USMB Coffee Shop IV

Damn, Gracie, when it rains, it pours for you. I'm crossing the hooks in hope that you'll find some relief before the big procedure.

She needs some of my oxy.

Hey 007. You haven't been here for awhile so good to see you. I have found that the hydrocodone or oxycodone don't work well with dental pain. Not sure about straight oxy but doubt that would either. I can relate to Gracie though because I have an old wisdom tooth that is starting to hurt and needs to come out and since my last medical event I can't take any nsaids that do help with the pain. So hope I can get in with my dentist soon.
Good luck with the dentist. My daughter finally had her wisdom teeth out last month. She's been having migraines for years and they traced the source to her wisdom teeth. The dentist had to break her jaw to get the last one out and another he took out after breaking it into pieces. Sheesh! What a hassle. I am glad to be a mutant who has never even had the hint of wisdom teeth. No buds, no roots, nothing. I only have 28 teeth!

Well, I'll be darned.....nice to see I'm not the only one without a trace of wisdom teeth. Like you, there's no buds, or roots, nada.
I always thought it odd, maybe an indicator of a higher form of the human species. But after all the agony others have gone through because of wisdom teeth, I am glad, whatever the reason. Could we be related?

I have no idea if we are or not, but we do seem to have a few similarities.

I found this article about missing wisdom teeth (1 or all 4), and as you say, may be linked with evolution....having larger brains and the room to accomadate. Though could have to do with genetics.....I don't know about you, but I'm not Inuit, African or Asian (though I love the food :) )

Why Some People Lack Wisdom Teeth | Live Science

Good morning, Mr. Roy Batty! It is now 7:33 AM here across the pond from you in the state of Oregon and I am having my first of two cups of coffee and then shortly thereafter I will be getting ready for my parttime great job in a beautiful small coastal town of 10,000 peeps along the breathtakingly sensual and spiritually visual central coast. Seasonal tourism is over for the most part and our spectacular coast of mature forests and a narrow winding highway has been left back to us locals and we are happy and grateful as our shortened holiday season begins.

Late last night I had a grand, interesting and informative time reading your introduction post, thanks to our wonderful and talented, Ms. Gracie who put up the link to your OP right here in the coffee shop. Since I am not here everyday I had missed it completely. I thank you, Gracie, for the goodwill. I LOVED reading every page of Roy Batty's OP and am so happy you introduced him to this sweet site for gracious posting.

Roy, if I may, I WELCOME you with open arms. I can't believe our good fortune to have captured the interest of such a fine, kind, well-informed and intelligent gentleman USMB has attracted and I hope you remain. You are very well-rounded and you are the kind of gentleman I have long been attracted to for social, civil, and exciting discourse. I LOVED reading all your posts in your Intro. I learned much about you and leaned on every word, excited to read the next post as you so generously responded to the many inquiries about your life and times in Britain. Loved that video the Brit shared with is on the pronunciation of various differences we of English/Scottish/Irish/ and various other descents use in our daily conversations relative to many subjects. I was familiar with some as I have often watched British media content on Prime Video.

Roy Batty, your presence, sir, is a welcomed Christmas gift to me personally, and it appears to many others who seem to embrace you and your worthy contributions. Thanks so much for coming early, Santa. May we be everything you enjoy and were seeking when you came upon us.
Why thank you indeed for such a glorious warm welcome, I am humbled.
Itā€™s 16.00. Itā€™s just starting to get dark the sun has nearly gone down, the temperature has dropped, another cold night, Iā€™ll have to put my Scandinavian onesie on tonight. :)
It is my pleasure to become your cyber-acquaintance, Roy Batty, and I thank you for a sincere response. I would like to see a pic of you in your "Scandinavian onesie" as I am already smiling and chuckling as I type this. lol.

May you and all other coffee-shoppers make a fantastic day. I certainly intend to as the rain has stopped and the sun is shining and my little art gallery on the bay awaits the sound of the turn of the key to open the doors to the world. ;)
Good morning, Mr. Roy Batty! It is now 7:33 AM here across the pond from you in the state of Oregon and I am having my first of two cups of coffee and then shortly thereafter I will be getting ready for my parttime great job in a beautiful small coastal town of 10,000 peeps along the breathtakingly sensual and spiritually visual central coast. Seasonal tourism is over for the most part and our spectacular coast of mature forests and a narrow winding highway has been left back to us locals and we are happy and grateful as our shortened holiday season begins.

Late last night I had a grand, interesting and informative time reading your introduction post, thanks to our wonderful and talented, Ms. Gracie who put up the link to your OP right here in the coffee shop. Since I am not here everyday I had missed it completely. I thank you, Gracie, for the goodwill. I LOVED reading every page of Roy Batty's OP and am so happy you introduced him to this sweet site for gracious posting.

Roy, if I may, I WELCOME you with open arms. I can't believe our good fortune to have captured the interest of such a fine, kind, well-informed and intelligent gentleman USMB has attracted and I hope you remain. You are very well-rounded and you are the kind of gentleman I have long been attracted to for social, civil, and exciting discourse. I LOVED reading all your posts in your Intro. I learned much about you and leaned on every word, excited to read the next post as you so generously responded to the many inquiries about your life and times in Britain. Loved that video the Brit shared with is on the pronunciation of various differences we of English/Scottish/Irish/ and various other descents use in our daily conversations relative to many subjects. I

My town as Iā€™ve said in my introduction is a West Country town, nothing special, but! The Romans made it a fortified town ....In Latin a fortified town is called a ā€œCeastreā€
Lots of Ceastreā€™s all over England, the spelling changes but the meaning doesnt.
Take ā€œManchesterā€ ā€œLeicesterā€ ā€œBicesterā€ ā€œColchesterā€ you get the idea?
My town was given to retired Romans soldiers, they fortified it and ran it. Itā€™s a strategic town, it sits on the main river crossing from which it narrows. Welsh armed raiders would cross the deep river and plunder nearby farms, but the Romans fortified the town and the raiding stopped.
Itā€™s was a very important city throughout English history. At one time the capital of England.
Here is a photo of our historical docks. (My own photo)

What do you think saveliberty , is this accurate? :p

zzugjkxkpj831.jpg

Alas even cats cannot move mountains.

Speaking of Windows 10, I just read on FB that support for Windows 7 ends in January 2020. If so, it's times to upgrade to Win 10 folks. Hombre and I have not regretted doing so long ago.
Support ends but some people will continue to use it until they can't, just like some still do with Windows XP. The real problem 7 users will run into down the road is newer systems that they might want to put 7 on will no longer work properly for 7 not to mention the security risks.
What's really surprising is as of 2018 most ATMs were still using XP.......... That's not a good thing.
Thanks, Ringel05. January 14 is the last day for me to feel protected and I am going to terribly miss my W-7 desktop. I am not upgrading since I don't need all the options it comes with as my needs for a computer have changed and I am going to replace my desktop with one of my 7 Chromebooks. I like the speakers on the Acer Chromebooks and enjoy the bass that accompanies them. It doesn't have tinny-sounding speakers at all and the music I listen to any time I am online sounds terrific and so do the podcasts and anything else. Of course, I am REALLY going to miss my Logitech stereo sound system with great speakers and subwoofer and great bass and I checked to see if I went ahead and upgraded to W-10 desktop, my sound system wouldn't work with it. My system is about 6 years old So goodbye to a great era with W-7 and XP before that. I DO love my Chromebooks and they handle anything I need. But Ringel, I am going to go with your advice about going with an external hard drive every morning when I use my Chrome browser to check my banking and other financial records. I will feel much safer that way than exposing them to the Cloud. As always, I am deeply grateful to you for sharing your knowledge with those of us who haven't your expertise. :) Great guy, you are.

Did anyone else get nothing more than I am getting a new computer? Who dips their books in chrome anyways? [waves at AquaAthena]

word

Roy, if I may, I WELCOME you with open arms. I can't believe our good fortune to have captured the interest of such a fine, kind, well-informed and intelligent gentleman USMB has attracted and I hope you remain. You are very well-rounded and you are the kind of gentleman I have long been attracted to for social, civil, and exciting discourse. I LOVED reading all your posts in your Intro. I learned much about you and leaned on every word, excited to read the next post as you so generously responded to the many inquiries about your life and times in Britain. Loved that video the Brit shared with is on the pronunciation of various differences we of English/Scottish/Irish/ and various other descents use in our daily conversations relative to many subjects. I was familiar with some as I have often watched British media content on Prime Video.

Roy Batty, your presence, sir, is a welcomed Christmas gift to me personally, and it appears to many others who seem to embrace you and your worthy contributions. Thanks so much for coming early, Santa. May we be everything you enjoy and were seeking when you came upon us.
Itā€™s 16.00. Itā€™s just starting to get dark the sun has nearly gone down, the temperature has dropped, another cold night, Iā€™ll have to put my Scandinavian onesie on tonight. :)
It is my pleasure to become your cyber-acquaintance, Roy Batty, and I thank you for a sincere response. I would like to see a pic of you in your "Scandinavian onesie" as I am already smiling and chuckling as I type this. lol.

May you and all other coffee-shoppers make a fantastic day. I certainly intend to as the rain has stopped and the sun is shining and my little art gallery on the bay awaits the sound of the turn of the key to open the doors to the world. ;)

Roy, if I may, I WELCOME you with open arms. I can't believe our good fortune to have captured the interest of such a fine, kind, well-informed and intelligent gentleman USMB has attracted and I hope you remain. You are very well-rounded and you are the kind of gentleman I have long been attracted to for social, civil, and exciting discourse. I LOVED reading all your posts in your Intro. I learned much about you and leaned on every word, excited to read the next post as you so generously responded to the many inquiries about your life and times in Britain. Loved that video the Brit shared with is on the pronunciation of various differences we of English/Scottish/Irish/ and various other descents use in our daily conversations relative to many subjects. I

My town as Iā€™ve said in my introduction is a West Country town, nothing special, but! The Romans made it a fortified town ....In Latin a fortified town is called a ā€œCeastreā€
Lots of Ceastreā€™s all over England, the spelling changes but the meaning doesnt.
Take ā€œManchesterā€ ā€œLeicesterā€ ā€œBicesterā€ ā€œColchesterā€ you get the idea?
My town was given to retired Romans soldiers, they fortified it and ran it. Itā€™s a strategic town, it sits on the main river crossing from which it narrows. Welsh armed raiders would cross the deep river and plunder nearby farms, but the Romans fortified the town and the raiding stopped.
Itā€™s was a very important city throughout English history. At one time the capital of England.

Well I have studied, read about, taught Roman Empire history for a lot of years, but in all that time I never knew about Ceastre or that the 'chester' or other derivatives mean the town was once that.

Thanks.

You never know what you might learn in the Coffee Shop. :)

Well...finally some news from my GI doc! My appt for the "both ends rotor rootered" will be December 5th. Now maybe I can find out for positive if I got a false positive of colon cancer....or.....I have it and can then decide what to do about it.

Eat a lot of M&Ms before the test. Give them something to look at.

Speaking of Windows 10, I just read on FB that support for Windows 7 ends in January 2020. If so, it's times to upgrade to Win 10 folks. Hombre and I have not regretted doing so long ago.
Support ends but some people will continue to use it until they can't, just like some still do with Windows XP. The real problem 7 users will run into down the road is newer systems that they might want to put 7 on will no longer work properly for 7 not to mention the security risks.
What's really surprising is as of 2018 most ATMs were still using XP.......... That's not a good thing.
Thanks, Ringel05. January 14 is the last day for me to feel protected and I am going to terribly miss my W-7 desktop. I am not upgrading since I don't need all the options it comes with as my needs for a computer have changed and I am going to replace my desktop with one of my 7 Chromebooks. I like the speakers on the Acer Chromebooks and enjoy the bass that accompanies them. It doesn't have tinny-sounding speakers at all and the music I listen to any time I am online sounds terrific and so do the podcasts and anything else. Of course, I am REALLY going to miss my Logitech stereo sound system with great speakers and subwoofer and great bass and I checked to see if I went ahead and upgraded to W-10 desktop, my sound system wouldn't work with it. My system is about 6 years old So goodbye to a great era with W-7 and XP before that. I DO love my Chromebooks and they handle anything I need. But Ringel, I am going to go with your advice about going with an external hard drive every morning when I use my Chrome browser to check my banking and other financial records. I will feel much safer that way than exposing them to the Cloud. As always, I am deeply grateful to you for sharing your knowledge with those of us who haven't your expertise. :) Great guy, you are.

Are you sure your Logitech speakers won't work with Windows 10? Hombre and I both have Logitech speakers--probably less expensive ones than you have--and they made the transition just fine when we upgraded and then again when we replaced our old desk top computers with new ones. Not buying new speakers until these die and they give no indication they are anywhere close.

i'm learning all sorts of newer music, which is 80's and up for me

~S~

Welcome to the Coffee Shop sparky. I believe this is your first visit here and we're happy you found us. Please read over the OP to know what we're all about in here and keep on joining right in.

Hombre and my quite extensive music cd collection has very little in it newer than the 1980's. We prefer the time of beautiful and creative melodies, strong lyrics, song styling instead of lots of noise and vocal acrobatics.

We prefer mostly 20th Century movies for the same reason: strong story lines, character development, great acting instead of disjointed plots, characters you can't identify with, gratuitous violence and sex, profanity dominated dialogue, and dramatic special effects that dominate most movies now.

Oh, and first timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage:

th

word

Well I have studied, read about, taught Roman Empire history for a lot of years, but in all that time I never knew about Ceastre or that the 'chester' or other derivatives mean the town was once that.

Thanks.

You never know what you might learn in the Coffee Shop. :)
Iā€™m a wealth of information about Roman, Anglo Saxon, viking history.

Welcome to the Coffee Shop sparky. I believe this is your first visit here and we're happy you found us

Thank you for such refreshing cordiality Fox...

Please read over the OP to know what we're all about in here and keep on joining right in

10-4....

We prefer the time of beautiful and creative melodies, strong lyrics, song styling instead of lots of noise and vocal acrobatics

I'm an 'oldies' fan , and would heartily agree with you here

Yet i've also conceded to what 'sells' to younger crowds , and as such play a lot of what i would not normal like or listen to

It's a semi-retirement gig for me , i can still do 3 sets w/two naps.....
DbC9MB9.jpg

cheers!

~S~

Welcome to the Coffee Shop sparky. I believe this is your first visit here and we're happy you found us

Please read over the OP to know what we're all about in here and keep on joining right in

10-4....

We prefer the time of beautiful and creative melodies, strong lyrics, song styling instead of lots of noise and vocal acrobatics

Yet i've also conceded to what 'sells' to younger crowds , and as such play a lot of what i would not normal like or listen to

DbC9MB9.jpg

cheers!

~S~
Welcome to the coffee shop Sparky, seems youā€™ll fit in quite nicely here. :)

10-4....

DbC9MB9.jpg

cheers!

~S~

And just for our enjoyment sparky, what general part of the world do you hail from?

Example: Roy is in southwest England
Dajjal southeast England
Peach is in Arizona
Saveliberty Michigan
AquaAthena Oregon
Gallantwarrior Alaska
Mindful I'm not entirely certain but somewhere in western Europe; not the UK
Sbiker Moscow Russia
Ridgerunner Hawaii
007 Wisconsin
SFC Ollie and NosmoKing Ohio
Montrovant Georgia
BigBlackDog Illinois
Hossfly & Beautress Texas
Gracie, Boedicca, Lumpy all in California
WelfareQueen, Sherry, Seagal Florida
Ernie and Kat Alabama
Ringel and Foxfyre New Mexico
JustAnotherNut (JAN) oh geez - Washington state?

Those are some who have been active the last 30 days or so and I know I have forgotten some who are near and dear to us all and didn't show up in my ever more faulty instant recall. Well over 400 folks have posted here at least once. I'll apologize profusely when one of the current regulars pops back into my head or calls me out. :)

Last edited:
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but last month one of the hens went broody....and yesterday was day 21, though sometimes it can take a few days to finish hatching. Anyway, as of today there are 2 baby chicks...one is peeking thru Mama's neck feathers and the other is turned away but visible.

chicks1.jpg

And so starts my day. The pard made It downstairs. I've a fresh pot of coffee on and started the power. Now he's beating the shit out of the remote control because it isn't working correctly, according to him. It most likely needs batteries but that won't stop him from smacking it to pieces. Yes, whenever he is conscious, he grabs that remote and cycles through the channels, regardless of whether I am watching something or not. He would just never, ever think of asking if I'm watching something. He really needs to go back home to his place.
My wife is the brains of the dynamic duo, I am just her grunt, anything technology wise I bow to her genius. Computer, iPhone, I watch, literally anything she is the business. Her techie powers are above mine, she even taught me to copy and paste properly.
The TV remote is hers, actually she has a table nest remote holder case for all of them...yes all of THEM.
Iā€™m not bothered, she can control the tv and everything else, but when I want premier league footie on tv she understands and gives me a remote. :)
Recording programmes I wouldnā€™t have a clue which remote to touch so its her domain.
Everything for a quiet time, if the female of the house is happy, itā€™s a quiet happy house. :)
In my house, I am the tech guru. My partner is one of those technological Cro-Magnon creatures. The remote is probably the closest he comes to having control over anything. He's been trying to bully me into doing some on line applications for him because he is incapable of doing so. I will, tomorrow. Of course, part of his passive-aggressive control script is to threaten to go to another friend to get his wishes fulfilled. I seriously doubt Dave will comply. He used to be the brawn to my brains in the partnership but since his stroke in July, I am both brains and brawn. He's pretty much useless, as it stands now. I have to be more time conscious and disciplined to cover everything. I'll get there eventually.
You are fortunate to have someone who balances your skills.

She needs some of my oxy.

Hey 007. You haven't been here for awhile so good to see you. I have found that the hydrocodone or oxycodone don't work well with dental pain. Not sure about straight oxy but doubt that would either. I can relate to Gracie though because I have an old wisdom tooth that is starting to hurt and needs to come out and since my last medical event I can't take any nsaids that do help with the pain. So hope I can get in with my dentist soon.
Good luck with the dentist. My daughter finally had her wisdom teeth out last month. She's been having migraines for years and they traced the source to her wisdom teeth. The dentist had to break her jaw to get the last one out and another he took out after breaking it into pieces. Sheesh! What a hassle. I am glad to be a mutant who has never even had the hint of wisdom teeth. No buds, no roots, nothing. I only have 28 teeth!

Well, I'll be darned.....nice to see I'm not the only one without a trace of wisdom teeth. Like you, there's no buds, or roots, nada.
I always thought it odd, maybe an indicator of a higher form of the human species. But after all the agony others have gone through because of wisdom teeth, I am glad, whatever the reason. Could we be related?

I have no idea if we are or not, but we do seem to have a few similarities.

I found this article about missing wisdom teeth (1 or all 4), and as you say, may be linked with evolution....having larger brains and the room to accomadate. Though could have to do with genetics.....I don't know about you, but I'm not Inuit, African or Asian (though I love the food :) )

Why Some People Lack Wisdom Teeth | Live Science
I'm guessing I'm one of the rare European descendants with this mutation. I am happy about it, though. So many people I know have had problems with their wisdom teeth.

Forum List

Back