USMB Coffee Shop IV

We just got home from lunch at a place called "Cheddars" here in town--pretty good food and a wide variety of it at great prices. We meet every three months with some of my old classmates--those who live around here now--from Lovington NM where I did most of my growing up--went from 1st through 10th grades there and they still treat me as a full classmate. It was a full blown oil patch boom town back in those days and is now again with all the expanded energy production.

I ate at a Cheddars in Georgia about a month ago, in the town of Valdosta. It wasn't bad.

Oops. Got that wrong. Should be; the days are lengthening.:04:

I'll be buying daffodils from the Scilly Isles soon.

Replacement shoulder joint, or whatever they are called.

Bits are dropping off me. I wish they'd make me bionic.
I can emphasize with the bits falling apart thing. I should have had a hip replaced last summer but my partner beat me to the punch by having a stroke. This summer, my brother will be here and come hell or high water I will get the first hip replaced. Hope your shoulder does get better soon and you regain full use of it.
I love daffodils. They are the flower for March and that's when I was born. I like aquilegia, too. I used to have a bed full of different types of aquilegia. And hanging pots of fuchsia, too!!

My father was a factory worker, he always came at 4:45pm We had a great back garden, my father had 2 greenhouses and would plant his seedling vegetables in troughs, whilst his plants were in the other greenhouse, my dads passion we’re Geraniums.
We were lucky as kids my Victorian mother always had a huge amounts of vegetables on the table at meal times.

We always had a large vegetable garden too and I grew up loving vegetables prepared in all sorts of ways. Except for butter beans and lima beans. Hated them as a kid. Still do.

The only things I don’t eat is undercooked red meats, and sushi types of fish meals, raw fish isn’t civilised.
But everything else on this planet I’ll give it a go, remember I’m a council house British bloke, I’ll eat anything as long as it’s cooked properly.

Red meat is a full of parasites without processing, but vinegar can solve this problem. But what about raw red frosted fish, "stroganina"? It's an awesome siberian food - make a thin pieces of raw frosted red fish with a pepper, salt and a bit of lemon juice! :)
Niet!

I can emphasize with the bits falling apart thing. I should have had a hip replaced last summer but my partner beat me to the punch by having a stroke. This summer, my brother will be here and come hell or high water I will get the first hip replaced. Hope your shoulder does get better soon and you regain full use of it.
I love daffodils. They are the flower for March and that's when I was born. I like aquilegia, too. I used to have a bed full of different types of aquilegia. And hanging pots of fuchsia, too!!

My father was a factory worker, he always came at 4:45pm We had a great back garden, my father had 2 greenhouses and would plant his seedling vegetables in troughs, whilst his plants were in the other greenhouse, my dads passion we’re Geraniums.
We were lucky as kids my Victorian mother always had a huge amounts of vegetables on the table at meal times.

We always had a large vegetable garden too and I grew up loving vegetables prepared in all sorts of ways. Except for butter beans and lima beans. Hated them as a kid. Still do.

The only things I don’t eat is undercooked red meats, and sushi types of fish meals, raw fish isn’t civilised.
But everything else on this planet I’ll give it a go, remember I’m a council house British bloke, I’ll eat anything as long as it’s cooked properly.

Red meat is a full of parasites without processing, but vinegar can solve this problem. But what about raw red frosted fish, "stroganina"? It's an awesome siberian food - make a thin pieces of raw frosted red fish with a pepper, salt and a bit of lemon juice! :)
Niet!

Why not? :) I've read article "10 russian foods, chocking foreigners" - and I know, raw fish is extremal, but it's not a buckwheat or forest mushrooms :))

Is it right, lipstick in NATO countries has diameter 0.45 inches, like pasta in USSR, which had diameter 7.62mm, lol? :)

Niet!

Why not? :) I've read article "10 russian foods, chocking foreigners" - and I know, raw fish is extremal, but it's not a buckwheat or forest mushrooms :))

Is it right, lipstick in NATO countries has diameter 0.45 inches, like pasta in USSR, which had diameter 7.62mm, lol? :)

Never measured it.

Niet!

Never measured it.

Just check it :)

I am just not keeping up on things around here very well. Everyone take care. Doubt I'll be back any time soon.

Oh I hope you change your mind about that because we would miss you. I always think the Coffee Shop is one of those places you drop in when you can or feel like it and just pick up from that point just like would be the case in real life social haunts.

I love raw fish.

The sushi rice I can do without.

I read, in Moscow there are much more sushi-bars, than in Tokio :)

I can believe that. I figure there could be more Asian restaurants in Albuquerque that doesn't have an unusually large number of people of Asian descent than there are in San Francisco or Honolulu that do.

You make it sound really good. But no. No sushi or any other raw protein for me thanks.

Niet!

Now that's a bit of trivia I bet very few people in the world would know. :)

You make it sound really good. But no. No sushi or any other raw protein for me thanks.

Only chicken white meat from KFC? :)) Btw, KFC is good choice to buy a big basket to feed a pool of children... and it's not so fat like Mac or Burger King!

Niet!

Now that's a bit of trivia I bet very few people in the world would know. :)

I think it's a kind of joke like about joke about highest achievements of humankind like flight on Moon depend of size of horse rear.. (Space Exploration History: The Space Shuttle and the Horse's Rear End :))

Raw beef in the US is generally safe to eat raw depending on how sanitary it is handled. Pork and chicken need to be cooked thoroughly because of the bacteria they can harbor. It is recommended that you even cook those for your pets if you feed them chicken or pork. Wild meat can carry parasites or bacteria depending on where they are harvested. I do cook all my wild meats.
Fish seasoned with pepper, salt, and lemon juice is called ceviche here and is quite tasty.
Ceviche - Wikipedia

Only chicken white meat from KFC? :)) Btw, KFC is good choice to buy a big basket to feed a pool of children... and it's not so fat like Mac or Burger King!
As long as you can pass on the potatoes and biscuits!

Good Morning!
And helloooo, SBiker. Good to see you back again.
Another balmy day here, -17C.
I had a Russian friend whose son was a dentist in Moscow. She offered have him put us up and do any dental work we needed. I should have taken her up on that offer, just to visit Moscow. Alas, too busy with everything going on here.

As long as you can pass on the potatoes and biscuits!

I'm still pondering the bucket of chicken. In my head I hadn't though about KFC being in Russia. It really is a small world and we do have so much in common with folks all over it.

Raw beef in the US is generally safe to eat raw depending on how sanitary it is handled. Pork and chicken need to be cooked thoroughly because of the bacteria they can harbor. It is recommended that you even cook those for your pets if you feed them chicken or pork. Wild meat can carry parasites or bacteria depending on where they are harvested. I do cook all my wild meats.
Fish seasoned with pepper, salt, and lemon juice is called ceviche here and is quite tasty.
Ceviche - Wikipedia

Hm, interesting, but ceviche have a lot of lemon juice and fish is not frozen. In stroganina there are only a drop of lemon, preferably pepper and salt :) But raw fish of different type, offcourse, a tasty. what about salted or smoked fish? :)

Ceviche - Wikipedia

Hm, interesting, but ceviche have a lot of lemon juice and fish is not frozen. In stroganina there are only a drop of lemon, preferably pepper and salt :) But raw fish of different type, offcourse, a tasty. what about salted or smoked fish? :)

I am quite partial to smoked Hadock with a jacket potato.

Forum List

Back