USMB Coffee Shop IV

We rejoice at the new arrival, a beautiful granddaughter, in Sherry and WelfareQueen's family. Saturday's have been really quiet in the Coffee Shop lately as everybody has more interesting things to pursue. But wishing all a great weekend.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter post surgery on August 21)
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition

In the waning days of summer, the wildflowers seem to be working extra hard to bloom and make seeds for a spring yet to come.
2%2BOct%2B2015_1_-09-30%2B17.27.27.jpg

Last edited:
Our Granddaughter was born this evening (Sept 6th) at 11:15pm. Yeah Foxy a Virgo.....:)

Yes, okay....I'm biased....but she's perfect. Mom and baby are doing great. Sherry's Mom passed away a little over a month ago but she was there tonight. A great day all around.

I just remembered. September 6 is Peach's birthday too. I hope you live long enough to see your granddaughter celebrate her 666 birthday. :)

That is very cool. Lot's of Virgo's in the Coffee Shop. And no 666 birthday's for anyone. :)

Sherry's youngest is also a Virgo, and he is a really good kid. Way better that I was at his age. Now me....I'm a mean, vicious, Scorpio. We're the worst. They say terrible things about us...and most of it is true...kind of. :D

Anyway, I am glad we could share some good news with Coffee Shop crew. Maybe Sherry will post a few baby pics if she has a chance. :)
Our Granddaughter was born this evening (Sept 6th) at 11:15pm. Yeah Foxy a Virgo.....:)

Yes, okay....I'm biased....but she's perfect. Mom and baby are doing great. Sherry's Mom passed away a little over a month ago but she was there tonight. A great day all around.

I just remembered. September 6 is Peach's birthday too. I hope you live long enough to see your granddaughter celebrate her 666 birthday. :)

That is very cool. Lot's of Virgo's in the Coffee Shop. And no 666 birthday's for anyone. :)

Sherry's youngest is also a Virgo, and he is a really good kid. Way better that I was at his age. Now me....I'm a mean, vicious, Scorpio. We're the worst. They say terrible things about us...and most of it is true...kind of. :D

Anyway, I am glad we could share some good news with Coffee Shop crew. Maybe Sherry will post a few baby pics if she has a chance. :)

Yes 666 birthday.
I just had mine Sept. 6, turned 66.
The new grand daughter will have her's also when she turns 66. :)

I thought Foxy was teasing you. Well....I hope you had a happy birthday. 666 or not. :)

Yes 666 birthday.
I just had mine Sept. 6, turned 66.
The new grand daughter will have her's also when she turns 66. :)

I thought Foxy was teasing you. Well....I hope you had a happy birthday. 666 or not. :)

Me? Teasing? Absolutely not (cough). But yeah, she started it. :)

The weather here now is just extraordinary. I wait for this all year long. Fall is my favorite time of year. After a long, HOT, HUMID summer, it's such an awesome relief, even with winter just around the corner. My shop thermometer says 73 degrees, there's billowy white clouds and slight breeze, it's just fantastic. Life is good.

Congratulations! Just don't blink because if you do, that baby will be all grown up before you know it!

Fall is starting to show itself here. I had a nice drive through the mountains yesterday so pretty.
Here too... after the second rainiest August in history, and September coming in the same way, it's FINALLY COOLER and FAR less humid and the sun is shining this morning. I absolutely love it, had to open some windows. Seems like we went straight from a winter that wouldn't give up it's grips to summer this year and it's been HOT ever since. Never seen my lawn so green and PLUSH though with all this rain.
Seems similar to what we've been going through here. Once things thawed out it got stinking hot, too hot to really work outside more than necessary. Then it started raining in August, and kept raining. Everything got saturated and waterlogged and working in the muck is miserable. Now it is cooler and has stopped raining so much. Time to make hay while the sun shines, or split wood, or whatever other chore I've been putting off. I'm not sure if we'll have a long, cold, snowy winter, or a fairly short, warm year.
And I was very grateful it did cool off and got less humid, because I spent ten hours between yesterday and this morning putting this beast together. I don't get the kind of exercise I want, and there aren't any gyms around here, so improvise. Sell the dining room table and turn the back room into my own gym. Yeah like you said GW, it was too hot outside to really work, you only do what was absolutely necessary, and then you're stuck inside all winter again so, I had to do something to get some exercise. I can't just sit around getting soft, it just ain't me. I got into the working out when I was in the Air Force and I've kinda stuck with it since. This is an awesome gym, the Powerline P2X. There really isn't any part of the body you can't work out on here, it has just about everything you'd want. My old Golds gym had a side leg press station but I rarely used it. I can use the leg curls on this. Very, very nicely built, heavy duty, everything went together really nice, if anyone was looking for a home gym I'd have no problem recommending this one...

20180907_151237.jpg
Nice piece of machinery there, 007! Having livestock means that I get plenty of exercise during the winter, too. I still have to get out and take care of the critters. I'm having a well put in by the end of this month and hope Hoe-zilla will be up and running in time to dig a water line out to the barn. Then comes a frost-free hydrant and the end of my dragging 25-30 gallons to the critters by hand in 5-gallon-jugs. I'll still be working outside on the flight line this winter, too. I'm planning this to be my last winter outside all night. When my current security badge expires, so does my job. I'll probably find something closer to home that requires less time and effort. Lots to do around here, surely.
In the meantime, enjoy your enslavement to "the machine"!:21:

The weather here now is just extraordinary. I wait for this all year long. Fall is my favorite time of year. After a long, HOT, HUMID summer, it's such an awesome relief, even with winter just around the corner. My shop thermometer says 73 degrees, there's billowy white clouds and slight breeze, it's just fantastic. Life is good.

I wish it were here. We're currently at 87 degrees, feels like 95 according to one weather site. The little one had her first soccer game of the season today, and the poor girls were right in the sun in 90 degree heat. We're supposed to have highs in the high 80s or low 90s for the next week and a half. :(

One other interesting thing happened after I put the feeder out. Almost every time I went out back the Rufus would zip over and hover about a foot away from my face then zip back over to the feeder. :dunno:
We finally got moved from where we were to my friends house a block over. For such a short distance, its a BIG change. No hummers here. Not many birds in the trees either. Probably because we are right next to a very busy and noisy road. We do have a family of quail that passes thru though. I am hoping once I get my little designated yard fixed up with shrubs and stuff, more birds will come and hang out like what was at the house 5 doors down and around the bend.

Good to see you Gracie. Missed you. Tell us more about the move. Is this the place with all the dogs? I am hoping it is much better for you and Mr. G.
She built a porch for me..to use however I like. This is what I did to it :)

2mw8nbo.jpg

This is my bedroom..with the door leading directly to the porch..which is now my sitting room. I am out there ALL DAY just puttering around in the yard beyond its gate.

16hvlt2.jpg

And this is my tiny bedroom...but not all of it. I am standing in front of my pc desk so there are another 5 feet or so behind me.

1zzkids.jpg

No, Foxy..the lady with all the dogs would be just too damn noisy. This is the lady that owns Casey..the golden retriever I have spoken of that I used to dog sit. :)
May you find your peace and happiness where you are now. You deserve some rest. What are Mr. G's digs like?
Bigger than my room, wood floors, bathroom. But, its the hottest room in the house..which is why I put him in it cuz he is always cold (blood thinner pills)....and a typical guy room. Kinda messy :D, hence no pic.
I am making the porch even more Gracie-fied. Painting a wall with my favorite folk art birds. When Done..I will take a pic and show it to y'all. :)

But...this place is temporary. When home calls...off we go for our last move. I still miss my beach. And I HATE the summers here. Too damn hot!!
But before that call comes, you have a nicer place now than some hoarder's nest. Pretty decor, though!

Ditto here in Alaska!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I wish it were here. We're currently at 87 degrees, feels like 95 according to one weather site. The little one had her first soccer game of the season today, and the poor girls were right in the sun in 90 degree heat. We're supposed to have highs in the high 80s or low 90s for the next week and a half. :(
Ewwhh! I would perish in such conditions, I believe. 59 here and it's finally temperate enough to be civil.

Dang, pard... that sucks.

It has been a long, HOT, HUMID summer here in Wisconsin. Hotter and more humid than most. We had the second rainiest August in history. Lots of epic flooding. We were lucky as heck here in my little town, we dodged all the flooding, but I shudder to think what would have happened here if we'd have gotten a foot of rain an hour. My house might have been in trouble but I'm on the far end of town away from the Wisconsin River, and this end of town is a little higher than the rest, but my shop is a good six feet higher than the house so, I might have had a place to go that was dry.

Hope it cools down sometime soon for ya there, bro.

Did another Saturday road trip, first stop was going to be Capitan to possibly sell my cuffs at a gallery/antique shop but we ended up stopping in Lincoln at the Murphy-Dolan store/residence for a nature necessary break. Walked in the front door and recognized the guy sitting at the check in desk but couldn't immediately place him at first. Suddenly it dawned on me that it was Drew Gomber, author and historian who has been on numerous western documentary shows.

drew-gomber-lead.jpg

We talked for a little while then headed up to Capitan and discovered the store was closed so headed down to Carrizozo then south to Alamogordo stopping at Three Rivers first then finally back home via Ruidoso.

Congratulations! Just don't blink because if you do, that baby will be all grown up before you know it!

I loved all the baby bonding time I had today, and told my daughter to drink in every precious moment because they change every day during the first several months. Then they start kindergarten, and before you know it they're graduating HS. It's hard to believe that I had my baby girl 29 years ago.:smile:

OK..y'all are gonna think I'm crazy, but bear with me.

I finished the wall painting on the back patio. Anne wanted it BRIGHT and VIVID...and I think I accomplised that. But by the time I got to the vase itself...I was tired. So instead of leaving it plain rusty color..I decided to make squigglies as a pattern on it. Something aztec-ish. So I just slapped some black accent paint on it with the squiggles and called it done.

Now..tell me what you see at the finished results. Look close. Tomorrow sometime, I will tell you what I discovered after sitting out there staring at it while having a cig...butt weary, back aching......but I wanna see if you guys see what I see.

The Irish Ram (cuz she might see it too)

2qly3h5.jpg

I finished the wall painting on the back patio. Anne wanted it BRIGHT and VIVID...and I think I accomplised that. But by the time I got to the vase itself...I was tired. So instead of leaving it plain rusty color..I decided to make squigglies as a pattern on it. Something aztec-ish. So I just slapped some black accent paint on it with the squiggles and called it done.

Now..tell me what you see at the finished results. Look close. Tomorrow sometime, I will tell you what I discovered after sitting out there staring at it while having a cig...butt weary, back aching......but I wanna see if you guys see what I see.

2qly3h5.jpg
Nicely done, Gracie... whatever there is there that I'm not seeing... :lol:

2qly3h5.jpg
Thank you. But look closer at the first and second squiggles between the lines.

Oh, and the top bird is what I fondly call a Bunny Bird, lol. I will try to get closer pics tomorrow. There is more detail in the "leaves" and the two birds that don't show up with that awful pic I took with my phone.

2qly3h5.jpg
Thank you. But look closer at the first and second squiggles between the lines.
You'll have to forgive me, Gracie... I'm just not seeing it. I guess I'm just not very good at cryptography... :)

Oh, and the top bird is what I fondly call a Bunny Bird, lol. I will try to get closer pics tomorrow. There is more detail in the "leaves" and the two birds that don't show up with that awful pic I took with my phone.
I like the birds.

Forum List

Back