USMB Coffee Shop IV

So many of you have lived in Washington and Oregon, and I've never been to either state. :(
Take a raincoat! <giggle>
When I arrived at Ft Lewis in June '60, I was issued a pair of rubber coated trousers and a rubber coated pullover with a hood. I asked why it was issued and the guy said, "you'll find out." I found out that from April till October it hardly ever rained and from October till April it never stopped raining or drizzling 24/7. I replaced windshield wipers at least once a month. Never saw anything like that rain.

Wish saveliberty was more regular in the Coffee Shop these days so he could verify if this is real. This was captioned as a lighthouse in Michigan before and after a major deep freeze. I dunno. Looks photoshopped? Or real?

49750994_2249326185356723_4075835740980772864_n.jpg
Looks like a wedding cake, sorta, doesn't it?

The end of the third week of chemo (two treatments) and the wife is already losing her long blond hair or what I should now call her short blonde hair...... Two days ago she bound it up in a pony tail from the top of her head, grabbed a pair of scissors and lopped it off. Her hair is naturally curly so what was left looked like a wild tangle pixie cut even after I tried to even it up some. She's also been complaining that her hair felt like it was pulling on her scalp so today I took my electric razor, stuck a 1/2" attachment on it and she went from hair down to mid shoulder blade to a long crew cut........
She's always had long hair.......
Maybe you could shave your head in sympathy?

No snow and it's warm, relatively speaking. It's been getting above freezing during the day, dropping just under after dark. At least the warm Chinook winds have helped dry the road surfaces. This is the first night all week that I've fired up the wood stove and only because I'll turn the generator off before I go to sleep. I've been able to keep things warm with the propane stove and an electric heater. I've been using the generator but it likes having a load to power and an electric heater does draw a load. I wouldn't be upset if the weather stayed like this, but it isn't February yet and Winter is still here, although stealthy.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges with resulting financial challenges.
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
Thanksgiving for Nosmo's mom.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

View of Mt. Ranier two days ago:
50807591_2293331967345942_2478317445438242816_o.jpg

Mt Rainier is very beautiful as it stands along the Cascade Range. But I can't figure out what is higher in order to look down on it, but the cloud formations can be really spectacular as the top of the mountain can create it's own weather system. Thank you for the pic.

We lived in Tacoma from June '60- April '64. I could stand at the kitchen sink and look down on the Narrows Bridge, then turn around and look through the living room and Mt. Rainier would fill the living room window. Two of my favorite sights.

Yep, Rainier is visible to most anywhere within a couple hundred miles of it. I can't see it from my house but I only have to drive down the street to get a full view. Anytime I travel around the state, that is the landmark my eyes seek first...….then of course there are times when I'm out of range and I feel lost. Yes I am second generation, born & raised.....and my kids are third generation and even have webbed toes. Especially #2. This area is in the blood.

Living within sight of the Narrows and the Sound...…..did you ever get to see any Orcas? I've lived here all my life and have never seen one in the wild....only zoos

The end of the third week of chemo (two treatments) and the wife is already losing her long blond hair or what I should now call her short blonde hair...... Two days ago she bound it up in a pony tail from the top of her head, grabbed a pair of scissors and lopped it off. Her hair is naturally curly so what was left looked like a wild tangle pixie cut even after I tried to even it up some. She's also been complaining that her hair felt like it was pulling on her scalp so today I took my electric razor, stuck a 1/2" attachment on it and she went from hair down to mid shoulder blade to a long crew cut........
Too late...... :eusa_whistle:

Too late...... :eusa_whistle:
I sure hope all this will be worth the effort and the pain. All the best to Mrs. R. and to you. You seem to be doing all the best things for her. Good luck!

So many of you have lived in Washington and Oregon, and I've never been to either state. :(

Then come on up the water's...er...weather's fine...…. and the scenery is breathtaking

Just be sure to pack your raincoat, as Beautress said...….and a couple umbrellas as well.

Then come on up the water's...er...weather's fine...…. and the scenery is breathtaking

Just be sure to pack your raincoat, as Beautress said...….and a couple umbrellas as well.
Isn't a "prune" tan all the rage up in the Pacific northwest? :D

NO......we rust dammit, not prune, rust...….there's a difference

When I arrived at Ft Lewis in June '60, I was issued a pair of rubber coated trousers and a rubber coated pullover with a hood. I asked why it was issued and the guy said, "you'll find out." I found out that from April till October it hardly ever rained and from October till April it never stopped raining or drizzling 24/7. I replaced windshield wipers at least once a month. Never saw anything like that rain.

Remember the line in Forrest Gump as he describes the different types of rain???????

He really wasn't talking about Viet Nam...

Joint Base Lewis McChord isn't all that far from me.....yes, I'm in their flight path. It's not so bad now since we've gotten used to it, but when we first moved here from South Olympia where it was quiet.....it did take some getting used too, to having their planes & jets fly right over the top of the house.

but it's still not half as bad as growing up about 2 or 3 blocks from a train 'round house'.....where they did repairs on the engines and would slam two sections of cars together to connect:ack-1:

Remember the line in Forrest Gump as he describes the different types of rain???????

He really wasn't talking about Viet Nam...

Joint Base Lewis McChord isn't all that far from me.....yes, I'm in their flight path. It's not so bad now since we've gotten used to it, but when we first moved here from South Olympia where it was quiet.....it did take some getting used too, to having their planes & jets fly right over the top of the house.

but it's still not half as bad as growing up about 2 or 3 blocks from a train 'round house'.....where they did repairs on the engines and would slam two sections of cars together to connect:ack-1:

I lived in Tillicum on American Lake 1/2 block from the boat ramp. In August '62 I bought a house above the Narrows Bridge in University Place. Never saw any Orcas but I caught a ton of salmon on the Sound.

Isn't a "prune" tan all the rage up in the Pacific northwest? :D

NO......we rust dammit, not prune, rust...….there's a difference
giphy.gif

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges with resulting financial challenges.
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
Thanksgiving for Nosmo's mom.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Those unexpected beautiful things can't fix or cure or make all the trouble, pain, worry, and ugliness in our lives go away. But they sure help.
50546919_1036918609850770_2002390259647643648_n.jpg

Forum List

Back