USMB Coffee Shop IV

Over ate for dinner...... Oven BBQed country ribs with rice and green beans....... Uff da!!

I got some country style ribs at Albertsons this afternoon--a huge package separated into four meals to go in the freezer. Really REALLY cheap. It will figure out about $1.25 an entre for us for each of the four meals. That isn't $1.25 for each of us, but a $1.25 for both of us. I haven't eaten something really good at those prices since the 1960's.

I like a foxy lady, good deal .. :)

I recall biking to the gas station on my banana seat schwinn to pick up cigs. for Mom, 19 cents for a gallon of gas, 21 cents for the cigarettes and hot dog . free coke .. 10 cents.

mmm ..Dang, I'm old ... :lol: .
Lumpy! Good to see ya! :)

Seems like magic to see you... :wink_2:

Over ate for dinner...... Oven BBQed country ribs with rice and green beans....... Uff da!!

I got some country style ribs at Albertsons this afternoon--a huge package separated into four meals to go in the freezer. Really REALLY cheap. It will figure out about $1.25 an entre for us for each of the four meals. That isn't $1.25 for each of us, but a $1.25 for both of us. I haven't eaten something really good at those prices since the 1960's.

I recall biking to the gas station on my banana seat schwinn to pick up cigs. for Mom, 19 cents for a gallon of gas, 21 cents for the cigarettes and hot dog . free coke .. 10 cents.

I refuse to be old. My body sort of insists some days, but I refuse to be old. :)

I had spinach quiche and panatone bread with banana cream pie..
My condolences......

My wife has a widowed friend who always wants quiche when she visits. I filled up on pie.
It was a joke..... I like quiche..... Maybe I'm not a real man? :dunno:

The banana cream pie on the other hand would tear me up, banana intolerant........

Hombre likes quiche too and he's a real man. :) I make a pretty darn good Quiche Lorraine except I usually add some diced ham and/or bacon.

"quinche" .!. this might be our first disagreement... :(

Not if you have MY quiche. So far I haven't found anybody who didn't like it. :)

I refuse to be old. My body sort of insists some days, but I refuse to be old. :)

I just figure it is what it is and move on.. I do like to get crotchety and for some reason I really like ice cream lately.

What is it with old people and ice cream..?

My condolences......

My wife has a widowed friend who always wants quiche when she visits. I filled up on pie.
It was a joke..... I like quiche..... Maybe I'm not a real man? :dunno:

The banana cream pie on the other hand would tear me up, banana intolerant........

Hombre likes quiche too and he's a real man. :) I make a pretty darn good Quiche Lorraine except I usually add some diced ham and/or bacon.

"quinche" .!. this might be our first disagreement... :(

Not if you have MY quiche. So far I haven't found anybody who didn't like it. :)

Well okay .. but only yours. ... .:smiliehug:

I just figure it is what it is and move on.. I do like to get crotchety and for some reason I really like ice cream lately.

Around here, ice cream makes the guys skinny and the gals fat.
I've learned not to like bluebell or else it's bluebelly.
/pardon my sexism, seems my slip is showin'. :lmao:

It's been fun, but I hafta go now. My brother is coming up from his home 100 miles away, and I have to get a steam shovel to clear a path to the back door...

It's been fun, but I hafta go now. My brother is coming up from his home 100 miles away, and I have to get a steam shovel to clear a path to the back door...

Happy Times .. steam shovel beautress :smiliehug:

I think it isn't so much the ice cream but it is a comfort food and for those of us in the older set who no longer have great teeth, it is a soft food. By the time a person passes 50, they have a small fraction of the taste buds they had when they were young. And they lose more taste buds as they age. But sweet, sour, salty--the strong flavors--stay with us and we might appreciate them a bit more when we're older. :)

Don't think I don't still like all the foods I loved as a kid though. I do. And I now enjoy quite a few that I didn't like then.

Not lima beans though.

That's funny. It seems to work that way here in New Mexico too. :)

As for Blue Bell, we play 42 each week with a couple--the guy is from Texas. Ironically he was born and grew up in a tiny west Texas about 40 miles from the tiny west Texas town where Hombre was born and did a lot of his growing up. Anyhow, our friend loved, loved, LOVED Texas Blue Bell ice cream and mourned when they shut down for awhile. I put him onto Tillamook ice cream which is really good and that had to suffice.

This past year he was thrilled when they retooled their plant and started making Blue Bell ice cream again. But it just wasn't the same. I checked the ingredients and instead of using plain old cream, sugar, eggs,etc. they used to use, they are using high fructose corn syrup, milk solids, emulsifiers, other processed stuff just like the cheap ice cream makers make. Our friend went back to Tillamook that uses real ingredients. We buy the cheaper Albertson brand that is also made out of real ingredients.

And life goes on.

Spinach quiche doesn't sound all that good to me. Can't remember if I ever had it. I like some spinach salads but we really just prefer our spinach cooked in water with some salt, pepper, garlic, and just a touch of vinegar.

Spinach quiche doesn't sound all that good to me. Can't remember if I ever had it. I like some spinach salads but we really just prefer our spinach cooked in water with some salt, pepper, garlic, and just a touch of vinegar.
I make a dish for the wife;
1 can or 1 package frozen spinach (as drained as possible)
2 cooked chicken breasts finely diced
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
2 tbsp olive oil
4 oz container of crumbled feta or 1/2 cup Parmesan
I use onion powder for her but a half a small onion diced would work.
1 clove garlic crushed

Cook onion and garlic in olive oil, add tomatoes and spinach cook for a few minutes stirring very frequently
Add diced chicken continue to cook till chicken is heated then add feta or Parmesan and stir in until well mixed.

I always liked this Beach Boys one ..

I almost duck when I say it, but I have always loved the Beach Boys. :)

I remember them well, I had some of their albumsl. I have got unlimited access to the internet with my new fibre optic package, so I can play music from youtube all day. I have a list of Yes albums to play, here is one.

I make a dish for the wife;
1 can or 1 package frozen spinach (as drained as possible)
2 cooked chicken breasts finely diced
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
2 tbsp olive oil
4 oz container of crumbled feta or 1/2 cup Parmesan
I use onion powder for her but a half a small onion diced would work.
1 clove garlic crushed

Cook onion and garlic in olive oil, add tomatoes and spinach cook for a few minutes stirring very frequently
Add diced chicken continue to cook till chicken is heated then add feta or Parmesan and stir in until well mixed.

It sounds good but you don't eat it yourself?

Three words... LOTS OF SNOW!

Ah well, you are in the upper Midwest. You are SUPPOSED to have lots of snow aren't you? We NEED lots of snow here but I want it to skip our house until we can get our roof fixed.

Everybody else can look like this:
kevin-krill-cb.jpg

But we need our place to look like this until late February:
tunisia-near-the-town-of-towser-the-oasis-of-shebik-is-the-most-beautiful-of-the-mountain-oases-on-the-way-to-the-border-of-algeria-P65TW1.jpg

Forum List

Back