USMB Coffee Shop IV

Gallent Warrior, I found a picture of Anchorage in 1953 when my family was there. While my memories aren't exact, this picture looks convincingly right to me. The day we drove the strip that downtown was then, this was pretty much what I recall, but mom and dad got my big brother and me mouton-lined parkas that day, and were they cozy for the long winter ahead.

Anchorage_1953_FWS.jpg

I was there roughly a dozen years ago. Much more of an aesthetically pleasing tourist trap look at that time and probably now. At least in the vicinity of the down town hotel where we were. :)

stuffed-bear-to-attract-tourists-on-downtown-street-in-anchorage-alaska-C9A4J2.jpg
153205002214018166068211194048044042202004064091.jpg
Yep, still looks a lot like that in the summer. If anything, it's gotten even more congested and touristy. A couple of years ago they started bringing some of the cruise ships into Anchorage and that results in lots of people of a "day pass" running around downtown.

I always liked this Beach Boys one ..

I almost duck when I say it, but I have always loved the Beach Boys. :)

I remember them well, I had some of their albumsl. I have got unlimited access to the internet with my new fibre optic package, so I can play music from youtube all day. I have a list of Yes albums to play, here is one.

I still have every Yes album ever published here. They're in storage but I do have a turntable stored with them. I actually used some of their album cover art for an art thesis I wrote. I used some of Boris Vallejo's stuff, too.

I remember them well, I had some of their albumsl. I have got unlimited access to the internet with my new fibre optic package, so I can play music from youtube all day. I have a list of Yes albums to play, here is one.

I saw Yes (great band) in concert along with Peter Frampton coming alive ..somewhere in the 70's (at the outrageous price of 15 bucks .. lol)..

You might also like this group..

Again, a group whose albums I have. I was especially fond of Karn Evil 9, both the album and the specific piece. Fanfare for the Common Man was super, too. Loved just about all their stuff.

I saw Yes (great band) in concert along with Peter Frampton coming alive ..somewhere in the 70's (at the outrageous price of 15 bucks .. lol)..

I saw 'Yes' live at a huge venue. Everyone was jumping up and down, enough to cause a small earthquake.

What did you think of Uriah Heep?

-5 here and clear (so far). When I got home this afternoon, the new tank of propane I hooked up last night was empty. The valve was faulty, perhaps because of some ice? So, the place was frozen and it's taken hours to bring it up to a livable temperature. But it's so hard for me to feel sorry for myself when I see the weather other places are experiencing. At least I am prepared for this kind of cold. The critters tough things out as best they can. I provide warm water daily and hot mash as often as I can. They also have fleece jackets now, too. Maybe not very warm, but truly fashionable. They manage to buddy up and pile together as closely as they can.
So far, it's clear here and I'm looking forward to the lunar eclipse. If the ice fog stays away, I have a good chance of seeing it, too.

The super blood moon eclipse has just begun. If you are blessed with clear skies tonight you should go take a look.

Well, I'm in the "poor zone" , it's cold, it's cloudy, no moon tonight and I'd rather be where Lady Foxfyre is sharing a fine bottle of wine... maybe even enjoying her world renowned quiche..

According to that map I too have a poor chance of seeing it......but I just stepped outside and it's clear with a full moon......except it looks like someone took a bite out of it.....part of the eclipse.

My wife promised split pea and ham soup for dinner tonight, well, she's been on the phone talking to her brother for the last 3 hours (possibly embellished time) .

I actually had to stop posting and make myself a snack ... :(

My wife promised split pea and ham soup for dinner tonight, well, she's been on the phone talking to her brother for the last 3 hours (possibly embellished time) .

Split pea & ham soup sounds great for cold winter nights. I love the stuff....just nobody else around here does though

Split pea & ham soup sounds great for cold winter nights. I love the stuff....just nobody else around here does though

I'm thinkin my high hopes have been dashed... :lol: ...

The super blood moon eclipse has just begun. If you are blessed with clear skies tonight you should go take a look.

Wait...my place is not on that map. Does that mean I won't see it?
CeC

North Alaska? .. It probably means you shouldn't go outside..
South Central, but I can view the whole event from the upstairs bedroom window, as long as the ice fog stays at bay.

One of my sister-in-laws lives in Wasilla, it's like 4 degrees now .. that's a sheesh...

It's cool that you can see it and ice fog .. mmm, how about ice fog in the northern lights, dreamland awesome?

Last edited:

I saw 'Yes' live at a huge venue. Everyone was jumping up and down, enough to cause a small earthquake.

What did you think of Uriah Heep?

I never really noticed Uriah Heap, I will listen to some of it now if their albums are on youtube.

Forum List

Back