USMB Coffee Shop IV

1619383225459.png

I can see getting a temporary tattoo for certain occasions, but nothing permanent!

I'm glad your vaccines went well. I'm waiting to see the results of the NIH's allergy research before I get one. The risk of anaphylactic shock is worse for me than getting Covid.

I have had anaphylactic reactions, but not for years. I don't even own an EPI pen, but yes, I was freaked about those reactions with the vaccines, when they happened. My ex used to call me taking anything new "chemical roulette" because we never knew what might happen. I am the human canary in the coal mine so I was fully prepared for some kind of reaction here. Also, the pollen count is right off the charts and my allergies have been going nuts for the past three weeks.

This was also why I was happy to be getting the Pfizer because there have been absolutely no hiccups with that one. But for me, any new drug is a risk. The local drug store is giving out Astra Zeneca, and I would have taken it if I couldn't get the Pfizer, but it was always my first choice, if I got a choice. But with such a handful of problems with the millions of doses given, even the J&J, clotting problems are 1/500,000 versus a 1/1000 risk of blot clots taking birth control.

Also just as we turned down the street towards the vaccination centre, we had to pull over for an ambulance to go past, and then we followed it into the vaccination centre. I was about ready to jump out of the moving car when that happened, but I told myself that at least they were on the premises if anything went wrong.

I really have had worse reactions from the flu shot. What a relief!

I can see getting a temporary tattoo for certain occasions, but nothing permanent!

I'm glad your vaccines went well. I'm waiting to see the results of the NIH's allergy research before I get one. The risk of anaphylactic shock is worse for me than getting Covid.

I have had anaphylactic reactions, but not for years. I don't even own an EPI pen, but yes, I was freaked about those reactions with the vaccines, when they happened. My ex used to call me taking anything new "chemical roulette" because we never knew what might happen. I am the human canary in the coal mine so I was fully prepared for some kind of reaction here. Also, the pollen count is right off the charts and my allergies have been going nuts for the past three weeks.

This was also why I was happy to be getting the Pfizer because there have been absolutely no hiccups with that one. But for me, any new drug is a risk. The local drug store is giving out Astra Zeneca, and I would have taken it if I couldn't get the Pfizer, but it was always my first choice, if I got a choice. But with such a handful of problems with the millions of doses given, even the J&J, clotting problems are 1/500,000 versus a 1/1000 risk of blot clots taking birth control.

Also just as we turned down the street towards the vaccination centre, we had to pull over for an ambulance to go past, and then we followed it into the vaccination centre. I was about ready to jump out of the moving car when that happened, but I told myself that at least they were on the premises if anything went wrong.

I really have had worse reactions from the flu shot. What a relief!

That's me. I am apparently unusually sensitive to this stuff, but I had a far more unpleasant and long lasting reaction to my last flu shot than I have had with the COVID vaccinations.

My oldest daughter (age 39) got the Covid vaccine shot two weeks ago friday.
Came home that evening and started feeling sick. She called her doctor and he said it was just a reaction some people have, and that she would be ok in a day or two.
By sunday my daughter could barely get out of bed. The next day she called in sick to work, and went to the emergency room.
They tested her, and she was positive for Covid.
Seems that she already had the virus, and by coincidence, the Covid symptoms appeared the same day she got her vaccination.
Too crazy. ... :cool:

I had the Covid in January. Got the JJ shot 4/2 so far so good. Just had one night of side effects. I was posting here on USMB and all the energy went out of my body. I made it to the sofa and did not get up from it until the next day. Other then that all is well with me.

My oldest daughter (age 39) got the Covid vaccine shot two weeks ago friday.
Came home that evening and started feeling sick. She called her doctor and he said it was just a reaction some people have, and that she would be ok in a day or two.
By sunday my daughter could barely get out of bed. The next day she called in sick to work, and went to the emergency room.
They tested her, and she was positive for Covid.
Seems that she already had the virus, and by coincidence, the Covid symptoms appeared the same day she got her vaccination.
Too crazy. ... :cool:

Hope she's okay now Sunni. And yes, I am sure among millions getting vaccinated, a certain percentage of them already have the virus. And the vaccine doesn't kick in for a couple weeks I guess.

Hope she's okay now Sunni. And yes, I am sure among millions getting vaccinated, a certain percentage of them already have the virus. And the vaccine doesn't kick in for a couple weeks I guess.
My daughter is fine now and will be allowed to return to work tomorrow.
On a positive note. She could barely eat the first week, and had zero taste and smell when she did. So she lost that last 10 pounds she's been trying to get rid of. ... :cool:

PARIS, France. Not Ontario. I've been to Paris, Ontario. Boring.

LOL, Paris, Texas is pretty boring too. :) Me. I think I would book a flight to Vancouver and board a great ship for an inside passage cruise to Alaska.

In Ontario, we have London, Paris, Kingston, Windsor, Waterloo and Cambridge, and up until WWI, we had Berlin as well. The name was changed to "Kitchener" because of anti-German sentiment at the time .

Vancouver is a beautiful city and I would go back in a heartbeat. Nearly all of my vacations involving sporting events. 2009 4-Continents Figure Skating Championships. The ISU does a dress rehearsal event before every Olympics, to test the venue, and train the volunteers, and this was as close as I would get to the 2010 Olympics.

Another place I would love to go back to is Cape Breton Island, just off the coast of Nova Scotia. We drove the Cabot Trail when my oldest was a baby and it's the most beautiful place I've ever seen, and I've been to the Rocky Mountains. Every time you rounded a bend in the road, the view took your breath away:

cabot.jpg

My daughter is fine now and will be allowed to return to work tomorrow.
On a positive note. She could barely eat the first week, and had zero taste and smell when she did. So she lost that last 10 pounds she's been trying to get rid of. ... :cool:

I lost 15 pounds with what I called "The Broken Foot Diet". I fell off my bicycle and broke a small bone in my foot. No cast, but it hurt like hell, and I was on crutches for 6 weeks. I couldn't carry dishes or cups with my crutches, and we had a galley kitchen - no seating anywhere. If family were home and awake, they'd carry my food for me. That was basically at meal times, since we always ate together. No snacks for me! Effective, and quick, but not really recommended.

This was Bing's background photo today, and, while I would probably not use my ticket/$25k for this, I would love to see this area. Fascinating.
1619451402838.png

And the description of this along with my question: where did they get all the stones to build those walls?
"
'Cheese! We'll go somewhere where there's cheese!'
Ahh, the pastoral countryside of the Yorkshire Dales in Northern England. Dewy mornings, grazing farm animals, hand-built dry stone walls, and…cheese? Well, if you're a fan of the beloved British claymation series 'Wallace & Gromit,' you may have first heard of this area of the Dales, Wensleydale, because of its local cheese. In fact, the animated duo's notorious affinity for the local curd—which Wallace likes because producers thought saying it makes his face look 'nice and toothy'—became so widespread that it helped the Wensleydale cheesemakers stave off bankruptcy.

Cheese aside, another staple of Wensleydale, and the surrounding Yorkshire Dales National Park, are the 5,000 miles of dry stone walls that have crisscrossed the landscape for centuries. The walls were built by farmers to delineate boundaries, clarify land ownership, and more practically, to keep their cows and sheep from wandering off. The walls are considered 'dry' because they were built with no mortar to bind the stones together. Larger stones form a base for the wall, upon which smaller stones are stacked to create two parallel wall faces, constructed simultaneously. More stones are then used to fill in the gap between the two wall faces, with gravity doing the rest. While that may sound flimsy, a well-constructed dry stone wall can last at least 100 years."

$25,000 and a plane ticket to anywhere? I’d go to the Canary Islands. I went there when a ship I was stationed on back in my Navy days made a Portl stop and I loved the place. I’d gladly go back there!

I had to think about this one. I would definitely take the photo, but I can't say I am sure that I would go in. (The insurance adjuster in me did note the roof looks in pretty good shape all things considered though.)
1619635972362.png

Forum List

Back