USMB Coffee Shop IV

Shoulder improving, but still a way to go.

Back in Europe, and I'm starting a new physio course this week.

The nights are lengthening :113:
Nights are lengthening? Up here, they are getting shorter and we welcome that change.
What happened to your shoulder?

Oops. Got that wrong. Should be; the days are lengthening.:04:

I'll be buying daffodils from the Scilly Isles soon.

Replacement shoulder joint, or whatever they are called.

Bits are dropping off me. I wish they'd make me bionic.

Busy few days here for me. I went to the dentist this morning for a 10AM deep cleaning appointment. I worked my normal 6PM to 2:30AM shift, getting home about 3. I'll be getting back up in about 5 hours and driving for about 5 hours for a weekend away. I come back Monday afternoon, go to work as normal Monday at 6. Then I have a second deep cleaning (for the other half of my mouth) Tuesday morning at 9AM.

I feel like there will not be enough sleep in between now and when I go to work Tuesday. :lol:
Is there ever enough time to sleep? Have a nice weekend. Will you be seeing the little one?

I saw the little one last weekend. This weekend just past was actually a bit of a romantic getaway which, for me, is unusual enough to be basically unheard of. :p

I'm going to get a quick nap now before I get up and get ready for work. I'll have to sleep tomorrow after I get done at the dentist's. At least I'm getting the deep cleaning done finally, but the schedule is pretty difficult. :)

Glad the shoulder is getting better but we'll keep it on the list for awhile longer. But what about the house fire? Everything okay there?

We just got home from lunch at a place called "Cheddars" here in town--pretty good food and a wide variety of it at great prices. We meet every three months with some of my old classmates--those who live around here now--from Lovington NM where I did most of my growing up--went from 1st through 10th grades there and they still treat me as a full classmate. It was a full blown oil patch boom town back in those days and is now again with all the expanded energy production.

Glad the shoulder is getting better but we'll keep it on the list for awhile longer. But what about the house fire? Everything okay there?

Insurance claims going through. Could have been much worse.

This summer IF I get time I’m going to attempt copying my Winchester knife I bought 10 years ago, it’s still in perfect condition as I haven’t used it and its with my other collection of knives.
Over the years I’ve acquired knife grade steels, and of course wood for grips from all over the world.

Nights are lengthening? Up here, they are getting shorter and we welcome that change.

I can emphasize with the bits falling apart thing. I should have had a hip replaced last summer but my partner beat me to the punch by having a stroke. This summer, my brother will be here and come hell or high water I will get the first hip replaced. Hope your shoulder does get better soon and you regain full use of it.
I love daffodils. They are the flower for March and that's when I was born. I like aquilegia, too. I used to have a bed full of different types of aquilegia. And hanging pots of fuchsia, too!!

I can emphasize with the bits falling apart thing. I should have had a hip replaced last summer but my partner beat me to the punch by having a stroke. This summer, my brother will be here and come hell or high water I will get the first hip replaced. Hope your shoulder does get better soon and you regain full use of it.
I love daffodils. They are the flower for March and that's when I was born. I like aquilegia, too. I used to have a bed full of different types of aquilegia. And hanging pots of fuchsia, too!!

My father was a factory worker, he always came at 4:45pm We had a great back garden, my father had 2 greenhouses and would plant his seedling vegetables in troughs, whilst his plants were in the other greenhouse, my dads passion we’re Geraniums.
We were lucky as kids my Victorian mother always had a huge amounts of vegetables on the table at meal times.

Insurance claims going through. Could have been much worse.

So your house is still livable? That's great. You're right that it could have been much worse.

My father was a factory worker, he always came at 4:45pm We had a great back garden, my father had 2 greenhouses and would plant his seedling vegetables in troughs, whilst his plants were in the other greenhouse, my dads passion we’re Geraniums.
We were lucky as kids my Victorian mother always had a huge amounts of vegetables on the table at meal times.

We always had a large vegetable garden too and I grew up loving vegetables prepared in all sorts of ways. Except for butter beans and lima beans. Hated them as a kid. Still do.

We always had a large vegetable garden too and I grew up loving vegetables prepared in all sorts of ways. Except for butter beans and lima beans. Hated them as a kid. Still do.

The only things I don’t eat is undercooked red meats, and sushi types of fish meals, raw fish isn’t civilised.
But everything else on this planet I’ll give it a go, remember I’m a council house British bloke, I’ll eat anything as long as it’s cooked properly.

We grew up with a vegetable garden. With a large family there wasn't a lot of time or space, or interest, in raising flowers. We'd get home from school, strip off the school clothes and shoes and get out into the garden. We also raised small livestock, rabbits and chickens, and a calf and couple of pigs a year, too.

I love all vegetables and grew up having them much of the time, in the South. I especially love cruciferous veggies and I love butter beans and lima beans, too. There is only one veggie I don't love and that is cooked carrots. They are too sweet for my palate but I like them raw. I use garlic or garlic salt ( Lawry's ) in many dishes and sweet cooked carrots do not a match made in heaven work for me. Ha! But, I will eat them if they are on my plate and I am a dinner guest in someones' home. For me, it is the gracious thing to do and I like to be gracious. ;)

I love all vegetables and grew up having them much of the time, in the South. I especially love cruciferous veggies and I love butter beans and lima beans, too. There is only one veggie I don't love and that is cooked carrots. They are too sweet for my palate but I like them raw. I use garlic or garlic salt ( Lawry's ) in many dishes and sweet cooked carrots do not a match made in heaven work for me. Ha! But, I will eat them if they are on my plate and I am a dinner guest in someones' home. For me, it is the gracious thing to do and I like to be gracious. ;)

I try to be a good guest too. But I might slip the lima or butter beans into my purse or something when nobody was looking. They are just awful to me. I was required to eat them as a kid and I hid a lot of them under the dining room rug. :)

The only things I don’t eat is undercooked red meats, and sushi types of fish meals, raw fish isn’t civilised.
But everything else on this planet I’ll give it a go, remember I’m a council house British bloke, I’ll eat anything as long as it’s cooked properly.
Lol, Roy. I am with you on the sushi dishes unless it is the vegetable one I have had and did enjoy. For beef, depending on the cut, I like steak and prime rib, medium-rare. Hamburger, ( rarely have that ) cooked to almost well-done but not cremated. I do like bacon cremated. ;) I love bacon any ole way, though. And bacon drippings to baste a medium-rare, heavily garlicked, salt, and pepper, oven-cooked roast every 20 minutes. That makes for delectable gravy. Ohh my, I am getting very hungry right now!

Hmm, so wonderful to see you all here! Let's make a small rock'n'roll party?

How in the world does a Russian know and appreciate Michael J Fox doing "Johnny B. Goode," a popular rock & roll song from the 1950's? Michael did play guitar back then but he wasn't as good as he was in that video. He learned the chords so he could simulate playing and he lip synched the lyrics that were actually sung by a Mark Campbell, the closest thing the producers could find to Fox's actually voice. That was in the iconic movie "Back to the Future."

Alas Michael J. Fox was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease in the early 1990's and no longer performs in the movies or elsewhere except for doing some voice overs. He started the Michael J. Fox Foundation devoted to research and treatment of Parkinsons and that is what he devotes most of his time to these days.

I'm not sure, Rock'n'roll associates with Michael J. Fox in Russia anywhere, I'm just a fan of "Back to the Future" :) Btw, how about fiction genre, where main hero returns somehow to a past and making something to change history? It's a very popular book genre now in Russia, does it the same in USA? Or it's just an echo of revisionist historic propaganda here? :-\

As for Rock'n'Roll - I'm a fan of Beatles and Aerosmith, but also (and mostly) like a hard-rock and metal :) Damn, my teenager age was in 90th, at a rock concerts. It was a times, when at many mass concerts and disco were traditional street-fighting accidents... Now it's a hobby of soccer fans, but at that time it was total - rockers, metallists, skinheads, "region" guys and so on - all these groups regularily had fist fights among themselves at streets :) Police did nothing about it - it was a criminal 90th, so they had a lot of another tasks...

Busy few days here for me. I went to the dentist this morning for a 10AM deep cleaning appointment. I worked my normal 6PM to 2:30AM shift, getting home about 3. I'll be getting back up in about 5 hours and driving for about 5 hours for a weekend away. I come back Monday afternoon, go to work as normal Monday at 6. Then I have a second deep cleaning (for the other half of my mouth) Tuesday morning at 9AM.

I feel like there will not be enough sleep in between now and when I go to work Tuesday. :lol:
Is there ever enough time to sleep? Have a nice weekend. Will you be seeing the little one?

I saw the little one last weekend. This weekend just past was actually a bit of a romantic getaway which, for me, is unusual enough to be basically unheard of. :p

I'm going to get a quick nap now before I get up and get ready for work. I'll have to sleep tomorrow after I get done at the dentist's. At least I'm getting the deep cleaning done finally, but the schedule is pretty difficult. :)

How could you talk so coolly about dentists??? They're all ending an secret execution school to perform their feared operations with a terrific drills and hooks! :)

Red meat is a full of parasites without processing, but vinegar can solve this problem. But what about raw red frosted fish, "stroganina"? It's an awesome siberian food - make a thin pieces of raw frosted red fish with a pepper, salt and a bit of lemon juice! :)

Forum List

Back