USMB Coffee Shop IV

SHEEEEEET HOWDY!

While everyone seems to have been frantically scrambling to put everything in the biz world on indefinite hold, one of my outfit's clients sent notice that they're very probably going to start their planned renovation project in May....Never thought that I'd suddenly find myself exited about going to Des Moines, but there it is!

:mm:

I suppose. I've been to Des Moines. And I really can't think of a scenario in which I would be excited about going there. But hey. . .we all love different stuff. . .

Went to the supermarket today, and had to wait 20 mins for a taxi back. The taxi ranks are empty because the drivers are afraid of getting the virus and a lot of them have gone on benefits.
If they all go on strike I will have to go back to using the bus, which will expose me to more risk of getting the virus. I live on top of a steep hill, and gone are the days I could easily walk up the hill. I am too physically weak to climb it.

Stay as safe as you can Dajjal as we all are. Wear a face mask and wash your hands for 20 seconds after you go out. Don't touch your face.

It's the end of my weekend. I will enter my usual "wash-rinse-repeat" work cycle. I wouldn't mind having some extra time off because I have rarely enough time to get the routine things done, let alone additional projects.
I hope the rest of y'all are holding up well under the edicts of the "new normal". Other than dressing up like a bank robber or an ER nurse, my routine hasn't really changed much.

That's the thing. Bank robbers don't stand out like they used to.

Went to the supermarket today, and had to wait 20 mins for a taxi back. The taxi ranks are empty because the drivers are afraid of getting the virus and a lot of them have gone on benefits.
If they all go on strike I will have to go back to using the bus, which will expose me to more risk of getting the virus. I live on top of a steep hill, and gone are the days I could easily walk up the hill. I am too physically weak to climb it.

Stay as safe as you can Dajjal as we all are. Wear a face mask and wash your hands for 20 seconds after you go out. Don't touch your face.

I was thinking about that today.....the advice of not touching your face or eyes and I realize I do that frequently out of habit and probably even more so just because I'm told not too. :rolleyes-41: Whether to rub my eyes or scratch an itch, etc and I find it nearly impossible not too. Then I also wondered, that if this is a respiratory (lungs) virus, what's my eyes got to do with it??

I’m sat on a deck chair outside my front door of my house, the house faces south so the rear of my house at this moment has no sun.
It’s a beautiful day again here in my part of England, not a cloud in the sky, I’ve a fairly cold beer and the wife is making me a sandwich for lunch.
I have a copy of “steppenwolf” I’ve nearly finished reading, hopefully I can give it to my son to read soon.
Hesse's "Steppenwolf"? That's a tough read but appropriate for the times.
Yeah it seems a lot of today’s mental problems we have today they had back in the 1920s
Like us today they also had the sex, violence and drug taking too.

Another day of home lockdown. I’ve been using the time to teach my dog Taco how to play checkers.
Chess are better than checkers! :biggrin:
everyones-playing-checkers-but-ive-been-playing-chess-for-years-997400.png

I was thinking about that today.....the advice of not touching your face or eyes and I realize I do that frequently out of habit and probably even more so just because I'm told not too. :rolleyes-41: Whether to rub my eyes or scratch an itch, etc and I find it nearly impossible not too. Then I also wondered, that if this is a respiratory (lungs) virus, what's my eyes got to do with it??

It apparently can't be contracted through the skin. It enters the body through contact with mouth, nose, or eyes. That's why they don't want us touching our face anywhere until after we have washed our hands in soap for 20 seconds. And because they now think it is airborne, it makes sense to wear a mask to keep from breathing it in as well as to discourage us from touching our faces when we're out and about.

Amazing. The "experts" say 18. I didn't find 18 myself but there are a lot of combinations there.
I pictured the diagram in my head while lying in bed, and realized I had missed some. I then made it 18. Have you any more puzzles like that?

I run across them now and then and post them when I do. I think 18 is the right answer at least according to the techies.

SHEEEEEET HOWDY!

While everyone seems to have been frantically scrambling to put everything in the biz world on indefinite hold, one of my outfit's clients sent notice that they're very probably going to start their planned renovation project in May....Never thought that I'd suddenly find myself exited about going to Des Moines, but there it is!

:mm:

I suppose. I've been to Des Moines. And I really can't think of a scenario in which I would be excited about going there. But hey. . .we all love different stuff. . .

Upon reflection I want to apologize for this post. Okay maybe Des Moines isn't anybody's idea of a preferred vacation destination, but I should have qualified my response with the fact that I was treated very well there, the people are friendly, helpful, and kind. Not a terrible place at all.

The last time I got my eyes checked I didn’t get bifocals, but the eye doc said I might need them, the next time I get my eyes checked if not that time.
I just noticed I cannot really read with my right eye, it’s all the left I’m using.:(

The last time I got my eyes checked I didn’t get bifocals, but the eye doc said I might need them, the next time I get my eyes checked if not that time.
I just noticed I cannot really read with my right eye, it’s all the left I’m using.:(

Welcome to the wonderful world of middle age Montro. Physical challenges start becoming a way of life but they're rarely fatal. We adjust. It might be time to go to a good ophthamologist instead of the neighborhood optometrist though. They can identify and correct developing problems to avert any really bad ones. My 93-year-old aunt has had macular degeneration for many years but still has near 20/20 vision because of competent treatment.

I have a condition in my right eye that has and would blind me in that eye, but with good treatment my right eye is as good as the left.

Modern medical science is an amazing thing.

Last edited:
Another day of home lockdown. I’ve been using the time to teach my dog Taco how to play checkers.
Chess are better than checkers! :biggrin:
View attachment 324124
My dog isn't smart enough to play chess - neither am I.

Oh I imagine you are. You just haven't had the opportunity to learn the game. I was blessed with being tutored by an uncle by marriage who just happened to be the Texas collegiate champion many years ago and I came to appreciate it. So I enjoyed playing but never really mastered it. Never got past the amateur level. Haven't played now in years though.

And it's really good to hear from you Big Black Dog . I've thought about you many times and wondered how you and the Mrs. and Taco were doing.

I’m sat on a deck chair outside my front door of my house, the house faces south so the rear of my house at this moment has no sun.
It’s a beautiful day again here in my part of England, not a cloud in the sky, I’ve a fairly cold beer and the wife is making me a sandwich for lunch.
I have a copy of “steppenwolf” I’ve nearly finished reading, hopefully I can give it to my son to read soon.
Hesse's "Steppenwolf"? That's a tough read but appropriate for the times.
Yeah it seems a lot of today’s mental problems we have today they had back in the 1920s
Like us today they also had the sex, violence and drug taking too.

Well yeah. I don't know how it was in the U.K. but the 1920's and early 30's, during prohibition, was when the American mafia was its most active and most violent and their stock in trade was bootleg booze, sex, drugs, etc.

I wear bifocals, they are best thing since sliced bread, my left eye is worse than my right.
Apparently for bifocal wearers we have odd shaped eyes, not perfectly round eyes, more rugby ball shaped (you get the idea)
This odd shape allows more light to get into the back of your eye, because of this I wear reactolite lenses, they change colour to how much light is present.
Before I was diagnosed with this problem I had terrible headaches, I hated driving.
With these bifocals with lens light altering I’ve got my old life back...headache free.

Forum List

Back