USMB Coffee Shop IV

We're up pretty high a couple of miles below the base of the Mountains so this is not surprising. We're 5,511.8 ft above sea level.

No snow here... :113:
22.0 m or 72.2 feet above sea level
No snow down "under".........

iu
Let me guess, those are Tuna fish, heading for a tin in your supermarket.
Maybe, maybe not. That shot was taken off the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Could be headed for Aussie grocery shelves....... :D

Since some of you never leave the CS and you're getting desperate for pizza, any pizza (remember you're desperate).....

Robot Takeout Delivery

I'm a little uncomfortable with this new trend of robots and drones and stuff coming to my house for any reason.

However we did have a pizza attack yesterday and there is a carry out/delivery only Pizza Hut about two blocks from us. In normal times we just go pick it up but they don't have a drive through so we did the 'responsible' thing & ordered to be delivered. I ordered on line though and for the first time they gave us an option for the delivery guy to deliver to us in person or leave it at the door. We opted for him to leave it at the door but the windows in the office give us a full view of the front walk and porch.

He arrived with the pizza wearing a surgical mask and plastic gloves and left the pizza--untouched by human hands once it was out of the oven--on the stool near the front door. As he left I opened the door and thanked him, was God blessed by the pizza guy, and it was a really good pizza.

Went to Walmart today. I wore a complete scuba outfit with a full face mask and gloves. I had my own air from the tank. On the way home I stopped at the car wash, stripped down and had Mrs. BBD power wash me. Think I’m safe from the virus?

I’m sat on a deck chair outside my front door of my house, the house faces south so the rear of my house at this moment has no sun.
It’s a beautiful day again here in my part of England, not a cloud in the sky, I’ve a fairly cold beer and the wife is making me a sandwich for lunch.
I have a copy of “steppenwolf” I’ve nearly finished reading, hopefully I can give it to my son to read soon.

Hi Corazon. But you aren't blond are you? A lot of American blondes aren't either. :)

Do they have ya'll locked down in the P.I. like they do here?
Hi Foxfyre!:bye1:
Unfortunately I'm not blond but I've always envy natural blond hair!

You don't need to be blond you're beautiful as you are.

I wanted red. Kinda red, in my beard anyway. Most grey now!
Funny how that works out, regardless of what we start with, we all go to a shade of gray eventually. Well, those who are blessed to keep enough to tell.

Hi all!

Do you have a quarantine too??? As for me, the third week inside flat, at least, lets me to sleep well :)

View attachment 317579
Essential worker here. My schedule has not changed. As a matter of fact, our flight schedule has expanded as they move as much stuff out of China in airplanes instead of ships.
How do you pass your time?

Oh, this "self-isolation" become hard... Tomorrowwill be a fourth week on remote working. It's strange, but an emotion condition slowly, but getting down... Especially after info, this isolation would be till 30th of april at least... ^)
But what we could do with it?

It's funny. I've been going in to work as normal; I haven't worked as many hours as usual, but I'm in an essential industry. The company I work for actually does testing for the virus. I'd be happy if I could work from home. I worked from home for around 20 years, first doing data entry, then as a nanny. Most of my free time is spent on a computer or watching TV or reading, too. When a situation comes up that makes staying home important, I end up as one of the ones that doesn't stay home, while people who get bored at home easily work remotely. :p
Really true, that. I'd love to work from home. My weekends are pretty much "self-isolated" anyway. There's a reason people live out in the woods, off-grid, and miles away from their neighbors.

There's no any problem to work from home for me, but the volume of job increasing day to day, I don't know, why :) Or, it's just an incremental fatigue :-/
Probably some combination of the two, SBiker. Our workload has increased 25% to 30% and we're actually hiring more mechanics and ground handlers. Thank goodness the de-icing season is almost over, having to treat aircraft for snow and ice adds extra work for an already stressed work force.

Forum List

Back