USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just got back from the wife's surgeon's appointment, checking out a lump in her butt. She had a CT scan last week, the doc was looking at the report and it may not be all that good. The scan showed not only a lump in her butt but a mass on her spleen, kidneys and lung......... They'll remove the lump in her butt hopefully this Wednesday, if not then the following Wednesday and she sees her cancer doc about everything else later this month. Keep her in your prayers.
Prayers up for Mrs. Ringel. :eusa_pray:
Thanks, I'm actually pretty scared so is the wife of course. I'm scared because years ago my best friend was diagnosed with renal cancer, stage four, even with chemo he was dead in less than a year, if the doctors would have caught it a year before he probably would have survived. We'll know more in the next couple of weeks.

Keeping prayers in my thoughts for your wife. Keep us updated.

Today is the day they meet with the onocologist. Keeping my fingers crossed and the prayers going.

I went to the dentist today for the first time in a long time; they had a deal for cleaning/exam/xray. Turns out I need about $3500 worth of treatment for my gums. :( I might be able to get that down to $2800 with a dental insurance plan they recommended, but I'll have to call and find out about that. Either way, that's going to make a big cut into my savings as I'm heading toward the time I'll be needing to move out.

On the (possibly) plus side, I may not be moving out in December, but staying until more like May. That's still a bit up in the air atm. If it's December, I was counting on having my savings in case it takes longer than I'd like to get a job once I get my degree.

After spending in the neighborhood of $1000 on my car's AC, and some more on other car repairs, some hundreds more on testing and vaccination for my upcoming internship, this sort of expense really sucks. I don't think leaving it to get worse is a great idea, though. :(
Gum work? What kind? I asking because most gum disease is corrected with proper brushing and flossing.

Scaling and root planing (or deep cleaning), then putting in antibiotics.

Do consider getting a second opinion though. A full mouth scaling at my dentist costs about $800 to $900 without insurance. Perhaps they need to do other work such as root canals and crowns that would run the cost up a whole bunch more. But $3800 seems awfully expensive just for scaling and planing.

The scaling and planing would run about $1300, the rest of the cost is the antibiotics they'd put in.
Antibiotics aren't anywhere near that expensive, sounds excessive to me.

Just got back from the wife's surgeon's appointment, checking out a lump in her butt. She had a CT scan last week, the doc was looking at the report and it may not be all that good. The scan showed not only a lump in her butt but a mass on her spleen, kidneys and lung......... They'll remove the lump in her butt hopefully this Wednesday, if not then the following Wednesday and she sees her cancer doc about everything else later this month. Keep her in your prayers.
Prayers up for Mrs. Ringel. :eusa_pray:
Thanks, I'm actually pretty scared so is the wife of course. I'm scared because years ago my best friend was diagnosed with renal cancer, stage four, even with chemo he was dead in less than a year, if the doctors would have caught it a year before he probably would have survived. We'll know more in the next couple of weeks.

Keeping prayers in my thoughts for your wife. Keep us updated.

Today is the day they meet with the onocologist. Keeping my fingers crossed and the prayers going.
Not yet, today was the day they took the lump out of her butt, the mass he removed was 2 inches in diameter. She's on the phone now with the cancer center.

I was going to give this info to Ringel via private message but then I thought why not inform everybody. Most of us will either have cancer or have someone close to us who receives that dreaded diagnosis.

We have dear friends in the north Texas Panhandle. Tommy was in his 60's when a cancer developed on his ear and he ignored it until we was well into his 70's. By that time it had involved most of his ear that was black and becoming painful. When he consulted an onocologist all they could offer him was amputation of the ear and chemo but not a great deal of hope for a cure and a strong probability it had metastacized.

He opted instead to go with something called the Budwig Protocol developed by a scientist physician, Johanna Budwig in Germany. Now most medical people will tell you this offers some good nutrition but is essentially a snake oil fantasy and there is no study showing this to be an effective cure for cancer or anything else.

But, he followed her program faithfully. Within two weeks he noticed considerably less pain and by six weeks the tumor(s) had shrunk significantly. He stayed on the program following it faithfully--and that was no mean feat for a meat and potatoes staunch Texas farmer/rancher type. Within six months he returned to his onocologist in Amarillo and was pronounced cancer free. They just told him whatever he was doing keep it up.

Others report good results using the protocol to help with arthritis and other auto immune type illnesses.

He no longer stays on the strict protocol but is on a much less strict maintenance program that utilizes a lot of the recipes etc. which means he eats a lot healthier, but he can also enjoy an off-diet treat once in awhile. That was five years ago and he is still cancer free.

I am NOT saying anybody should do this or go against doctor's advice. But when Hombre's sister could not tolerate chemo for colon cancer, she is trying this. So far so good though too soon for a verdict. But if you want to roll the dice, this option is out there. I am going on it myself.

IMPORTANT: Do use the authentic Budwig program Dr. Budwig developed as there are groups calling themselves Budwig Centers who don't really follow her program religiously. You can order her books, translated into English, on line--Amazon.com for instance--and there is good information on line. Hombre and I do frequently have the morning flax oil/cottage cheese quark with fresh ground flax seed smoothie in lieu of breakfast and it does wonders for our overall health. Doing the 24/7 protocol will involve that morning smoothie, but also lots of other do's and don'ts better researched on line or from her book(s).

Dr. Budwig died in 2003 at the age of 95 but many are still using her protocol and it sure won't hurt anybody. And if it works, well, I still believe in miracles.

Last edited:
Pretty stressful lately, even though we both had a fairly good night's sleep we both ended up taking early afternoon naps. She slept for two hours, I fell asleep in my office chair for three hours. One minute I was playing solitaire the next thing I know it I was waking up and it was 5 PM.............

Pretty stressful lately, even though we both had a fairly good night's sleep we both ended up taking early afternoon naps. She slept for two hours, I fell asleep in my office chair for three hours. One minute I was playing solitaire the next thing I know it I was waking up and it was 5 PM.............

There is a young lady on FB, a local, who has fought long and hard against cancer. She has the best attitude and smile you have ever seen. I am inspired and humbled often.

Snowed at my house this morning too 007. Not ready for this... just saying.
For some reason I think we could be in for a doozie this winter, pard, if for no other reason than we're really overdue. We just haven't had a bad winter for a long time, I'd say 5 years at least. I remember it was pretty cold for awhile 5 years or so ago, and we got more snow than we have had, but the last 4 years we really haven't gotten squat. I just feel it... I think we're going to get slammed this winter. I'm ready anyway... I've been wondering why I bought the big snow blower attachment for the John Deere anyway... :eusa_eh:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie
Hombre's sister
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away for awhile can find their way back. And rejoice whenever somebody does!!!!

Autumn in WIsconsin
8117590992_b111506f43_b.jpg

In the last 4 days we've had mist and rain though mostly mist as the clouds are literally hugging the ground. Looks like we might get a brief respite then more rain/mist. That's a good thing however I miss the bright warm sun...........

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
In the last 4 days we've had mist and rain though mostly mist as the clouds are literally hugging the ground. Looks like we might get a brief respite then more rain/mist. That's a good thing however I miss the bright warm sun...........
It's been a deluge around here for a week. Today, though, there's been a slight letup, although the cloud cover is ever present. It's also 20 degrees colder than usual Octobers. It makes you wonder if the North Pole has moved a little toward the south... Nah, they say it's all water temperature in greater oceana

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It's been a deluge around here for a week. Today, though, there's been a slight letup, although the cloud cover is ever present. It's also 20 degrees colder than usual Octobers. It makes you wonder if the North Pole has moved a little toward the south... Nah, they say it's all water temperature in greater oceana
Yeah, with any luck we'll have a colder, wetter winter this year. Well luck for us in the drought stricken areas not so much for people in areas that are already wet.

Monday morning was frozen. Ice on the puddles and frost on everything else. This is only the second frosty morning here and it's mid-October already. This morning, we were back up to 45F, no frost but it had poured rain all night. Everything is saturated and walking anywhere in the yard means having to have the mud boots on. This really sucks because the weight of the rain pooling in some of my temporary shelters has collapsed them. As soon as I've done my lunch, I'm going out and going to try to reinforce those that are still salvageable.
The well diggers came yesterday. They hit bedrock at about 70 ft. Today they have been digging through what looks like red sandstone, almost Georgia red. The well they drilled last week made water after about 260 ft. We're higher than that property but I certainly hope we don't have to go too much deeper for water. These guys charge $42/linear foot! And after we get water, we'll have to have the pump installed. But I am looking forward to having my own water source on site. I won't have to tote those 5 gal containers from town anymore.
Hope you give us an update on how the new well is working out. My well went down about a month ago, and it wasn't cheap to get new pipes put in as deep down as they had to go. It took 3 of them hours to replace pipes, and then they had to run off a lot of the cloudy water until it turned clear and clean again. It can be a hundred degrees here for over a month in summertime, but as long as I've been here, the water is cold all year around. I'm guessing we're over a huge underground lake with waters originating in Canadian glaciers many hundreds of miles up north. It's still cold when it gets here, and stays cold whatever the weather. That's nice most of the year. Just sayin'.

Yeah, with any luck we'll have a colder, wetter winter this year. Well luck for us in the drought stricken areas not so much for people in areas that are already wet.
When living in Wyoming for 35 years, almost every year was a drought. The only year that I recall having decent rainfall was the year following the Good Friday snowstorm in or near to 1983. Found some pictures that are very close to what I remember. We were housebound for nearly a week.

th
th
th
th

When living in Wyoming for 35 years, almost every year was a drought. The only year that I recall having decent rainfall was the year following the Good Friday snowstorm in or near to 1983. Found some pictures that are very close to what I remember. We were housebound for nearly a week.

th
th
th
th
Reminds me of the Colorado Rockies in the mid 70s.

th
th
th
th
Reminds me of the Colorado Rockies in the mid 70s.
Denver and Casper were both mile-high cities, But the Silver State had spring when we of the Equality State were pretty snowed in come March and April. That Good Friday storm was the worse I remember, but I'm not sure I had the year right. Also, some of those pictures I chose just looked like what we had. I'm not sure where they were actually taken. 12 feet of snow in two days can look pretty much the same, wherever else it falls. The Rockies frequently have huge snow buildups, in whatever state of the US or Canada in which they are closer to the sun.

Forum List

Back