USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been busy... Started working the morning shift at the County Fair in the American Legion tent Wednesday , Thursday, and Friday, Worked for Vietnam Veterans of America Saturday and Sunday. Saturday afternoon I had a 48th HS reunion Picnic. Sunday night I went with a friend to see Pentatonix. Saw Rachel Platten as their warm up and then they came out and made it maybe halfway through their planned show when they had to stop because of View attachment 277229 thunderstorms and lightning.

That must have been great to see even if only half a show.

Love to listen to them.....

This is one of my favorites, though with a different singer...….

That was right beautiful, Justanothernut. Thanks. :huddle:

Been busy... Started working the morning shift at the County Fair in the American Legion tent Wednesday , Thursday, and Friday, Worked for Vietnam Veterans of America Saturday and Sunday. Saturday afternoon I had a 48th HS reunion Picnic. Sunday night I went with a friend to see Pentatonix. Saw Rachel Platten as their warm up and then they came out and made it maybe halfway through their planned show when they had to stop because of View attachment 277229 thunderstorms and lightning.

Since that post, I've been doing a bit of digging and found out the dark haired guy with beard & mustache in the Hallelujah video is named Avi Kaplan and I guess he has struck out on his own & making his own videos and songs.

For those who want to use less pain meds, I am finding Hemp Oil (no THC) to be really effective in knocking down inflammation that causes pain. Loaded with omegas in the right proportions and no side effects other than less pain. Hombre and I both take it daily.

I order it at a very reasonable price on Amazon: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil - 120 soft gels at 1000 mg each - about $10

61MApZ9w2hL._AC_UL320_.jpg
At $10 I'm going to give it a try.

Yes. It won't hurt you though there is a very slight possibility it could trigger a false positive for THC on a drug test, though the follow up should correct that. But I always warn people who have zero tolerance at their work place or whatever. But it can't hurt you and it does give good results for Hombre, Aunt Betty, and me. Aunt Betty has a very rare form of inflammatory arthritis and can't take nsaids and won't take the opioids. But she says this really makes her feel better.

Our good friend with intractable back pain, which is mostly my problem, said she didn't feel any different. But her mental outlook isn't the best either and that I imagine has something to do with it. But then again, hemp oil probably doesn't work for everybody. But it's sure worth a shot. Now that I am no longer allowed nsaids, it has been a godsend for me.

Last edited:

Since that post, I've been doing a bit of digging and found out the dark haired guy with beard & mustache in the Hallelujah video is named Avi Kaplan and I guess he has struck out on his own & making his own videos and songs.

Yes Avi left Pentatonix in a really sad goodbye a couple of years ago. He was missing friends, family, and the Pentatonix were in such demand and constantly on the road leaving him little or no personal time. I can't remember the name of the new bass for the group--the blond in "The Sound of Silence" video--but the new singers in the group as a group still sound like the Pentatonix.

Dang back hurts again... hurt yesterday and it's worse today... I wouldn't wish back pain on my worst enemy, it's just vile.

Doesn't hurt once I'm standing up straight, but hurts to bend or move. Feels like someone kicked me in the middle of my lower spine with a pair of steel toed boots.

I like frogs... :lol:

With all the rain we've had for the last two Summers, we've had more than the usual amount of frogs this year. Cute little tree frogs and such. If I see one hoping along when I mow the lawn I stop and make sure it's safe off to the side.

What has been ABSENT this year is all those dang little Chinese beetles and Box Elder bugs, THANK GOD. They said last Winter when we had the 35 below that it would kill all the hibernating eggs of bugs. It appears it did. What a relief.

Dang back hurts again... hurt yesterday and it's worse today... I wouldn't wish back pain on my worst enemy, it's just vile.

Doesn't hurt once I'm standing up straight, but hurts to bend or move. Feels like someone kicked me in the middle of my lower spine with a pair of steel toed boots.

Yes it sucks. The only thing worse is having your feet hurt. But hopefully this too shall pass.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Yes it sucks. The only thing worse is having your feet hurt. But hopefully this too shall pass.
I'm in luck, the back feels much better. I'm going to finish up the trim work in my back porch and then paint it, and I ripped out the stinky old indoor/outdoor carpet that smelt like a wet dog when it's really humid, and I have some really nice tile I'm going to put down. Thankfully after a couple oxys and a 600mg ibuprofen, I was able to get moving and that made my back almost pain free. Happy days... :lol:

See, that's what ya get for being human........ Me? I'm gonna become the Lawnmower Man....... :eusa_whistle:

Wow! I'm impressed! Found out there's a MVD field office up on Juan Tabo and Menaul, went to replace a lost in the mail registration for the Prius and a replacement DL showing the new address. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. :thup:

Wow! I'm impressed! Found out there's a MVD field office up on Juan Tabo and Menaul, went to replace a lost in the mail registration for the Prius and a replacement DL showing the new address. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. :thup:

If they aren't busy they can be quick. We use the one at Wyoming and Paseo. Their extra fee is a bit expensive but it beats the looooooooong wait at the state run MVD.

If they aren't busy they can be quick. We use the one at Wyoming and Paseo. Their extra fee is a bit expensive but it beats the looooooooong wait at the state run MVD.
No, this one is not the private Express but a State run field office

See, that's what ya get for being human........ Me? I'm gonna become the Lawnmower Man....... :eusa_whistle:
I was lawnmower man yesterday... :2up:

Got the old carpet stripped out, all the nasty old trim out, all new trim up except I was SHORT a tiny little bit to finish... :45:

Got a bike ride tomorrow but going to run and get trim to finish Saturday, then I got a real nice color paint to match the tile, then it's time to tile. Should be pretty sweet when it's all done. People will see a nice, new, clean, sharp looking little back porch instead of a nasty old messed up, wet dog smelling porch.

Got the old carpet stripped out, all the nasty old trim out, all new trim up except I was SHORT a tiny little bit to finish... :45:

Got a bike ride tomorrow but going to run and get trim to finish Saturday, then I got a real nice color paint to match the tile, then it's time to tile. Should be pretty sweet when it's all done. People will see a nice, new, clean, sharp looking little back porch instead of a nasty old messed up, wet dog smelling porch.
Just in case you thought I was actually talking about mowing lawns.........

Cool... now I'm going to have to watch that movie... :lol:

The lawnmower man from the actual Stephen King story is a fat, hairy minion of the devil who eats the grass (and other things, like woodchucks) mowed by a demonic mower. And he does it while naked. :lol:

Forum List

Back