USMB Coffee Shop IV

The Business road trip has been pleasant. I'm staying in a suite with separate living room from the bedroom. My boyfriends' company pays for the hotels. It's raining outside tonight so I am staying in. I got a new swimsuit and two new sundresses for Florida. I've been singing Jimmy Buffet songs to my boyfriend :lol:

I hope everyone had a safe memorial weekend.

I am wondering if they have fried green tomatoes in Georgia. I had some of all places in Mount Charleston Nevada last month for the first time and loved them.

I live in Georgia, but I don't know where you'd get a fried green tomato. That's not something I'd consider eating. :p

What are the most fun cities in Georgia?

I am wondering if they have fried green tomatoes in Georgia. I had some of all places in Mount Charleston Nevada last month for the first time and loved them.

I can't answer any questions regarding Georgia with the exception of a warning not to get stuck in a small town North of Atlanta named Resaca... Hitch hiking to Ft Lauderdale a 100 years ago and my thumb broke down... Couldn't get a ride to save my soul... Finally a U. S. Navy step van pulled over... Turned out to be a Van holding AWOL Sailors... Said if we didn't mind riding in the back with the AWOL crowd they would take us South of Atlanta aways… We jumped in and wasn't to long we were smoking rope with all these fellars… Had a good time...
Anyway I was put on this earth to testify about the greatness of Fried Green Tomato's... Of coarse they have to be fried in Bacon grease to be of any account...
I have sympathy for folks that can't try new culinary delights because of psychological issues...

A Daisy the Mutt update!

Day four of her pharmaceutical regimen and the drugs seem to be turning a corner. I figured out how to mash the one big pill in a make-shift mortar and pestle then combine a fork full of soft, moist dog food into the mix. It's so much easier for the both of us.

We are having a late Spring heatwave here in the upper Ohio River valley. Daisy took advantage of her new found favorite spot under my bed and slept most of the day. But around 5:30 she sprang to life, swatted the sole of my foot and insisted on a walk. I took her up the hill to the high school campus. School's out so I knew we wouldn't run into any crowds. Daisy actually frolicked again! She ran from aroma enticing spot to spot and did her nearly famous handstand as she peed.

It is good to see her getting better. The vet's office called today to ask how she is doing. I set up an appointment for Thursday June 7 for a follow up, which will include another blood sample. With luck and continued care, my dog should be back in the pink before too much longer!

Last edited:
The Business road trip has been pleasant. I'm staying in a suite with separate living room from the bedroom. My boyfriends' company pays for the hotels. It's raining outside tonight so I am staying in. I got a new swimsuit and two new sundresses for Florida. I've been singing Jimmy Buffet songs to my boyfriend :lol:

I live in Georgia, but I don't know where you'd get a fried green tomato. That's not something I'd consider eating. :p

They are quite delicious when done by somebody who knows how. ;)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie
Nosmo's Daisy

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

Tonight or actually shared between May 29 and May 30 is the full flower moon, also called Mother’s Moon, Milk Moon, and Corn Planting Moon. It is a time of fertility and growing things as we are surely slidiing into the summer months all over the land(s). (Except Australia where it is fall.)

full_flower_moon.jpg

A Daisy the Mutt update!

Day four of her pharmaceutical regimen and the drugs seem to be turning a corner. I figured out how to mash the one big pill in a make-shift mortar and pestle then combine a fork full of soft, moist dog food into the mix. It's so much easier for the both of us.

We are having a late Spring heatwave here in the upper Ohio River valley. Daisy took advantage of her new found favorite spot under my bed and slept most of the day. But around 5:30 she sprang to life, swatted the sole of my foot and insisted on a walk. I took her up the hill to the high school campus. School's out so I knew we wouldn't run into any crowds. Daisy actually frolicked again! She ran from aroma enticing spot to spot and did her nearly famous handstand as she peed.

It is good to see her getting better. The vet's office called today to ask how she is doing. I set up an appointment for Thursday June 7 for a follow up, which will include another blood sample. With luck and continued care, my dog should be back in the pink before too much longer!

That is really great news, and wishing the best for little Daisy.

I just wrote a letter to the local paper complaining that someone may be killing the local foxes . I took hundreds of photos last year, but I have not even seen or heard a single fox this year. I think the council may have culled them, in which case I will complain. Or some other horrible bastard may have killed them.

It is always a problem. We have a couple of families of raccoons in our neighborhood that so far are being tolerated by locals but contact with cats and dogs and kids is always a concern as they are fairly large and their bite is ferocious, plus they haven't been innoculated for rabies and such.

We also have some roadrunner families and some resident wild rabbits that are fun though if the rabbits become too well populated, that could be a problem for landscaping and gardens. And it is disheartening when any of these fall prey to passing automobile traffic.

They will sometimes catch these animals in humane traps and release them farther away from people in the woods. This is a better situation for the people and for the animals.

Never feed wild animals. It is very bad for them in a lot of different ways. Not to mention, it can tend to take away their natural fear of humans which can be very bad for them and us.

One of neighbors is feeding the wild geese bread, which is TERRIBLE for them. They will probably end up getting bound up and could die a terrible and painful death. Not to mention, now there is goose crap all over the place, which is totally disgusting. People are extremely ignorant when it comes to animals.

Tbilisi, lol :)

Tbilisi, lol :)

That question would translate differently depending on where you live in the world. :)

Any ones where I have access to good video games? :lol:

I can't answer any questions regarding Georgia with the exception of a warning not to get stuck in a small town North of Atlanta named Resaca... Hitch hiking to Ft Lauderdale a 100 years ago and my thumb broke down... Couldn't get a ride to save my soul... Finally a U. S. Navy step van pulled over... Turned out to be a Van holding AWOL Sailors... Said if we didn't mind riding in the back with the AWOL crowd they would take us South of Atlanta aways… We jumped in and wasn't to long we were smoking rope with all these fellars… Had a good time...
Anyway I was put on this earth to testify about the greatness of Fried Green Tomato's... Of coarse they have to be fried in Bacon grease to be of any account...
I have sympathy for folks that can't try new culinary delights because of psychological issues...

Usually its simply a dislike for a particular food though, or perhaps allergies or other medical condition, or just because something is not appealing. Such as I have not tried raw oysters and do not expect to. I do like oysters in dressing or properly fried in seasoned breading, but why taste something I know I'll hate? Our daughter finally goaded me into trying sushi. It wasn't horrible but it is something I will never choose on my own unless I was literally starving and it was the only food available.

Never feed wild animals. It is very bad for them in a lot of different ways. Not to mention, it can tend to take away their natural fear of humans which can be very bad for them and us.

One of neighbors is feeding the wild geese bread, which is TERRIBLE for them. They will probably end up getting bound up and could die a terrible and painful death. Not to mention, now there is goose crap all over the place, which is totally disgusting. People are extremely ignorant when it comes to animals.

Every street, in every city in the world has pigeons searching for food. I used to take old bread down to the town when I was doing my shopping, and throw the bread down for the birds. For one thing I felt I owed them, because I used to shoot them when I was a youth. But I have not been getting bread lately so I have not fed them.

Usually its simply a dislike for a particular food though, or perhaps allergies or other medical condition, or just because something is not appealing. Such as I have not tried raw oysters and do not expect to. I do like oysters in dressing or properly fried in seasoned breading, but why taste something I know I'll hate? Our daughter finally goaded me into trying sushi. It wasn't horrible but it is something I will never choose on my own unless I was literally starving and it was the only food available.

Foxy, I knew when I said it, that I shouldn't have... It's better that I sometimes keep my opinion to myself, but the cat is out of the bag... My particular "pet peeve" when it comes to expressing a strong dislike for something and never even attempting to try it just because it sounds "yucky"... Take for instance my distaste for Liver of any kind... I have had liver fixed and placed in front of me by countless people and many various ways... I don't like the taste of liver, but I would try each and ever time... And believe me I was my Mother's biggest disappointment when it came to liver as she loved it. Both of my parents were children of the Great Depression and you know as well as I do, that these folks were taught from birth not to waste anything and I will repeat anything... It was a damn good thing I wasn't picky, because I would probably still be sitting at the supper table if I were...

I don't expect folks to change their dietary habits, I would'nt want anyone to... As a citizen of the Universe I am expected to accept a whole lot of strange things... Some I do and some I don't... People tell me to have an open mind because they see me as an grumpy Oldman yelling "stay off my grass"... Well excuse me as I am going to eat my breakfast... I am having Balut and Fish eyes... :ack-1:

Foxy, I knew when I said it, that I shouldn't have... It's better that I sometimes keep my opinion to myself, but the cat is out of the bag... My particular "pet peeve" when it comes to expressing a strong dislike for something and never even attempting to try it just because it sounds "yucky"... Take for instance my distaste for Liver of any kind... I have had liver fixed and placed in front of me by countless people and many various ways... I don't like the taste of liver, but I would try each and ever time... And believe me I was my Mother's biggest disappointment when it came to liver as she loved it. Both of my parents were children of the Great Depression and you know as well as I do, that these folks were taught from birth not to waste anything and I will repeat anything... It was a damn good thing I wasn't picky, because I would probably still be sitting at the supper table if I were...

I don't expect folks to change their dietary habits, I would'nt want anyone to... As a citizen of the Universe I am expected to accept a whole lot of strange things... Some I do and some I don't... People tell me to have an open mind because they see me as an grumpy Oldman yelling "stay off my grass"... Well excuse me as I am going to eat my breakfast... I am having Balut and Fish eyes... :ack-1:

I didn't mean my post as a criticism. Only an expansion and clarification that choosing to not taste certain foods is for many reasons other than psychological issues. :)

I agree with you that it is good to try unfamiliar things, and I always encouraged my children to try a bite of everything. And if they didn't like it they didn't have to eat it. And explained maybe they weren't old enough for that food yet.

But I am not as generous or perhaps as adventurous as you. If I know I'm not going to enjoy that Chinese hot pepper, I'm not going to bite into it. When I had allergies to a couple of foods, I knew I would regret it if I ate them and usually chose not to. (But if I did, yes, I did regret it.)

And why take a food I am pretty sure I am not going to want to eat? To me it is less rude to pass on a given dish than it is to take a serving I am unlikely to eat.

So I don't like boiled okra or anchovies or jellied eels. I might be a wuss but there is a very broad range of culinary delights that I much enjoy and not enough time (or allotted calories) to eat all of those. One of those includes liver and onions that I love. But Hombre won't touch. :)

I didn't mean my post as a criticism. Only an expansion and clarification that choosing to not taste certain foods is for many reasons other than psychological issues. :)

Ma'am I for sure did not take these posts or any of your posts critically... Were communicating and that is what happens we people cuss and discuss… And for sure I don't think you are a wuss... I am absolutely sure there are few things you haven't tried and if you didn't try something it was for a good reason, such as the Chinese Hot Pepper... I understand that... You have had an experience that tells you all you need to know about said peppers... It is the folks that have not, will not, ain't never going to try something because their mind said "yucky"...

Ma'am I for sure did not take these posts or any of your posts critically... Were communicating and that is what happens we people cuss and discuss… And for sure I don't think you are a wuss... I am absolutely sure there are few things you haven't tried and if you didn't try something it was for a good reason, such as the Chinese Hot Pepper... I understand that... You have had an experience that tells you all you need to know about said peppers... It is the folks that have not, will not, ain't never going to try something because their mind said "yucky"...

But. . .my experience with those Chinese peppers informed me to ask about other hyper spiced foods that I don't even taste now because such foods are unpleasant to me.

And yeah, I opted not to try the jellied eel at a luncheon I attended because it looked yucky. Which was then confirmed by a friend of mine from India, where jellied eels are a gourmet delicacy, who informed me that they are indeed yucky. :)

Hi all, looks like everyone is doing well. First off, waiting to hear about two potential jobs the wife has interviewed for, one is a state job (in Santa Fe) and the other is a state contract job in Roswell. I'm pulling for the Santa Fe job but she's hoping for the Roswell job basically because of the commute up to Santa Fe and back. We should know something soon.
Then just a few minutes ago I saw a couple of sparrows chasing off a huge raven (what the wife calls "black chickens"), apparently it got too close to their nest, one of the sparrows landed on the flying raven's back to attack.

Forum List

Back