carry anything, it has less than 150,000 miles, so it hasn't been driven into the ground, hopefully it will last me for a while with as little as I hope to actually drive it.

My employer will have a lot of family over here tomorrow for opening Christmas presents. The tree is jam-packed with gifts; I just put my contributions there when I got home earlier (minus the few I added to the "from Santa" pile). Everyone will be going to visit my employer's sister later in the day, and I'll decide then whether to join them or stay at home to have the house to myself for a while.

I hope everyone is and has been having a good holiday season.

Boedicca, I hope that you can spend the holidays remembering the good times with your father while you grieve. :huddle:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
Boedicca and family in the loss of her father,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Christmas Eve in Albuquerque
oldtown.jpg

Every year, I dread Christmas with the unrealistic expectations of peace and cheer and Christ-like generosity. I used to fake it fairly well, but since the death of my husband, I find it more and more difficult.

I’m not trying to bring anyone down. I can’t express this with the bare honesty anywhere else. In a 40 day period, I go through the anniversary of his death, Thanksgiving, his birthday, Christmas, and our wedding anniversary (New Year’s Day). And this year, I’m having a major surgery on Jan 2.

I am thankful for what I have (really!). The kids and I have exchanged gifts, and we will share in preparing a Christmas dinner.

I just wanted someplace where I didn’t have to force jollity today.

And now, having gotten that off my chest, I can say with all sincerity that I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Every year, I dread Christmas with the unrealistic expectations of peace and cheer and Christ-like generosity. I used to fake it fairly well, but since the death of my husband, I find it more and more difficult.

I’m not trying to bring anyone down. I can’t express this with the bare honesty anywhere else. In a 40 day period, I go through the anniversary of his death, Thanksgiving, his birthday, Christmas, and our wedding anniversary (New Year’s Day). And this year, I’m having a major surgery on Jan 2.

I am thankful for what I have (really!). The kids and I have exchanged gifts, and we will share in preparing a Christmas dinner.

And now, having gotten that off my chest, I can say with all sincerity that I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

:huddle:

Holidays are hard when remembering loved ones who aren't here. :smiliehug:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry-Christmas-christmas-32790214-1024-768.jpg

Mr. P and I have much to be thankful for.
We thank you all here who have given their prayers and well wishes and support for us this whole year. I don't know how I would have gotten along though this whole year without you all! :)
Mr. P is doing very well.
He has been walking with his cane and riding his Can Am when it's warm enough during the day.

I'm cooking buffalo prime rib roast for the 1st time.
I'm hoping it turns out good. If it does I will take some leftovers to a couple of friends who live alone out here tomorrow.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Few of us have not been where you are ricechickie. I am always somewhat relieved when the holidays are over as Christmas especially was a pretty stressful and not always joyous time for me when growing up and into my young adulthood. And as a result I am one who deals with the old tapes running this time of year and that can trigger a reactive depression. But I have learned to deal with it and greatly reduce the stress of doing nothing that I do just because it is expected. What I do, I do because I want to. And that helps make it fun and keep those old tapes tamped down.

WQ and I hope all of our Coffee Shop friends are having a happy holiday season.:thup: We have so much to be thankful for this year, and are grateful to have another Christmas with my Mom. We'll be heading over to her house shortly, and I'll be so thankful to have her, my beautiful children, and my loving husband all together.:)

Merry-Christmas-tree-on-beach.jpg

Merry Christmas and Chinese Food Day!

chinese_restaurant_christmastime_12-24-17-1.jpg

Forum List

Back