USMB Coffee Shop IV

There are those days. I just now spent considerable effort trying to get my computer to delete the unwanted character on the text when I finally figured out it was a spot on the computer screen. :oops:

And then I have been watching a lot of the Olympic trials to determine which of our athletes will complete during the glorious two weeks of the winter Olympics. I love the Olympics with all the pomp and ceremony and all the national flags flying and national pride and athletes competing for the sheer joy of the competition. . .

. . .until. . .I read the Drudge headlines tonight and saw that they are passing out a record number of condoms this year. 37 per athlete? Really? Have they added an event I don't know about??????

Maybe the Olympics will actually be worth watching this year? :p
Mom will tune in exclusively for the figure skating events. I'll tune in for everything but.

There are those days. I just now spent considerable effort trying to get my computer to delete the unwanted character on the text when I finally figured out it was a spot on the computer screen. :oops:

And then I have been watching a lot of the Olympic trials to determine which of our athletes will complete during the glorious two weeks of the winter Olympics. I love the Olympics with all the pomp and ceremony and all the national flags flying and national pride and athletes competing for the sheer joy of the competition. . .

. . .until. . .I read the Drudge headlines tonight and saw that they are passing out a record number of condoms this year. 37 per athlete? Really? Have they added an event I don't know about??????

Maybe the Olympics will actually be worth watching this year? :p
Mom will tune in exclusively for the figure skating events. I'll tune in for everything but.

I'm with your mom. I love the figure skating competitions and the skiing. Nothing else much of interest for me.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter,
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Apparently Punxtutawny Phil saw his shadow today so six more months of winter. Except we haven't had any winter in Albuquerque. So. . .
1517513824800.jpg

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Apparently Punxtutawny Phil saw his shadow today so six more months of winter. Except we haven't had any winter in Albuquerque. So. . .
1517513824800.jpg

Aww. The poor thing. He's like, "put me down, stinky human!" Lol!

Hello coffee shop! It's Friday! Two more days until Superbowl!

go_patriots-13729.gif

I likely won't watch the super bowl but I hope you won't hate me if I philosophically pull for Philadelphia? The Patriots have made 10 Super Bowls, including Super Bowl 52, and have won five titles, all with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. New England is tied with the Cowboys and 49ers for the second-most Super Bowl wins behind the Pittsburgh Steelers, who have six.

Poor Philadelphia has only gone to two Super Bowls and have never won. They lost one of those two games to the Patriots. I guess I just emotionally always go with the underdog unless it is the Cowboys playing. :)

go_patriots-13729.gif

I likely won't watch the super bowl but I hope you won't hate me if I philosophically pull for Philadelphia? The Patriots have made 10 Super Bowls, including Super Bowl 52, and have won five titles, all with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. New England is tied with the Cowboys and 49ers for the second-most Super Bowl wins behind the Pittsburgh Steelers, who have six.

Poor Philadelphia have only gone to two Super Bowls and have never won. They lost one of those two games to the Patriots. I guess I just emotionally always go with the underdog unless it is the Cowboys playing. :)

You are now on my list!!! :14: Watch your back! :1peleas:

Just kidding . . . kind of! :razz:

go_patriots-13729.gif
The only team deserving six Super Bowl trophies is my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers.

Well the Patriots could match their record come Sunday. But of course Hombre and I are hoping it is the Cowboys who tie the Steelers and then surpass them. :)

I had to buy the Stop and Shop brand cream cheese! Can't buy the Philadelphia brand! :eusa_hand:

The problem isn't the brand, the problem is eating cream cheese in the firsts place. ;)

Cream cheese is pretty much a staple in our house. And at least I don't have to consider the brand all that much when I buy it this week. :)

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

1517513824800.jpg

Aww. The poor thing. He's like, "put me down, stinky human!" Lol!

I would have a hard time dragging the poor thing out of bed and subjecting him to the cold that way, but it is once a year and it is brief and they do not harm him in any way. And because of his celebrity status, that is maybe the best fed, healthiest, most pampered rodent on the planet. :)

The Patriots win superbowls because they are a damn good team. There is no "I" in the Patriots. They play as a team, and that is first and foremost in their minds. They work very hard all year to get to where they are, and they are like a well oiled machine when it comes to football. Good coaching, a good understanding of the other team and how they play and what their weaknesses are, Tom Brady just has a natural knack for being able to read the field and the players (his experience definitely plays a role in this). Bill and Tom have a very good coach/QB relationship and are very close. All of these things combine to make the Patriots a great team (amongst other things).

Forum List

Back