USMB Coffee Shop IV

There are ladders and stuff all over my little yard that is mine to do with as I wish...due to construction dudes all over the place. But once it cools off here and they are gone, then I will take that yard to make it mine. :)

One other interesting thing happened after I put the feeder out. Almost every time I went out back the Rufus would zip over and hover about a foot away from my face then zip back over to the feeder. :dunno:
We finally got moved from where we were to my friends house a block over. For such a short distance, its a BIG change. No hummers here. Not many birds in the trees either. Probably because we are right next to a very busy and noisy road. We do have a family of quail that passes thru though. I am hoping once I get my little designated yard fixed up with shrubs and stuff, more birds will come and hang out like what was at the house 5 doors down and around the bend.

Good to see you Gracie. Missed you. Tell us more about the move. Is this the place with all the dogs? I am hoping it is much better for you and Mr. G.
She built a porch for me..to use however I like. This is what I did to it :)

2mw8nbo.jpg

This is my bedroom..with the door leading directly to the porch..which is now my sitting room. I am out there ALL DAY just puttering around in the yard beyond its gate.

16hvlt2.jpg

And this is my tiny bedroom...but not all of it. I am standing in front of my pc desk so there are another 5 feet or so behind me.

1zzkids.jpg

No, Foxy..the lady with all the dogs would be just too damn noisy. This is the lady that owns Casey..the golden retriever I have spoken of that I used to dog sit. :)

It looks great Gracie. For an old 'hippie' you really have a flair for decorating. Not to mention that you are a talented artist. I like your style.

Fall is starting to show itself here. I had a nice drive through the mountains yesterday so pretty.
Here too... after the second rainiest August in history, and September coming in the same way, it's FINALLY COOLER and FAR less humid and the sun is shining this morning. I absolutely love it, had to open some windows. Seems like we went straight from a winter that wouldn't give up it's grips to summer this year and it's been HOT ever since. Never seen my lawn so green and PLUSH though with all this rain.
Seems similar to what we've been going through here. Once things thawed out it got stinking hot, too hot to really work outside more than necessary. Then it started raining in August, and kept raining. Everything got saturated and waterlogged and working in the muck is miserable. Now it is cooler and has stopped raining so much. Time to make hay while the sun shines, or split wood, or whatever other chore I've been putting off. I'm not sure if we'll have a long, cold, snowy winter, or a fairly short, warm year.

Thank you Foxfyre :)

I'm trying my best for a happy one.
Who knows for sure what a 666 birthday will be.
I'll tell you tomorrow. :biggrin:

I don't have any plans today.
I got my special bakery cake from Winchester, Massachusetts yesterday and it's delicious.

I think we Virgos--my birthday is the 19th this month--don't find making birthdays a big deal all that important. But its nice for them to be acknowledged. :) Hombre will let me pick out my birthday present--I am not big on surprises either--and Dana and Betty have already decided to pick up a Dion's pizza and they and Carly the Dachshund and Sally the Shitzu will be over for lunch or dinner that day. And it will be great.

(And I bet millions of people survive a 666 birthday. :) )

I sure hope so! :)
Ever since I was a kid I've wondered what this day might be like for all of us, on this particular day. It will pass, I hope peacefully and happy for us all.
You and Mr. P have the same birthday!

Mr. P is spoiling me rotten, he just went to McDonalds to pick me up their big breakfast meal after I fed him his. Mumbling about I'm not cooking at all today. :)
He has something in the works, because he gets this certain evil grin when he does surprise's.
Well I'm cooking Kielbasa, cabbage and onions right now....... You two can come by and help me eat it. :D
How....fragrant of you!

One other interesting thing happened after I put the feeder out. Almost every time I went out back the Rufus would zip over and hover about a foot away from my face then zip back over to the feeder. :dunno:
We finally got moved from where we were to my friends house a block over. For such a short distance, its a BIG change. No hummers here. Not many birds in the trees either. Probably because we are right next to a very busy and noisy road. We do have a family of quail that passes thru though. I am hoping once I get my little designated yard fixed up with shrubs and stuff, more birds will come and hang out like what was at the house 5 doors down and around the bend.

Good to see you Gracie. Missed you. Tell us more about the move. Is this the place with all the dogs? I am hoping it is much better for you and Mr. G.

2mw8nbo.jpg

This is my bedroom..with the door leading directly to the porch..which is now my sitting room. I am out there ALL DAY just puttering around in the yard beyond its gate.

16hvlt2.jpg

And this is my tiny bedroom...but not all of it. I am standing in front of my pc desk so there are another 5 feet or so behind me.

1zzkids.jpg

No, Foxy..the lady with all the dogs would be just too damn noisy. This is the lady that owns Casey..the golden retriever I have spoken of that I used to dog sit. :)
May you find your peace and happiness where you are now. You deserve some rest. What are Mr. G's digs like?

Our Granddaughter was born this evening (Sept 6th) at 11:15pm. Yeah Foxy a Virgo.....:)

Yes, okay....I'm biased....but she's perfect. Mom and baby are doing great. Sherry's Mom passed away a little over a month ago but she was there tonight. A great day all around.

Our Granddaughter was born this evening (Sept 6th) at 11:15pm. Yeah Foxy a Virgo.....:)

Yes, okay....I'm biased....but she's perfect. Mom and baby are doing great. Sherry's Mom passed away a little over a month ago but she was there tonight. A great day all around.

Woo hoo!!! That's a great way to start off our Friday! Congratulations and get ready for a wild and wonderful ride with that grandbaby. There's nothing like them. And yes, I believe Sherry's mom was right there.

I survived the big 6's ! :lol:
I had a great birthday.
I thank you all for the beautiful cakes and well wishes.

Mr.P brought home a medium rare cooked Steak for me and his own dinner, lovely flowers and a beautiful present. :)

I survived the big 6's ! :lol:
I had a great birthday.
I thank you all for the beautiful cakes and well wishes.

Mr.P brought home a medium rare cooked Steak for me and his own dinner, lovely flowers and a beautiful present. :)
It wasn't a giant peach was it? Some kid named James was just here looking for his, it seems to have disappeared..........

james-giant-peach.jpg

I had to go submit a urine sample for a drug test today, as part of the internship-type thing I'm doing for school this semester. I don't mind that; I haven't done any sort of illicit drugs in years. It was pretty annoying to have to wait for more than an hour to spend 30 second peeing into a cup, though. :p

I just remembered. September 6 is Peach's birthday too. I hope you live long enough to see your granddaughter celebrate her 666 birthday. :)

I just remembered. September 6 is Peach's birthday too. I hope you live long enough to see your granddaughter celebrate her 666 birthday. :)
:eusa_eh:

2mw8nbo.jpg

16hvlt2.jpg

1zzkids.jpg

Gracie, you seem to find family all over the place. :)

That is very cool. Lot's of Virgo's in the Coffee Shop. And no 666 birthday's for anyone. :)

Sherry's youngest is also a Virgo, and he is a really good kid. Way better that I was at his age. Now me....I'm a mean, vicious, Scorpio. We're the worst. They say terrible things about us...and most of it is true...kind of. :D

Anyway, I am glad we could share some good news with Coffee Shop crew. Maybe Sherry will post a few baby pics if she has a chance. :)

Fall is starting to show itself here. I had a nice drive through the mountains yesterday so pretty.
Here too... after the second rainiest August in history, and September coming in the same way, it's FINALLY COOLER and FAR less humid and the sun is shining this morning. I absolutely love it, had to open some windows. Seems like we went straight from a winter that wouldn't give up it's grips to summer this year and it's been HOT ever since. Never seen my lawn so green and PLUSH though with all this rain.
Seems similar to what we've been going through here. Once things thawed out it got stinking hot, too hot to really work outside more than necessary. Then it started raining in August, and kept raining. Everything got saturated and waterlogged and working in the muck is miserable. Now it is cooler and has stopped raining so much. Time to make hay while the sun shines, or split wood, or whatever other chore I've been putting off. I'm not sure if we'll have a long, cold, snowy winter, or a fairly short, warm year.
And I was very grateful it did cool off and got less humid, because I spent ten hours between yesterday and this morning putting this beast together. I don't get the kind of exercise I want, and there aren't any gyms around here, so improvise. Sell the dining room table and turn the back room into my own gym. Yeah like you said GW, it was too hot outside to really work, you only do what was absolutely necessary, and then you're stuck inside all winter again so, I had to do something to get some exercise. I can't just sit around getting soft, it just ain't me. I got into the working out when I was in the Air Force and I've kinda stuck with it since. This is an awesome gym, the Powerline P2X. There really isn't any part of the body you can't work out on here, it has just about everything you'd want. My old Golds gym had a side leg press station but I rarely used it. I can use the leg curls on this. Very, very nicely built, heavy duty, everything went together really nice, if anyone was looking for a home gym I'd have no problem recommending this one...

20180907_151237.jpg

That is very cool. Lot's of Virgo's in the Coffee Shop. And no 666 birthday's for anyone. :)

Sherry's youngest is also a Virgo, and he is a really good kid. Way better that I was at his age. Now me....I'm a mean, vicious, Scorpio. We're the worst. They say terrible things about us...and most of it is true...kind of. :D

Anyway, I am glad we could share some good news with Coffee Shop crew. Maybe Sherry will post a few baby pics if she has a chance. :)

Yes 666 birthday.
I just had mine Sept. 6, turned 66.
The new grand daughter will have her's also when she turns 66. :)

Last edited:

2mw8nbo.jpg

16hvlt2.jpg

1zzkids.jpg

May you find your peace and happiness where you are now. You deserve some rest. What are Mr. G's digs like?
Bigger than my room, wood floors, bathroom. But, its the hottest room in the house..which is why I put him in it cuz he is always cold (blood thinner pills)....and a typical guy room. Kinda messy :D, hence no pic.
I am making the porch even more Gracie-fied. Painting a wall with my favorite folk art birds. When Done..I will take a pic and show it to y'all. :)

But...this place is temporary. When home calls...off we go for our last move. I still miss my beach. And I HATE the summers here. Too damn hot!!

Forum List

Back