USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hi everybody! Just checking in to say just that and my hand is healing well. It's still sore, but no longer as inflamed as it was a week ago. The stitches itch.

Daisy the Mutt, Mom and the rest of the family are doing well. My Wednesday night movie program is less than two weeks away. Posters and handbills are all over town. I hope I get a good turn out.

I may not be as frequent a visitor on the board as usual. The atmosphere out there is a bit too caustic for my taste. I will, however, continue to offer up my random musings and stories here from time to time.

Have a grand autumn and a spooky Halloween!

Beautress, you sound like my wife! She quilts all the time. We just returned from a trip to Shipshewana, IN. It’s an Amish community that has several fabric stores that my dear Mrs. BBD loves to shop in. She left her mark there as she always does. Thought I might have to rent a U-Haul trailer to bring all of her treasures back home. I have to admit though, she makes beautiful hand stitched quilts.

Oh, my! It's noon here at central time, and I haven't sewn a single strip to another in the quilt room of my house. Meanwhile, it's back to the rotary cutting mat upstairs!

th
View attachment 224729
th
th
th
th

So many quilts, too little time...

Everybody who does serious quilting has a quilt room somewhere in their house. At least everybody I know who are serious quilters do. :)

Oh, my! It's noon here at central time, and I haven't sewn a single strip to another in the quilt room of my house. Meanwhile, it's back to the rotary cutting mat upstairs!

th
View attachment 224729
th
th
th
th

So many quilts, too little time...

Everybody who does serious quilting has a quilt room somewhere in their house. At least everybody I know who are serious quilters do. :)
I'm set with a future crafting room upstairs in the small storage shed. I'm hoping to contact beautress on a more personal level to gain her mentoring when I finally retire next year.

Saw the wife's surgeon this afternoon for a follow up. The mass they removed is a sarcoma, low grade. Dropped off the medical report with the oncologist's office and hope to see him next week, maybe Monday. We'll know where we go from there, what course of action he'll recommend.

Yebbut a raincoat and umbrella are cheaper...

th
Well you can turn the raincoat into a life vest and use the umbrella as a sail........

It really doesn't seem fair that Texas is getting all that rain they don't need and we aren't getting much when we desperately need it. The Rio Grande is as low as I've ever seen it and everything is pretty parched despite some light intermittent showers this past week. So we need good soaking rains and we could get some today, but it will be drying out again tomorrow though hopefully we will have a wetter than usual winter.

On the other hand, looking at the path of Hurricane Willa, it does look like Beautress will be the bulls eye of all that moisture pushing inland and is forecast to bring flooding rain. And ya'll sure don't need it. So keep your powder dry and all that.
Willa's supposed to be so massive, maybe it will shed some wet stuff in your direction. I'm willing to give a little rain back to anyone who needs it!

Let's organize a business for rain delivery. We'll take prepaid of 100$ from any who wants rain next day and honestly return it, if next day will be dry :) We don't sell rain, but we sell hope! :))

Hey sbiker. Good to see you. Have been missing you and hope you have been well.

Most of what I know of Russia is from the movies, documentaries, and the histories I have read plus a few Russian friends and associates along the way. To us, Russia really isn't seen as a vacation destination as much as other parts of Europe or Asia, but I would like to visit there just the same.

There are a good videos about Russia from Tim Kirby :)) At least they not so tendentious like in media or in movies :)) I enjoy his videos about US :)

Well you can turn the raincoat into a life vest and use the umbrella as a sail........

It really doesn't seem fair that Texas is getting all that rain they don't need and we aren't getting much when we desperately need it. The Rio Grande is as low as I've ever seen it and everything is pretty parched despite some light intermittent showers this past week. So we need good soaking rains and we could get some today, but it will be drying out again tomorrow though hopefully we will have a wetter than usual winter.

On the other hand, looking at the path of Hurricane Willa, it does look like Beautress will be the bulls eye of all that moisture pushing inland and is forecast to bring flooding rain. And ya'll sure don't need it. So keep your powder dry and all that.
Willa's supposed to be so massive, maybe it will shed some wet stuff in your direction. I'm willing to give a little rain back to anyone who needs it!

Let's organize a business for rain delivery. We'll take prepaid of 100$ from any who wants rain next day and honestly return it, if next day will be dry :) We don't sell rain, but we sell hope! :))

Most of what I know of Russia is from the movies, documentaries, and the histories I have read plus a few Russian friends and associates along the way. To us, Russia really isn't seen as a vacation destination as much as other parts of Europe or Asia, but I would like to visit there just the same.

There are a good videos about Russia from Tim Kirby :)) At least they not so tendentious like in media or in movies :)) I enjoy his videos about US :)

Very interesting, and if all your subway systems are as beautiful as that one, that is awesome.

Saw the wife's surgeon this afternoon for a follow up. The mass they removed is a sarcoma, low grade. Dropped off the medical report with the oncologist's office and hope to see him next week, maybe Monday. We'll know where we go from there, what course of action he'll recommend.
Only good wishes for Mrs. Ringel. :huddle:.

Beautress, you sound like my wife! She quilts all the time. We just returned from a trip to Shipshewana, IN. It’s an Amish community that has several fabric stores that my dear Mrs. BBD loves to shop in. She left her mark there as she always does. Thought I might have to rent a U-Haul trailer to bring all of her treasures back home. I have to admit though, she makes beautiful hand stitched quilts.
My kudos to Mrs. Big Black Dog. It takes a lot of love and patience to do hand stitched quilt work. I just do the quilt tops now and turn over the hard stuff to my charity bee sisters who are still able to machine quilt. 18 years of having fibromyalgia took its toll on my bones and muscles. I'm one of those people who look okay, but I have to ride around in a scooter when I go to Walmart, or pay the price of taking a 4-hour nap when I get home, even though I fight it out a few days a week at the exercise center that has walking machines. It, too, is followed by a power nap. Y'all stay healthy, 'kay? :)

Very interesting, and if all your subway systems are as beautiful as that one, that is awesome.

Yes, the Moscow subway system is very beautilful and fast. But true native citizens prefer "elektrichka" - suburban train - it a bit faster :)

At least they can make a plan to treat it since it's low grade.

Crossing my hooks for Mrs R, and you too. Best of luck.

True but low grade only means slow growing. The real problem is it's a sarcoma not a carcinoma, sarcomas are rare and the most difficult to treat, the five year survival rate for localized is high (83%) but when it goes regional the rate drops to 50%, if it's a distant spread it drops to 16%. This does not mean it's cured, just that it's controlled.

True but low grade only means slow growing. The real problem is it's a sarcoma not a carcinoma, sarcomas are rare and the most difficult to treat, the five year survival rate for localized is high (83%) but when it goes regional the rate drops to 50%, if it's a distant spread it drops to 16%. This does not mean it's cured, just that it's controlled.

We will keep you both in our prayers.

Thanks, today has been rough for me, stress exhaustion and finally anger. Not at my wife but at the situation. She's scared but doing better than I am.......

Thanks, today has been rough for me, stress exhaustion and finally anger. Not at my wife but at the situation. She's scared but doing better than I am.......

Oh that sound so familiar.
I totally understand.
After I left the hospital in Tucson in 2017 the 1st day, I was a basket case with the same feelings.

Prayers up! :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back