USMB Coffee Shop IV

:love_ya4:

photo-1527067963041-0b1808f6b9a3

Saw the wife's surgeon this afternoon for a follow up. The mass they removed is a sarcoma, low grade. Dropped off the medical report with the oncologist's office and hope to see him next week, maybe Monday. We'll know where we go from there, what course of action he'll recommend.

At least they can make a plan to treat it since it's low grade.
True but low grade only means slow growing. The real problem is it's a sarcoma not a carcinoma, sarcomas are rare and the most difficult to treat, the five year survival rate for localized is high (83%) but when it goes regional the rate drops to 50%, if it's a distant spread it drops to 16%. This does not mean it's cured, just that it's controlled.

Yes, they are most often treated by removing them. But if that is not an option, and no reasonable treatment plan is offered, there are still the holistic methods to deal with it.

Saw the wife's surgeon this afternoon for a follow up. The mass they removed is a sarcoma, low grade. Dropped off the medical report with the oncologist's office and hope to see him next week, maybe Monday. We'll know where we go from there, what course of action he'll recommend.
Crossing my hooks for Mrs R, and you too. Best of luck.
Thanks, today has been rough for me, stress exhaustion and finally anger. Not at my wife but at the situation. She's scared but doing better than I am.......

Hang in there...….she's going to need you. Hugs & prayers to you both :smiliehug:

Thanks, today has been rough for me, stress exhaustion and finally anger. Not at my wife but at the situation. She's scared but doing better than I am.......

Hang in there...….she's going to need you. Hugs & prayers to you both :smiliehug:

A warm Coffee Shop welcome to JustAnotherNut. Unless you are a blast from the past with a new name, I believe this is your first visit to the Coffee Shop and we're so happy you found us. Be sure to read over the OP to see what we are all about here and I won't tell you to join right in because you already did. :)

First timers get a complimentary beverage and since it is getting close to bed time for most of us, I'll make it something soothing:

20161130-hot-cocktail-recipes-roundup-01.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie
Hombre's sister
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Autumn in Utah
utahautumnleaves.jpg

Welcome, JustAnotherNut! It's wonderful to hear another person wishing Mrs. Ringel well. Mr. Ringel is a card, and he never disappoints with his wit and good humor and in the face of having Mrs. R fighting it out with her health issues, too.

Went for a drive, the wife loves going for drives, helps her relax so went over the mountains to Alamogordo. Stopped in Ruidoso at the Denny's for breakfast......... friggin' $30 for a breakfast!! No wonder we rarely do that any more. On the way back stopped at the Peter Hurd museum/gallery in San Patricio were we met his son Michael, an acclaimed artist in his own right. Absolutely wonderful work by him, his dad and his mother Henrietta Wyeth the eldest daughter of N.C. Wyeth whom Peter studied under for a decade.
Supposedly once he became famous he became quite the recluse and was extremely critical of and rude to almost all others locking himself in his work closet with a sign that read; "Unless it's the second coming of Christ don't bother me."

Hi everybody! Just checking in to say just that and my hand is healing well. It's still sore, but no longer as inflamed as it was a week ago. The stitches itch.

Daisy the Mutt, Mom and the rest of the family are doing well. My Wednesday night movie program is less than two weeks away. Posters and handbills are all over town. I hope I get a good turn out.

I may not be as frequent a visitor on the board as usual. The atmosphere out there is a bit too caustic for my taste. I will, however, continue to offer up my random musings and stories here from time to time.

Have a grand autumn and a spooky Halloween!

By the way, Nosmo, we've been missing you and your ongoing anthology. And I agree much of the board is way too uncivil for my tastes. So happy to know you still plan to be here from time to time. :)

Love those museums too, Ringel! My fave is the Cottrell Butterfly Center at the Planetarium down in Houston. It's so far, haven't been there since my dear one passed. He loved walking through the Natural Museum of Science which adjoins both, up stairs twice, a main floor, and basement. It takes all day to see everything and take in a star spread at the planetarium, not to mention the 3-story waterfall at the butterfly center there. The short tour:
th
th
th
upload_2018-10-27_20-0-55.jpeg

th
th
upload_2018-10-27_20-3-9.jpeg
th

There are just dozens and dozens of different types of butterflies, all totally beautiful! And they have every plant exotic butterflies love, from all corners of the globe.
Have a lovely evening, all. :)

Love those museums too, Ringel! My fave is the Cottrell Butterfly Center at the Planetarium down in Houston. It's so far, haven't been there since my dear one passed. He loved walking through the Natural Museum of Science which adjoins both, up stairs twice, a main floor, and basement. It takes all day to see everything and take in a star spread at the planetarium, not to mention the 3-story waterfall at the butterfly center there. The short tour:
th
th
th
View attachment 225209
th
th
View attachment 225210
th

There are just dozens and dozens of different types of butterflies, all totally beautiful! And they have every plant exotic butterflies love, from all corners of the globe.
Have a lovely evening, all. :)

Hombre and I are museum people too, though he generally favors the history and military stuff more than the science and nature side. The Museum of Natural History and Science is my favorite place in all of Albuquerque. I never get tired of it. It has a wonderful theater showing great historical and science documentaries mostly in 3D and a wonderful planetarium as well as really interesting and always changing exhibits, some hands on. I wish I was closer and I would spend a lot of time there as a volunteer. :)

Welcome, JustAnotherNut! It's wonderful to hear another person wishing Mrs. Ringel well. Mr. Ringel is a card, and he never disappoints with his wit and good humor and in the face of having Mrs. R fighting it out with her health issues, too.

I can fully appreciate & empathize with anyone fighting serious health issues. I've had a few of my own and currently my husband as well.

I can also empathize with the mix of feelings Ringel described and have had enough experience with it to know that it's probably not over & will feel that way many more times. And I'd guess that Mrs Ringel is probably more scared than she's letting on. Mr Ringel will need every ounce of strength he can muster, not just for her but himself as well. That 'wit & good humor' goes along way to keep the despair away.

And thank you and Foxfyre for the generous welcomes. I may need to visit here more often.

I can fully appreciate & empathize with anyone fighting serious health issues. I've had a few of my own and currently my husband as well.

I can also empathize with the mix of feelings Ringel described and have had enough experience with it to know that it's probably not over & will feel that way many more times. And I'd guess that Mrs Ringel is probably more scared than she's letting on. Mr Ringel will need every ounce of strength he can muster, not just for her but himself as well. That 'wit & good humor' goes along way to keep the despair away.

And thank you and Foxfyre for the generous welcomes. I may need to visit here more often.

It is a welcoming place JAN--neat acronym for your screen name, yes? :)

Seriously you do get to know people here in a more 'normal' interaction than most places on the internet. And the Coffee Shop has been a place to joke and laugh and cry and hope and share and rejoice and mourn and encourage and support each other for a lot of years now. And it is a safe space to come just to take a break from the sometimes heavy vitriol and insanity that seems rampant on the internet these days.

Okay, I can't promise sanity in here either. :) But at least it won't be mean.

Seriously you do get to know people here in a more 'normal' interaction than most places on the internet. And the Coffee Shop has been a place to joke and laugh and cry and hope and share and rejoice and mourn and encourage and support each other for a lot of years now. And it is a safe space to come just to take a break from the sometimes heavy vitriol and insanity that seems rampant on the internet these days.

That is not my real name, but it will do.

I'll admit I spend most of my time on this board, right in the middle of that vicious insanity...…….strangely it's my stress reliever. Those political battles provide a choice of either winning the argument or walking away...….a choice I don't have at home.

Then there are times I don't want to fight.....so it's good to know there is a safe place when needed.

I'll admit I spend most of my time on this board, right in the middle of that vicious insanity...…….strangely it's my stress reliever. Those political battles provide a choice of either winning the argument or walking away...….a choice I don't have at home.

Then there are times I don't want to fight.....so it's good to know there is a safe place when needed.

Without divulging any more personal information than you are really comfortable with in this environment, what part of the country or world do you hail from?

Without divulging any more personal information than you are really comfortable with in this environment, what part of the country or world do you hail from?

Most of 'my story' isn't really a secret, I've posted much of it all over the board but I'm in Washington state...….that cold wet PNW

Oh, my! It's noon here at central time, and I haven't sewn a single strip to another in the quilt room of my house. Meanwhile, it's back to the rotary cutting mat upstairs!

th
View attachment 224729
th
th
th
th

So many quilts, too little time...

You are fortunate to have the talent of quilting. It's something I've always admired, but never had the patience for.

When I was a child and staying with cousins, we had went somewhere that a group of ladies caught my eye and the task before them had me in awe. I found out later they were hand quilting around a huge wooden frame, talking, laughing and hands busy. I was fascinated. I'd tried several times over the years, but never could figure it out.

Most of 'my story' isn't really a secret, I've posted much of it all over the board but I'm in Washington state...….that cold wet PNW

Ah okay. I don't think we have anybody else from Washington State.except maybe AgainSheila that I think was from there. Or maybe Oregon? At any rate we have people here from all over America and several other countries.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie
Hombre's sister
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Autumn in Washington State
Mount-Rainier-Fall-Colors-Photo-Credit-Mike-Peters.jpg

Rain, again!!! It poured all last night. It was about 42F when I got up around 5 am, made a pot of coffee, started a fire, and settled in to read for a couple of hours. If this rain keeps up, we'll have some record-breaking snows when Winter finally does show up. I'm making sure my snow blowers are working well. At least I've had some reprieve getting things more in order for the snowy season. No matter how much you do, you are never quite prepared.
We sure do have a lot of similar weather here in Wisconsin, pard, and I agree about winter coming. We have probably moved into the second rainiest year in history for here, and if that keeps up into Winter, man we're in for it. So I put a cab on the John Deere, because it never seemed to matter if there was a breeze or not, since my driveway is an L shape, it didn't matter what direction you were going I always got covered with a blow back mist of snow, and by the time I was done I was covered from head to toe, glasses covered, could barely see, wet, cold... well no more of that... I'm going to be nice and dry and toasty now...

20181024-173533.jpg

Forum List

Back