USMB Coffee Shop IV

65213785_10105404952508971_4856167423910346752_n.jpg
I have this door mat at the front door:
I didn't realize that I hadn't posted this from my facebook that is appropriate considering my door mat.

OK folks. Yes My Messenger always show me as active. That is because I own a business and need to be available to staff at all times. My messenger and SMS texts come through with a annoying dog barking sound that wakes me up effectively. I wake up at 7:00 3 days a week and rarely before 9 the rest of the week. There are but a few people in my life that I am willing to wake up to and one I actually want to wake up to. Y'all know who you are.

Hot tip of the day for me. I'll definitely look into that. It seems like it would be a bunch more fun than the backhoe and I might get some of the young hotshots from work out here to do that "work" for free.

Tannerite Party!!! GW's domocile...

He will supply the targets...

You supply your own ammo...

Bulletin Board at work...
I'd love to attend, but Damn! That's a furr piece to travel. There are videos out there to make your own tannerite and some creative uses for the stuff. One I particularly like is on Youtube. Search "tannerite when pigs fly"

Mr. P took really great care of my bruised knee, he cleaned and bandaged it every day and put on my knee brace.
He also went into town to get me some take out dinners for a few nights.
I spoil him and he spoils me. :biggrin:
He went to Walmart, the next morning of my fall and bought a double hinged knee brace.
I couldn't put much weight on my left knee for 4 or 5 days.
The brace was too big for me by an inch so it didn't work very well. One size fits all right, just not for smaller adults. GRRRR...……….
I ordered a smaller one thru amazon and received it the next day.

as my right knee, sidewalk burn healed;
Mr. P renamed the shape from the one horned , one eyed, flying purple, people eater to flattened mouse road kill, complete with the tire marks. :)
It really did look like a flat mouse with it's little tail curled upwards and tire marks running over him.

I am healing up nicely ,but about a week behind cleaning out everything.
I called this morning and added another week for the roll off dumpster. It wasn't too much extra for another week.
Glad you're healing up well and seem in good spirits. Good thing you and Mr P spoil each other so mercilessly!

I have a very nasty deep bruise from below my left knee all the way on both sides of my shinbone down to my angle.
To your angle? Not your curve? :dunno:

Yeah, the angle to the dangle was all wrong.

Ankle dear.
Posted without proof reading.
I'm busy.
Get over it. :)

We just turned the corner on 2019. I flipped the calendar and, boy howdy! 183 days down, 182 to go. We still get the next two months of summer fun. The fireflies are out in force, the cicadas have had their day.

Sweet corn is on sale at the local farm stores. And the county is blessed with magnificent farm stores. Home grown fruit and vegetables, eggs, honey and baked goods are heaped on the countertops and display shelves. Beaches and parks and picnic grounds are doing land office business.

So there is time and venues to get your summer fun on. Until we turn the calendar from August to September. Then the year shifts gears. The kids are back in school. The Potters have won four straight. Did you get the Halloween decorations out of the garage? Gotta dig down in the bottom drawer and find a sweatshirt!

Once we hit the months that end in 'ber', all bets are off. The holidays come around before we know it. The leisure we enjoy in summer is something to be savored like champagne or beef jerky.

Last edited:
Hi there, Peeps. Sorry I have been MIA. Trying to stay busy but mostly just reading. Twitter, library books, etc. Trying to do a bit of gardening, and so far the tomatoes are doing very well and the zucchini? omg..Ima gonna have to pass it around the neighborhood there are so many.

Going to have a double whammy invasion of my body on the 26th (endoscope and colonoscopy), but I don't mind. No twilight for me..they are going to do it at the hospital with an anesthesiologist cuz last time...I woke up and destroyed their bed and equipment :21:.

Anywho....hope all are doing well and if not well..at least hanging in there. I invited a gal from Twitter to come here to the CS. She makes lovely candles, is battling breast cancer and overall needs some love and shoulders to lean on. I hope she comes. I won't say her twitter name cuz I don't know if she will appear as that name..or even come at all. I hope she does. CS is a mercy to folks who are burned out on the negativity and hate and need a major break from it all. :)

Mr. P took really great care of my bruised knee, he cleaned and bandaged it every day and put on my knee brace.
He went to Walmart, the next morning of my fall and bought a double hinged knee brace.
The brace was too big for me by an inch so it didn't work very well. One size fits all right, just not for smaller adults. GRRRR...……….

Mr. P renamed the shape from the one horned , one eyed, flying purple, people eater to flattened mouse road kill, complete with the tire marks. :)
It really did look like a flat mouse with it's little tail curled upwards and tire marks running over him.

I called this morning and added another week for the roll off dumpster. It wasn't too much extra for another week.
Glad you're healing up well and seem in good spirits. Good thing you and Mr P spoil each other so mercilessly!

I have a very nasty deep bruise from below my left knee all the way on both sides of my shinbone down to my angle.

Ankle dear.
I'm busy.
Your curve? Only when your husband's around........ :D

:whip:

:spinner:

Hey Dawn!
I see you did join! (Intro forum). Hope you have a great time here. I don't post nearly as much as I used to but I will pop in more often now. Explore, then when you need to just sit back..enjoy the CoffeeShop. Good peeps all over this board and much nicer than Twitter, lol. More room to talk!!

Last edited:
Hi there, Peeps. Sorry I have been MIA. Trying to stay busy but mostly just reading. Twitter, library books, etc. Trying to do a bit of gardening, and so far the tomatoes are doing very well and the zucchini? omg..Ima gonna have to pass it around the neighborhood there are so many.

Going to have a double whammy invasion of my body on the 26th (endoscope and colonoscopy), but I don't mind. No twilight for me..they are going to do it at the hospital with an anesthesiologist cuz last time...I woke up and destroyed their bed and equipment :21:.

Anywho....hope all are doing well and if not well..at least hanging in there. I invited a gal from Twitter to come here to the CS. She makes lovely candles, is battling breast cancer and overall needs some love and shoulders to lean on. I hope she comes. I won't say her twitter name cuz I don't know if she will appear as that name..or even come at all. I hope she does. CS is a mercy to folks who are burned out on the negativity and hate and need a major break from it all. :)

Always good to hear from you Gracie. And if Dawn chooses to become a member of our family here in the Coffee Shop we'll take good care of her. :)

I gotta go with MrGracie to town. I'll swing by later and hope to see Dawn settling in to USMB and especially here in the CS. Its just so nice, Foxy, that this place is here. The whole place as well as this particular thread. I will never forget what everyone did for me in my time of need. Things are smooth right now...but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. I won't completely rest until we are settled in our forever home..whenever that happens. But for now....smooth. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Howdy, Gracie! Good to see you back again, no matter how short your stay.
Ugh, roto-rooter of the tooter! I hated it and am NOT looking forward to the next round. I wish I had the time to get into a garden. Perhaps one of these years... Of course, tomatoes only work here if you have a heated greenhouse, the growing season is not long enough before it freezes and once that happens, no more 'maters.
How's your kitty ward? My old girl wandered off two weeks ago and I'm pretty sure she's not coming back. We figured out she was 15-16 years old and I've mentioned she showed signs of something like Parkinson's. I hope she died happy, out in the cool woods, surrounded by Nature. Cats always like being outside, I think.
Take care of yourself, and Mr. G. Hopefully your summer progresses quietly and comfortable.

Always good to hear from you Gracie. And if Dawn chooses to become a member of our family here in the Coffee Shop we'll take good care of her. :)
Bunch of old geezers grumbling about their owies...

Well as they say, misery loves company? :)

But yeah. Sometimes we all need a little sympathy and understanding when we are dealing with the inevitable pressures and stresses of just living our lives. And thankfully, when we survive those pressures and stresses and things get better, we can all rejoice and celebrate that too. And our normal blessings and enjoyment of things are always better when we can share them with others too.

But yeah. Sometimes we all need a little sympathy and understanding when we are dealing with the inevitable pressures and stresses of just living our lives. And thankfully, when we survive those pressures and stresses and things get better, we can all rejoice and celebrate that too. And our normal blessings and enjoyment of things are always better when we can share them with others too.
You know I'm kidding. We all seek each other for support through some tough spots and it is comforting to know there are other geezers out there who care for each other.
How have you been getting on lately, Foxy?

You know I'm kidding. We all seek each other for support through some tough spots and it is comforting to know there are other geezers out there who care for each other.

Pretty well GW. Pretty well all things considered. I had a situation a couple of weeks ago that landed me at the gastrology dept. undergoing a ENDG--that's where they look at your esophagus. stomach, small intestine--and a colonoscopy where they look at the rest of your plumbing. The suspicions were very alarming and we were holding our breath at what they would find.

What they found was nothing. Zip. Nada. I was clean as a whistle. A little bit of redness in the stomach prompted a biopsy that turned out completely negative. So I am on a stronger dose of omeprazole (Prilosec) for 30 days to heal up the redness and otherwise declared well. I'm glad I am pronounced well, but it is frustrating to go through all that and be told they don't know what happened, but everything is okay now. :)

So I have some collapsed vertebrae in my back that definitely remind me that they are there most days, but a little hemp oil keeps that manageable. Otherwise I'm in pretty good shape for an old broad.

Pretty well GW. Pretty well all things considered. I had a situation a couple of weeks ago that landed me at the gastrology dept. undergoing a ENDG--that's where they look at your esophagus. stomach, small intestine--and a colonoscopy where they look at the rest of your plumbing. The suspicions were very alarming and we were holding our breath at what they would find.

What they found was nothing. Zip. Nada. I was clean as a whistle. A little bit of redness in the stomach prompted a biopsy that turned out completely negative. So I am on a stronger dose of omeprazole (Prilosec) for 30 days to heal up the redness and otherwise declared well. I'm glad I am pronounced well, but it is frustrating to go through all that and be told they don't know what happened, but everything is okay now. :)

So I have some collapsed vertebrae in my back that definitely remind me that they are there most days, but a little hemp oil keeps that manageable. Otherwise I'm in pretty good shape for an old broad.
A scare is better than a confirmed diagnosis. Good to know that's all you had, besides the frustration. Getting more...mature is pretty frustrating. Knowing what you could have done just a couple of years ago and what you can no longer do now, that's frustrating indeed.
I've heard lots of good things about hemp oil. It's available all over the place here, especially since MJ became legal. But I am still working at a DOT-governed job and am a little leary of using hemp products. Maybe after surgery, when I know I'll be off work a few weeks, I might try hemp oil. I prefer natural means of treating myself than chemical concoctions. BTW: I have completely stopped using NSAIDS and the prescription substitute the doc gave me in favor of turmeric/curcumin. Turmeric works lots better and I hope without the side effects of typical chemical/pharmaceutical treatments.

A scare is better than a confirmed diagnosis. Good to know that's all you had, besides the frustration. Getting more...mature is pretty frustrating. Knowing what you could have done just a couple of years ago and what you can no longer do now, that's frustrating indeed.
I've heard lots of good things about hemp oil. It's available all over the place here, especially since MJ became legal. But I am still working at a DOT-governed job and am a little leary of using hemp products. Maybe after surgery, when I know I'll be off work a few weeks, I might try hemp oil. I prefer natural means of treating myself than chemical concoctions. BTW: I have completely stopped using NSAIDS and the prescription substitute the doc gave me in favor of turmeric/curcumin. Turmeric works lots better and I hope without the side effects of typical chemical/pharmaceutical treatments.

The hemp oil I use is a product of Manitoba Harvest out of Winnipeg. Recommended use is up to three 1000 mg capsules daily though we usually take only one or two and we are also using flax oil and ground flax seed. There is not supposed to be more than a tiny trace of THC but I have read that 1000 mg of CBD hemp oil or more could cause a false positive on a drug test though it would do so only in small percentage of cases. But probably not worth the risk to you as long as you want to keep your job and retire as your choice.

. . . Does CBD oil show up on a drug test:

Fortunately, the urine drug screen for THC-COOH is known to have very little cross-reactivity to other cannabinoids that are not intoxicating, such as CBD(cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol), CBN (cannabinol), and others. This is good news for “normal” consumers of CBD/hemp oil.

That said, individuals using unusually large doses of a cannabinoid-rich hemp oil product (above 1000-2000 mg of hemp oil daily) could theoretically test positive during the initial urinary screen. Although very rare, the urine screen in these cases would likely represent a “false positive” due to other non-THC metabolites or compounds, which may cross-react with the immunoassay. When this is the case, the confirmatory GC/MS test would be negative, since CBD and other cannabinoids will not be detected by the more accurate (and specific) GC/MS screen.

Keep in mind that most of the high-quality, reliable CBD-rich hemp oil products contain much less THC than marijuana. For example, hemp contains anywhere from 1/10th to 1/300th of the THC concentration found in marijuana. An individual consuming 1000-2000 mg per day of hemp oil would thus consume approximately 3-6 mg of THC. This exceedingly high dose may result in detection of positive urine screen in up to 11% to 23% of assays.

On the other hand, there is some data demonstrating that at daily doses of 0.5mg of THC from 3-5 servings of most commercial CBD-rich hemp oil products, the positive urine screen rate is < 0.2%. Again, most servings of typical high-quality, high-purity CBD-based hemp oil products contain well below 0.1mg of THC and therefore have over 400-600 times less THC than marijuana products. . .​
Does Using CBD Hemp Oil Result in a Positive Drug Test for THC or Marijuana?

Last edited:
Miss Evie is doing very very well. Little snot is a typical cat....sleeps all damn day (like MrGracie) then up all night. Thankfully she does not come in my room to irritate me in the wee hours. I think she is not fond of the fan I have 1 foot away from me, lol. So...she plays in MrGs room with her toys and her cat tree I bought for her at salvation army. She turned in to a regular housecat that likes being outside. I'm so glad I did not put her down and did indeed give her a chance. She is such a smart kitty. And loving too. She laid in my lap while I trimmed her front claws with my nail clipper. Just laid there...making bread as I clipped. :eusa_dance:

I also got a package from another online friend from another board I used to hang out at long long ago. Paints, rocks to paint, canvases, and other goodies. I am now playing with mandala rocks. I'll upload a pic in a few.

Ankle dear.
I'm busy.

Ankle dear.
I'm busy.

Mr. P is very used to men staring at my curves for 36 years.
He always tells them ,stare all you want and admire, but remember the toys are mine. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back