USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yeah but more may be on the way. Hurricane Willa is hitting the Mexican west coast between Mazatain and Puerto Vallarta heading northeast. We're expecting upwards of three inches of rain over the next couple of days because of it.
Oh, no! Gonna have to revamp expenditures to include another rain coat this week. lol It rained all night long last night. "When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping!" Needless to mention, the old umbrella decided to stay hidden from wherever it was put a few weeks ago. :crying:
Ya might want to consider something more useful than an umbrella.......

SociableInbornBorer-size_restricted.gif
Yebbut a raincoat and umbrella are cheaper...

th
Well you can turn the raincoat into a life vest and use the umbrella as a sail........

It really doesn't seem fair that Texas is getting all that rain they don't need and we aren't getting much when we desperately need it. The Rio Grande is as low as I've ever seen it and everything is pretty parched despite some light intermittent showers this past week. So we need good soaking rains and we could get some today, but it will be drying out again tomorrow though hopefully we will have a wetter than usual winter.

On the other hand, looking at the path of Hurricane Willa, it does look like Beautress will be the bulls eye of all that moisture pushing inland and is forecast to bring flooding rain. And ya'll sure don't need it. So keep your powder dry and all that.

It's sad to hear it. If the way to share rain through distance exists, you could take some of rains from here :) It seems, women autumn just ended, there are only fallen leaves and rain weather without cold days. Maybe you should visit Moscow these days? (to take a part at Moscow hackaton of MLH - have you ever seen true Russian hackers? :))

Oh, no! Gonna have to revamp expenditures to include another rain coat this week. lol It rained all night long last night. "When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping!" Needless to mention, the old umbrella decided to stay hidden from wherever it was put a few weeks ago. :crying:

th
Well you can turn the raincoat into a life vest and use the umbrella as a sail........

It really doesn't seem fair that Texas is getting all that rain they don't need and we aren't getting much when we desperately need it. The Rio Grande is as low as I've ever seen it and everything is pretty parched despite some light intermittent showers this past week. So we need good soaking rains and we could get some today, but it will be drying out again tomorrow though hopefully we will have a wetter than usual winter.

On the other hand, looking at the path of Hurricane Willa, it does look like Beautress will be the bulls eye of all that moisture pushing inland and is forecast to bring flooding rain. And ya'll sure don't need it. So keep your powder dry and all that.
Willa's supposed to be so massive, maybe it will shed some wet stuff in your direction. I'm willing to give a little rain back to anyone who needs it!

Let's organize a business for rain delivery. We'll take prepaid of 100$ from any who wants rain next day and honestly return it, if next day will be dry :) We don't sell rain, but we sell hope! :))

Rain, rain, go away! *sigh*
Yeah but more may be on the way. Hurricane Willa is hitting the Mexican west coast between Mazatain and Puerto Vallarta heading northeast. We're expecting upwards of three inches of rain over the next couple of days because of it.

Do you mean two umbrellas? :)

th

Willa's supposed to be so massive, maybe it will shed some wet stuff in your direction. I'm willing to give a little rain back to anyone who needs it!

Let's organize a business for rain delivery. We'll take prepaid of 100$ from any who wants rain next day and honestly return it, if next day will be dry :) We don't sell rain, but we sell hope! :))

Hey sbiker. Good to see you. Have been missing you and hope you have been well.

Most of what I know of Russia is from the movies, documentaries, and the histories I have read plus a few Russian friends and associates along the way. To us, Russia really isn't seen as a vacation destination as much as other parts of Europe or Asia, but I would like to visit there just the same.

Rain, rain, go away! *sigh*

Do you mean two umbrellas? :)
Yes. The first one to use now and the other to use when I lose the first one. :9-21:

In bed early last night. It was my turn to meet Amazon at 4:30 am today. Just as I get into bed Mrs. Liberty informs me that my mom is going in for back surgery TODAY. Some sort of bone spur pressing on her nerve causing a great deal of leg pain. All seems well, had to travel 90 minutes one way to the hospital though.
I hope the surgery is successful. Back pain, and associated other (leg) pain is pretty debilitating. Otherwise healthy older people can be crippled by that kind of thing. Good luck!

Rain, again!!! It poured all last night. It was about 42F when I got up around 5 am, made a pot of coffee, started a fire, and settled in to read for a couple of hours. If this rain keeps up, we'll have some record-breaking snows when Winter finally does show up. I'm making sure my snow blowers are working well. At least I've had some reprieve getting things more in order for the snowy season. No matter how much you do, you are never quite prepared.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Rain, again!!! It poured all last night. It was about 42F when I got up around 5 am, made a pot of coffee, started a fire, and settled in to read for a couple of hours. If this rain keeps up, we'll have some record-breaking snows when Winter finally does show up. I'm making sure my snow blowers are working well. At least I've had some reprieve getting things more in order for the snowy season. No matter how much you do, you are never quite prepared.
Brrrr, gallantwarrior. 42F is a chilly rain! Hope you have one of those good vinyl ponchos to wear over your jacket. Stay warm! It rained all night here, what else!

Brrrr, gallantwarrior. 42F is a chilly rain! Hope you have one of those good vinyl ponchos to wear over your jacket. Stay warm! It rained all night here, what else!

It rained all night here too which is extremely unusual for us--a slow gentle soaking rain so desperately needed. Of course we appreciate it and desperately needed it unlike the folks in your part of the world.

It's all relevant, I suppose. 42F this late in the year means we're breaking heat records. It does make a cold, miserable work environment, though. Ponchos are difficult to work in so I prefer a decent quality gortex jacket and pants as well as Extra tough work boots. The problem at these temps is you work up enough sweat that you're going to be wet inside the gear, just the same. It does look like we'll have a low-rain day, so work will be wet but not totally miserable. I'll still have to cut, saw, hammer, and screw wet, slippery materials...suxs!

It rained all night here too which is extremely unusual for us--a slow gentle soaking rain so desperately needed. Of course we appreciate it and desperately needed it unlike the folks in your part of the world.
Ya want some more rain? I'd gladly bottle it and send it your way but I doubt it would make much difference here.

Ya want some more rain? I'd gladly bottle it and send it your way but I doubt it would make much difference here.

We can't handle enough bottled rain here. How about digging a canal?

Well, I didn’t win that 1.6 billion dollar lottery that was drawn last night. However, I did have one of the winning numbers on my ticket. Seems like to me the ticket I had should be worth at least a million dollars but Darla up at the service station said no soap. Even made me pay for my coffee this morning... I tell you there’s no justice in this old world.

Well, I didn’t win that 1.6 billion dollar lottery that was drawn last night. However, I did have one of the winning numbers on my ticket. Seems like to me the ticket I had should be worth at least a million dollars but Darla up at the service station said no soap. Even made me pay for my coffee this morning... I tell you there’s no justice in this old world.

Well better luck next time. With the odds something like 330 million to one or some such, I don't usually bother buying a ticket. But I really do know that if God wants me to win the lottery, he expects me to buy a ticket. :)

In bed early last night. It was my turn to meet Amazon at 4:30 am today. Just as I get into bed Mrs. Liberty informs me that my mom is going in for back surgery TODAY. Some sort of bone spur pressing on her nerve causing a great deal of leg pain. All seems well, had to travel 90 minutes one way to the hospital though.

So she had the surgery and it was successful? She'll go on the list until we know.

Back home and things seem to be going well.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie
Hombre's sister
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

With clearing skies, I hope most of us will be able to see the beautiful full hunter's moon tonight
Autumn-moon-1280x1280.jpg

Oh, my! It's noon here at central time, and I haven't sewn a single strip to another in the quilt room of my house. Meanwhile, it's back to the rotary cutting mat upstairs!

th
upload_2018-10-25_12-39-29.jpeg
th
th
th
th

So many quilts, too little time...

Forum List

Back