USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've been on opioids in one form or another for probably 15 years. Started on Trams, then hydrocodone, then percocet, then oxycodone. I finally told the VA no more acetaminophen. I used to get a lot more than I do, but I'm down to not much since the melt down about opioids. I actually don't get enough to become addicted. I can go days and days without taking any and no symptoms of withdrawal. I just have enough to take occasionally for pain, but it does give me a buzz, a feeling of euphoria with loads of energy, typical of opioids. I get just oxycodone too, no acetaminophen. Just a tiny little 5mg pill.

I had a prescription for Norco/Hydrocodone 10/325 for just a little over 10 years, 2004/2014... 4 a day, 120 a month... I was able to live like a normal human being... I know folks find that hard to believe, but God as my witness its true... I will be honest and say the last 4 months of my opioid use was a disaster... I got into trouble and didn't know it for 2 of those months... I have never had good teeth and my teeth was going to hell in a handbasket and I didn't even know it because of the Norco... Well the Norco was masking the pain I should have been feeling, but the pain started coming through... God bless my Dad as he had a saying, 'little bit will do a little good, a lot will do a lot of good... Not with opioids... Fortunately my Son grabbed me by the short and curly's and slapped me around till I seen the light. I have not taken one opioid since... I hurt every day for various reasons neuropathy, arthritis and toting around 10, ten pound bowling balls when I walk from here to the toilet... I try not to bitch, I try not to complain unless it's about politics... It is my fault so no since in crying...

Life is good...

I personally think they have used the pharmaceutical opioid crisis as a political crisis, but what the hell do I know...

Did not sleep well last night, had about three hours of sleep before the ibuprofen wore off and the pain woke me up. Slept (mostly) for about two hours in my office chair and have been up ever since. Still sore, definitely tired but the eyes just don't want to close. Had a lot I planned to get done over the next couple of days, don't think that's gonna happen.........

One thing I've learned in all these years that a lot of things we think we need to get done and don't, in retrospect we find out they didn't really have to get done in the first place. Or at least they could wait.
Getting in the wood for winter cannot wait any longer. Otherwise, it will be a long, cold winter. And I know I'll need more wood than last year because some one will be here 24/7.

I've been on opioids in one form or another for probably 15 years. Started on Trams, then hydrocodone, then percocet, then oxycodone. I finally told the VA no more acetaminophen. I used to get a lot more than I do, but I'm down to not much since the melt down about opioids. I actually don't get enough to become addicted. I can go days and days without taking any and no symptoms of withdrawal. I just have enough to take occasionally for pain, but it does give me a buzz, a feeling of euphoria with loads of energy, typical of opioids. I get just oxycodone too, no acetaminophen. Just a tiny little 5mg pill.

I had a prescription for Norco/Hydrocodone 10/325 for just a little over 10 years, 2004/2014... 4 a day, 120 a month... I was able to live like a normal human being... I know folks find that hard to believe, but God as my witness its true... I will be honest and say the last 4 months of my opioid use was a disaster... I got into trouble and didn't know it for 2 of those months... I have never had good teeth and my teeth was going to hell in a handbasket and I didn't even know it because of the Norco... Well the Norco was masking the pain I should have been feeling, but the pain started coming through... God bless my Dad as he had a saying, 'little bit will do a little good, a lot will do a lot of good... Not with opioids... Fortunately my Son grabbed me by the short and curly's and slapped me around till I seen the light. I have not taken one opioid since... I hurt every day for various reasons neuropathy, arthritis and toting around 10, ten pound bowling balls when I walk from here to the toilet... I try not to bitch, I try not to complain unless it's about politics... It is my fault so no since in crying...

Life is good...

I personally think they have used the pharmaceutical opioid crisis as a political crisis, but what the hell do I know...
I'm nowhere near what you were taking. I get 60 5mg oxycodone a month, and that's it. The acetaminophen isn't good for you. It'll eat your insides so I requested please no more of that. I have nerve atrophy and neuropathy as well, as well as degenerative joint disease and arthritis. I pinched nerves in my neck, had a discectomy, still have permanent nerve damage. But without the oxy, I'd have to live with a lot of pain. The VA gave me everything under sun for pain for 25 years, until I really had a fit and told them, THIS STUFF ISN'T WORKING, what part about that don't you understand? They finally started me on opioids with Hydrocodone first, then Percocet, then requested no more acetaminophen, and got the pure oxycodone. I love the stuff. I think it's a miracle drug, and yes, I know 100% how someone could become addicted to it very easily. Who wouldn't want to feel like Superman and not have any pain all day?

69026548_799672683811144_4993433951625281536_n.jpg

Life is good...

The opioid crisis is political because the FDA recommended the dosage amounts and the government can't sue themselves and ya gotta blame someone........

For those who want to use less pain meds, I am finding Hemp Oil (no THC) to be really effective in knocking down inflammation that causes pain. Loaded with omegas in the right proportions and no side effects other than less pain. Hombre and I both take it daily.

I order it at a very reasonable price on Amazon: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil - 120 soft gels at 1000 mg each - about $10

61MApZ9w2hL._AC_UL320_.jpg

For those who want to use less pain meds, I am finding Hemp Oil (no THC) to be really effective in knocking down inflammation that causes pain. Loaded with omegas in the right proportions and no side effects other than less pain. Hombre and I both take it daily.

I order it at a very reasonable price on Amazon: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil - 120 soft gels at 1000 mg each - about $10

61MApZ9w2hL._AC_UL320_.jpg
At $10 I'm going to give it a try.

I have a bone on bone issue in my right knee... Dr.s won't operate because of the 10 bowling balls... I use a Targeted Topical called Receptra…

Snake Oil :dunno:? Seems to work and help the ex and I...

Image: cbdreporter.com
Receptra Targeted Topical is your #1 natural defense against muscle and joint irritation.

• 400+mg CBD per 1.25 oz.
  • Instantly targets muscle and joint irritation.
  • Naturally scented with soothing jasmine and Ylang Ylang to relax your mind and body.
  • Protects and strengthens skin.
  • Non-toxic, non-addictive and non-psychoactive.
Receptra Targeted Topical | CBD
cbdcanvas.com/product/receptra-targeted-topical/

Every now and then I see a post on Twitter that just begs to be reposted in the Coffee Shop. I can easily do that from Facebook but haven't figure out how to do it from Twitter yet. :)

In the grand scheme of our tech lives... Minor very minor...

But nothing is minor if you want to do it and don't know how. :)

Forum List

Back