USMB Coffee Shop IV

Dang back hurts again... hurt yesterday and it's worse today... I wouldn't wish back pain on my worst enemy, it's just vile.

Doesn't hurt once I'm standing up straight, but hurts to bend or move. Feels like someone kicked me in the middle of my lower spine with a pair of steel toed boots.
See, that's what ya get for being human........ Me? I'm gonna become the Lawnmower Man....... :eusa_whistle:
I was lawnmower man yesterday... :2up:

Got the old carpet stripped out, all the nasty old trim out, all new trim up except I was SHORT a tiny little bit to finish... :45:

Got a bike ride tomorrow but going to run and get trim to finish Saturday, then I got a real nice color paint to match the tile, then it's time to tile. Should be pretty sweet when it's all done. People will see a nice, new, clean, sharp looking little back porch instead of a nasty old messed up, wet dog smelling porch.
Just in case you thought I was actually talking about mowing lawns.........

Cool... now I'm going to have to watch that movie... :lol:

I think Rotten Eggs and just about everyone else gives it 3 stars. I saw it decades ago and don't really remember much of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
69632940_2507987155928958_4556600619019796480_n.jpg

:eusa_doh:

By the way Montro, how is the new job hunt going? Or are you still just thinking about it? It still seems to be a sellers market for labor out there maybe.

I got at least a hint that I might get hired directly by the print company I'm working for in a few months, so I'm not being too aggressive in my current job search. It's more me putting in a few applications for places that pay quite a bit more than I'm currently making. I did submit a few more postal applications, so fingers crossed I get a bite there, but for now I'm not worried. Thanks for asking. :D

Dang back hurts again... hurt yesterday and it's worse today... I wouldn't wish back pain on my worst enemy, it's just vile.

Doesn't hurt once I'm standing up straight, but hurts to bend or move. Feels like someone kicked me in the middle of my lower spine with a pair of steel toed boots.
See, that's what ya get for being human........ Me? I'm gonna become the Lawnmower Man....... :eusa_whistle:

Got the old carpet stripped out, all the nasty old trim out, all new trim up except I was SHORT a tiny little bit to finish... :45:

Got a bike ride tomorrow but going to run and get trim to finish Saturday, then I got a real nice color paint to match the tile, then it's time to tile. Should be pretty sweet when it's all done. People will see a nice, new, clean, sharp looking little back porch instead of a nasty old messed up, wet dog smelling porch.

The lawnmower man from the actual Stephen King story is a fat, hairy minion of the devil who eats the grass (and other things, like woodchucks) mowed by a demonic mower. And he does it while naked. :lol:

Not a big Steven King fan, don't find his stuff scary at all, typically I just find it more predictable and boring.

I think Rotten Eggs and just about everyone else gives it 3 stars. I saw it decades ago and don't really remember much of it.

That movie was pretty horrible. :p

From what I remember I agree.

The lawnmower man from the actual Stephen King story is a fat, hairy minion of the devil who eats the grass (and other things, like woodchucks) mowed by a demonic mower. And he does it while naked. :lol:

Not a big Steven King fan, don't find his stuff scary at all, typically I just find it more predictable and boring.

The Shining is the only book of his I remember being scary, but I enjoy his books. I never went into them hoping to be scared. :dunno:

Wow! I'm impressed! Found out there's a MVD field office up on Juan Tabo and Menaul, went to replace a lost in the mail registration for the Prius and a replacement DL showing the new address. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. :thup:

If they aren't busy they can be quick. We use the one at Wyoming and Paseo. Their extra fee is a bit expensive but it beats the looooooooong wait at the state run MVD.
No, this one is not the private Express but a State run field office

Really? Well will have to check it out. We used to drive all the way out to Moriarty to the MVD there because it was so much faster than anywhere in town. But that seems extreme now. So thanks for the info.

Wow! I'm impressed! Found out there's a MVD field office up on Juan Tabo and Menaul, went to replace a lost in the mail registration for the Prius and a replacement DL showing the new address. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. :thup:

If they aren't busy they can be quick. We use the one at Wyoming and Paseo. Their extra fee is a bit expensive but it beats the looooooooong wait at the state run MVD.
No, this one is not the private Express but a State run field office

Really? Well will have to check it out. We used to drive all the way out to Moriarty to the MVD there because it was so much faster than anywhere in town. But that seems extreme now. So thanks for the info.
Yup. If I wanted an Express there's probably 5 within a 1/2 mile radius.........
The MVD I went to is in the same shopping center as Goodwill and Roth's

Oops, that's Ross.

Last edited:

The Shining is the only book of his I remember being scary, but I enjoy his books. I never went into them hoping to be scared. :dunno:

The movie based on the book was a masterpiece of horror movies though. It had it all without being unnecessarily gruesome or graphic. It sure got the job done being scary though.

From what I remember I agree.

OK... good to know... I can skip that one then... :lol:

I have Amazon Prime and have been watching Carnival Row, one of the Prime Originals. It's kinda slow but just interesting enough to keep my watching. Best part about Amazon Prime is it's in 4K HDR and doesn't have commercials.

Last edited:

Honestly, I've never read one of his books just saw the movies and I agree the only one that was done well and scary and not all that predictable was The Shining. Now I did read a couple of Lovecraft's....... Gave me friggin' nightmares.......

By the way, Lovecraft was the one who (indirectly) put King on the path to writing horror, supposedly he was the one author who could scare King......... And King borrowed heavily from Lovecraft.
Lovecraft himself was a fascinating, strange man who was himself inspired by the Gothic horror writers such as Poe. He never finished high school thus was self taught, he wouldn't go out during the day but only at night, both his parents were committed to insane asylums, he began experiencing the parasomnia ‘night terrors’ from the age of six. Night terrors cause the sufferer to physically move or scream to escape waking dreams........ He wrote 100,000 letters in his lifetime second only to Voltaire.
Just a few tidbits. If you like being scared, read H. P. Lovecraft.

Since I usually don't sleep but 6 hours at night on average I've taken to dropping off in my office chair for anywhere from a half hour to three hours in the afternoon on most afternoons. It's not like I try to or intend to fall asleep I just lay my head back and rest my eyes for a moment the wake up later wondering what happened......

Jasper, our oldest has been following me around a lot lately, I went into the great room to talk with the wife, turned around and there he was right behind me...... First thing that popped into my head was "I'm being followed by a moonshadow".

It's funny because I thought Gordon Lightfoot sang that one, so much for a great memory...... :lol:

Saturday morning!

Keep a sharp eye out for all those "great sportsmen" this fall.

Let the cartoon begin!

Honestly, I've never read one of his books just saw the movies and I agree the only one that was done well and scary and not all that predictable was The Shining. Now I did read a couple of Lovecraft's....... Gave me friggin' nightmares.......

If you want nightmares, I recommend the short stories of M.R.James. 'Ghost stories of antiquary' Now they are scary. One was made into a film called' night of the demon'

If you want nightmares, I recommend the short stories of M.R.James. 'Ghost stories of antiquary' Now they are scary. One was made into a film called' night of the demon'

Actually I hate horror, I don't get why people like being scared, I don't.

Forum List

Back