USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was woken up by a phone call saying illegal activity had been detected on my computer and I would be disconnected from the internet within 24 hours > it told me to press 1 to speak to a supervisor.

I figured it to be a scam so I hung up, but they called back four times in the following few hours. I checked the number each time, and each time the call came from a different number. I did not press 1 as I assumed it would switch me through to a high priced telephone line where some scammer would try an illicit more information.
So now I will have to wait 24 hours to see if my internet is disconnected.

That's the problem gallantwarrior, you are putting to much load on it to make up for the other hip.
One hip can't support everything .
I have to work very carefully with my inside home renovations and my back problem.
I take breaks in-between.
It takes longer but you get it done eventually.
Caulking &spackling plus taping fixtures and so on,before painting each room in the house and me who has a height problem with being on a third step, sometimes I twist wrong when I get shaky knees.Then I'm out and down for a couple of days.
Slow and steady does it for me.
I take a 15 or 20 minute break, then start again till I get shaky knees again. :)

I was woken up by a phone call saying illegal activity had been detected on my computer and I would be disconnected from the internet within 24 hours > it told me to press 1 to speak to a supervisor.

I figured it to be a scam so I hung up, but they called back four times in the following few hours. I checked the number each time, and each time the call came from a different number. I did not press 1 as I assumed it would switch me through to a high priced telephone line where some scammer would try an illicit more information.
It's a scam. I had a similar call last week. I'm not nice enough to simply hang up. I read the ass the riot act and let him know I'd be reporting the number, which I did. Guess what, I still have my internet access. And this caller even identified himself as being an AT&T rep.

It's a scam. I had a similar call last week. I'm not nice enough to simply hang up. I read the ass the riot act and let him know I'd be reporting the number, which I did. Guess what, I still have my internet access. And this caller even identified himself as being an AT&T rep.

I found a reverse look up uk telephone numbers web site that told me the numbers that rang are not registered with any phone company.. So I am in the process of reporting them as scam numbers.

Reverse Phone Lookup - Search Over 1 Billion UK Phone Numbers

I found a reverse look up uk telephone numbers web site that told me the numbers that rang are not registered with any phone company.. So I am in the process of reporting them as scam numbers.

Reverse Phone Lookup - Search Over 1 Billion UK Phone Numbers
Good! We need to as persistently report these scammers as they pester us.

Very wise Dajjal as it absolutely is a scam along with those telling you that your microsoft license has expired or the government is coming to get you because you owe back taxes or some such. And just about the time you think you know about them all, somebody comes up with a new scheme to scam us.

We should all be very wise about this and highly skeptical of anything on our computer or on the telephone or in our e-mail that seems odd or unusual.

That's the problem gallantwarrior, you are putting to much load on it to make up for the other hip.
I have to work very carefully with my inside home renovations and my back problem.
Caulking &spackling plus taping fixtures and so on,before painting each room in the house and me who has a height problem with being on a third step, sometimes I twist wrong when I get shaky knees.Then I'm out and down for a couple of days.
I take a 15 or 20 minute break, then start again till I get shaky knees again. :)

That's me. I have little or no back pain when resting, so I work for awhile and then take a 10 to 20 minute break when it gets sufficiently annoying. And then I am good to go again.

Hope all is well for you and yours Peach. I know you have been super busy but I miss you checking in more often. :)

Unfortunately reporting the numbers isn't all that effective as they change the numbers as often as they change their underwear which I assume they do the latter once in awhile.

Went for another truck load of wood yesterday. A guy known to one of my co-workers has a bunch of logs he needs cleared off his property. I cut the smaller logs to truck bed length (about as much weight as I could handle) and the larger logs I cut to stove length. Now, I will have to start cutting, splitting, and stacking this stuff. I still have a bunch to cut into stove length and split right here, too. Wood for the winter is looking better than when this whole stroke/heart attack saga began.
It's been rainy and cooler, typical Alaskan fall weather. It makes work easier, as long as it's not pissing rain. There's "termination dust" on most all the mountains, too. As usual, I'm busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest, especially with all the added work that my partner usually does.
My brother has become enamored of the idea of buying a motor home and coming up here, at least for the summers. I'm encouraging him. He's also reassured me that he's ready and willing to come up to help whenever I can get the hip replaced. It's more like I'll need both hips replaced because now the left hip is starting to be a chronic pain.
Well, I sure hope all y'all are doing okay. May your pains be few and slight. In some ways, this is a family for me.

Our Coffee Shop has become a family of sorts for me too. I really do love you guys.

That's me. I have little or no back pain when resting, so I work for awhile and then take a 10 to 20 minute break when it gets sufficiently annoying. And then I am good to go again.

Hope all is well for you and yours Peach. I know you have been super busy but I miss you checking in more often. :)

I know, but we have been trying to deal with the sudden death of one our neighbors 38 year old son.
We have known him since he was 5 years old.
He was the one who was doing our garage and other fix ups for us. He was a very good handyman.
He had a sudden seizure and died and they could not revive him. The family feels something is being covered up, so they are investigating it. This means no real funeral yet.
It happened at the end of July and I feel that it's alright now if I talked about it.
Before has been to painful.
We all ,friends and family were in shock, like in a fog for two weeks.
We all miss him so much, he was a good young man.

I know, but we have been trying to deal with the sudden death of one our neighbors 38 year old son.
We have known him since he was 5 years old.
He was the one who was doing our garage and other fix ups for us. He was a very good handyman.
He had a sudden seizure and died and they could not revive him. The family feels something is being covered up, so they are investigating it. This means no real funeral yet.
It happened at the end of July and I feel that it's alright now if I talked about it.
Before has been to painful.
We all ,friends and family were in shock, like in a fog for two weeks.
We all miss him so much, he was a good young man.

I can relate to that. Nobody should have to outlive their kids. And to lose one under circumstances like that is just brutal and when it happens to people you care about it hurts long and deep. We are still supporting Aunt Betty who lost her only child not all that long ago. And my sister whose son drank himself to death even more recently. Or our best friends in Kansas whose son committed suicide two weeks before Christmas a few years ago. All so very difficult for those left behind.

Went for another truck load of wood yesterday. A guy known to one of my co-workers has a bunch of logs he needs cleared off his property. I cut the smaller logs to truck bed length (about as much weight as I could handle) and the larger logs I cut to stove length. Now, I will have to start cutting, splitting, and stacking this stuff. I still have a bunch to cut into stove length and split right here, too. Wood for the winter is looking better than when this whole stroke/heart attack saga began.
It's been rainy and cooler, typical Alaskan fall weather. It makes work easier, as long as it's not pissing rain. There's "termination dust" on most all the mountains, too. As usual, I'm busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest, especially with all the added work that my partner usually does.
My brother has become enamored of the idea of buying a motor home and coming up here, at least for the summers. I'm encouraging him. He's also reassured me that he's ready and willing to come up to help whenever I can get the hip replaced. It's more like I'll need both hips replaced because now the left hip is starting to be a chronic pain.
Well, I sure hope all y'all are doing okay. May your pains be few and slight. In some ways, this is a family for me.

Our Coffee Shop has become a family of sorts for me too. I really do love you guys.

You can call me Lumpkins .. :twirl:pssst. ((the slower version)

Bro Lump says, drive the truck but hire some healthy teenagers to do most of the work (for cash) .. it's fun telling them what do and their cheap.. and speaking of cheap, it would be cheaper in long/short run ..:wink_2:

.. it's a good side business OP as well.

(200 acres.. that is cool, what kinda land?)

Last edited:

gallantwarrior

I'll take care of you while you mend.

They won't do both hips at once.

The docs will want you to heal and rehab from one before they do the other.

I've plenty of time on my hands lately.

Plus, the guys drank the dandelion mead and didn't share with me.

And I'm totally out of soap.

Well..the visit to the GI doc was a joke. Seems he can't do the colonoscopy until December. And, there is a shortage of anesthesiologists, which is why December. Sigh. So, he said my regular doc should consider sending me to another GI doc that can perform it in another city..like Roseville or Sacramento. But, I'd have to start all over again because most GI docs don't want to rely on the previous docs findings. Or..I can wait til December.
Not sure what I'm going to do yet. He said he doesn't put much faith in colonguard tests...too many false positives. And there is no blood in my stool, nor stomach pain, no vomiting, etc. However...the distended belly, the wishy washy bowel movements are suspect. Which could mean exactly what my previous GI doc said.....microscoptic colitis, IBS, diverticulitus, possible gluten intolerance, weight gain fatty cells collected in my abdominal area, and..drum roll..old age which does a number on folks plumbing.

So..I will confer with my doc and see what he thinks I should do. I am not in pain in the plumbing department. So...why not wait? At least, thats what I tell myself NOW.

And no..I am NOT going to do what I did before. STRESS OUT. One day at a time, painting rocks when able to move my fingers, watching netflix, amazon prime, tv.

Gracie

If you need to go to Sac or Roseville give me a holler

Well..the visit to the GI doc was a joke. Seems he can't do the colonoscopy until December. And, there is a shortage of anesthesiologists, which is why December. Sigh. So, he said my regular doc should consider sending me to another GI doc that can perform it in another city..like Roseville or Sacramento. But, I'd have to start all over again because most GI docs don't want to rely on the previous docs findings. Or..I can wait til December.
Not sure what I'm going to do yet. He said he doesn't put much faith in colonguard tests...too many false positives. And there is no blood in my stool, nor stomach pain, no vomiting, etc. However...the distended belly, the wishy washy bowel movements are suspect. Which could mean exactly what my previous GI doc said.....microscoptic colitis, IBS, diverticulitus, possible gluten intolerance, weight gain fatty cells collected in my abdominal area, and..drum roll..old age which does a number on folks plumbing.

So..I will confer with my doc and see what he thinks I should do. I am not in pain in the plumbing department. So...why not wait? At least, thats what I tell myself NOW.

And no..I am NOT going to do what I did before. STRESS OUT. One day at a time, painting rocks when able to move my fingers, watching netflix, amazon prime, tv.

Gracie

If you need to go to Sac or Roseville give me a holler
If it hurts they have to check you. So say it hurts, I had stomach issues for years and the doctors were worthless

Good to see MeBelle back in the Coffee Shop and Frannie, I believe this is your first visit here? I didn't have you on the roster until just now anyway. So welcome and first timers receive a complimentary beverage :) :

yellow-cup-coffee-beautiful-red-rose-record-black-40008406.jpg

Good to see MeBelle back in the Coffee Shop and Frannie, I believe this is your first visit here? I didn't have you on the roster until just now anyway. So welcome and first timers receive a complimentary beverage :) :

yellow-cup-coffee-beautiful-red-rose-record-black-40008406.jpg
I had to get involved after all the stomach issues that I had and solved myself. Most doctors take stomach and colon issues pronto as waiting to December to get tested might be letting disease spread for 3 months. I would find a new doctor

Very wise Dajjal as it absolutely is a scam along with those telling you that your microsoft license has expired or the government is coming to get you because you owe back taxes or some such. And just about the time you think you know about them all, somebody comes up with a new scheme to scam us.

We should all be very wise about this and highly skeptical of anything on our computer or on the telephone or in our e-mail that seems odd or unusual.
I was stupid enough to fall for the Microsoft scam...once. Now, anyone calls with some bullshit claim, they get read the riot act and reported. It's amazing the lengths these people go to in order to steal your money. It must pay damned well.

Bro Lump says, drive the truck but hire some healthy teenagers to do most of the work (for cash) .. it's fun telling them what do and their cheap.. and speaking of cheap, it would be cheaper in long/short run ..:wink_2:

.. it's a good side business OP as well.

(200 acres.. that is cool, what kinda land?)
I've been trying to lure younger guys from work to help and now that fishing and hunting seasons are over, maybe they'll come out. In the meantime, I dislike the idea of dying ala "To Light a Fire". And hiring local teenagers any more is like inviting a robbery. Kids these days are too much out for an easy score than to earn their way, like we did.
200 acres of prime birch/spruce forest. It's like breaking virgin ground to establish a farmstead. I do like living rough. It was revealing when my citified brother came up for a month. He appeared to enjoy the labor but I wonder how long that pleasure would last if he had to do it day-after-day, year-after-year. This is definitely a dedicated lifestyle.

Forum List

Back