USMB Coffee Shop IV

The Super Blue Blood Moon Is Wednesday. Watch It Before You Go to Work.

merlin_133077053_94562078-2071-48db-8977-810bc25e6693-master768.jpg

Morning, All Y'all!
Beautiful night last night. The moon was so bright! I even dragged the telescope out and braved the cold to star gaze.

I had a telescope, but all I could ever see with it was four of the moons of Jupiter, and they were just dots of light.
I used to have a hankering to look at the planets and stars through a giant telescope, but never had the chance.

Morning, All Y'all!
Beautiful night last night. The moon was so bright! I even dragged the telescope out and braved the cold to star gaze.

I had a telescope, but all I could ever see with it was four of the moons of Jupiter, and they were just dots of light.
I used to have a hankering to look at the planets and stars through a giant telescope, but never had the chance.
Things are all that much clearer, but you can see stuff on the moon, particularly like tonight. Unfortunately, I'll be at work. I'll ask the pilot who have been flying at 40,000 ft whether they noticed anything.

Well, looks like the old laptop I use as a media machine for my TV has given up the ghost. It shuts itself down not long after the fan starts up, before anything but the opening screen can load. I can't get into the BIOS or boot menu. I might try booting up from a usb, but I think the problem is likely physical rather than software. Now I have to decide if I want to bother getting another cheap machine to use with the TV, or just hook up my second PC to the TV and not be able to use that PC while playing things on the TV.

It's unfortunate, but it's an old laptop that did pretty well, considering the abuse it went through. I hope I didn't have any files on there that I would want to get off. :p

Yes. it is an extremely rare one too as it will be a blue moon (the second full moon in the month), the second super moon of the year (The January 2 one was the first) and will also feature a total eclipse in the predawn hours tomorrow morning, though that will be visible for only those of us in middle America and west--the rest of you will only have a partial eclipse.

Though the three events are not all that rare separately, the last time we had a blue moon, super moon, and total eclipse all at the same time was March 31, 1866

Last edited:

Yes. it is an extremely rare one too as it will be a blue moon (the second full moon in the month), the second super moon of the year (The January 2 one was the first) and will also feature a total eclipse in the predawn hours tomorrow morning, though that will be visible for only those of us in middle America and west--the rest of you will only have a partial eclipse.

Those the three events are not all that rare separately, the last time we had a blue moon, super moon, and total eclipse all at the same time was March 31, 1866

I can't see the moon in the western sky from inside the house at that time in the morning. The WeatherBug app says it will be 16 degrees with a "feels like" temperature of 5.

So, with that in mind, let me know how it all works out.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter,
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

1662313089-philosophical-Einstein-Quotes.jpg

Hopefully today was a more positive day, Gracie! :) Maybe some yoga and meditation/relaxation exercises could help you and Mr. Gracie with your "spiritual" well being, for lack of a better word.
I am dragging myself out tomorrow..off to the Rez to get a couple cartons of cigs. Taking a friend with me. Then I will stop off at Casey's house and give him a new stuffed toy to gnaw on. It will be my outting day, I guess. Not thrilled to go..but...I gotta.
Once I get back home...my meditation will be deciding what color to paint the jelly fish. :)

Pink and purple! :D

I had an appointment with my GP yesterday. He’s pleased with my healing, and asked if I had any concerns. I told him about my trouble regulating my temperature lately. I don’t know if my body temp is going up and down, but I am feeling extremes. A couple of weeks ago, I spent days freezing, no matter what I did. I was definitely running a fever then, but called my surgeon, who wasn’t too worried.

This last week, I’ve had night sweats, and I haven’t been feverish during the day (no clue if I am at night). Not fun. So I mentioned them to my doc. Maybe that’s all it took. I didn’t have them last night.

I feel like I’m 65 instead of 45. Still, there’s more progress than not, and I try to be grateful.

I had an appointment with my GP yesterday. He’s pleased with my healing, and asked if I had any concerns. I told him about my trouble regulating my temperature lately. I don’t know if my body temp is going up and down, but I am feeling extremes. A couple of weeks ago, I spent days freezing, no matter what I did. I was definitely running a fever then, but called my surgeon, who wasn’t too worried.

This last week, I’ve had night sweats, and I haven’t been feverish during the day (no clue if I am at night). Not fun. So I mentioned them to my doc. Maybe that’s all it took. I didn’t have them last night.

I feel like I’m 65 instead of 45. Still, there’s more progress than not, and I try to be grateful.

Hang in there. As my surgeon explained to me--the man was amazing and deserves sainthood in my opinion--your body has had an enormous shock that affects all systems, and it takes awhile for all your parts to settle down and ease out of panic mode. And if you take care of yourself, follow orders as best as you can, and allow your body to heal itself, all that will eventually pass. There are times you'll probably feel like you took a step backwards now and then, but that too is normal. As I previously reported, it took most of two years for me to get back to fully normal but I am quite a bit older than you, so you have the advantage of youth on your side and it likely won't take so long.

Morning everybody.

Did any of you see the moon this morning?
We had clear skies and it was gorgeous.

I glanced out when I got up briefly this morning but the eclipse was about half over. It was cold out though and I went right back to bed. But it was beautiful. We won't see another blue/blood/super moon until 2037 which isn't as long as the time between this one and the last one in what, 1866? GallantWarrior was probably at work this morning and was likely the only one of us who pretty much watched the whole thing.

Last edited:
Morning everybody.

Did any of you see the moon this morning?
We had clear skies and it was gorgeous.

I glanced out when I got up briefly this morning but the eclipse was about half over. It was cold out though and I went right back to bed. But it was beautiful. We won't see another blue/blood/super moon until 2037 which isn't as long as the time between this one and the last one in what, 1866? GallantWarrior was probably at work this morning and was likely the only one of us who pretty much watched the whole thing.

We get up pretty early.
It was cold here too, but the moon was right in front of our front room window, so we were able to look out at it off and on all morning.
At the very end we couldn't see because it went behind the mountains. :)

Hang in there. As my surgeon explained to me--the man was amazing and deserves sainthood in my opinion--your body has had an enormous shock that affects all systems, and it takes awhile for all your parts to settle down and ease out of panic mode. And if you take care of yourself, follow orders as best as you can, and allow your body to heal itself, all that will eventually pass. There are times you'll probably feel like you took a step backwards now and then, but that too is normal. As I previously reported, it took most of two years for me to get back to fully normal but I am quite a bit older than you, so you have the advantage of youth on your side and it likely won't take so long.

Thanks. It makes a lot of sense that everything went a little haywire from the surgery, but no one mentioned or has asked about anything but pain or signs of infection. Both of which, thankfully, have not been a problem.

Forum List

Back