USMB Coffee Shop IV

Supposed to be near 100 here tomorrow. One truism about NC: don't like the weather...wait 10 minutes.

NC was where I learned to hate hot weather. I was miserable down there. It's even worse there in the summer than here and we get some high humidity here.

My father was from Gastonia NC. I was there once, when I was 9. I sure loved those lightening bugs. I learned to shoot then too. Shook up my cousin. They set up a crate with straw in it and he took the first shot, then told me to aim where he shot it. I did. He said I missed, I said I didn't. He went to the crate and found two bullets right there and only one hole. It was like Robin Hood. I was so proud of myself.

do you still shoot?

We haven't hit 100 degrees yet, this summer, (although it feels like it) and the weatherman said we're getting a cold front soon....hope it goes down to at least 70.....it's been 95 every day this week.

beat-the-heat.jpg

our pool is usually around 85 by this time of year. right now its 77. it has been a very cool summer. nights especially have been cool

My father was from Gastonia NC. I was there once, when I was 9. I sure loved those lightening bugs. I learned to shoot then too. Shook up my cousin. They set up a crate with straw in it and he took the first shot, then told me to aim where he shot it. I did. He said I missed, I said I didn't. He went to the crate and found two bullets right there and only one hole. It was like Robin Hood. I was so proud of myself.

Sorry but that's disgusting.

How so?

Sheila, I think it's cool when women know how to shoot and handle a gun. All girls (and boys) should be taught basic gun safety. My Dad taught me when I was about 10 years old. My ex-wife and her sister were taught by their father. I say good for you. :)

NC was where I learned to hate hot weather. I was miserable down there. It's even worse there in the summer than here and we get some high humidity here.

do you still shoot?

I went to the range we we had a Japanese teacher staying with us. He wanted to shoot so we went. I used a sig 229 and shot out Osama bin Ladens eye, and heart. I've still got it. :D

Sorry but that's disgusting.

How so?

Sheila, I think it's cool when women know how to shoot and handle a gun. All girls (and boys) should be taught basic gun safety. My Dad taught me when I was about 10 years old. My ex-wife and her sister were taught by their father. I say good for you. :)

When I was a kid, practically everyone had a gun, especially the boys. They learned how to use them when they were young. One of the neighborhood kids shot a bird and boy did he get it, from everyone. They learned young and I think that's one of the reason's we didn't have the school shootings they do now.

do you still shoot?

I went to the range we we had a Japanese teacher staying with us. He wanted to shoot so we went. I used a sig 229 and shot out Osama bin Ladens eye, and heart. I've still got it. :D

Forgive me....but that's so hot. :D

Apologies are an interesting topic Noomi. There are several types.

1. The courtesy apology. The automatic one we give out of politeness usually because we did some unintentional small thing.

2. The conflict avoidance apology. Given to smooth things over, even though you meant what you said and really haven't changed your opinon.

3. The heart-felt apology. This is the one for biggie's and has the best chance of being accepted. Often accompanied by a change in behavior.

I am all too familiar with apologies. Why do I have to be wrong so much of the time?

I think we all are wrong about the same number times, some are just better at recognizing when an apology is due. That is a credit to you my gimpy lady friend. :)

P.S. I make very good fluffy biscuits and thick gravy.

We haven't hit 100 degrees yet, this summer, (although it feels like it) and the weatherman said we're getting a cold front soon....hope it goes down to at least 70.....it's been 95 every day this week.

beat-the-heat.jpg

our pool is usually around 85 by this time of year. right now its 77. it has been a very cool summer. nights especially have been cool

The water in our pool always stays cool because it's surrounded by trees. It's a lot of work in the spring when the leaves fall, and then the oak pollen, but after that, it's just nice shade.

P1010931_zpsbebca9b7.jpg

Apologies are an interesting topic Noomi. There are several types.

1. The courtesy apology. The automatic one we give out of politeness usually because we did some unintentional small thing.

2. The conflict avoidance apology. Given to smooth things over, even though you meant what you said and really haven't changed your opinon.

3. The heart-felt apology. This is the one for biggie's and has the best chance of being accepted. Often accompanied by a change in behavior.

I am all too familiar with apologies. Why do I have to be wrong so much of the time?

I think we all are wrong about the same number times, some are just better at recognizing when an apology is due. That is a credit to you my gimpy lady friend. :)

Well send them over and I'll forget the "gimpy". :lol:

Well send them over and I'll forget the "gimpy". :lol:

I'd love for you to forget the gimpy part. Get well SOON.

The comment had nothing to do with guns... :rolleyes:

Careful, your eyes might get stuck like that.:D Anyway, I appreciate WQ's attempt to divert the conversation in a positive direction. I'm sure we all picked up on your point, but most of us resist confronting each other in the CS over points we might disagree on...there are enough other threads to spar in.;)

Careful, your eyes might get stuck like that.:D Anyway, I appreciate WQ's attempt to divert the conversation in a positive direction. I'm sure we all picked up on your point, but most of us resist confronting each other in the CS over points we might disagree on...there are enough other threads to spar in.;)

You are correct of course, doesn't belong here. Topic flushed.
into%20a%20toilet.gif

I will note though, although it's getting late in their lifespan, the population of lightning bugs this particular year has been encouragingly active. More it seems than in recent years.

I like it when you lower the boom boom..

Finally finished with the last estate sale!! Got rid of most everything and since we're keeping the lions share of the furniture I paid for that less my quarter of the take at the agreed upon price, everyone is happy and everything left in the house is ours.
Well just after everyone left a couple came by to buy a bedroom set and desk we had agreed to sell them yesterday. Unfortunately and fortunately there was a miss communication as I thought they were supposed to come back yesterday and probably changed their minds.....
Well the desk they wanted was sold (old presswood computer desk) so I sold them the good wood desk at the same price plus the bedroom set. Many of the items that didn't sell, that we really didn't want we gave to them as they were going to be donated anyway and they are a military family new to the area.
Then another couple came by who had been looking at some items earlier and bought those items....... Suddenly my out of pocket to my brothers was cut in half....... :D

Last edited:

I like it when you lower the boom boom..

Hey, remember this song??:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BRhuVUanGE]Paul Lekakis - Boom boom (let's go back to my room) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back