USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh boy.

Only just today heard that one of my more favorite gal pals from the early 1980s passed in April '18.

Unfortunately, the years of booze and recreational substances played hell with her....Aged her more than a decade beyond her relatively young age....I'll always remember her looking like this...That smirk was golden...

RIP, Lisa.

256167_0j6k5vxzeir.JPEG

I hear you Oddball. It is tough to see those we grew up with, who have been friends over the years, or those we just remember fondly pass on before we do, most especially when they are too young and/or when it didn't have to happen just then. I suppose we've all lost somebody to substance abuse or or other addictions, or suicide, or any number of senseless reasons. It hurts every time.

I am a Packer and Washington Redskin fan. It breaks my heart to see Randall Cobb playing for Dallas and Clay Mathews playing for the Rams. When the Packers played the Bears last Thursday I hardly knew anybody on the Packer team. The score was the Packers 10 and the Bears 3. The Packers won but it was such a poorly played game I’m surprised anybody won. I’m not a Dallas fan but you have to admit they played some awesome football on Sunday.

Oh boy.

Only just today heard that one of my more favorite gal pals from the early 1980s passed in April '18.

Unfortunately, the years of booze and recreational substances played hell with her....Aged her more than a decade beyond her relatively young age....I'll always remember her looking like this...That smirk was golden...

RIP, Lisa.

256167_0j6k5vxzeir.JPEG

I have lost several running buddies both male and female in the last few years... Not having any blood brothers or sisters I always felt a little closer to my compadres... Remember the good times Oddball as our memories is all we take with us... There is no U-Haul behind the hearse... No Regrets...

Oh boy.

RIP, Lisa.

256167_0j6k5vxzeir.JPEG

I hear you Oddball. It is tough to see those we grew up with, who have been friends over the years, or those we just remember fondly pass on before we do, most especially when they are too young and/or when it didn't have to happen just then. I suppose we've all lost somebody to substance abuse or or other addictions, or suicide, or any number of senseless reasons. It hurts every time.
I have lost several running buddies both male and female in the last few years... Not having any blood brothers or sisters I always felt a little closer to my compadres... Remember the good times Oddball as our memories is all we take with us... There is no U-Haul behind the hearse... No Regrets...
No regrets at all....She was a little babe-a-licious monkey woman, if ya know what I mean....It just that seeing someone wreck themselves physically as such, then expire way too soon for it, is terribly sad.

Like i mentioned earlier last week I got the garage cleaned up and organized, yesterday evening, late morning today and finally this afternoon (after sleeping hard in my office chair for a couple of hours) I finally have the PackRat emptied out and swept........ Right now if a feather hit me on the head it would knock me out...... I'm going to take a few days and recover.

Like i mentioned earlier last week I got the garage cleaned up and organized, yesterday evening, late morning today and finally this afternoon (after sleeping hard in my office chair for a couple of hours) I finally have the PackRat emptied out and swept........ Right now if a feather hit me on the head it would knock me out...... I'm going to take a few days and recover.

At least it's done. And even though we pay for it, it feels good. :)

When I opened it up yesterday my reaction was OMG, I'll never have this done by Thursday when they pick it up....... I just stuck to it and even though I could hardly walk at the end I finished it up. Both my knees hurt as well as most of the rest of my body so I guess my planned visit to Wally World this evening might have to be postponed.......

When I opened it up yesterday my reaction was OMG, I'll never have this done by Thursday when they pick it up....... I just stuck to it and even though I could hardly walk at the end I finished it up. Both my knees hurt as well as most of the rest of my body so I guess my planned visit to Wally World this evening might have to be postponed.......

It will still be there tomorrow. Or the next day.

Hi ! coffee shoppers, treat yourselves to a trip.

This reminds me of when I was a teen and several of us would get high, then go to Laserium at the Pacific Science Center. There were seats, but we usually opted to lay on the floor to watch the show......which is images created with lasers (similar to your video) projected on the inside of the domed roof. The laser images would move & dance across the 'sky' to the beat of the music. Pink Floyd was always a favorite

It’s hurricane season. Why do news reporters stand out in the storm to tell us the wind is blowing, it’s raining and things are being destroyed as a result of the hurricaine’s fury? How dumb is that’s?
I don't know. I85 MPH winds on one of the islands in the Bahamas still has over 6,000 people missing. :(

Oh boy.

RIP, Lisa.

256167_0j6k5vxzeir.JPEG
I'm sorry for your loss of one of your favorite friends, Oddball. :huddle:

Oh boy.

RIP, Lisa.

256167_0j6k5vxzeir.JPEG
I'm sorry for your loss of one of your favorite friends, Oddball. :huddle:
She was lost years ago to the chemicals...Was fantastic to have been with her way back when. :)

Good night, everyone. It rained all day, but I got some quilt squares sewn to the #7 piece in a log cabin quilt which has 35 pieces done to #7.
Leftist piece marked #7. >
th
All my squares are dark red, but each piece is a different red fabric print. The ones below have too much white in them. Mine squares are rich reds, randomly placed. So far I have at least 200 different fabrics in the 35 squares, and when it gets out to piece #12, it will likely have another 150 fabrics that are each different, except for a few that get repeated. It takes time, but will go into a first responder quilt in honor of the first responders who have died in the line of duty, including the 9/11/2001 167 firefighters and police who died assisting others out of the World Trade Center. I guess it's officially 18 years later, someone around here said. :huddle: Love to all the friends here, and good night.
wonky%2Blog%2Bcabin%2Bquilt%2B7a.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back