USMB Coffee Shop IV

Only if it's George Jetson's mechanical version of Shirley Booth as "Hazel".

Spent a drizzly night at the ballyard Saturday with my brother. We went to see our beloved Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Colorado Rockies in 11 innings. It was also fireworks night and there's nothing Pittsburghers love more than fireworks.

I bought two 14" half round flower planters and they got here Saturday. I went to the garden center and found two refugee 6" pots planted with wave petunias, verbena and millionbelles. Al together, the plants looks as if they might not see August. But I bought them )buy one get one free), and transplanted them yesterday. I hope they pull through and show their real stuff.

Daisy the Mutt spent Friday at Mom's eating rich food and getting her belly rubbed frequently. Saturday night was spent with my sister-in-law as she stayed home from the game. Again, Daisy ate rich food and got her belly rubbed frequently. Sunday, Daisy returned to Pimplebutt where she slept off her orgiastic weekend, then went walkies twice to rid her of all that rich food. And yes, she got her belly rubbed frequently.

All thoughts and preparations are in line for the Pig Roast on August 1. My oldest friend throws a bi-annual wing ding and my brother and I prepare the whole hog for roasting. I buy the port-a-johns for the affair. They are beautiful, so far as port-a-johns go with ample space for the disabled, a light, hand sanitizers and odor suppressants. They are not the work site variety. So, I buy the shitters.

This year's Pig Roast is not just another get together, but to celebrate my friend's daughter's college graduation. I'm really proud of this young woman. I told her that she's the person I intend to borrow money from in my dotage. She is off to Marymount for her post graduate work. I hope she is not too far in debt by the time I'll require food money!

I am watering plants for friends who are currently on the west coast of the USA, so that means driving from Statistihengst Castle over to said friends' place and watering the sweet little photosynthesizers.

Not all of them are gonna survive this heatwave... no matter what I do.

Last edited:
whatdaysummerbreak_.gif

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
Bloodrock's father-in-law in Germany,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you all for keeping vigil for my brother in law. He passwed away, and we are having a memorial for him at the Coudersport, PA Legion Club this Saturday.

Sorry for your loss Smilebong. Hospital vigils would be much better if they had Olive Gardens in them. Looks like you'll have to rough it FoxFyre.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a word to describe my current intense need for go-go juice right now..... Unless that word is epinephrin........

0697b_a7f12164-f7a1-4499-8f2b-327d0d142249.gif

Spent a drizzly night at the ballyard Saturday with my brother. We went to see our beloved Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Colorado Rockies in 11 innings. It was also fireworks night and there's nothing Pittsburghers love more than fireworks.

I bought two 14" half round flower planters and they got here Saturday. I went to the garden center and found two refugee 6" pots planted with wave petunias, verbena and millionbelles. Al together, the plants looks as if they might not see August. But I bought them )buy one get one free), and transplanted them yesterday. I hope they pull through and show their real stuff.

Daisy the Mutt spent Friday at Mom's eating rich food and getting her belly rubbed frequently. Saturday night was spent with my sister-in-law as she stayed home from the game. Again, Daisy ate rich food and got her belly rubbed frequently. Sunday, Daisy returned to Pimplebutt where she slept off her orgiastic weekend, then went walkies twice to rid her of all that rich food. And yes, she got her belly rubbed frequently.

All thoughts and preparations are in line for the Pig Roast on August 1. My oldest friend throws a bi-annual wing ding and my brother and I prepare the whole hog for roasting. I buy the port-a-johns for the affair. They are beautiful, so far as port-a-johns go with ample space for the disabled, a light, hand sanitizers and odor suppressants. They are not the work site variety. So, I buy the shitters.

This year's Pig Roast is not just another get together, but to celebrate my friend's daughter's college graduation. I'm really proud of this young woman. I told her that she's the person I intend to borrow money from in my dotage. She is off to Marymount for her post graduate work. I hope she is not too far in debt by the time I'll require food money!

I am watering plants for friends who are currently on the west coast of the USA, so that means driving from Statistihengst Castle over to said friends' place and watering the sweet little photosynthesizers.

Not all of them are gonna survive this heatwave... no matter what I do.

dead%20plant%20mary%20kay.png

Thanks BM and wishing you the same. Today, at the coast, cloudy and low 60's. :thup: Love this marine climate.

Went to my first Pirate game on Aug 16, 1948. Been a Buc fan since. Why I can remember the day is they announced on the field speaker that Babe Ruth had just died.

Nothing like being awakened by the phone at 4:00am on a Monday morning. Especially when there was no one on the other end, that is except for a fax machine.

Problem was I couldn't go back to sleep on an empty stomach. Oh well, at least I had breakfast. May try and get back to sleep, should be easy on a full stomach.

I don't know how your tummy is EVER empty...:lol: But, good on you, if you were able to get back to sleep. That is hard for me to do, if it that early in the morning when I first awaken. Damn birds!!!!!!!

Very nice day here in northwestern Illinois. Beautiful outside and there is a light southerly breeze. No big plans for the day. I've already taken all the trash out - even dumped the shredder. Mrs. BBD shreds everything. Guess I will spend some time surfing the web today.

Very nice day here in northwestern Illinois. Beautiful outside and there is a light southerly breeze. No big plans for the day. I've already taken all the trash out - even dumped the shredder. Mrs. BBD shreds everything. Guess I will spend some time surfing the web today.

Will my little man-dog Taco be on your lap??? :D I like the image.

We had a visit this weekend from one of my long lost cousins. She lives down in deepest darkest West Virginia. It's always good to see her and catch up.

I asked how her family was and she told me that her daughter had just come home from Tanzania. "That's fascinating!" I said "What was she doing in Tanzania?"

I expected to hear how she had been staffing a school or hospital. Perhaps she was digging wells or engineering roads. But those situations were mundane after the tale my cousin spun.

Her church group sponsored five young congregants to go to the most heavily witchcraft influenced areas of sub-Saharan Africa to convince folks to abandon witchcraft and become Pentecostal Christians. The erected what my cousin called a "Demon Tent" in which witches gathered to hear my cousin's daughter sing and dance in her effort to exorcise imps, devils and sundry evil spirits from their troubled minds.

She was accosted on a main Tanzanian village lane, but no harm came to her. She went to Africa with an attitude about the culture there that was informed by ignorance. She encounter a wee bit of trouble and her suspicions were confirmed. She is now home with a case of diarrhea and an outlook about Africa that is bitter and suspicious. In other words, she got what she came for.

Nothing like being awakened by the phone at 4:00am on a Monday morning. Especially when there was no one on the other end, that is except for a fax machine.

Problem was I couldn't go back to sleep on an empty stomach. Oh well, at least I had breakfast. May try and get back to sleep, should be easy on a full stomach.

a few years ago i had a problem with some guys fax machine calling me every night. I left him a few messages to take me off his call list. he didn't . so i took a piece of paper and colored it black with a black marker. coloring it black uses more of their toner because it lays down toner where ever it sees black. I sent it too him about 100 copies which i'm sure was moe than enough to empty out his toner cartridge. he took me off his call list

Beautiful day in North Carolina as well. Overcast and raining. Trust me, in July it doesn't get better than that. You don't realize how much you miss rain until you don't have it.

That's for sure. We're having a pretty normal monsoon after years of not bad drought, not extreme drought, but exceptional drought (meaning they have nothing in the record to compare it to.) So here's to the rain and may everybody get all they want and not too much :)

We've had more than enough on this end of Carolina -- I'm starting to get concerned about my tomatoes getting fungus. They're OK so far but sunshine would not be unwelcome. Rain held off most of the day, got a lot of weeding done. Very easy to pull 'em out by the roots after so much rain.

Are you on the coast or in the mountains?

That's for sure. We're having a pretty normal monsoon after years of not bad drought, not extreme drought, but exceptional drought (meaning they have nothing in the record to compare it to.) So here's to the rain and may everybody get all they want and not too much :)

We've had more than enough on this end of Carolina -- I'm starting to get concerned about my tomatoes getting fungus. They're OK so far but sunshine would not be unwelcome. Rain held off most of the day, got a lot of weeding done. Very easy to pull 'em out by the roots after so much rain.

Are you on the coast or in the mountains?

Yes.

:coffee:

I'm in beautiful rainy WNC, the wettest part of the Appalachians and within sight of the tallest peak east of the Mississippi. Carolinia Agresticia, the forest primeval. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back