USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie
Hombre's sister
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away for awhile can find their way back. And rejoice whenever somebody does!!!!

Autumn in Georgia
fallleaves_getty.jpg

Good morning everybody. Today is house tidying, a bit of grocery shopping for our Sunday luncheon, and hours and hours and hours and HOURS of college football. I am in Pro and College pickems groups and have a fantasy football team, but I'm still really REALLY glad when football season is over. :)

44383282_1914664285288547_6670326975124471808_n.jpg

Good morning everybody. Today is house tidying, a bit of grocery shopping for our Sunday luncheon, and hours and hours and hours and HOURS of college football. I am in Pro and College pickems groups and have a fantasy football team, but I'm still really REALLY glad when football season is over. :)

44383282_1914664285288547_6670326975124471808_n.jpg

I don't pay attention to college football. On the other hand, season 3 of Daredevil is out on Netflix, and I'm the only one in the house today, so today may be a binge-watching day for me. :p

Just checking in before heading to the grocery store. Thought you might enjoy this rare photo of a mother wrench feeding her young:

44129404_1319810434828768_6343348855727194112_n.png

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Monday morning was frozen. Ice on the puddles and frost on everything else. This is only the second frosty morning here and it's mid-October already. This morning, we were back up to 45F, no frost but it had poured rain all night. Everything is saturated and walking anywhere in the yard means having to have the mud boots on. This really sucks because the weight of the rain pooling in some of my temporary shelters has collapsed them. As soon as I've done my lunch, I'm going out and going to try to reinforce those that are still salvageable.
The well diggers came yesterday. They hit bedrock at about 70 ft. Today they have been digging through what looks like red sandstone, almost Georgia red. The well they drilled last week made water after about 260 ft. We're higher than that property but I certainly hope we don't have to go too much deeper for water. These guys charge $42/linear foot! And after we get water, we'll have to have the pump installed. But I am looking forward to having my own water source on site. I won't have to tote those 5 gal containers from town anymore.
Hope you give us an update on how the new well is working out. My well went down about a month ago, and it wasn't cheap to get new pipes put in as deep down as they had to go. It took 3 of them hours to replace pipes, and then they had to run off a lot of the cloudy water until it turned clear and clean again. It can be a hundred degrees here for over a month in summertime, but as long as I've been here, the water is cold all year around. I'm guessing we're over a huge underground lake with waters originating in Canadian glaciers many hundreds of miles up north. It's still cold when it gets here, and stays cold whatever the weather. That's nice most of the year. Just sayin'.
Well (pun intended), they drilled to about 340 ft and the water blew out of the hole! These guys drill most wells between here and Fairbanks and they told me they had NEVER seen so much water out of a bedrock well. They were getting 50 gal/MIN!. I now have more than enough water than I'll ever need for a dairy. The well went to 340 ft before hitting plenty of water and the head pressure brings the level up to about 75 ft from the surface. Just the hole cost me over $15000, the pump will cost more but we'll dig the supply lines our self. Having a reliable water supply is well worth the cost. And, it's not unusual for this area for a well to cost this much.
I think you will have very clean water for life, gallantwarrior. Needless to mention, if you ever sell, you will reclaim the expense of the well in property value, I hope. I'm so glad you have your own precious source. Now if my well runs out of cold water here in Walker County sometime this winter, I'll know it went up in the air at your place up north! :auiqs.jpg: (just kidding) Here are some aquifers in the US, but it doesn't speak about the sources nor show tinier ones. I don't understand why I get such good, cold water even in the hottest months of the year that follow summer's solstice and often up through Christmas Day. The [pipes we replaced last month went down 320 feet, I think they said.
groundwater3.jpg

I think well water stays a pretty standard temperature within a certain depth, like caves stay cooler as you go deeper, but the water won't freeze unless it's close to the surface. 320 seems pretty deep, though, just like the hole they punched into the ground up here.

Yes. Our well up on the mountain was very deep and the water temp straight from the well was constant. And it was cold. However the water was pumped into a pressure tank that gave us good water pressure in the house and if the water sat in the tank for awhile before we used it, it would be whatever the temperature was in the garage.
And so it will be here, too.

Just got back from the wife's surgeon's appointment, checking out a lump in her butt. She had a CT scan last week, the doc was looking at the report and it may not be all that good. The scan showed not only a lump in her butt but a mass on her spleen, kidneys and lung......... They'll remove the lump in her butt hopefully this Wednesday, if not then the following Wednesday and she sees her cancer doc about everything else later this month. Keep her in your prayers.

WQ and I will most definitely keep you both in our prayers. :huddle:

How are you guys doing after your hurricane?
I hope all is fine.

Thanks, Peach. We came out unscathed here on the Nature Coast.:thup:
So happy you were safe, Sherry. I've been praying for your not-so-fortunate fellow Floridians who lost an awful lot there.

SNOWED here today, second time, hard for a time. Didn't really accumulate but wow, this is OCTOBER. Glad I ordered that cab for the John Deere, and never thought I'd ever have to hurry to get the snowblower and such on the JD this early but I'm thinking I better get to it.

I went metal detecting all day with my boyfriend and bro in law. We had a lot of fun. My boyfriend has a drone and flew it around while me and bro in law went digging.

Now I'm all tired and have no weed or kratom SO sad!
VERY COOL, drifter... can I ask what kind of metal detector you have?

I went metal detecting all day with my boyfriend and bro in law. We had a lot of fun. My boyfriend has a drone and flew it around while me and bro in law went digging.

Mines a mine lab. It's like this one. I am learning how to metal detect from my bro in law.

4948.jpg

• Thanks

Mines a mine lab. It's like this one. I am learning how to metal detect from my bro in law.

4948.jpg
Man that's cool. I used to have an old Whites that my Dad gave me. I had a lot of fun with that and found some cool stuff. I've looked at new ones on Amazon many times and even have this one... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006J61ZKS/?tag=ff0d01-20 ... saved in my wish list. I've tried to read up on what they do and reviews and pick out a good one that wasn't really expensive. I have the pouch and digger tool and small detector wand saved in my list too. I'll buy that one of these days.

4948.jpg
Man that's cool. I used to have an old Whites that my Dad gave me. I had a lot of fun with that and found some cool stuff. I've looked at new ones on Amazon many times and even have this one... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006J61ZKS/?tag=ff0d01-20 ... saved in my wish list. I've tried to read up on what they do and reviews and pick out a good one that wasn't really expensive. I have the pouch and digger tool and small detector wand saved in my list too. I'll buy that one of these days.

Garrett's real good. Do you look for Gold and Silver or coins and relics or everything?

• Thanks

4948.jpg

Garrett's real good. Do you look for Gold and Silver or coins and relics or everything?
Whatever I can find... :lol:

Not going to find any gold around here in Wisconsin unless it's jewelry, but lost coins and stuff is fun to look for, old fairgrounds and around old house foundations, it's just a lot of fun as you well know. I wish I had another one... now I want another one... :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie
Hombre's sister
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away for awhile can find their way back. And rejoice whenever somebody does!!!!

Autumn in New Mexico
44315832_10218019638661906_6181176834864971776_n.jpg

Forum List

Back